2 UK Jobs Found
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
DIVISIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY MANAGER
“Excellent career development opportunity with global multinational, with manufacturing and logistics sites throughout the UK, for a graduate calibre, chartered Health & Safety professional to lead a regional best in class health and safety function within one of their rapidly expanding business units”
C £35000 Car Allowance & Benefits
Location: West Midlands
Commutable from Atherstone, Nuneaton, Tamworth, Dordon, Coventry, Bedworth, Leamington Spa, Warwick, Stratford on Avon, Walsall, Sutton Coldfield, Coleshill, Cannock, Rugeley, Burton upon Trent, Birmingham, Bromsgrove, Redditch, Solihull, Nuneaton, Lichfield, Ashby de la Zouche, Leicester, Coventry, Rugby, Lutterworth
Our client is a major diversified industrial group, part of a global multinational, specialising in the B2B sector. Safety is their first and foremost objective in all its activities. It operates a number of manufacturing and logistics sites throughout the UK and is seeking a Divisional Health and Safety Manager to take the lead within one of their specialist business units which is experiencing growth both organic and via acquisition.
Our client is seeking a graduate calibre, NEBOSH qualified, chartered IOSH Health and Safety professional with a track gained within a multinational, multi-site, matrix organisation, who will be experienced in working closely with stakeholders at senior executive, including the Group Health & Safety Manager on a regular basis within the business unit, the group and the plc.
As Divisional Health & Safety Manager, you will report to the Group Health & Safety and will take responsibility for health and safety at three manufacturing units located in Hertfordshire, Suffolk and Warwickshire. Each unit specialises in the manufacture and supply of a range of high quality architectural products produced from stainless steel sheet and extruded aluminium for use in major construction projects large and small in the UK and overseas. Therefore, experience of health and safety within a similar manufacturing environment using processes such as metal welding’s, precision CNC fabrication and forming would be useful. As a critical health and safety business partner you will specifically support, challenge, inspire and coach the leadership teams across each manufacturing site and their line management in terms of delivering the health & safety strategy across their facility. The focus will be on the development of a highly effective, best in class health and safety culture, values, behaviours, systems and processes; ensuring zero harm; ongoing legal compliance and excellent organisational and business unit health and safety standards in line with 18001 and transition to 45001 Certification.
- To guide, support and lead business unit leadership and their line management in the creation and delivery of the health and safety strategy and roadmap.
- To guide and support the business unit teams in the compliance and monitoring of all health and safety standards, policies, procedures and management systems.
- Ensure that safety improvement plans are developed within the business unit implemented and monitored across all sites in compliance with UK legal requirements and corporate health and safety strategy.
- Providing expertise, leadership and specialist advice to your health and safety advisory team and business unit management teams as required.
- Training, guidance and coaching to line managers to enable them to understand and effectively utilise the health and safety management system, in accordance with ISO 18001 certification and the transfer to ISO 45001.
- Support and enable effective critical and high potential incident investigations to be completed by line managers in order to identify the immediate and underlying causes and the appropriate corrective/preventative actions.
- To provide the appropriate level of challenge and help in developing actions to avoid repeat incidents.
- Facilitate the effective communication of health and safety issues and learning points generated by the business unit across the whole group in the UK and with industry bodies.
- To identify themes and help develop, implement and monitor health and safety strategies which will help to continually improve the business unit’s health and safety performance year on year.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Of graduate calibre i.e. HNC/HND, BA, BEng, BSc, MSc
- NEBOSH qualified
- Chartered IOSH member
- Consistent career history within health and safety management roles in large, multi-site, corporate environment within manufacturing and logistics. Clear understanding and belief in behavioural based safety and visible felt leadership.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills, experienced in persuading and influencing stakeholders at business unit leadership and operational, group and plc level.
- Up to date knowledge of current UK legislation including OSHAS 18001:2007
- Excellent analytical and strategic influencing skills and track record of continuously and proactively improving health and safety standards.
- Recent experience of managing 2-3 small to medium sized individual manufacturing or processing units.
- Good coaching and mentoring skills.
- Proven experience of health and safety systems development tailored to business operational and strategic needs including risk mitigation and incident investigation.
- Strong health and safety management system auditing experience.
- A highly responsive, supportive and inspirational critical health and safety business partner. A real committed team player.
- Professional, discrete, diplomatic and tactful at all times.
- Experienced in dealing with regulatory bodies.
- Computer literate including Excel and Powerpoint.
In return our client offers a unique opportunity to impact and shape the health and safety culture and performance of a high profile business unit.
SALES EXECUTIVE – MODULAR BUILDING CONSTRUCTON SOLUTIONS
C£35-45000 (Dependent On Experience) Car/Allowance Benefits
Location: Southern Home Counties/Central Region – Field Based role offering mix of office and home working
Commutable locations: Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Middlesex, Buckinghamshire, Wiltshire, Hampshire, Somerset, Gloucestershire, Bristol and Avon, Warwickshire, Northamptonshire, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Surrey, North London
Our client is one of the UK’s fastest growing players within the modular building solutions sector. Established for several decades, they operate manufacturing facilities across the UK. They offer smart, turnkey and bespoke construction packages to many sectors including house building, health, education, research/technology parks, industrial and commercial office space on a sale or hire basis.
As part of its ongoing growth plans, our client wishes to strengthen its UK sales team with the appointment of a Sales Executive to cover the Southern Home Counties and Central Region. Candidates who live close to the A34/M4/M3/M40/M42/M5/M6 corridors may find this a particularly interesting prospect.
Experience as a Sales Executive in the following sectors would be particularly interesting – modular buildings both interim hire or permanent sales for classrooms, offices, hospitals, healthcare, construction, manufacturing. In addition, candidates with experience of supplying portable buildings, cabins, cabin hire. Also, other off-site solutions such as volumetric, timber frame or light steel frame would also be of interest.
You must be familiar with hire and sale agreements under framework contracts for public sector clients. Our client’s customer base does also include private sector clients so experience of sales and hire into this vertical would be also be essential.
To develop business activity in relation to modular construction solutions for sale and hire to health, education, residential, commercial and infrastructure sectors in the UK.
- To develop new modular opportunities for sale and hire in England and Wales.
- To champion the Barbour ABI, Glenigans and any other market information software and update the CRM system in capturing timely and accurate information from these tools which drives the sales and marketing objectives of the business
- Develop contacts and relationships with the key stakeholders to achieve quarterly and annual modular sales and hire targets to Education, Commercial, Health, and Infrastructure Sectors
- Develop and present business solutions and proposals to potential new customers
- To produce weekly and monthly pipeline sales figures for respective sales meetings as requested by the Sales Director
- To manage and deal with customer enquiries
- To liaise with internal technical support to deliver timely quotation and bid proposals for prospective customers
- To analyse margins and report on variations
- Present the company at all association trade shows and exhibitions.
- As required, liaise with Design, Manufacturing and Contract Managers to ensure projects delivered on time and within budget.
- Work with the wider cross functional team in design, estimating, projects, manufacturing and operations to effectively represent and grow the business and contribute to the culture of innovation and continuous improvement
The Ideal Person:
- A good standard of education including excellent numeracy and literacy.
- An experienced Sales/Business Development Executive ideally within the Modular construction sector.
- A proven track record of achievement of sales and business development results
- Background in selling ‘solutions’ – both hire and permanent solutions
- Ability to build good customer relationships and think creatively
- Experience of sales to a variety of private and public sector clients across the following verticals - health, education, commercial, housebuilding, research and technology parks and infrastructure sectors
- Able to work independently
- Self-motivated to work in a target driven environment and maintaining a positive attitude
- Competitive spirit with a passion for sales
- Fast learner in a complex and competitive environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication, relationship building and problem-solving abilities
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Full UK driving licence