6 Scotland Jobs Found
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
Sales Director - Europe - Fintech Solutions for the Alternative Asset Management Sector
"Entrepreneurial Sales Hunter sought to develop UK & European market for Fintech Solutions for Alternative Asset Management Sector. Experience of selling Enterprise/SaaS solutons to Hedge Funds, Asset Management sector a prerequisite".
£100 -150,000 Uncapped Commission + Benefits
Location: Flexible UK - Field Based & WFH Working from Home
Our client is an expert within the alternative asset management and traditional investment and hedge fund sector. Its Enterprise/SaaS solutions include data management, reconciliation, regulatory reporting, treasury, cash, and expense management.
As a result of dynamic growth in the UK and Europe, our client now seeks to capitalise on this growth with the appointment of an entrepreneurial sales hunter to drive and build out the territory and also to establish the European Sales function. Once established, you may move into more of a player/coach and sales leadership role.
The successful candidate must have at least ten years proven sales success within Fintech solutions and services and must possess a network within the European buy side marketplace. Credit fund networks would be a major plus. Candidates must be able to demonstrate strong capability in structured pipeline buildout processes to generate £multimillion sales.
The company seeks a proven hunter within new-logo sales to drive the execution of sales strategy in Europe. Primary sales prospects could be alternative/hedge fund managers, traditional asset managers and / or asset management arms of insurance companies.
Responsibilities of the Sales Director - Europe:
- Meet and exceed new-logo revenue goals.
- Serve as an individual contributor and build a Regional Sales Team over time
- Conduct business research on prospects, opportunities, and segments and come up with and execute a comprehensive new-business acquisition strategy.
- Become familiar with the company's technical platforms, Managed Services and Consulting offerings and how they create value.
- Perform product demonstrations and presentations.
- Represent the company at relevant industry events and conferences.
- Provide regular and accurate reporting back to CCO and various Business Line owners Understand, monitor, and communicate competitor activity.
The Ideal Profile
- University Degree educated. Master's degree/post graduate qualification advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years of successful fintech sales experience with all or some of the following: Security Master, Cloud and Hosted Solutions, Hedge Fund Technology, Reconciliation, Enterprise Data Management, Regulatory Reporting, Financial Technology, Technology Consulting, Treasury, Managed Services, Datawarehouse, P&L Attribution
- Deep Buy-Side financial technology services background. Credit fund network /target market is a plus.
- Extensive European network and relationships across the prospective alternative fund and asset management marketplace
- Experience building out new markets
- Structured sales pipeline builder with clear repeatable process
- Willingness to travel regularly
- Excellent presentation, communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Proven leadership skills and sales success/quota track record
- Ability to generate new business through prospecting.
- Ability to gain access and interact with C-level executives.
- Exceptional self-starter.
Please make sure your CV and cover letter clearly indicates your European new logo fintech solutions sales experience, including products sold, clients targeted and quota attainment. Please note that unless your CV clearly demonstrates this, we will not be able to proceed.
To apply please email your CV quoting reference LX 717671
Electrical Technicians - Wind Turbines - ORKNEY
When you hear the phrase "Island Hopping", what's the first thing that comes to mind? A couple of weeks on a yacht in the Mediterranean? A Caribbean cruise with as many Pina Coladas as your liver will handle? Or something else?
Keep those places in mind but take the location much further north and drop the temperature by about 25 degrees.
Then swap the Pina Colada for a flask of tea and your flowery shirt for a hefty jacket.
Finally, imagine yourself high up in the air at the top of a wind turbine.
If that's the kind of mental picture that makes you smile, then you're going to love this job.
We're looking for Electrical Technicians to join our wind turbine team, based in Orkney. It's a shift-based role working 8 days on and 6 off, so you'll also have plenty of opportunities to explore this unique group of islands.
As a time-served electrical technician with a minimum level 3 qualification, you'll be maintaining, fault-finding, and repairing wind turbines in Orkney.
Along with the electrical qualifications, you can probably imagine that a sense of adventure and a head for heights will be essential for this role. Along with a sturdy set of underwear! Given the nature of a wind turbine, i.e. it's tall, you'll need to be physically fit and comfortable working at height.
Prior experience with wind turbines would be a great feature, but we know it's unlikely, so we will provide the training you need to work on our market-leading machinery.
On top of the basic salary of £27,966, we pay working pattern allowances which will boost your pay to £32,055. On top of that, there are opportunities to increase your income further with overtime, training, and travel allowances. Our standard day is 07:30 to 18:30 with a 30 min lunch break (10.5 hours total).
So, if you're already based in Orkney or would relish the life-changing opportunity to live and work there, contact us on 44 (0)1905 381320
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER
"Creating is the essence of life!" said Julius Caesar. And he may have been right, if a little overdramatic.
Creating something from nothing is a rewarding experience. It's always challenging, but the feeling you get from succeeding is immeasurable.
As a Supply Chain Manager, how many times have you had the opportunity to create a new supply chain practically from scratch?
Probably not many.
But would you like to do so?
Our client needs someone like you to transform their fledgeling supply chain from India and China into a robust, streamlined and professional process.
They are a specialist division of a market-leading group and plc which means they can invest in creating and developing strategic relationships with suppliers.
And that's where you come in.
Using your experience with sourcing mechanically engineered products from the Far East, China, India and other low-cost source countries, you will be able to build and lead their supplier relationships. And, with the components being metallic, you'll be able to draw on your knowledge of commodity pricing and negotiation to support the company's cost reduction plans.
Within the business, you'll be working across other functions such as engineering, design, and quality, so you'll need to be a great communicator and be comfortable operating with all business levels.
As for other requirements, our client would prefer degree-level candidates with a CIPS qualification. However, you must demonstrate experience of your success in working as a Supply Chain Manager, sourcing commodity components from the countries already mentioned.
There are many more details to discuss, so please indicate your interest in this role by emailing your CV quoting reference LX 642943
GROCERY RETAIL OPERATIONS DIRECTOR - HARD DISCOUNT NEW STORE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME
"Interim consultancy role for highly experienced Discount Grocery Retail Sales & Operations Specialist to strategically plan, develop and lead our client's ambitious store expansion plan across the Middle East."
US c$8000/£6000/€7000 Net Per Month Housing Flights (Interim 6-12 months)
Our client is one of the largest Grocery Supermarket Chains in the Middle East. It operates a variety of different store formats. As part of an ambitious expansion plan for its hard discount grocery retail supermarket business model, it is seeking a highly experienced Senior Executive with a significant track record and expertise in Discount Grocery retail sales and operational leadership to strategically plan, develop and lead the launch of c150 new stores within the next 18 months.
Our client is offering this role on a 6-12-month interim consultancy basis located in the Middle East. We are only seeking Senior Executives with experience at Director or VP level within hard discount grocery supermarket retailing store formats.
Reporting to Board level you will:
· Build the foundation of our client hard discount retail programme, store operations, shaping the in-store consumer experience.
· Shape the initiatives and objectives related to budgets and strategic planning in relation to the expansion of the hard discount grocery supermarket format.
· Ensure the successful launch, profitability and success of our client's hard discount grocery retail operation ensuring a best practice launch model.
· Influence and steer a culture of high performance and accountability.
· Recommend and implement retail commercial policy (store location and size, range assortment, merchandising, retail pricing, sales objectives and targets, promotional activities, store people resource plan).
· Partner with all HO cross functional teams to enable the launch of c150 new hard discount grocery stores within the next 18 months.
· You will play a critical role in supporting and being both strategic and hands on working closely with regional and national teams to achieve retail targets and KPIs, leading and supporting the growth plans.
· You will be strategically and operationally responsible for the successful launch of stores and driving the revenue and physical store count.
· You will be accountable for tailored store plans and objectives specific to different geographical locations and customer market demographics.
· Working in partnership with colleagues in property/real estate champion and identify suitable new store locations and the continued evolution of new store opening processes to meet the needs of target customer communities.
· Guide stores through optimum and effective product merchandising, allocation/replenishment processes to drive sales and store productivity for a hard discount grocery supermarket model/format.
· Create and implement optimum store people resourcing models working closely with HR to ensure strong successful store leadership and teams to support the organisation and hard discount model as it grows.
The Ideal Profile:
· Market leading hard discount grocery retail Sales & Operations Senior Executive/Strategist/Consultant.
· Successful track record of accelerated/rapid launch of c100-150 stores minimum across a specific country or geographical territory with proven results.
· Minimum 15 years' experience leading cross functional and integrated retail teams in grocery retailing including in depth understanding of the hard discount supermarket model.
· University degree educated. Masters level education would be highly advantageous.
· Experienced at presenting to Board level, presenting business cases including full financial and capital investment proposals.
· Excellent negotiation skills and commercial awareness.
· An unparalleled expertise in real estate for new store openings including an understanding of the nuances, opportunities, potential barriers to entry in different markets/regions.
· Highly analytical and numerate, familiar with setting stringent KPIs and targets to achieve impressive sales growth and profitability and Return on Investment.
· An innovative and breakthrough thinker familiar with working within developing retail markets.
· Highly flexible and adaptable when faced with ambiguity.
· Core experience as a senior executive in retail store operations with market leading hard discount grocery retailing may be combined with strategic retail sales consultancy.
If you are a hard discount grocery retail specialist with a track record successfully strategically planning and implementing a rapid store expansion plan, then please contact us for an early and confidential discussion about this role.
The role is located in the Middle East for the duration of the contract/project and therefore you will be required to relocate to the Middle East. Our client will provide housing and flights and a very competitive net salary per month.
What's the view from your workplace? Bet it's not as good as this…
You know those annoying friends on social media? The ones with the jobs that take them to fantastic locations so they can post "This is the view from my workplace..." type posts.
How would you like to compete with that annoying friend?
Whatever their current view, it's unlikely to match the absolute beauty of the Isle of Skye - particularly if you're about 100m in the air working on a wind turbine.
That's where this role is based.
We're looking for Electrical Technicians to join our wind turbine team, based on Skye. It's a shift-based role working 8 days on, 6 off, 4 days on, 3 off. So, you'll also have plenty of opportunities to explore this unique part of the UK.
As a time-served electrical technician with a minimum of a level 3 qualification, you'll be maintaining, fault-finding, and repairing wind turbines. Occasionally, you may be required to assist with installing and commissioning new turbines in other parts of the UK. But you'll be based out of Skye for the main part.
Along with the electrical qualifications, you can probably imagine that a sense of adventure and a head for heights will be essential for this role. Along with a sturdy set of underwear! Some of our turbines are 125m tall, so you'll need to be physically fit and comfortable working at height.
Prior experience with wind turbines would be a great feature, but we know it's unlikely, so we will provide the training you need to work on our market-leading machinery.
On top of the basic salary of £27,966, we pay working pattern allowances, overtime, training, and travel allowances. Our standard day is 07:30 to 18:30 with a 30 min lunch break (10.5 hours total).
So, if you're already based on Skye or would relish the life-changing opportunity to live and work there, apply now.
Oh, and don't forget your camera. Those social media posts won't write themselves.
SOURCING, PROCUREMENT & SUPPLIER DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - FAR EAST & INDIA SUPPLY CHAIN
C£35000 (Dependent on Experience) + Benefits
Our client is a specialist division of a market leading group and plc, specialising in interior and exterior hardware, fixtures, and fittings. This is a newly created role reporting to the Product Development function, to take responsibility for strategic sourcing and supplier development of product sourced and manufactured in the Far East and India.
This role would suit a graduate calibre, potentially CIPS qualified, sourcing, procurement, and supplier development specialist with a track record of working with Far East/China, India and other low-cost source countries for parts and products. The Sourcing, Procurement and Supplier Development Manager will develop and implement procurement strategies, working closely with colleagues in China and India in relation to supplier capabilities and performance, quality control and supply chain into the UK. Experience of category and range planning and development and procurement analysis would be highly advantageous. A strong appreciation of metal commodity and trading price negotiation and contracts will be critical to success.
• Effective analysis of current supply chain and successful implementation of procurement strategy and policies.
• Full supplier performance management reporting into senior executives to include the set up and monitoring of performance metrics and liaising with China and India Sourcing offices and suppliers to ensure performance criteria is met.
• Build and develop credible relationships with suppliers and in some cases develop a supply partnership.
• Key contact in HQ for supplier issues including management of defective or unacceptable goods or services with NPD Team. Assist with investigation on product issues and communicate to supply chain accordingly.
• Manage trading & price negotiation for products with current and potential new suppliers.
• Manage tenders / RFQ’s with supply chain, which may include current suppliers or sourcing new suppliers in new territories.
• Organise supplier onboarding activity to include supplier set up, arrange audits, support first manufacture product checks, and manage through any issues with relevant stakeholders including Sourcing offices in China/India and Product Development colleagues.
• Commit to a productivity plan (cost savings) whilst maintaining the expected product quality levels associated with the product brand/position.
• Manager OTIF performance of suppliers working in partnership with planning and suppliers to ensure targets are met.
• Quality resolution with Suppliers and negotiation for Credits.
• Negotiations to mitigate delays working with planning.
• Negotiate MOQ levels (in partnership with planning)
• Work towards total supplier compliance supporting China and India sourcing offices in supplier improvements where identified through the audit process.
• Comprehensively develop and implement purchasing strategies in conjunction with the Head of Product & Procurement
• Work in partnership with Product Development Engineer where design input / application engineering is required focusing on Value Analysis and Value Engineering (VAVE)
• Organise and Communicate the purchasing element of Customer Special Orders
• Closely liaise with Accounts to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices, as necessary for the business with the supplier.
• Ensure the highest standards of health and safety, ethics and sustainability throughout the supply chain.
The Ideal Candidate:
• University degree educated/graduate calibre. Part or Ful CIPS qualification would be highly advantageous although not a prerequisite.
• Experience of sourcing, procurement and supplier development from the Far East/China and India.
• Specifically, sourcing metal and mechanically engineered parts and products for the consumer market within a fast-moving route to market such as retail, wholesale and distributor channels.
• Highly numerate and analytical with a track record of commodity trading and price negotiation and contract development.
• Strong awareness of category, range and brand development and positioning.
• Energetic, resilient, and flexible to undertake business travel to Far East and India to source, procure and develop supplier partnerships.
• Capable and experienced to set up our clients sourcing, procurement, and supplier development function in the UK HO, ensuring that all processes, contractual frameworks, dashboards, and systems are implemented and aligned to support total cost and supplier management.
• Experience in cross functional working within a matrix organisation including supporting new product development and launch within a value engineering environment.
• Fluent in business English. Fluency in Chinese would be highly advantageous but not a prerequisite.
In return our client offers a very competitive salary and the opportunity to play a key role in establishing the sourcing & procurement function further enhancing our client’s market leading position as a supplier of high quality products.
To apply without delay, please email your CV quoting reference LX 642943 to email@example.com Telephone 01905 381 320 www.martinveasey.com