- EUROPE (EU) (1)
- Ireland (1)
- UK (4)
- East Anglia (2)
- Home Based (1)
- Midlands East (3)
- Midlands West (3)
- North East (3)
- North West (inc. Isle of Man) (3)
- Northern Ireland (2)
- Scotland x (4)
- South (inc. Isle of Wight) (2)
- South East (inc Home Counties) (2)
- South West (2)
- Thames Valley (M4 Corridor) (1)
- Wales (2)
- Yorkshire (inc Humberside) (3)
- Permanent (4)
4 Jobs Found
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
TECHNICAL MANAGER - CONCRETE TECHNOLOGY
"High profile role for commercially astute, technical leader and concrete technology specialist to join blue chip multinational at a prestigious customer site."
£Very Competitive Bonus Blue Chip Benefits
As an expert in concrete, you'll have already laid the foundations of your career and built a library of knowledge and experience. But would you like to extend your skills even further?
Putting aside the terrible puns, our client is offering the rare opportunity for someone with your ability to join a unique, long-term project at their site in Cumbria.
If we say they're providing concrete, made to exacting standards, to their client in the nuclear industry, you don't need to be a genius to fill in the blanks of the companies involved.
It's a long-term supply contract which should provide you with enough job security to consider relocating to the region if you live outside a commutable zone. Plus, it has a high level of prestige with the instantly recognisable organisations you'll be working for who could catapult your career to new highs.
So, as the Technical Manager, you'll lead a small team of six technicians at the concrete manufacturing plant. The overview of the role is to provide expert knowledge and technical support to the sales and operational teams regarding customer specifications and product manufacture/delivery.
Given the construction projects involve, you can imagine that ensuring the quality and specification of the concrete is critical. So this is an active role where you'll be a visible presence in the manufacturing plant and on-site at the end user's facility. You won't be stationed in a lab, crunching data all day, as you'll provide technical support and advice to main contractors and engineers.
As Technical Manager, you'll already have a solid working knowledge of aggregates and Ready Mix (RMX) concrete products and their applications. Plus, you'll be familiar with EN206 standards and specifications.
Qualifications-wise, you'll likely have a University Certificate or Diploma in Concrete Studies, City and Guilds Concrete Technology and Construction (similar). But, most importantly, you'll thoroughly understand the concrete production process and be confident in communicating with engineers and technicians at all levels.
In return, our client offers the kind of benefits package you'd expect from a company of their size and will help with your relocation if you live outside of the area.
As you can imagine, there are many other details to discuss. So please indicate your interest by emailing your CV, quoting reference LX 1209217
SENIOR BUYER/ CATEGORY SPECIALIST - IT/INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
"Exciting role for ambitious IT/Information Technology procurement specialist with experience of purchasing outsourced IT/Information Technology Infrastructure, Cyber Defence and Application Development."
£Very Competitive (Dependent Upon Experience) Blue Chip Benefits Package
Location: Hybrid/Remote - Sites in the North West & South East/Home Counties
Commutable from Chester, Ellesmere Port, Mold, Wrexham, Birkenhead, Wallasey, Warrington, Runcorn, Widnes, Liverpool, Crewe, Knutsford, Macclesfield, Greater Manchester, Wigan, Newton le Willows, Leigh, Heywood, Skelmersdale.
Our client is a global player within the specialist energy, electricity and power generation sector.
Our client seeks to strengthen its IT/Technology procurement team with the appointment of an ambitious, university degree educated category and procurement management professional into the role of Senior Buyer/Category Specialist - IT/Information Technology.
Our client is focused on delivering efficiency to its global operations and rising to the challenge of ensuring that its data and systems are secure and robust, delivering significant change to the way IT/Information Technology works within the organisation. Currently IT Infrastructure, Cyber Defence and Application Development are outsourced, and our client is reviewing Operational Information Technology for the its plants. The focus will be on next generation outsourcing with high levels of customer satisfaction as a key driver for our client's IT strategy. Reporting to a Senior Category Manager, the Senior Buyer/Category Specialist- IT/Information Technology will work in close collaboration IT Director will be of paramount importance to a successful transformation.
You will be working closely with the IT/Information Technology team and therefore your role will take on a UK and European perspective.
* Working within cross functional teams develop medium to long term sub-category plans setting out the value drivers for the category and the roadmap of actions to deliver them.
* Shape and manage supplier relationships to ensure value is delivered including value definition, value creation including opportunity development and supply chain execution process; value capture including governance and compliance management and value protection to mitigate risk.
* Management and development of robust business partner relationships will be critical to success in the role. You will be expected to leverage experience of procurement strategy and delivery in your field of expertise to build these relationships. The strength of your relationship will enable you to confidently challenge business partners to think and act differently, to be creative and open to new ideas and to explore new supply chain possibilities.
* You will be happy to accept responsibility for delivering the value set out in your sub-category strategy.
* Your experience of influencing and shaping contracts, supplier relationships and contract management will ensure you deliver the expected business benefits from the spend you are managing.
* You will contribute to the development of the Procurement function's capability bringing experience of best practice from other industries and employers.
The Ideal Person will possess the following qualifications, experience, skills and competencies:
A university degree and ideally CIPS (or equivalent) qualification
Experience of working across global operations or multi-site environments and a keen sense of cultural awareness
Currently working within a high security sector such as defence, nuclear, aerospace, marine, ministry of defence, utilities etc
Understanding of the nuances of IT/Information Technology contracts and knowledge and skill in the development of IT/Information Technology specific contracts which secure value for our client and mitigate risk as much as possible.
A proven track record in value delivery, improvement activity and best practice development in IT/Information Technology procurement.
Understanding Information Technology markets, suppliers and technologies and how to leverage them for value for our client
Building IT/Information Technology sub-category and category strategies to describe how value will delivered in the short, medium and long term
Negotiating with IT/Information Technology suppliers to drive the right commercial and contractual outcomes
Building relationships internally and externally to enable you to be successful in your role and to contribute to the development of our client as a world-class procurement organisation
A thirst for knowledge, an inquisitive mind-set and drive for results.
A knowledge of Procurement systems and technologies and the ability to put operational measures in place to ensure contracts deliver brilliantly.
In return our client offers a very competitive salary and blue-chip benefits package and the opportunity to develop your career within a market leader. The roles are offered on a hybrid/remote basis with regular visits to sites in the North West and Home Counties for cross functional engagement.
Commercial Director - 3PL Warehousing & Transport Solutions
"3PL Commercial Strategist & Business Development Specialist required with track record within Ireland, UK & Northern European multi temperature solutions."
€Very Competitive Bonus, Car/Allowance & Benefits Relocation Assistance
Do you have a proven track record in commercial strategy, new business development and key account management within the Irish, UK and European 3PL/4PL transport and warehousing contract logistics sector?
Would you like to apply this experience within a highly successful and well-established Irish business? Then this role could be perfect for you.
We are seeking a Commercial Director who combines 3PL/4PL contract logistics experience with an entrepreneurial mindset and a strong network within the Ireland to UK and Ireland to European marketplace.
This is a newly created role to support unprecedented growth and customer demand, in part due to Brexit and due to planned expansion. This expansion includes the establishment of an additional new warehouse to support manufacturing supply chains across several industry sectors including pharmaceutical cold chain, multi temperature food, hi tech and automotive. Our client has warehousing, and transport operations already set up in Ireland close to the Northern Ireland border and the UK.
To support their future growth, they would like to bring on board a Commercial Director with experience in palletised logistics, particularly between the UK, Ireland, and Europe. As well as developing closer relationships with existing customers, you will also create and implement a sales and marketing strategy to target new customers. They see their strategy as being split between being a 3PL provider directly for the end client and a 4PL provider for other transport companies. Therefore, your knowledge of both types of service will be essential.
In addition, you will also have input in designing warehousing and transport solutions for customers, so your operational knowledge will be used extensively.
Brexit has presented many companies with challenges transporting between Ireland and the UK. Our client is ideally situated to help and advise customers on how to negotiate the new procedures. So, having detailed knowledge of the Irish and UK transport markets will be crucial to your success in the role.
You'll be based from their head office in Ireland as you will be a key member of the senior executive team, and our client is also happy to support your relocation if you're currently based elsewhere.
* Responsible for developing high-level relationships with new & existing customers, facilitating new business as a result
* Work with the commercial team to identify clients and opportunities for new business
* Develop strong working relationships with key decision-makers in target clients
* Facilitate the solutions design and business development process, supporting and guiding the commercial team with every aspect of senior client relations
* Manage senior client relationships once business is secured to ensure long-term profitability and growth
* Develop and implement commercial strategies according to company goals and objectives aiming to accelerate growth
* Conduct market analysis to create detailed strategic business plans on commercial opportunities (expansion, business development etc.)
* Understand the requirements of existing customers to ensure their needs are being met
* Act to acquire new customers and manage client relationships (new and existing)
* Collaborate with and coordinate diverse teams (marketing, sales, customer service etc.)
* Build and maintain profitable partnerships with key stakeholders
* Monitor performance of commercial activities using key metrics and prepare reports for senior management
* Assist in setting financial targets and budget development and monitoring
The Ideal Candidate
* Proven experience within a senior-level commercial role within the Irish Logistics industry with strong knowledge of the European Transport product
* Excellent network within the multi sector 3PL/4PL contract logistics across warehousing and transport sector
* Proven experience managing relationships with key clients
* In-depth understanding of market research methods and analysis
* Solid knowledge of performance reporting and financial/budgeting processes
* Commercial awareness partnered with a strategic mindset
* Excellent organizational and leadership skills
* Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
* Proficiency in MS Office and CRM software (e.g., Salesforce)
* Graduate in business administration, finance, or relevant field; MSc/MA advantageous
In return our client is offering a competitive salary and a flexible bonus and benefits package plus the potential for equity.
Interested? If so, to start the confidential process, please submit your CV quoting reference LX 1138147 Telephone 01905 381320
CHEMICAL PROCESS ENGINEER
£Very Competitive Dependent on Experience) Bonus Benefits Relocation Assistance
"Fantastic career development opportunity for degree educated Chemical Engineer"
Location: East Lothian, Scotland
Commutable from Edinburgh, Berwick upon Tweed, Dunbar, North Berwick, Haddington, East Linton, Musselburgh, South Queensferry, Livingston, Dalkeith, Bonnyrigg, Bathgate, Relocation assistance may be available.
This is an exciting career development opportunity for a degree educated and ambitious Chemical Engineer to join the plant optimisation team of a UK market leader.
Working closely with production, maintenance, project and environmental management colleagues, you will focus on plant performance to enable the plant to achieve its Health Safety Environment and Quality (HSEQ) and performance objectives. The main elements of the role are to:
- Maintain high safety standards and effectively coach and challenge others to work safely.
- Monitor key process parameters, identify actions and define instructions to deal with deviations from targets.
- Conduct day to day and longer term investigations to improve performance and optimise plant operations.
- Implement systems, tools and procedures to optimise the production process.
- Support, and where appropriate lead, multidisciplinary teams, projects, Plant Improvement Plans (PIP) and other initiatives to meet business targets.
- Build and maintain positive relations with other teams to achieve the plant's goals
The Ideal Applicant:
- Degree or equivalent in Chemical Engineering or related subject
- IOSH qualification or willing to work towards.
- IChemE associated - working towards or willing to attain chartered engineer status
- At least 2-3 years minimum proven experience in chemical process engineering and plant performance improvement. Cement production industry experience would be highly advantageous.
- Strong IT skills, proficient in the use of Pi and MS office packages
- Environmental awareness in relation to developing a positive impact on the business.
- Strong knowledge of the physico-chemical products.
- Good knowledge of process control methods and statistical methods for troubleshooting.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Competent to assist the development of production operators to enhance the effectiveness of the process.
- High safety standards and a wide knowledge of Health and Safety management techniques (e.g. Risk Assessments).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Persuasion and influencing skills
Our client offers excellent development and the opportunity to make a real difference in a business that really values its people. Relocation assistance will also be considered.
To apply without delay, please email your CV for quoting reference LX 865409