3 North West (inc. Isle of Man) Jobs Found
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
EUROPEAN P2P/PROCURE TO PAY PROCUREMENT OPERATIONS MANAGER
“Excellent opportunity for graduate calibre SAP eProcurement specialist to develop a high performing team to drive P2P process improvement and best practice.”
£Competitive Excellent Benefits
Location: North West (with UK and Mainland European travel)
Commutable from Ellesmere Port, Mold, Wrexham, Birkenhead, Wallasey, Chester, Warrington, Runcorn, Widnes, Liverpool, Crewe, Knutsford, Macclesfield, Greater Manchester, Wigan, Newton le Willows, Leigh, Heywood, Skelmersdale.
Our client is a global multinational undergoing a period of transformation and change.
As part of a strategic transformation of the procurement function moving to a shared service and category management model across its global operating units, our client seeks to strengthen its team with the appointment of an ambitious, university degree educated SAP P2P/Procure to Pay Procurement Operations Manager.
Specifically, our client would like to significantly enhance its procurement capabilities and visibility, control and management of procurement spend through greater utilisation of its SAP and SAP P2P procurement technology. The focus will be on delivering efficiencies, centralised billing, market analysis, price checking, spend analytics and reporting, transparency and control, strategic cost management ultimately delivering maximised value and improved financial performance for the organisation.
As European SAP P2P/Procure to Pay Procurement Operations Manager you will be responsible for People Management, Process Ownership and Stakeholder Engagement. Accordingly, you will be expected to travel to work with your team and stakeholders located at two sites in the UK and two sites in mainland Europe.
As SAP P2P/Procurement Operations Manager your role will be to:
- Lead a team of P2P Procurement Coordinators located in the UK and mainland Europe.
- Shape and sustain an effective and motivated team that delivers desired results (KPIs, internal customer satisfaction) by providing direction, coaching and developing team members, leveraging individual abilities and ensuring best practices are utilized.
- Coach your team to influence internal stakeholders to ensure that contracted suppliers are utilised wherever possible to ensure global efficiency.
As a Process Owner:
- Lead the initiation and delivery of transactional procurement activities within an international remit and constraints.
- You and your team will provide SAP P2P Procurement initiation across all categories of spend.
- Create and maintain SAP P2P Procurement procedures to ensure process excellence and standardisation.
- You will drive consistency and best practice across all European P2P locations.
- Through your team act provide first level support to internal operations in relation to supplier performance, working closely with Senior Buyers and Category Management to drive improvements.
- Manage and present performance indicators in internal operational reviews, analyse data & trends, implement continuous improvement.
As a Business Partner, working with key stakeholders and suppliers you will:
- Build and maintain a fluent relationship with key stakeholders such as Procurement and Category Management, IT, Plant managers, Governance and Control, to make sure that you understand their needs and work together to identify operating issues/non-efficiencies.
- Proactively assist with the ongoing roll out and management of Card Payments and other automation projects to reduce the number of SAP P2P transactions whilst also improving SAP P2P approval flows.
- Proactively contribute to the ongoing development of SAP P2P Procurement functional capabilities, ensuring sustainable value delivery and continual improvement of procurement effectiveness and efficiency.
- Interact with Senior Executives/Leadership teams to share performance updates, identified risks, issues or concerns, and helping drive best practices.
To be successful in this role you will need to possess:
- A university degree from a UK or European University. A Masters level would be highly advantageous.
- Plus CIPS qualification (minimum level 4) or equivalent.
- Previous experienced team leadership experience gained within a SAP P2P/Procure to Pay or Procurement or Finance Shared Services environment.
- A track record of mentoring, coaching, motivation and development of a SAP P2P procurement/finance shared services team.
- Experience of working across global operations or multi-site environments and a keen sense of cultural awareness.
- Excellent knowledge of SAP P2P gained from a procurement perspective.
- Extensive knowledge of procurement in a Buyer or Category or Purchasing role.
- A proven track record in value delivery, improvement activity and best practice development in SAP P2P Procurement processes.
- Outstanding capabilities in building relationships internally and externally to enable you to be successful in your role and to contribute to the development of our client as a world-class procurement organisation
- A thirst for knowledge, an inquisitive mind-set and drive for results.
- Resilience, energy and willingness to travel nationally and into Europe in order to engage with your team and key stakeholders in your quest to drive and deliver SAP P2P Procurement Process Excellence.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
To apply without delay, please email your CV, quoting reference J13613.
NORTHERN REGION SPECIFICATION SALES MANAGER
c£40 - 45000 upto 30% bonus Car/Allowance Benefits
Location: North West
Commutable from Manchester, Stockport, Cheshire, Lancashire, Liverpool, Cumbria
Our client is a market leader in the supply of access and physical security solutions to the industrial and commercial sector including hotels, hospitals/care homes, university student accommodation, commercial and residential developments, factories, distribution centres, high rise buildings, swimming pools, airports, shopping centres, interior design and fit out sector working with architects, specifiers and main contractors.
This is a newly created position to support our client's growth plans for its range of products and solutions in the UK industrial and commercial specification sales market. They wish to increase their coverage and brand recognition in the North West, North England and Scottish Borders with the appointment of a regionally located Specification Sales Manager including a Northern Region Specification Sales Manager to cover the Northern England and Scottish Borders region.
The role will be focused on new business development, key account and project management promoting our client’s full range of security and access solutions to architects and specifiers concerned with long term strategic projects in relation to multiyear design and construction development projects. Your background therefore will be in specification sales, building relationships with architects, main and sub-contractors, including technical discussions concerning the product, its design and installation. You will have a strong established network of contacts in the construction sector in physical security, access solutions, dry lining, roofing or similar construction components.
- Based from a home office, and reporting to the Sales Director, you will foster and promote sales throughout the North West and Northern Regions.
- Call on current and prospective customers, architects or engineers to explain the advantages of our client’s products and capabilities. Assist in defining project requirements, influencing the preparation of specifications or matching products with existing specifications. Communicate our client’s value proposition in comparison with other similar competitor products in the marketplace.
- Analyse major construction job requirements for special or unique applications and provide technical input to arrive at an engineered solution. Use sketches, drawings and calculations to focus on requirements, and provide best options. Work as liaison between the customer and our client’s Head Office to expedite or resolve final design requirements.
- Maintain tracking system and follow up all calls and enquiries to ensure orders are closed. Analyse any problems presented by the customer, develop solutions and assist in resolving concerns.
- Work closely with design and technical teams to develop strategic pricing for major contracts and partnering agreements when required.
- Maintain effective, ongoing relationship with repeat and key account customers whether concerned with short term or long term strategic projects.
- Monitor competitor activity and market trends within the territory for both short term wins as well as long term strategic projects.
- Participate in identifying new markets or new needs for existing products, and new market needs for new products. Participate in the development of specific sales strategies to increase sales of individual products / product lines.
- Prepare and present PowerPoint or other presentations at CPD roadshow events, seminars, or conferences to communicate the advantages of our client’s products.
The Ideal Candidate:
- University degree/graduate calibre education or similar required, e.g. BSc, HND, HNC.
- Currently undertaking a similar field based Specification Sales, hunting and consultative selling role within construction products e.g. roofing, doors, physical security, access solutions, dry lining or similar in the North West region. Experience of other architectural products will be considered.
- Will have extensive knowledge of the construction sector and will possess an established network of contacts within the North West and Northern regions for both long term and short term projects.
- Experience must include drafting of specifications and building relationships with architects, main contractors and engineers including CPD presentations and technical discussions.
- Confident and articulate, with good written and verbal communication skills at both architect, engineer and site levels.
- Ability to manage all projects through from enquiry to installation, maintaining contact at all stages.
- Detail oriented and familiar with CRM systems.
- Familiar with construction site visits to undertake inspections and develop relationships and knowledge within the territory.
- Computer literate including Excel, Powerpoint and CRM systems.
FIELD SALES ENGINEER - FABRICATED MANUFACTURING & PROCESSING EQUIPMENT
“Fantastic career development opportunity for time served/graduate Design Engineer, seeking career development into a larger client facing and project management role whilst still retaining design engineering responsibility.”
Salary: £40-45000 (OTE £60000) Car/Allowance Benefits
Location: Telford, Shropshire (Field Based – Home & Office Based Remit)
Our client is a privately owned engineering and fabrication business specialising in the design of all types of fabricated products for manufacturing and processing equipment, predominantly for the food sector. It has enjoyed impressive growth to date with 2019 being particularly outstanding. As a result, and as part of their ambitious expansion plans, they now seek to appoint a Field Sales Engineer to join their client facing and design team.
Our client prides itself on its responsiveness and its ability to develop bespoke solutions to meet its customers’ needs, including design and on-site installation.
It achieves its high level of customer satisfaction through the direction of the Managing Director, who frequently meets with customers to identify their requirements, conceptualise solutions, communicate with the design team and prepare quotations spending time on site where relevant to ensure a smooth execution.
Customers appreciate this level of service and attention to detail and this is reflected in the firm’s profitability. Our client now wishes to leverage this high service cornerstone to further expand the business to capitalise on the increasing number of opportunities which are being presented.
As Field Sales Engineer you will act as an ambassador and force multiplier – to allow more jobs to be facilitated without a reduction in customer service, whilst at the same time fostering excellent key account relationships to create additional work for both bespoke design and value added, after care services.
As Field Sales Engineer you will be a self-motivated, results orientated sales professional with a strong technical design engineering aptitude and excellent communication skills together with a passion and drive to succeed commercially.
You will develop new sales opportunities and will optimise existing accounts ensuring that our client is providing the ultimate service to customers. This requires a Field Sales Engineer with a fabrication background. Someone who understands design and mechanical engineering and is able to work with CAD (Solidworks). Essentially someone who is able to consultatively elicit a customer’s requirements, decipher what needs to be done and can expertly and promptly develop and relay a solution to the customer and all stakeholders within the process from concept to manufacture to installation.
- Working alongside the design team, you will be responsible for the translation of customer requirements from “concept to completion” design of a range of bespoke fabricated solutions, predominantly but not exclusively, food manufacturing and processing equipment.
- This will include commercial discussions regarding pricing and scheduling of design projects.
- You will also own the customer and key account relationship working with client Engineering and Manufacturing teams whilst also supporting your internal colleagues within the Fabrication and Installation teams to provide high levels of customer service. This may include, where appropriate, attendance on site during field installations. This may require unsocial hours working, which would be shared with the MD.
- You will be confident and adept at producing 2d and 3d designs using traditional engineering design drawing methodology, measurements and calculations whilst also being proficient in the use of software such as Solidworks. Experience with the sheet metal Plug-In for Solidworks would be advantageous.
- This will include design for manufacture, developing new drawings whilst also modifying existing drawings to support customer growth and requirements as part of the ongoing after care and key account management process.
- You will carry out physical measurement and testing to prove design concepts, carrying out cost reduction exercises through redesign to reduce cost and manufacturing time whilst ensuring ultimate excellence in design to meet client requirements.
The Ideal Candidate:
- A time served Modern Apprentice/degree educated Mechanical Design Engineer.
- Proven track record in fabricated metalwork design and workshop-based Engineering.
- Experience of purpose-built food manufacturing or processing equipment would be particularly advantageous.
- Existing experience of client interface as part of the design process, visiting customer sites, undertaking a consultative process of understanding client requirements.
- Strong commercial acumen, great attention to detail and excellent presentation skills.
- Have a good understanding of manufacturing processes such as CNC & laser cutting.
- Able to understand a product brief and to design a practical and cost-effective solution.
- Ability to create a method of manufacture and internal drawings
- Ability to liaise with customers and suppliers to solve technical issues
- Experienced in liaising with Operations and the Shop Floor to solve technical/production issues.
- A strong team player, able to work cross functionally with colleagues and clients.
- Comfortable being hands on and involved in the day to day operations as well as key account management and new business sales.
- Available to travel throughout the Midlands and the wider country to oversee installations. This may require unsocial hours to fit in around manufacturing operations. This would be shared with the MD.
- This role is located in Telford so ideal applicants will live within 1 hour maximum of the office.
In return our client offers a very competitive salary and benefits package including company car/allowance, generous bonus scheme and the opportunity to play a part in the ongoing and dynamic growth of a fabulous company.