- Permanent (4)
4 Yorkshire (inc Humberside) Jobs Found
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
ASPHALT TECHNICAL PRODUCT SUPPORT MANAGER
“Experienced Asphalt technical or Asphalt operations professional to identify and drive key account specification sales led business opportunities within value added and specialist asphalt technical product sales. Must have experience of delivering CPD presentations to Architects, Main Contractors and Specifiers”
C£40-45000 + Car/Allowance, Bonus & Benefits
Newcastle Upon Tyne (Northern Field Based Remit)
Commutable Locations: Tyne & Wear, Durham, North Yorkshire, Stockton on Tees, Northumberland
Our client is a multisite division of a large and well-respected FTSE 100 international group specialising in construction materials. Due to impending retirement our client is now seeking an Asphalt Technical Product Support Manager. This is an interesting and varied role covering the Northern/North East region of the UK.
As Asphalt Technical Product Support Manager, you will work closely with commercial teams to identify opportunities for business growth and upselling of non-standard valued added and special asphalt products. Therefore, you must have at least 3-4 years asphalt technical experience gained in a design, operations or technical role. This will be very important as you will be communicating and building relationships with asphalt technical personnel both internally and externally about specifications, additives, planning, production and asphalt technicians on site.
You will also possess the confident personality and drive to build relationships and undertake CPD presentations to architects, local authorities, specifiers, main contractors. Internally you will be responsible for training commercial colleagues both within internal and external sales whilst also being responsible for coordinating production including asphalt plant capability, commercial and logistics. You will also be involved in new production innovation to meet customer requirements. So effectively you will operate as a key account manager and a technical product specialist. Experience of different types of bitumen, additives and polymers would be advantageous but training will be provided however core asphalt technical knowledge as a foundation skill set, as outlined above, will be a prerequisite.
- To maximise Asphalt Value Added Product sales through identification of opportunities and technical upselling of the key benefits which asphalt value added products can deliver.
- A key customer support role within the Northern/North East Region, focussing on developing Local Authority and Main/Key Contractor relationships leading to promotion of primarily Asphalt Solutions/Value Added Products via CPD presentations, regular meetings, contract reviews, site assessments, material selection, specification and pavement design input.
- To participate in the national technical approach / ‘technical sell’ to external specifiers, architects, contractors and local authorities to ensure Asphalt Value Added Products/Innovation become accepted for use and are ideally specified.
- To differentiate our client from its competition by providing a unique level of service/support in terms of specification writing, product selection and sustainability advice.
- Intelligent focussed Asphalt Value Added Product promotion based on national and local targets with based on projected profit / return at specific supply units.
- Increased volumes / wallet share from Local Authorities by becoming a supplier of choice.
- Attending Commercial meetings and identifying and supporting associated opportunities. Identifying slow moving Asphalt Value Added Products and contributing to creating action plans to improve sales.
- To participate in the practical development of new products and facilitation of any related trials
- To ensure successful launch of new products within the Region and thereafter support and monitor longer term sales progress.
- To support commercial in the review, support and assessment of Accredited Contractors, including advice and control of the use of our client’s Value-Added Products.
- Contribute to Marketing and Client Communication newsletters
- Promote our client’s Asphalt Value Added Products at industry conferences and events
- Leading key commercial training requirements i.e. Role to selected product range.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Currently working within construction materials sector and specifically with Asphalt/Bitumen products.
- Asphalt technical knowledge including asphalt technical operations will be a prerequisite for this role.
- Must have at least 3-4 years Asphalt technical experience gained in a design, operations or technical role.
- Examples of qualified experience may include asphalt plant management, asphalt quality control, asphalt quality approval and inspection, paving and construction operations, asphalt technical services and field support or other relevant asphalt paving design experience.
- Experience as an asphalt additive or asphalt speciality product field support or technical sales role would also be very relevant.
- Ability to perform and understand asphalt volumetric mix design and quality control processes, specifications ideal.
- Working familiarity with asphalt plant operation, controls, automation and mechanisms.
- Able to communicate effectively with asphalt production, operation and construction crews and colleagues.
- Ability to perform under pressure to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Confident personality and drive to build long term sustainable B2B relationships and undertake CPD presentations to architects, local authorities, specifiers, main contractors.
- Experience of different types of bitumen and additives and polymers would be advantageous.
- First-hand experience of operational technical duties, preferably including site operations.
- Previous experience of dealing with customer issues and preferably with existing established Local Authority contacts / relationships.
- Demonstrate strong commercial acumen and a personal hunger and drive to succeed.
- Working knowledge of Quality Assurance systems and procedures.
- Knowledge of pavement design concepts and issues.
- Planning, organising and time management skills.
- Good ability to communicate with customers and colleagues. Collaborative and consultative style.
- Computer literate especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent longer-term career development opportunities with our multinational client into broader sales roles or into research and development, pavement design or QC.
To apply without delay, please email your CV quoting reference J13627.
PLANT GENERAL MANAGER
“Excellent transformational change management role for Chemical Engineer/Engineering professional with track record of people development, engagement and continuous improvement in an Industrial Processing Environment.”
C£Very Competitive + Car Allowance, Bonus & Benefits & Relocation Assistance
Commutable Locations: Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Staffordshire, Derbyshire, Cheshire, Yorkshire, West Midlands, Shropshire, Greater Manchester, Humberside
Our client is a global market leader within the industrial processing sector and operates a number of plants in the UK.
Due to dynamic growth our client is now seeking an Engineering degree educated Plant General Manager to take the lead at three strategic sites located. Candidates currently working within the heavy engineering/industrial processing industries would be particularly interesting.
This is a high-profile leadership role, focused on ensuring continuous improvement of health and safety and operational efficiency. You will manage a highly experienced and loyal team, further developing and instilling a zero-harm culture, and the technical competencies and behaviours required to achieve and sustain world class standards for the manufacture of our client’s product which is exported globally and utilised for a wide range of industry applications.
The successful candidate will therefore demonstrate a high profile and visible leadership style, and a track record of transformational change management and people development, engagement and motivation against a backdrop of a “best in class”, operational development programme. Ideally this experience will have been gained within a blue-chip multinational environment renowned for its world class/leading edge standards in terms of operational performance, people development, change management and leadership - an "employer of choice".
The ideal applicant will possess current and previous site leadership and manufacturing operational management experience gained within a fast-moving, lean processing, high customer service focused heavy engineering/industrial processing environment will be a prerequisite. The sites are unionised so excellent, well-honed ER skills are essential.
The primary purpose of the roles is to be responsible for optimizing labour; safety on site; material and equipment resources to maximize production capability and meet customer expectations with excellent quality and service. We are seeking people with experience of turnaround/transformation, people development, technical skills transfer, retention and management as part of a talent development and succession planning programme, continuously improving and developing such operations as the sites take on increased customer volumes both in the UK and in the export market.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Must be University degree educated in Engineering – Chemical Engineering would be particularly advantageous.
- Consistent career history in blue chip multinational environments
- High profile leadership experience in a Plant/Site Operations. Worked at Plant/Factory Manager Level.
- Track record of people development, technical skills transfer, retention and management, employee engagement, change and continuous improvement leading to best in class OEE and safety standards
- Experience in Project Management, business and systems analysis highly advantageous but people management, development and succession planning within a long established and highly skilled processing environment will be critical to success.
- Plant, Site or Factory multi functional operations leadership experience must have been gained within heavy industrial processing sector
- Experienced Lean or Continuous Improvement champion with track record of excellent team development and engagement to deliver continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated experience of cross functional and multi-level interaction and working in a matrix organization.
- Ideally experience of working within high volume / target driven manufacturing environment.
- Led & achieved results in UK or pan-European, multi-single site, managing cross functionally within blue-collar sites.
- Experience of leading and managing employee relations at a senior level through continuous improvement within best in class operations.
- Proven skills and capabilities in leadership, communication, capability, collaboration and problem solving.
- Excellent experience of the Budgeting process and CAPEX business case approval process.
- Project Management qualification highly advantageous.
- Knowledge and use of Lean/Six Sigma.
- PC Literate. Particularly strong Excel skills.
- Resilient, driven, results focused personality - a high achiever.
SHIFT PRODUCTION MANAGER
C£40000 + Shift Allowance c£7000 + Bonus & Benefits & Relocation Assistance
Our client is a market leader.
Our client is a seeking an experienced engineering graduate for a Shift Production Manager role. The site is currently focused on transformation including equipment upgrade to streamline processes, improve cost effectiveness and efficiency in order to meet rising volumes/throughput.
The successful candidate will therefore demonstrate a visible “hands on” leadership style, a competitive edge and a drive for continuous operational performance improvement. You will be an excellent communicator. Previous involvement in change management, people development, engagement and motivation against a backdrop of a “best in class”, site development programme will be critical to success in this role.
Candidates must be adept at working to strict KPI’s for health & safety, environmental excellence and of course high-quality production output. You will be a role model for the promotion of safety awareness, promptly addressing safety concerns and performing regular safety inspections of equipment and the site. Strategic planning and budget preparation experience as part of the site management team will be essential. Ideally this experience will have been gained within the cement, aggregates, building materials sector. Your experience will be characterised by world class/leading edge standards in terms of operational performance, people development, change management and leadership - an "employer of choice".
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the primary purpose of the role is to be responsible for optimizing labour; safety on site; material and equipment resources to maximize production capability and meet customer expectations with excellent quality and service. You will set and deliver growth by developing the team and achieving best in class standards. Working cross functionally with technical, maintenance, process optimisation, quality, EHS and purchasing/materials colleagues, you will monitor production forecasts and schedules to manage capacity to ensure production requirements and deadlines are achieved. You will review and analyse production and operational reports and trending to determine causes of non-conformity with product specifications and operating or production problems. You will also revise production schedules and priorities as a result of equipment failure or operating problems; generate production reports for equipment utilisation and history. You will develop and implement operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate problems, improve product quality and productivity. Accordingly, you will consult with technical and maintenance in relation to modification of machines and equipment in order to accomplish these objectives.
You will also develop short- and long-term plans to successfully manage production volume changes. This will require an ability to set KPI’s and ensure teamwork to meet targets. Therefore, you must be highly numerate and commercially aware with the capability to interpret and translate financial data and forecast costs into realistic and achievable plans.
Furthermore, you will maintain a framework of improvement activity to support the implementation of cost reduction initiatives and the elimination of non-value-added production activities. Most importantly you will develop a culture of quality and health & safety first, ensuring a Right First Time standard, consistently challenging non-conformance and ensuring counter measures are agreed and implemented.
As an excellent people developer, you will manage team performance via regular performance reviews, training, coaching and mentoring line managers whilst also recognising potential with a view to succession planning. We are seeking people with experience of turnaround/transformation, continuously improving and developing such operations as the site takes on increased customer volumes.
The Ideal Applicant:
The successful applicant will possess an undergraduate degree in Engineering or Chemical Engineering or similar, possibly supplemented with a Masters. Current and previous cement production operations management experience gained within a fast-paced lean processing; high customer service focused environment will be a prerequisite. NEBOSH Certificate and IOSH Managing Safely are essential. Well-honed ER skills are very important. Process driven and results orientated with a positive and realistic outlook and a clear focus on high quality, safety, and the bottom line. Candidates will also be natural strategic planners able to critically evaluate their operation and their own performance. Exceptional cross functional relationship skills both on site and with corporate HQ colleagues will be a prerequisite. Candidates will be highly ambitious, resilient and results focused. Career prospects are fantastic for candidates who are instrumental in delivering transformational change and improvement at this strategic site.
Our client offers a highly competitive base salary plus shift allowance and benefits package including bonus and relocation assistance.
To apply, without delay, please email your CV quoting reference J13603.
UK CATEGORY MANAGER – ENGINEERING, SPARE PARTS, MRO, INDUSTRIAL LABOUR, PACKAGING - TEST
C£45-50000 + Car, Bonus & Benefits
Location: Yorkshire with national remit
Our client is a global company with leading positions in many of its markets. The company provides high quality products and services to customers in more than 50 countries around the world. In the UK it now employs 50,000 employees worldwide.
In the UK it generates £multi million annual sales and has a supply network with over 400 operating locations. Our client is a dynamic organisation focused on results.
As a result of a European procurement transformation programme and restructure of the procurement function our client is seeking a degree educated, part/fully qualified CIPS Category Manager to take the lead with its Engineering Goods and Services category which includes Engineering MRO, low cost country sourced machined spare parts, packaging, IT, industrial labour including electrical and mechanical craft personnel, fabricators and welders.
As Sourcing and Procurement Category Manager you will develop and implement assigned sourcing and category strategies in the UK business unit and potentially some pan European business units. Experience of Engineering, MRO, industrial labour categories and low-cost country sourcing of machined/engineered spare parts will be critical to success. You will also be responsible for supplier performance, relationship and contract management. Your focus will be to deliver the best available commercial option, from a quality, financial, sustainable and risk perspective. Your key stakeholders will be engineering, manufacturing business units and pan European procurement at all levels.
- Identify current and new vendors for given categories/ sourcing projects and monitor market trends.
- Closely collaborate with local and global procurement teams and all relevant internal European stakeholders in order to deliver the most suitable and sustainable product/ service in each requirement instance.
- Source given requirements in compliance with our client’s procurement methodology, prepare fully evaluated business cases for all negotiations, share and agree with the business and review with your line manager, the European Category Manager.
- Regular engagement with key engineering and operational stakeholders to ensure that procurement and operational strategies are aligned.
- Provide commercial support to internal engineering and operational stakeholders to ensure that the best commercial position is achieved within global and local procurement governance frameworks.
- Ensure operational engagement and early procurement involvement in the value chain ensuring compliance and adherence to commercial targets.
- Manage sustainable supply of engineering parts/MRO whilst minimising inventory and commercial risk.
- Creatively explore different approaches in negotiation agreements to achieve greatest cost benefit for our client.
- Ensure as part of the sourcing strategy, that low cost alternative operations are presented and considered as part of the evaluation.
- Continuously evaluate, identify and present new tangible cost saving opportunities.
- Monitor economic and market trends in analyse, evaluate the impact of commodity prices and their effects over current and future sourcing strategies.
- Continuously seek the best options, challenging the status quo where needed/ applicable.
- Support the European Category Manager as and when needed with reporting data relevant to the European strategy decision making process.
- Deliver measurable improvements in terms of cost savings in line with agreed savings targets to improve business profitability.
- Prepare and execute, in coordination with the Legal team, the legal documentation to support the negotiations.
- Monitor expiry dates of contracts to assure correct renewal or open new source process if needed.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and operation of vendor management strategy for all suppliers under management in your defined portfolio.
- Responsible for the management of a high value supplier portfolio of goods and services, including supplier management, negotiations and contract compliance in line with corporate strategy.
- Management of SAP agreements and tools to ensure Operations can purchase the agreed Goods and Services.
- Monitor vendor performance, provide the team and stakeholders with the appropriate feedback to anticipate any risks, difficulties or opportunities.
- Attends relevant Operational meetings to ensure Procurement and Operations are aligned and Procurement maintains high services levels to Operations.
The Ideal Candidate:
- University Degree educated
- Part or Fully Qualified CIPS/European Procurement Diploma or willing to study.
- Experience of the following categories: Engineering, MRO, Low Cost Country sourced machined/engineered parts, Industrial and Temporary Engineering labour including Mechanical, Electrical Craft personnel, Fabricators, Welders or similar, Packaging, IT.
- At least five years’ experience in a Buyer, Sourcing, Procurement or Category Management role within a multinational manufacturer within the FMCG, industrial, automotive, chemicals, construction materials or engineering sector.
- Experience of developing and deploying national category/procurement strategies cross functionally at regional and business unit level.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and persuasion skills familiar with operating within a UK and pan European matrix corporate structure. Able to constructively challenge. Diplomatic, professional, credible and mature approach.
- An excellent negotiator, problem solver and collaborative team player. Commercial experience of advanced negotiations with senior stakeholders to deliver value objectives.
- Strong track record of category/procurement efficiency improvement opportunities across processes, compliance, transactions, KPI’s.
- Commercially astute, with experience of assessing external supply markets and skilled in translating opportunities into long term strategies.
- Ability to analyse and interpret data, with strong financial /commercial focus whilst maintaining the “big picture” view.
- Ability to lead, persuade and influence internal and external partners through a period of change, managing transformation tactically, operationally and strategically.
- Experience of SAP. Intermediate to advanced Excel skills and strong capability in Powerpoint.
- Ambitious with potential and desire to progress further within the European procurement function.
- A second European language would be highly advantageous.