Martin Veasey Talent Solutions has specialised in the supply chain and logistics sectors for over thirty-five years. We have worked with some of the world’s leading organisations recruiting for positions on virtually every continent.
The supply chain is fundamental to virtually every business irrespective of industry sector. Rapidly increasing globalisation and greater utilisation of e-technologies has increased the pressure placed upon organisations to achieve high levels of customer service whilst reducing overall costs.
As customer expectations increase the need to identify, create and develop a comprehensive end to end approach to the supply chain has intensified. The role of supply chain specialist in this is crucial to achieving a long-lasting competitive edge.
Our approach is to evaluate the core personality traits and transferable competencies that will make a positive impact on the requirements of today’s supply chain, as well as those of the future.
- Sales and Demand Forecasting & Planning S & OP
- Capacity, Production Planning & Scheduling
- Purchasing and Supply Management
- Materials & Inventory Management
- Customer Supply Planning
- eCommerce & eFulfilment
- Last Mile Solutions
- Logistics, Warehousing, Transport & Distribution
- Freight Forwarding and Shipping, Import and Export
- Outsourced Logistics Solutions & Value-Added Services
- Logistics Business Development, Sales, Key Account Management & Solutions Design
- Inter & Multi-modal logistics including Rail & Sea Freight
- Strategic Planning & Development
- Logistics and Supply Chain Consultancy & Project Management
- Transport and Logistics Planning and Analysis
- Third Party Contract Logistics Services
We have recruited extensively in a range of supply chain and logistics roles. Find out more about working with Martin Veasey Talent Solutions here.
In addition to recruitment solutions, we offer a range of HR & Talent Management services, including:
INTERNATIONAL/EXPATRIATE ROLE – HEAD OF LOGISTICS SOLUTIONS DESIGN – THIRD PARTY CONTRACT LOGISTICS
“Very innovative Warehouse and Transport Solutions Design specialist with experience of Robotic Process Automation and similar technologies required to lead, coach and develop country solutions design team.”
£Excellent + Bonus + Benefits & Relocation Assistance
South East Asia – Full Relocation Assistance Available
Our client is a global multinational. A true market leader, they have a strong culture of safety, customer focus, quality and reliability.
Highly successful and long-established with industrial expertise across a number of verticals, our client has a global network of operations and integrated state-of-the-art information technology across warehousing and transport.
As result of dynamic growth our client is seeking a very innovative, degree educated, Head of Solutions Design with “hands on” warehouse and transport solutions design experience to lead, coach and develop its country solutions design team.
We are seeking individuals with experience of various types of warehousing and storage including robotic process automation, automatic storage and retrieval systems, transport network design including fleet design, track and trace and route optimisation.
- Managing a team of Solutions Managers and Analysts, you will support the country Business Development and Implementation teams in developing innovative, cost effective and profitable logistics and supply chain solutions for new and existing multinational and regional clients.
- Through strategic consulting assignments, you will work at both operational and Board level to identify business issues focused on process improvement and cost effectiveness; propose value adding and innovative solutions and subsequently manage the delivery of projects.
- This will entail analysis of existing inhouse and customer operations and the subsequent design of proposals, managing resource and cross functional teams during implementation, planning and solutions delivery. In addition, you will develop the supply chain solutions design strategy and manage the departmental budget.
- As Head of Solutions Design your role will be broad - data analyst, strategist, salesperson, key account manager, material handling consultant, warehousing and transport network subject matter expert, supply chain and logistics systems specialist, management accountant, facilitator, leader, mentor, coach and project manager.
- You will possess extensive warehousing and transport solutions design, planning, projects, consultancy, value chain engineering and productivity improvement expertise. You will be highly proficient in liaising, presenting and working at Board level both internally and externally with key multinational client accounts.
- You will direct and manage your team in multiple implementation and re-engineering projects enabling cost and service improvements whilst at the same time managing teams involved in new operational start-ups.
The Ideal Applicant:
- The ideal applicant will be educated to degree/post graduate level and will possess a substantial and demonstrative track record of successful project delivery gained within a third-party contract logistics solutions design/projects environment.
- We are inviting applications from either highly accomplished professionals seeking to consolidate and apply their solutions design, leadership and coaching experience in a new and challenging growth environment or alternatively someone with at least 5-8 years fast track operational and solutions design experience who wishes to further develop their managerial experience by heading up and grow a team of solutions design specialists.
- Experience of transport planning, supply chain optimisation and warehouse design tools as well as formal project management capabilities will be a prerequisite. Experience of managing multi-disciplined teams is essential.
- It is imperative that you will be possess a portfolio of successful projects completed across, for example, retail and FMCG, industrial, technology or pharmaceutical verticals.
- Most importantly you will also have a demonstrable track record of success in coaching and developing a team of Solutions Design Analysts and Managers, ensuring a consistent, best in class approach.
- Previous international solutions design and solutions design and implementation project team leadership would be extremely advantageous as would cultural experience of visiting South East Asia on business or vacation.
Please note: This is an expatriate career development role on a permanent local contract and therefore you will be required to relocate to a country in South East Asia (shortlisted candidates will be advised of the precise location at the outset of the recruitment process) to be based there full time. Our client will provide full relocation assistance. Our client offers a very competitive salary and benefits package including bonus and private healthcare. Please note however that although housing allowance may be provided, school fees are not provided as part of the package.
HEAD OF TRANSPORT PLANNING – PARAGON SPECIALIST
“Excellent opportunity for experienced and graduate calibre transport network planning & Paragon transport systems specialist to lead brand new transport management centre”
£Excellent + Blue Chip Benefits
South East Asia
Our client is global market leader. As part of an Asia Pac transformation programme to improve and drive transport network synergies, centralised planning, visibility and control, our client is seeking a Head of Transport Planning who is also a very experienced Paragon transport planning systems specialist.
As Head of Transport Planning you will lead and manage a new centralised Transport Planning Management Centre, planning our client’s very large-scale, 1500 vehicle + fleet. This will include planning inhouse full load networks, LCL networks and scheduling of a large pool of national sub-contractor transport partners. This is expected to grow further as part of an ambitious strategic plan. You and your team will support multiple sites and operations serving customers nationally. You will lead a team of Planning Managers and Planners.
The ideal applicant will be of graduate calibre, in logistics, engineering or business and a strategic thinker with excellent change programme management experience. Your career history will be characterised by fast track career progression and demonstrable achievements in transport planning excellence. Most importantly, you will possess in-depth and consistent experience of large-scale in house and sub contract fleet planning and management across multiple locations, gained within a multinational high velocity Retail or FMCG or third-party logistics environment.
This is high profile and senior customer facing role and you will play a key role in understanding and fulfilling customer transport network requirements. You will be diplomatic and confident with the experience and credibility to successfully question and extract information and constructively challenge your internal and external stakeholders and your operational colleagues.
You will be logical and data driven in understanding problems and developing practical solutions. This will include setting KPI’s, targets and goals for monitoring and evaluating operations and cost effectiveness. You will also drive and control the effective use of resources in order to stay within budget.
You will ensure statutory and legal compliance developing a culture focused on safety, quality, service excellence, integrity and cost consciousness.
- Leading the Planning Team at a new Transport Management Center.
- Using Paragon Software, you will plan and design optimised schedules creating the greatest value for our client and its customers.
- Interpret data, understand complex demand planning and create optimal transport solutions across multiple customers, business divisions and operational locations.
- Create meaningful business intelligence reports for Transport Directors and create continual improvement solutions.
- Developing strategies and use state of the art systems to optimize fleet and create innovative transport solutions for multiple business sector.
- Manage planning, solutions, costs and reporting. Create planning schedules that achieve contractual service and performance levels and continue to improve transport models to beat the budgets and develop innovation.
- Deliver operational strategies using Paragon transport planning software.
- Reviews and updates KPIs, targets, and goals within Paragon for monitoring and evaluating operations and cost effectiveness.
- Develop Paragon transport software Super Users and upskilling the planning team.
- Understand and drive optimal solutions within transport national planning execution.
- Deliver continuous and unrelenting drive for improvement within our client’s transport and distribution operations. Including logical roll out strategies to achieve ambitious targets.
- Communicate effectively and constructively and diplomatically challenges and addresses site operational issues or people orientated issues in an open and collaborative manner.
- Lead from the front with an open and approachable “hands on” coaching and mentoring management style, which encourages empowerment and accountability and engenders enthusiasm and respect.
- Accountable to Board level for the delivery of operational and financial results
The Ideal Candidate:
- University degree educated in logistics or business or engineering or science. A Master’s Degree in logistics and supply chain or transport planning would be highly advantageous.
- An experienced transport management professional experienced in running large primary and secondary road transport fleets both in house and via third party 3PL and 4PL partnerships.
- A Paragon transport software specialist. This is a prerequisite.
- At least 7-10 years transport operations management and transport network planning experience.
- Experience of transport network planning, transport control tower concepts, transport operations management and project management.
- A track record of network development including implementation of centralised planning, transport management systems, network consolidation and integration.
- Transport operations leadership, customer relationship management, and project management expertise.
- This experience may predominantly have been gained within 3PL contract logistics focused on both primary and secondary road transport or large retail or other large FMCG or Industrial multinational, multi-site, complex and high velocity transport operations.
- Highly analytical and data driven with experience of transport management, routing and planning software packages. An advanced user of Excel. A project management qualification would be highly advantageous.
- Fast track career progression to date with the ambitious and desire to progress to Director level within this dynamic growth environment.
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE – WAREHOUSING & LOGISTICS
“Career development opportunity for Degree/Masters educated Operational Excellence specialist with a track record of lean CI and programme management within multinational warehousing and supply chain operations.”
£Excellent + Blue Chip Benefits
South East Asia
Our client is a global multinational. A true market leader, they have a strong culture of safety, customer focus, quality and reliability.
Highly successful and long-established with industrial expertise across a number of verticals, our client has a global network of operations and integrated state-of-the-art information technology across warehousing and transport.
As a result of internal promotion, they are seeking a Director of Operational Excellence. As the Director of Operational Excellence, you will combine strategic insight and execution excellence. You will be responsible for the overall delivery, implementation and maintenance of the operational excellence programme across multiple countries and supply chain (predominantly warehousing) operations. This will include facilitating the lean, continuous improvement process, training local teams, ensuring the sustainability of local compliance, coaching local Operational Excellence Programme Managers in managing improvement projects and training the local operations and management teams, continuous identification and development of best practice.
Specifically, this will include strategies for lead time reduction, faster time to market, process excellence and product lifecycle management. Our client’s objective is enhanced service levels and efficiency throughout its supply chains, through best practice sharing and a culture of continuous improvement. This includes increased transport, warehousing, management and supplier-related efficiency via enhanced traceability systems, optimised costs and inventory levels. Our client’s aim is to mitigate supply chain risks through high flexibility and adaptability to change and a reduced negative impact on the environment via its sustainability initiatives.
Our client is seeking a university degree/Master’s degree educated Engineering or Logistics professional with a track record of Operational Excellence focused on large, multi-site manual, automated and semi-automated warehousing and logistics operations. This may include end-to-end fulfilment solutions, including order management, inventory planning, order picking and packaging, value-added logistics services such as repair services and spare parts or production or retail or ecommerce logistics. This experience may have been gained either inhouse within a multinational retailer, manufacturer or third-party contract logistics environment. Candidates must have specifically worked within a lean, continuous improvement and operational excellence function. Earlier operational leadership and change programme management experience must also be highly evident in your experience. Multi country, multi-site and multinational experience are prerequisites.
You will work in partnership with highly experienced and skilled warehousing and logistics leadership colleagues to develop just-in-time and scalable solutions that optimise operations and boost productivity. You will apply best practices and management skills to improve business processes – enabling our client’s supply chains to gain a genuine competitive edge in the marketplace. Through optimising organisational structures, improving critical material and information flows you and your Operational Excellence team will create sustainable value for the future, keeping business processes agile, smart and able to respond quickly to the pace of change. Accordingly, your track record will include experience of end-to-end supply chain management and lean operational excellence which have driven efficiency and achieved optimum performance.
- Lead the Operations Excellence function across a cluster of countries.
- Responsible and accountable for delivery of the agreed global agenda and value of Operational Excellence initiatives within the cluster.
- Ensure that the Operational Excellence agenda is aligned to support the business needs in each country within the cluster.
- Responsible for the Operational Excellence input to new business tenders and proposals
- Supports effective start-ups and implementations by providing resources, advice and guidance.
- Seeks commercial opportunities from promoting Operational Excellence initiatives with customers.
- Communication responsibility - to business, to customers, to employees.
- Represent the Operational Excellence agenda as a key member of the cluster senior leadership team.
- Working closely with senior colleagues in Safety, Quality, Compliance, Sustainability and HR you will be responsible for Operational Excellence across all elements of our client’s operations.
- Lead the Operational Excellence function by example, supporting the cluster senior leadership and management teams on their journey towards Lean thinking
- Fosters a lean thinking, continuous improvement culture and relentlessly seeks opportunities for improvements on all levels within the organisation.
- Maintains close relationship with customers from the business development phase through the customer life cycle.
- Ensures accurate management reporting from operational sites, utilising this management information to make recommendations for continuous improvement and take mitigating action.
The Ideal Candidate:
- University degree/Master’s degree educated in Engineering, Logistics, Business or similar
- Track record gained within a global multinational, best in class, matrix corporate environment.
- Current or very recent experience within an Operational Excellence role in APAC or Europe would be particularly advantageous.
- Previous experience of operational line management in a supply chain and logistics environment, with a strong emphasis on warehousing, will be essential to success.
- Industry sector experience could be industrial, automotive, retail, FMCG manufacturing or third-party contract logistics.
- Must demonstrate excellent and successful change and programme management experience in a culturally diverse and dynamic growth/transformational corporate environment.
- Solid understanding of the operational excellence function
- Excellent project and programme management skills ideally with a project management qualification.
- Strong leadership capability with gravitas. Capability to deliver a compelling vision and to inspire, motivate, empower and facilitate change through direct and indirect teams.
- Strong commercial acumen and financial capability familiar with partnering with commercial/sales teams and working closely with clients from tender to implementation and beyond.
- Excellent experience and track record of implementing Lean methodologies and a continuous improvement.
- Strong influencing skills and credibility with senior stakeholders, confident strategists, highly adept at presenting compelling business cases for change and improvement to board level.
- Diplomatic and mature with excellent listening skills, able to quickly assimilate a situation, analyse the data and facts and prepare a compelling plan of action taking account of all opportunities and risks.
- A fantastic team leader with the ability to work effectively and deliver successfully via direct and indirect teams within the Operational Excellence network within the organisation.
MARINE AGGREGATES SHIP MANAGER/TECHNICAL SUPERINTENDENT
“Career development opportunity for Vessel/Technical Superintendent or similar Marine Engineering Specialist to join UK division of multinational plc within the aggregates and construction materials sector”
£50-60000 (DOE) + Excellent Benefits including Relocation Assistance
Commutable from Sussex, Surrey, Hampshire, West Kent
Our client’s marine division supplies high quality natural sand and gravel aggregates from the seabed off the UK for use in ready mixed and pre-cast concrete, general construction and coastal defence schemes. Our client is seeking a Vessel or Technical Superintendent with a strong marine engineering background for the role of Marine Aggregates Ship Manager for its UK team. The team comprises a group of specialists in marine and wharf operations, ship engineering and mineral resources, based in West Sussex. Your objective will be to monitor and deliver vessel performance and all aspects of the technical operation, driving marine and engineering standards onboard your assigned vessels.
Our client operates a fleet of four ships purpose built for aggregate dredging The ships/dredgers operate round the clock, 24 hours per day, seven days per week, extracting sand and gravel from licensed dredging areas in the North Sea, English Channel, Bristol Channel and Irish Sea.
The ships/dredgers deliver cargoes to landing points close to where the aggregates are used such as wharves with onsite processing plants along the River Thames, along the south coast between Shoreham and Southampton, in South and North Wales and in SW and NW England. Each dredger uses satellite navigation to dredge accurately and precisely locate aggregate reserves on the seabed.
- Responsible for the safe and economical day to day operation of vessels under your control, ensuring they comply with statutory and class certification.
- Leadership and management of the on vessel/ship-based team and the office-based team.
- Accountable for the performance of these vessels against budget.
- Provide a high level of technical support and supervision.
- Responsible for improvement and development of the AMOS marine planned maintenance and purchasing system, improving reliability and achieving world class vessel performance.
- Responsible for the company’s’ entire fleet spares stock holding, including increasing stock value, depreciation and stock write offs to ensure management of critical spares.
- Marine aggregates business improvement programmes such as ongoing fleet optimisation including taking accountability for a associated KPI’s
- Responsible for upgrades and modifications to vessels to overcome obsolescence and improve vessel performance. Investigate and assess innovative ways of maximising out turn and improving equipment longevity.
- Responsible for CAPEX applications for vessel technical requirements from instigation to compliance and completion sign off. CAPEX and OPEX budget performance reporting.
- Responsible for downtime strategy planning and minimisation in accordance with production demands and for budgetary planning and purchasing control.
- Preparation of dry-docking and repair specifications.
- Negotiations with shipyards, dry-docks and suppliers to obtain best value for all requirements. Adjudication of quotes and justification of costs to stake holder management.
- Supervision of repairs during alongside repair and dry-dock periods including influencing and monitoring of safety systems in shipyards during repairs to promote safe working practices in accordance with legislation, company procedures and safety culture.
The Ideal Applicant:
- Graduate calibre education level e.g. HNC/HND, Bachelors or Masters in engineering, marine, maritime or nautical or shipping studies or similar.
- Minimum of an STCW95 III/2 Class 2 Engineer Officer Certificate of Competency (or equivalent).
- A good working knowledge of the maintenance requirements of medium speed diesels and their associated electro-hydraulic systems.
- A strong engineering background relevant to the Marine Industry, having potentially spent time at sea in a shipboard Managerial Position.
- This role would be particularly suited to someone with shore-based experience, or recent Senior Position onboard a vessel looking to take that first step ashore.
- To be able to diagnose and rectify faults in a wide range of machinery and control systems.
- Clear, concise communicator with ability to liaise with personnel and outside bodies at all levels. Effective communication skills, and excellent written and verbal capability.
- Significant management/leadership skills. Strong organisational, delegation and interpersonal skills. Able to lead both an offshore/on board vessel and on shore team
- Able to take command of situations effectively, efficiently and calmly.
- A proven history managing complex docking projects and electronic planned maintenance systems would be essential together with excellent leadership and management skills.
- Experience of managing marine dredgers or similar vessels within the aggregates or similar sector would be highly advantageous.
- This experience may have been gained in the UK or EU or further afield but you will have the right to live and work in UK/EU.
- Candidates who have worked within the Merchant or Royal Navy or Commercial Port Operations would also be of interest.
Candidates with seagoing experience would be considered favourably, although this is not essential. It is important to have a strong commercial aptitude with a solid knowledge and understanding across all the variables within operations when dealing with vessels.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious Technical Superintendent to take the next step in their career.
This position offers the successful candidate excellent career progress opportunities, the opportunity to work with a leading shipping company and enjoy an attractive package based upon experience which will include an excellent salary and assistance with re-location if needed.
KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER – RETAIL VERTICAL – INTERNATIONAL MULTI MODAL LOGISTICS
“Fantastic career development opportunity for degree educated high potential with a track record gained pan European retail logistics solutions design or supply chain development or business development or key account management”
Salary £50-60000 (Dependent Upon Experience) + Car, Bonus & Blue-Chip Benefits
Location: Northern Home Counties
Commutable from Hertfordshire, Essex, Greater London, East London, Central London, North London, West London, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Bedfordshire, Middlesex, Surrey
(locations for advertisement Watford, Hemel Hempstead, St Albans, High Wycombe, Potters Barr, Cheshunt, Hackney, Camden, Stratford, Chigwell, Greenwich, Bromley, Ealing, Wandsworth, Chiswick, Richmond, Maidenhead, Slough, Egham, Staines, Weybridge, Walton Thames)
Our long-established, US$ multibillion client designs and operates globally integrated supply chains combining origin and destination logistics solutions with transportation services across all modes and regions of the world.
Their brand is synonymous with service quality, reliability and operational excellence. They have a strong focus on delivering high-quality services across a number of verticals. As a result of promotion, they are now seeking a Key Account Manager to join a well-established team supporting the international supply chain of one of the world’s most exciting and dynamic growth, multinational retail formats. You will spend 2-3 days per week at the retail account head office in the Home Counties and 1-2 days working from home or our client’s head office in London. Both locations are easily accessible by road or rail networks.
- Manage our client’s global supply chain solution for a flagship key account customer.
- Drive business development to increase sales of our client’s sophisticated logistics and supply chain solutions and services delivered to its key account retail customer, improving profitability.
- Facilitate excellent performance across all multi modal logistics services delivered to the key account retail client.
- This will include achieving/exceeding customer’ expectations and driving process efficiencies in delivering relevant, effective service and solutions.
- Identify, develop and evaluate new business opportunities to expand the portfolio of core and value-added services offered to the Key Account.
- Development and maintenance of a customer specific road map to support this aim.
- Drive and manage solution design and project development and implementation.
- Supporting the design of operations and systems solutions to meet the identified requirements of the Key Account Customer. This will require working with internal teams e.g. Service Integrity, Operations and IT teams when designing and specifying the tailored customer solution.
- Responsible for all rate and contract negotiations for the dedicated Key Account ensuring achievement of targets in terms of profitability, budget and growth of the nominated Key Account.
- As part of the Retail Vertical team, the incumbent will extensively communicate with a wide variety of people, such as vendors, internal departments, client management and employees, at various levels of seniority.
- Continuously develop an excellent relationship with the Key Account Customer is a vital aspect to fulfil the above requirements.
The Ideal Candidate:
- The ideal candidate will be university degree educated, (a Master’s degree would be advantageous) and will possess a demonstrable track record of success and knowledge of solutions design, supply chain and logistics development, business development or key account management within the retail vertical.
- This experience may have been gained within a 3PL, or an international freight forwarder/multi modal operator or within a major international or European retailer specialising in fast moving apparel, homewares or grocery.
- Expertise will include a strong overall understanding of the retail supply chain from order management, vendor management, consolidation, global air, sea and land freight management, multi modal transportation, international hub management, deconsolidation, regional and destination distribution centres, store order fulfilment, distribution management.
- In addition, value added services ranging from retail point of sale (POS) to customised packaging, delivery optimisation and returns management.
- Fluent in English. A second European or International Language would be highly advantageous.
- A solutions-based approach to key account development, stakeholder engagement combined with excellent and highly developed communication and presentation skills.
- Highly numerate, analytical and commercially aware with the capability to deal with complexity.
- Capability to be both reactive and proactive within an extremely fast paced, high growth international retail environment.
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
In return our client offers excellent career development within a global multinational environment and excellent blue-chip salary and benefits package.
Distribution Centre General Manager (DC Development & Optimisation)
“3PL Food Retail Logistics DC. A fantastic opportunity for a high potential graduate with excellent UK food retail DC operations management expertise to lead DC development and optimisation.”
£Competitive + Car Allowance + Bonus + Benefits
Actual Job Location: Thailand
Our client is one of the world’s most successful third party logistics service providers with an impressive portfolio of blue chip multinational accounts across a range of industry sectors.
This role is a high profile one, taking the lead in the further development and optimisation of a DC for one of Thailand’s high end grocery retailers. As an experienced Distribution Centre Operations/General Manager, working closely with the client, you will project lead the further development and optimisation of a large scale retail DC handling both food and non-food. You will focus on implementation and performance enhancement and the day to day running of the DC a General Manager. You will be responsible for strategic growth, development and performance covering both warehousing and transport logistics operations for this contract and operation. You will also further develop your excellent blue chip key account management and client relationship skills.
To succeed in this role, you will be university degree educated, and will perhaps have benefitted from an in-depth management development programme either with a large 3PL or a food/grocery retailer. This will have encompassed a series of operational leadership roles covering both warehousing and transport (including acquisition of a CPC) interspersed with project work culminating in your current or most recent operational role, running a large scale multi temperature FMCG retail NDC or RDC employing 200-300 + staff as a DC GM.
Your 3PL experience will have included extensive contract account management and client stakeholder engagement. Either in house or within a 3PL you will have built upon your project management and continuous improvement skills to reduce costs and increase efficiencies. You may already have been involved in new site openings, through to large scale physical and systems redesigns. This will all have been achieved whilst ensuring that operations remain fully functional delivering high levels of accuracy and on time delivery within a retail DC.
You will be strategic and commercially minded, with some experience of shaping strategic plans and implementing cost saving initiatives in complex, large retail FMCG operations. You will be experienced in coaching and leading teams through numerous periods of change producing high performing teams. You will therefore be extremely keen and ready to build on this in your next role as you take on a senior leadership role at Director level in a developing international market.
The ideal applicant will be university degree educated perhaps in logistics or business. You will be a high energy, resilient person, with a warm personality and a real passion for developing people and driving a logistics business to succeed. Your talent and development reviews to date will already have earmarked you as high potential.
From an operational perspective you must be adept at running a retail warehousing pick pack and despatch operation as well as a multi drop primary and secondary transport function. In terms of budgetary responsibility my client’s business is big - in the range of £60 million plus revenue so your financial management and planning skills will be excellent. Your attention to detail, self-control and drive will be of the highest levels. You will be comfortable persuading, influencing and presenting at both shop floor and director level internally and externally to the client.
Previous experience of working abroad or extended periods of travel to the Far East or other developing markets will be highly advantageous, although not a prerequisite, however you will need to be able to quickly adapt to a different cultural style and your personal people management and leadership approach will be one that respects loyalty and engenders trust whilst remaining highly results driven and focused on success.
TRANSPORT GENERAL MANAGER - THIRD PARTY LOGISTICS
“3PL Food Retail Logistics operation. A fantastic opportunity for a high potential graduate with excellent UK chilled/frozen food retail primary and secondary transport operations management expertise to lead very large national fleet and drive team.”
C£Very Competitive + Car Allowance + Bonus + Benefits
Actual Job Location: Thailand
Our client is a highly successful third-party logistics service providers with an impressive portfolio of blue chip multinational accounts across a range of industry sectors.
This role is a high profile one, taking the lead managing a very large primary and predominantly secondary multi drop, retail/FMCG transport operation. As an experienced Transport Operations Manager/General Manager you will have responsibility for the national fleet which serves 400 plus stores on a 6 day per week 24-hour operation. This is a demanding role in a rapidly developing country, where infrastructure development is also trying to keep pace with consumer demand. You will lead a mix of in house and subcontractor drivers and traffic office personnel to ensure optimal route planning, on time deliveries, backhaul, trunk and staff deployments are operating effectively, safely and in a customer focused and cost efficient and legal manner. You will regularly audit the transport operations including satellite depots to ensure loss prevention, compliance with company policies and legal requirements for a safe transport operation. You will also focus on developing your team, instilling a continuous improvement approach, an empowered and devolved decision-making ethos within the realms of the Thai cultural environment, whilst also supporting the team, providing leadership and vision and communicating and implementing change.
To succeed in this role, you will be university degree educated, and will perhaps have benefitted from an in-depth management development programme either with a large 3PL or a food/grocery retailer. This will have encompassed a series of operational leadership roles with the emphasis on transport (including acquisition of a CPC) interspersed with project work culminating in your current or most recent transport operational role, running a large scale multi temperature FMCG retail transport operation employing 200-300 plus drivers.
Your 3PL experience will have included extensive contract account management and client stakeholder engagement. You may already have been involved in network optimisation programmes, driver training and other leading edge transport development initiatives focused on delivering cost savings and efficiencies whilst achieving excellent health and safety and environmental targets within a lean, continuous improvement culture.
You will be strategic and commercially minded, with some experience of shaping strategic plans and implementing cost saving initiatives in complex, large retail FMCG operations. You will be “hands on” in style, experienced in coaching and leading teams through numerous periods of change producing high performing teams. You will therefore be extremely keen and ready to build on this in your next role as you take on a senior leadership role at Director level in a developing international market.
You will be a high energy, resilient person, with a warm personality and a real passion for developing people and driving a logistics business to succeed. Your talent and development reviews to date will already have earmarked you as high potential/highly successful.
From an operational perspective you must be adept at running a retail despatch operation as well as a multi drop primary and secondary transport function. In terms of budgetary responsibility my client’s business is big - in the range of £40-60 million plus revenue so your financial management and planning skills will be excellent. Your attention to detail, self-control and drive will be of the highest levels. You will be comfortable persuading, influencing and presenting at both driver and director level internally and externally to the client.
Previous experience of working abroad or extended periods of travel to the Far East or other developing markets will be highly advantageous as you will need to be able to quickly adapt to a different cultural style and your personal people management and leadership approach will be one that respects loyalty and engenders trust whilst remaining highly results driven and focused on success.
WAREHOUSE OPERATIONS MANAGER - PHARMACEUTICAL LOGISTICS
“Time Critical, Temperature Controlled/Cold Chain, Packaging, Processing & Order Fulfillment Operations”
Location: Suzhou, Free Trade Zone, China (Relocation Assistance available within China)
Salary: Excellent + 13th Month + Bonus + Excellent Benefits + Transportation Allowance + Performance Allowance + Accommodation (if required) & Free Courtesy Bus to Work + Other Benefits
Our client is the division of a NYSE quoted multinational specialising in the pharmaceutical and life sciences sector.
As a result of dynamic and continued growth they are seeking a university degree educated, English speaking and experienced Warehouse Operations Manager to join their large logistics and packaging operation in Suzhou, located in the Free Zone area. Candidates must have experience of pharmaceutical, life sciences or clinical trials logistics operations to GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) standards.
We’re seeking a highly capable and talented Warehouse Operations Manager with real integrity, drive and flexibility who will want to be involved in building something very special. You will be passionate about playing an active part in continuously improving processes, developing your team and shaping the future of our client’s business
The Warehouse Operations Manager will take day to day responsibility for a team of c20 people involved in order processing, picking, packing, and despatch of pharmaceutical orders to GMP standards.
You will be responsible for ensuring that the warehouse/distribution centre operation meets client and internal requirements. This will include continual improvement and streamlining of the existing operations. Working closely with the warehouse operations team you must analyse and implement practical solutions to improve productivity, efficiency, capacity, stock accuracy and reduce operating costs.
In addition, you will be responsible for coaching and developing your team, increasing confidence, capability and accountability. In your career to date you may also be able to provide evidence of your experience of team development as part of a succession plan within a fast-growing operation. Career prospects for you personally will be fantastic.
This will entail close liaising with the Country Supply Chain/General Manager and internal project teams and excellent team motivation and development, resource planning, stock control, quality and people management skills. In addition, you will be responsible for liaison with major corporate client customers translating their requirements into operational plans and ensuring the highest levels of customer service at all times. The focus will be the achievement of operational excellence
- To manage and direct workload, ensuring staff are performing duties in a correct and timely manner in accordance with GMP.
- To uphold all procedures for goods entering and leaving the respective material departments.
- Ensure that all items are issued in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure all system transactions and inventory transfer processes are carried out for all functions within your department.
- Liaise with Senior Operations Manager, Packaging Manager, Project Managers, Quality
- Assurance, and Customer Services regarding any potential problems.
- Working closely with Finance control all areas of expenditure, including labour costs and transport carrier costs.
- You will be responsible for ensuring efficient and cost-effective import and export operations.
- Train and develop all staff to promote a multi skilled environment with improved flexibility.
- To coach and mentor and develop the team to undertake updates of status of clinical trial supplies in the system according to procedure.
- To conduct monthly/quarterly/mid-year/yearly Performance Management Reviews for your team.
- Work closely with QA department in the preparation and smooth conduct of internal and external audits.
- Support business development and sales by active involvement in new business introduction providing viable operational solutions.
- To monitor the efficiency of material flow.
- Work closely with global counterparts to ensure global requirements are implemented correctly in the local Suzhou operation.
Your Qualifications & Experience
- You must currently live in China. This role is located in Suzhou and our client may assist with relocation within China to Suzhou.
- You will possess excellent warehouse management experience ideally gained within a pharmaceutical or healthcare logistics environment including receipt direct from production, for order preparation. The emphasis will have been on work planning and skills set management within a multi skilled operation.
- Experience of quality standards within the pharmaceutical, life sciences, clinical trials logistics sector and up to date health and safety knowledge will be essential. Knowledge of GMP standards is essential.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Supply Chain, Distribution, Sciences, or other related discipline, and the equivalent knowledge and working experience in logistics.
- Substantial and relevant experience from a logistics and warehouse operational role covering inbound inventory management/goods receipt, picking, packing, packaging, outbound dispatch and returns.
- Experience of warehouse operations management within GMP standards.
- At least 4-5 years or above of working experience in logistics, warehouse or distribution centre environment as a Team Leader or Supervisor or Manager. Experience in pharmaceutical or life sciences or clinical trials logistics or third party contract logistics specializing in life sciences, pharmaceutical or clinical trials.
- Good command of English (CET4 or CET6 preferred).
- Good command of computer skills (MS Office).
- Good understanding of pharmaceutical, life sciences or clinical trials logistics industry
- This experience must ideally have been gained within China within a blue multinational logistics or warehousing environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact well with all types of people in and outside of the company.
- Self-motivated, flexible, independent, enthusiastic and driven.
- Customer-oriented. Details-oriented. Teamwork spirit. Ability to work under pressure Communication skills.
- Must be fluent in Chinese and English.
CONTRACT MANAGERS – THIRD PARTY LOGISTICS RETAIL/FMCG OPERATIONS
“Accelerated career development opportunities for degree educated warehousing professionals to drive operational growth on existing FMCG retail and grocery retail logistics accounts.”
£Competitive + Car/Car Allowance + Bonus + Benefits
Actual Job Location: Vietnam
Our client is one the world’s most successful third party logistics service providers with an impressive portfolio of blue chip multinational accounts across a range of industries. In order to bolster growth on existing FMCG retail consumer goods, fashion and grocery accounts they are now seeking two university degree educated warehousing/distribution centre management professionals as Contract Managers for a variety of dedicated and shared user third party logistics and warehousing contracts. Experience of transport operations would be advantageous but the key focus will be on warehousing, case and pick and pack operations. Experience of retail logistics operations is a pre-requisite for these roles.
As an experienced grocery/retail/FMCG distribution centre operations manager, either from a third party/contract logistics service provider or from inhouse retail logistics, you will work closely with clients and will take the operational lead for automated and semi-automated DC’s. You will be responsible for operational development and performance optimisation against stringent service level agreements and challenging KPI’s covering both warehousing and transport logistics operations. You will engage and develop key account focused, client relationships. You will already be adept at leading, coaching and developing your DC leadership teams to create a best in class and high performing operation. Therefore, to date you will already have recent/current experience of leading a at least 100 operational colleagues through a first line management team.
Skills, Experience, Qualifications:
As these roles are part of our client’s talent and succession plan for the region, they are specifically seeking university degree educated candidates. Candidates who have benefitted from an in-depth management development programme with extensive operational management exposure, either within a 3PL or a large food/non-food retailer would be of particular interest.
Your experience to date, minimum 4-8 years post-graduation, will have included either extensive 3PL contract account management directly interfacing with clients or in house cross functional stakeholder engagement across corporate and store operations. Also, either in house or within a 3PL you have built upon your operational project management and continuous improvement skills to reduce cost and increase efficiencies. This could include operational turnaround, employee engagement and development, new site openings, through to large scale physical and systems redesigns. However, the bulk of your experience must be operations management and leadership of a DC as opposed to pure projects and planning.
You will highly numerate and analytical with a strong commercial acumen, already used to budgetary management responsibility or even full P & L. Exposure to implementing cost saving initiatives and leading teams through numerous periods of change and growth, to become high performing will be essential to success in this role. You will be developing a reputation for your highly visible “walk the floor” leadership style.
You will be very ambitious, with a track record of successful performance improvement and results delivery, as you will further build your expertise in these exciting Contract General Management roles, to eventually take on senior executive roles in a rapidly developing international market.
The ideal applicants will be university degree educated perhaps in logistics or business or engineering, sciences. You will be a high energy, resilient person, with a warm personality and a real passion for developing people and driving a logistics business to succeed. Your talent and development reviews to date will already have earmarked you as a high potential talent.
From an operational perspective, you must be adept at running a retail warehousing case and pick pack and despatch operations. Experience of a multi drop primary and secondary transport function would be very advantageous. Your financial management and planning skills will be excellent. Your attention to detail, self-control and drive will be of the highest levels. You will be comfortable persuading, influencing and presenting at both shop floor and director level internally and externally to the client.
Previous experience of working abroad or extended periods of travel or of living and working in South East Asia or other developing markets will be highly advantageous as you will need to be able to quickly adapt to a different cultural style and your personal people management and leadership approach will be one that respects loyalty and engenders trust whilst remaining highly results driven and focused on success. In return our client offers a competitive salary (low tax) and very low cost of living and benefits such as car, bonus, pension, healthcare and fantastic career development. These are permanent opportunities requiring relocation to Vietnam. Relocation assistance will be provided including initial short-term rental support.