Martin Veasey Talent Solutions has specialised in the supply chain and logistics sectors for over thirty-five years. We have worked with some of the world’s leading organisations recruiting for positions on virtually every continent.
The supply chain is fundamental to virtually every business irrespective of industry sector. Rapidly increasing globalisation and greater utilisation of e-technologies has increased the pressure placed upon organisations to achieve high levels of customer service whilst reducing overall costs.
As customer expectations increase the need to identify, create and develop a comprehensive end to end approach to the supply chain has intensified. The role of supply chain specialist in this is crucial to achieving a long-lasting competitive edge.
Our approach is to evaluate the core personality traits and transferable competencies that will make a positive impact on the requirements of today’s supply chain, as well as those of the future.
- Sales and Demand Forecasting & Planning S & OP
- Capacity, Production Planning & Scheduling
- Purchasing and Supply Management
- Materials & Inventory Management
- Customer Supply Planning
- eCommerce & eFulfilment
- Last Mile Solutions
- Logistics, Warehousing, Transport & Distribution
- Freight Forwarding and Shipping, Import and Export
- Outsourced Logistics Solutions & Value-Added Services
- Logistics Business Development, Sales, Key Account Management & Solutions Design
- Inter & Multi-modal logistics including Rail & Sea Freight
- Strategic Planning & Development
- Logistics and Supply Chain Consultancy & Project Management
- Transport and Logistics Planning and Analysis
- Third Party Contract Logistics Services
We have recruited extensively in a range of supply chain and logistics roles. Find out more about working with Martin Veasey Talent Solutions here.
In addition to recruitment solutions, we offer a range of HR & Talent Management services, including:
HEAD OF TRANSPORT PLANNING – PARAGON SPECIALIST
“Excellent opportunity for experienced and graduate calibre transport network planning & Paragon transport systems specialist to lead brand new transport management centre”
£Excellent + Blue Chip Benefits
South East Asia
Our client is global market leader. As part of an Asia Pac transformation programme to improve and drive transport network synergies, centralised planning, visibility and control, our client is seeking a Head of Transport Planning who is also a very experienced Paragon transport planning systems specialist.
As Head of Transport Planning you will lead and manage a new centralised Transport Planning Management Centre, planning our client’s very large-scale, 1500 vehicle + fleet. This will include planning inhouse full load networks, LCL networks and scheduling of a large pool of national sub-contractor transport partners. This is expected to grow further as part of an ambitious strategic plan. You and your team will support multiple sites and operations serving customers nationally. You will lead a team of Planning Managers and Planners.
The ideal applicant will be of graduate calibre, in logistics, engineering or business and a strategic thinker with excellent change programme management experience. Your career history will be characterised by fast track career progression and demonstrable achievements in transport planning excellence. Most importantly, you will possess in-depth and consistent experience of large-scale in house and sub contract fleet planning and management across multiple locations, gained within a multinational high velocity Retail or FMCG or third-party logistics environment.
This is high profile and senior customer facing role and you will play a key role in understanding and fulfilling customer transport network requirements. You will be diplomatic and confident with the experience and credibility to successfully question and extract information and constructively challenge your internal and external stakeholders and your operational colleagues.
You will be logical and data driven in understanding problems and developing practical solutions. This will include setting KPI’s, targets and goals for monitoring and evaluating operations and cost effectiveness. You will also drive and control the effective use of resources in order to stay within budget.
You will ensure statutory and legal compliance developing a culture focused on safety, quality, service excellence, integrity and cost consciousness.
- Leading the Planning Team at a new Transport Management Center.
- Using Paragon Software, you will plan and design optimised schedules creating the greatest value for our client and its customers.
- Interpret data, understand complex demand planning and create optimal transport solutions across multiple customers, business divisions and operational locations.
- Create meaningful business intelligence reports for Transport Directors and create continual improvement solutions.
- Developing strategies and use state of the art systems to optimize fleet and create innovative transport solutions for multiple business sector.
- Manage planning, solutions, costs and reporting. Create planning schedules that achieve contractual service and performance levels and continue to improve transport models to beat the budgets and develop innovation.
- Deliver operational strategies using Paragon transport planning software.
- Reviews and updates KPIs, targets, and goals within Paragon for monitoring and evaluating operations and cost effectiveness.
- Develop Paragon transport software Super Users and upskilling the planning team.
- Understand and drive optimal solutions within transport national planning execution.
- Deliver continuous and unrelenting drive for improvement within our client’s transport and distribution operations. Including logical roll out strategies to achieve ambitious targets.
- Communicate effectively and constructively and diplomatically challenges and addresses site operational issues or people orientated issues in an open and collaborative manner.
- Lead from the front with an open and approachable “hands on” coaching and mentoring management style, which encourages empowerment and accountability and engenders enthusiasm and respect.
- Accountable to Board level for the delivery of operational and financial results
The Ideal Candidate:
- University degree educated in logistics or business or engineering or science. A Master’s Degree in logistics and supply chain or transport planning would be highly advantageous.
- An experienced transport management professional experienced in running large primary and secondary road transport fleets both in house and via third party 3PL and 4PL partnerships.
- A Paragon transport software specialist. This is a prerequisite.
- At least 7-10 years transport operations management and transport network planning experience.
- Experience of transport network planning, transport control tower concepts, transport operations management and project management.
- A track record of network development including implementation of centralised planning, transport management systems, network consolidation and integration.
- Transport operations leadership, customer relationship management, and project management expertise.
- This experience may predominantly have been gained within 3PL contract logistics focused on both primary and secondary road transport or large retail or other large FMCG or Industrial multinational, multi-site, complex and high velocity transport operations.
- Highly analytical and data driven with experience of transport management, routing and planning software packages. An advanced user of Excel. A project management qualification would be highly advantageous.
- Fast track career progression to date with the ambitious and desire to progress to Director level within this dynamic growth environment.
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE – WAREHOUSING & LOGISTICS
“Career development opportunity for Degree/Masters educated Operational Excellence specialist with a track record of lean CI and programme management within multinational warehousing and supply chain operations.”
£Excellent + Blue Chip Benefits
South East Asia
Our client is a global multinational. A true market leader, they have a strong culture of safety, customer focus, quality and reliability.
Highly successful and long-established with industrial expertise across a number of verticals, our client has a global network of operations and integrated state-of-the-art information technology across warehousing and transport.
As a result of internal promotion, they are seeking a Director of Operational Excellence. As the Director of Operational Excellence, you will combine strategic insight and execution excellence. You will be responsible for the overall delivery, implementation and maintenance of the operational excellence programme across multiple countries and supply chain (predominantly warehousing) operations. This will include facilitating the lean, continuous improvement process, training local teams, ensuring the sustainability of local compliance, coaching local Operational Excellence Programme Managers in managing improvement projects and training the local operations and management teams, continuous identification and development of best practice.
Specifically, this will include strategies for lead time reduction, faster time to market, process excellence and product lifecycle management. Our client’s objective is enhanced service levels and efficiency throughout its supply chains, through best practice sharing and a culture of continuous improvement. This includes increased transport, warehousing, management and supplier-related efficiency via enhanced traceability systems, optimised costs and inventory levels. Our client’s aim is to mitigate supply chain risks through high flexibility and adaptability to change and a reduced negative impact on the environment via its sustainability initiatives.
Our client is seeking a university degree/Master’s degree educated Engineering or Logistics professional with a track record of Operational Excellence focused on large, multi-site manual, automated and semi-automated warehousing and logistics operations. This may include end-to-end fulfilment solutions, including order management, inventory planning, order picking and packaging, value-added logistics services such as repair services and spare parts or production or retail or ecommerce logistics. This experience may have been gained either inhouse within a multinational retailer, manufacturer or third-party contract logistics environment. Candidates must have specifically worked within a lean, continuous improvement and operational excellence function. Earlier operational leadership and change programme management experience must also be highly evident in your experience. Multi country, multi-site and multinational experience are prerequisites.
You will work in partnership with highly experienced and skilled warehousing and logistics leadership colleagues to develop just-in-time and scalable solutions that optimise operations and boost productivity. You will apply best practices and management skills to improve business processes – enabling our client’s supply chains to gain a genuine competitive edge in the marketplace. Through optimising organisational structures, improving critical material and information flows you and your Operational Excellence team will create sustainable value for the future, keeping business processes agile, smart and able to respond quickly to the pace of change. Accordingly, your track record will include experience of end-to-end supply chain management and lean operational excellence which have driven efficiency and achieved optimum performance.
- Lead the Operations Excellence function across a cluster of countries.
- Responsible and accountable for delivery of the agreed global agenda and value of Operational Excellence initiatives within the cluster.
- Ensure that the Operational Excellence agenda is aligned to support the business needs in each country within the cluster.
- Responsible for the Operational Excellence input to new business tenders and proposals
- Supports effective start-ups and implementations by providing resources, advice and guidance.
- Seeks commercial opportunities from promoting Operational Excellence initiatives with customers.
- Communication responsibility - to business, to customers, to employees.
- Represent the Operational Excellence agenda as a key member of the cluster senior leadership team.
- Working closely with senior colleagues in Safety, Quality, Compliance, Sustainability and HR you will be responsible for Operational Excellence across all elements of our client’s operations.
- Lead the Operational Excellence function by example, supporting the cluster senior leadership and management teams on their journey towards Lean thinking
- Fosters a lean thinking, continuous improvement culture and relentlessly seeks opportunities for improvements on all levels within the organisation.
- Maintains close relationship with customers from the business development phase through the customer life cycle.
- Ensures accurate management reporting from operational sites, utilising this management information to make recommendations for continuous improvement and take mitigating action.
The Ideal Candidate:
- University degree/Master’s degree educated in Engineering, Logistics, Business or similar
- Track record gained within a global multinational, best in class, matrix corporate environment.
- Current or very recent experience within an Operational Excellence role in APAC or Europe would be particularly advantageous.
- Previous experience of operational line management in a supply chain and logistics environment, with a strong emphasis on warehousing, will be essential to success.
- Industry sector experience could be industrial, automotive, retail, FMCG manufacturing or third-party contract logistics.
- Must demonstrate excellent and successful change and programme management experience in a culturally diverse and dynamic growth/transformational corporate environment.
- Solid understanding of the operational excellence function
- Excellent project and programme management skills ideally with a project management qualification.
- Strong leadership capability with gravitas. Capability to deliver a compelling vision and to inspire, motivate, empower and facilitate change through direct and indirect teams.
- Strong commercial acumen and financial capability familiar with partnering with commercial/sales teams and working closely with clients from tender to implementation and beyond.
- Excellent experience and track record of implementing Lean methodologies and a continuous improvement.
- Strong influencing skills and credibility with senior stakeholders, confident strategists, highly adept at presenting compelling business cases for change and improvement to board level.
- Diplomatic and mature with excellent listening skills, able to quickly assimilate a situation, analyse the data and facts and prepare a compelling plan of action taking account of all opportunities and risks.
- A fantastic team leader with the ability to work effectively and deliver successfully via direct and indirect teams within the Operational Excellence network within the organisation.
WAREHOUSE OPERATIONS MANAGER - PHARMACEUTICAL LOGISTICS
“Time Critical, Temperature Controlled/Cold Chain, Packaging, Processing & Order Fulfillment Operations”
Location: Suzhou, Free Trade Zone, China (Relocation Assistance available within China)
Salary: Excellent + 13th Month + Bonus + Excellent Benefits + Transportation Allowance + Performance Allowance + Accommodation (if required) & Free Courtesy Bus to Work + Other Benefits
Our client is the division of a NYSE quoted multinational specialising in the pharmaceutical and life sciences sector.
As a result of dynamic and continued growth they are seeking a university degree educated, English speaking and experienced Warehouse Operations Manager to join their large logistics and packaging operation in Suzhou, located in the Free Zone area. Candidates must have experience of pharmaceutical, life sciences or clinical trials logistics operations to GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) standards.
We’re seeking a highly capable and talented Warehouse Operations Manager with real integrity, drive and flexibility who will want to be involved in building something very special. You will be passionate about playing an active part in continuously improving processes, developing your team and shaping the future of our client’s business
The Warehouse Operations Manager will take day to day responsibility for a team of c20 people involved in order processing, picking, packing, and despatch of pharmaceutical orders to GMP standards.
You will be responsible for ensuring that the warehouse/distribution centre operation meets client and internal requirements. This will include continual improvement and streamlining of the existing operations. Working closely with the warehouse operations team you must analyse and implement practical solutions to improve productivity, efficiency, capacity, stock accuracy and reduce operating costs.
In addition, you will be responsible for coaching and developing your team, increasing confidence, capability and accountability. In your career to date you may also be able to provide evidence of your experience of team development as part of a succession plan within a fast-growing operation. Career prospects for you personally will be fantastic.
This will entail close liaising with the Country Supply Chain/General Manager and internal project teams and excellent team motivation and development, resource planning, stock control, quality and people management skills. In addition, you will be responsible for liaison with major corporate client customers translating their requirements into operational plans and ensuring the highest levels of customer service at all times. The focus will be the achievement of operational excellence
- To manage and direct workload, ensuring staff are performing duties in a correct and timely manner in accordance with GMP.
- To uphold all procedures for goods entering and leaving the respective material departments.
- Ensure that all items are issued in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure all system transactions and inventory transfer processes are carried out for all functions within your department.
- Liaise with Senior Operations Manager, Packaging Manager, Project Managers, Quality
- Assurance, and Customer Services regarding any potential problems.
- Working closely with Finance control all areas of expenditure, including labour costs and transport carrier costs.
- You will be responsible for ensuring efficient and cost-effective import and export operations.
- Train and develop all staff to promote a multi skilled environment with improved flexibility.
- To coach and mentor and develop the team to undertake updates of status of clinical trial supplies in the system according to procedure.
- To conduct monthly/quarterly/mid-year/yearly Performance Management Reviews for your team.
- Work closely with QA department in the preparation and smooth conduct of internal and external audits.
- Support business development and sales by active involvement in new business introduction providing viable operational solutions.
- To monitor the efficiency of material flow.
- Work closely with global counterparts to ensure global requirements are implemented correctly in the local Suzhou operation.
Your Qualifications & Experience
- You must currently live in China. This role is located in Suzhou and our client may assist with relocation within China to Suzhou.
- You will possess excellent warehouse management experience ideally gained within a pharmaceutical or healthcare logistics environment including receipt direct from production, for order preparation. The emphasis will have been on work planning and skills set management within a multi skilled operation.
- Experience of quality standards within the pharmaceutical, life sciences, clinical trials logistics sector and up to date health and safety knowledge will be essential. Knowledge of GMP standards is essential.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Supply Chain, Distribution, Sciences, or other related discipline, and the equivalent knowledge and working experience in logistics.
- Substantial and relevant experience from a logistics and warehouse operational role covering inbound inventory management/goods receipt, picking, packing, packaging, outbound dispatch and returns.
- Experience of warehouse operations management within GMP standards.
- At least 4-5 years or above of working experience in logistics, warehouse or distribution centre environment as a Team Leader or Supervisor or Manager. Experience in pharmaceutical or life sciences or clinical trials logistics or third party contract logistics specializing in life sciences, pharmaceutical or clinical trials.
- Good command of English (CET4 or CET6 preferred).
- Good command of computer skills (MS Office).
- Good understanding of pharmaceutical, life sciences or clinical trials logistics industry
- This experience must ideally have been gained within China within a blue multinational logistics or warehousing environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact well with all types of people in and outside of the company.
- Self-motivated, flexible, independent, enthusiastic and driven.
- Customer-oriented. Details-oriented. Teamwork spirit. Ability to work under pressure Communication skills.
- Must be fluent in Chinese and English.