- Asia & Pacific (1)
- China (inc Hong Kong) (3)
- Japan (2)
- London (3)
- Midlands East (5)
- Midlands West (10)
- North East (3)
- North West (inc. Isle of Man) (2)
- Scotland (1)
- South East (inc Home Counties) (2)
- South West (2)
- Thailand (2)
- Thames Valley (M4 Corridor) (1)
- UK (2)
- Vietnam (3)
- Yorkshire (inc Humberside) (4)
5 Jobs Found
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
PLANT GENERAL MANAGER – HEAVY PROCESSING/ INDUSTRIAL SECTOR
“Excellent transformational change management role for Chemical Engineer/Engineering professional with track record of people development, engagement and continuous improvement in Heavy Engineering/Industrial Processing Environment.”
C£Very Competitive + Car Allowance, Bonus & Benefits & Relocation Assistance
Commutable Locations: Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Staffordshire, Derbyshire, Cheshire, Yorkshire, West Midlands, Shropshire, Greater Manchester, Humberside
Our client is a global market leader within the heavy industrial processing sector and operates a number of plants in the UK.
Due to dynamic growth our client is now seeking an Engineering degree educated Plant General Manager to take the lead at three strategic sites located. Candidates currently working within the heavy engineering/industrial processing industries would be particularly interesting.
This is a high-profile leadership role, focused on ensuring continuous improvement of health and safety and operational efficiency. You will manage a highly experienced and loyal team, further developing and instilling a zero-harm culture, and the technical competencies and behaviours required to achieve and sustain world class standards for the manufacture of our client’s product which is exported globally and utilised for a wide range of industry applications.
The successful candidate will therefore demonstrate a high profile and visible leadership style, and a track record of transformational change management and people development, engagement and motivation against a backdrop of a “best in class”, operational development programme. Ideally this experience will have been gained within a blue-chip multinational environment renowned for its world class/leading edge standards in terms of operational performance, people development, change management and leadership - an "employer of choice".
The ideal applicant will possess current and previous site leadership and manufacturing operational management experience gained within a fast-moving, lean processing, high customer service focused heavy engineering/industrial processing environment will be a prerequisite. The sites are unionised so excellent, well-honed ER skills are essential.
The primary purpose of the roles is to be responsible for optimizing labour; safety on site; material and equipment resources to maximize production capability and meet customer expectations with excellent quality and service. We are seeking people with experience of turnaround/transformation, people development, technical skills transfer, retention and management as part of a talent development and succession planning programme, continuously improving and developing such operations as the sites take on increased customer volumes both in the UK and in the export market.
The Ideal Candidate:
⦁ Must be University degree educated in Engineering – Chemical Engineering would be particularly advantageous.
⦁ Consistent career history in blue chip multinational environments
⦁ High profile leadership experience in a Plant/Site Operations. Worked at Plant/Factory Manager Level.
⦁ Track record of people development, technical skills transfer, retention and management, employee engagement, change and continuous improvement leading to best in class OEE and safety standards
⦁ Experience in Project Management, business and systems analysis highly advantageous but people management, development and succession planning within a long established and highly skilled processing environment will be critical to success.
⦁ Plant, Site or Factory multi functional operations leadership experience must have been gained within heavy industrial processing sector
⦁ Experienced Lean or Continuous Improvement champion with track record of excellent team development and engagement to deliver continuous improvement.
⦁ Demonstrated experience of cross functional and multi-level interaction and working in a matrix organization.
⦁ Ideally experience of working within high volume / target driven manufacturing environment.
⦁ Led & achieved results in UK or pan-European, multi-single site, managing cross functionally within blue-collar sites.
⦁ Experience of leading and managing employee relations at a senior level through continuous improvement within best in class operations.
⦁ Proven skills and capabilities in leadership, communication, capability, collaboration and problem solving.
⦁ Excellent experience of the Budgeting process and CAPEX business case approval process.
⦁ Project Management qualification highly advantageous.
⦁ Knowledge and use of Lean/Six Sigma.
⦁ PC Literate. Particularly strong Excel skills.
⦁ Resilient, driven, results focused personality - a high achiever.
To apply, without delay, please email your CV quoting reference J13605
PROJECT PURCHASING MANAGER – LARGE CAPITAL INVESTMENT PROJECT
C£45000 + Car Allowance, Pension & Benefits
Location: East Midlands
Commutable from Leicester, Loughborough, Melton Mowbray, Coalville, Kegworth, Long Eaton, Swadlincote, Ashby de la Zouch, Hinckley, Wigston, Market Harborough, Burton on Trent, Derby, Beeston, West Bridgford, Ilkeston, Nottingham, Lutterworth, Bedworth, Oakham, Uppingham, Stamford
Our client is a national market leader, part of a global multinational. They are currently undertaking a major capital investment programme to upgrade one of its flagship sites. They are now seeking an experienced Project Purchasing Manager to work with the capital project team to support the delivery of this major investment programme. Following completion of the project there may be opportunities on other large multi-year contracts or other procurement-based career development opportunities with our client
As Project Purchasing Manager you will create, implement and deliver sourcing strategies and supplier management across all aspects of this very high-profile project. You will be responsible for managing and supporting capital procurement for the project whilst ensuring compliance and adherence with central strategic procurement guidelines.
- Deliver cost reductions to targets
- Management of multi million-pound procurement budget
- End to end control of the procurement process
- Project management and project ownership with involvement in stage gate reviews
- Monitoring and improving supplier performance
- Collaborating with other internal functions
- Interfacing between central procurement and the Project Team
- Attendance of project procurement meetings
- Administering contract terms and conditions
- Involvement in the change management process
- Supporting internal functions with supplier related issues (as the first point of contact)
- Negotiating with suppliers and key stakeholders
- Sourcing and procurement planning
The Successful Applicant
- Graduate calibre with MCIPS qualification advantageous
- Significant capital projects procurement experience gained within an engineering or manufacturing environment
- Mature and professional approach, able to operate autonomously as a procurement specialist with key project and plant stakeholders
- Strong project management experience
- Excellent budgetary management and commercial acumen
- Excellent contracting, legal and compliance knowledge
- Supplier management experience
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills
CATEGORY MANAGER - Engineering & Capital Projects
“Experienced Engineering/CapEx, Capital Projects, procurement professional sought for European market leader specialising in the industrial manufacturing and processing sector”
£45-50000 + Car + Bonus + Benefits
Commutable from West Midlands, Staffordshire, Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Leicestershire, Oxfordshire, Northamptonshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire
This is a high-profile opportunity for a procurement practitioner with extensive Engineering and Capital Projects procurement expertise gained within a multi-site, multiple engineering projects environment. Category procurement experience should include experience of full turnkey installation, mechanical and electrical works, civil works (groundwork and new buildings), energy infrastructure and control systems.
Candidates will be very familiar with the following processes – development of procurement project plans at project development phase, working with Project Engineers to write enquiry specifications, tender process management, negotiation of commercial and contractual process with OEM’s or Turnkey contractors, writing contracts/framework agreements, management of contract from order placement through to ‘Acceptance’ and participation in engineering meetings reviewing project status and progress against savings targets. Experience of purchasing electrical and mechanical MRO, capital equipment and contractor services including specialist blue collar industrial trades for multiple plant locations nationally would also be advantageous but capital projects procurement experience gained within a procurement or capital projects engineering management role will be a prerequisite for success.
Operating as part of a large UK and European procurement team, and working closely with national and regional Engineering Management you will develop and deploy category strategies, identify future commercial opportunities and enable the delivery of associated value through contribution to the sourcing process. Specifically, you will manage capital procurement in support of £multi million capital investment programmes for the improvement, maintenance and growth of our client’s national asset base. The ideal applicant must therefore already have experience of capital projects engineering procurement and be adept at procurement project management. The focus will be on stakeholder engagement, value delivery and supplier savings. You will be accountable for the delivery of strategic sourcing events within a large portfolio of CAPEX procurement projects, engaging with and building strong working relationships with key stakeholders nationally across the business.
The ideal candidate will be of graduate calibre (an engineering qualification would be highly advantageous), part or fully qualified CIPS, with previous multinational strategic sourcing experience within the Capital Projects and Engineering categories - turnkey installation, mechanical and electrical works, civil works (groundwork and new buildings), energy infrastructure and control systems. You will be highly capable in preparing and leading negotiations; you will possess proven procurement project management skills including a track record of handling multiple projects nationally; you will be very proficient in stakeholder engagement, communication and management; you will be commercially astute with excellent analytical abilities and negotiation skills. This role has a national multi-site remit but you must ideally be based within the West Midlands for regular meetings with the rest of the procurement team and senior executive stakeholders at Head Office. There may also be occasional travel to Europe to the shared services procurement centre or to key suppliers. Candidates must ideally live close to the major motorway/rail networks in the Midlands.
SITE PROCUREMENT MANAGER – INDIRECT & DIRECT SPEND
“Excellent, site procurement lead opportunity for degree educated MCIPS procurement professional with experience of direct and indirect spend and capital/engineering projects”
£45-60000 (Dependent upon Experience) + Car/Allowance + Bonus + Benefits
Commutable from Derbyshire, Cheshire, Manchester, Staffordshire, Macclesfield, Chapel en le Frith, Leek, Stoke on Trent, Stockport, Buxton, Sheffield, Chesterfield, Matlock, Burton on Trent, Ashbourne, Belper, Rotherham, Dronfield, Worksop
This is an exciting career development opportunity for a degree educated and ambitious procurement professional seeking the next step on the ladder within a UK national environment.
Our client has an opportunity for a Site Procurement Manager to take the operational procurement lead for one of its most profitable engineering/production based business units. Successful applicants will be part or fully qualified MCIPS qualified and must have previous experience of capital projects/CAPEX procurement including MRO and Engineering gained within a high safety culture, manufacturing or processing organisation.
Reporting to Plant Operations Senior Executive level on a site basis, with strong links to the HO Procurement team and Senior BU Procurement Manager, you will lead and manage operational procurement activities. Providing a professional, efficient and effective service, you well add value through continually building and developing high performing sourcing and ordering activities. You will also deliver innovative stores processes to reduce working capital. You will manage a small team covering stores and materials control and analysis.
- Procurement at best value with year on year cost reduction
- Ensuring availability of critical spares maintaining high plant availability
- Reducing working capital in stores including consignment stock deals
- Act as the primary interface between the site executive team and shared service procurement, to deliver sourcing initiatives, procurement operational effectiveness and value delivery
- Provide negotiation, commercial and contractual expertise to the business unit on all procurement matters to ensure minimal risk, compliance and cross functional best practice.
- Management of savings delivery and measurement including functional KPI’s and MI reporting to business unit executive team and HO.
- Manage vendor performance, drive compliance to negotiated agreements and deliver value through business unit specific sourcing projects in order to achieve tangible, validated cost savings in line with strategic objectives. This will include compliance to SHE & CSR standards and contractual obligations.
- Build relationships with vendors and stakeholders to drive value around the operational objectives of the business unit.
The Ideal Applicant:
- University degree educated
- Part or fully qualified CIPS
- Extensive experience in a procurement role covering both direct and indirect spend
- Experience ideally gained within a CAPEX, MRO and Engineering categories
- Experience in negotiating, establishing and managing contracts fully
- Effective people management experience ideally of stores, materials and stock control personnel
- Skilled and accurate in drafting tender documents and conditions
- Excellent stakeholder and supplier management skills
- Good judgement and analytical ability
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with awareness of deadlines
- Ability to develop and implement plans to compliment national strategies
- Knowledge of health, safety and environmental requirements, COSHH, waste management.
- Advanced IT skills including Excel and Powerpoint
- Understanding and application of lean tools in a procurement or similar context
Our client offers excellent development and the opportunity to make a real difference in a business that really values its people
SENIOR PROCESS OPTIMISATION ENGINEER - CEMENT
"Excellent opportunity for experienced cement chemical process engineer to join a cement manufacturing plant."
Salary: C£45,000 + Bonus + Benefits
Commutable from: Derbyshire, Cheshire, Manchester, Staffordshire, Macclesfield, Chapel en le Frith, Leek, Stoke on Trent, Stockport, Buxton, Sheffield, Chesterfield, Matlock, Burton on Trent, Ashbourne, Belper, Rotherham, Dronfield, Worksop. Relocation assistance may be considered
This is an exciting career development opportunity for a degree educated and ambitious Chemical Engineer to join the plant optimisation team of a UK market leader within the cement sector.
Reporting to a Site Optimisation Manager and working closely with production, maintenance, project and environmental management colleagues, you will play a key role in developing and leading the optimisation of technical, HSE and quality, environmental and economic performance of the cement operation, whilst ensuring legal compliance.
The main elements of the role are to:
- Leading safety in the Optimisation team, demonstrating a clear commitment to achieving zero harm on the Plant. Ensuring that high safety standards are met, coaching and challenging others to work safely.
- Manage and develop team members; coach and support to develop individual’s technical skills and develop their understanding of the wider business issues relevant to their job.
- Analyse plant technical information on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to advise production, quality, environment, systems and maintenance departments on improvement opportunities.
- Advise production and quality departments on plant running parameters / targets.
- Organise and contribute to the implementation of process inspections (both running and stopped) on main plant as per IPEA guidelines and Plant needs. Report the findings and liaise with relevant departments so that findings and recommendations are followed-up and actions progressed.
- In partnership with production department, develop and update the Standard Operating Procedures for Control Room Operators so that the plant is running at optimum level at all times.
- Contribute to root cause analysis process for stoppages related to process/production issues.
- Contribute to scope definition and then integration on site of capital projects impacting process. Depending on projects, he/she may be in charge of the Operational preparation.
- The role would be expected to cover the Optimisation Manager and any other reasonable duty in relation to the role.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Chemical Engineering / related Degree is ideal or equivalent
- IChemE associated - working towards or willing to attain chartered engineer status.
- NEBOSH qualification or equivalent would be desirable
- 5 years proven experience in the cement process engineering industry is required for this role.
- Candidates with a chemical engineering degree and recent or current in-depth experience as a process engineer or process optimisation engineer role gained within a minerals processing/manufacturing plant may also be considered.
- In-depth knowledge and direct hands on experience of the cement manufacturing process (or minerals processing).
- Strong foundation skills in physics, chemistry, thermodynamics and IT. Strong knowledge of physico-chemical products.
- Waste-derived fuel knowledge and experience such as alternative fuels implementation projects.
- Excellent analytical skills, and ability to deal with complex matters involving a lot of data.
- Strong IT skills, in particular proficient in the use of Pi and MS office packages
- Environmental awareness in relation to developing a positive impact on the business.
- Good knowledge of process control methods and statistical methods for troubleshooting.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Competent to assist the development of production operators to enhance the effectiveness of the process.
- High safety standards and a wide knowledge of Health and Safety management techniques (e.g. Risk Assessments).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Persuasion and influencing skills
Our client offers excellent development and the opportunity to make a real difference in a business that really values its people. Relocation assistance will also be considered.