- Austria (1)
- Belgium (1)
- Czech Republic (1)
- EUROPE (EU) (1)
- East Anglia (1)
- France (1)
- Germany (1)
- Home Based (1)
- Hungary (1)
- Ireland (1)
- Italy (1)
- Midlands East x (5)
- Midlands West (3)
- Netherlands (1)
- North East (1)
- North West (inc. Isle of Man) (3)
- Northern Ireland (1)
- Poland (1)
- Scotland (1)
- South (inc. Isle of Wight) (1)
- South East (inc Home Counties) (1)
- South West (1)
- Spain (1)
- Thailand (1)
- Thames Valley (M4 Corridor) (1)
- Wales (1)
- Yorkshire (inc Humberside) (1)
- Permanent (5)
5 Midlands East Jobs Found
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
MECHANICAL DESIGN/PROJECT CO-ORDINATOR
“Career development role in design and manufacture of bespoke construction products”
Up to £25,000 + Excellent benefits
East/West Midlands border
Commutable from Nuneaton, Tamworth, Atherstone, Dordon, Bedworth, Hinckley, Lichfield, Ashby de la Zouche, Leicester, Coventry, Rugby, Lutterworth, Sutton Coldfield, Coleshill, Cannock, Rugeley, Burton upon Trent, Birmingham, Solihull, Warwick, Leamington Spa.
Our client is a manufacturer of custom fabricated metal construction products to architect and engineer specifications. Each product is unique and manufactured to order. This is a new key role interfacing between the sales and design teams and customers throughout the UK so travel to customer, architect or consultant engineer sites will be essential. Our client is involved in major high-profile long-term UK construction products.
You will be the primary contact during early stage discussions with potential customers and will co-ordinate and facilitate good communication both internally and externally to ensure the initial designs and calculations that support the supply of technically engineered solutions are delivered in a timely manner.
You will ensure that the designs, calculations and quotations that support both engineered sales opportunities and secured contracts for production are accurately tracked, coordinated and progress reported. This includes proactive engagement and chasing of both internal and external resources and stakeholders to ensure compliance. You will also use a new 3D CPQ design package, Configure One, to produce schematic drawings and details for non-engineered projects and opportunities including presentation and discussion with customers at all levels.
The role holder will proactively manage and facilitate the various activities to successfully deliver designs from customer concept through to product on site acting as the point of contact between the team and client, in line with customer and business expectations. You will generate and manage the creation and approval of design concepts and solutions including involvement with new product development.
Main responsibilities are:
• Direct liaison with customers face to face, video or phone to ensure design, calculation and concept needs are met effectively and accurately
• Professionally represent the company during design/site meetings and communicate in a technical manner
• Produce compliant and effective drawings for approval and production using Solidworks and initial proposals using Configure One
• Coordinate design submittals on projects ensuring timely resolutions
• Work from plans and specifications and decipher the correct solution
• Review, negotiate and recommend design changes where appropriate
• Oversee progress of designs and calculations from sales to delivery
• Support the commercial team in creating basic layout information and interpretation of customer designs where appropriate
• This is a development role so you could move up to Designer level in time
The Ideal Candidate:
• Confident with strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Educated to college level in a technical, engineering or mechanical design subject – possibly still studying
• Comfortable with proactive and structured customer interactions
• Organised and comfortable in holding others to task based on quantitative data
• Technical capability and understanding with the ability to use design and project management software
• Knowledge and ability to use 3D CAD design software such as Solidworks and Configure One useful but training provided
• Understanding of stress calculations
• Commercial awareness and creative thinking
• Organised, structured and pro-active
• Problem solving, attention to detail and able to identify mistakes
• Team player with relationship building and influencing skills
• Experience within construction/metal fabrication useful eg, doors, pallet racking, mezzanine floors, access solutions, sheet metal products, etc
• Microsoft skills ie utilize spreadsheets etc to track projects and enquiries
• Driving licence essential. Comfortable with occasional nights away from home
To apply without delay please email your CV quoting reference LX 525459 to firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone 00 44 (0) 1905 381 320 www.martinveasey.com
SENIOR MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
“Aluminium & Stainless-Steel Precision CNC Fabrication & Forming”
C£40-45000 + Bonus + Benefits
East/West Midlands border
Commutable from Nuneaton, Tamworth, Atherstone, Dordon, Bedworth, Hinckley, Lichfield, Ashby de la Zouche, Leicester, Coventry, Rugby, Lutterworth, Sutton Coldfield, Coleshill, Cannock, Rugeley, Burton upon Trent, Birmingham, Solihull, Warwick, Leamington Spa
Our client is part of a growing UK based and FTSE quoted international group that manufactures and assembles specification sales led, high quality architectural products from stainless steel sheet and extruded aluminium. Their products are used in major construction projects large and small in the UK and overseas including shopping centres, airports, supermarkets, railway stations, hospitals, schools, offices, factories, swimming pools, public buildings etc. The product range consists of both standard items and also architect specified bespoke designs delivered on a JIT basis within 7/10 days. So you will be working closely with main contractors and architects during design and construction phases.
The role of Senior Mechanical Design Engineer is a key role. It will encompass the design of bespoke aluminium and stainless-steel products from client design briefs. The manufacturing process entails CNC cutting and forming/press machines, CNC machine centre, welding and crimping, assembly and packing. Key projects will include leading the in-house research and development of completely new product ranges/categories. Also, product currently contracted out for manufacturing in the UK and overseas may be brought back in house. New product development is expected to become a major element of the role as the company grows.
• Using 3D CAD and CRM systems to undertake the design of bespoke and unique solutions from design briefs at enquiry and order stage to include, when required, the design of structural steel sub frames.
• Undertake all estimating, pricing, labour and material costing and specifications.
• To supervise and further train and develop the existing Design Engineer.
• To make recommendations for design changes that will ensure economical design, improve manufacturing efficiency, product quality or performance.
• To lead the research and design of new products, ranges and categories.
• To travel to site when required to assist with product design and feasibility in conjunction with customers and architects.
• Work with Production Manager and Business Development Manager on design, productivity, efficiency, quality, Lean projects, ERP implementation and integration of processes etc.
• Work with external bodies Eg trade associations and suppliers/contractors concerning material specifications and product testing.
• 3D CAD proficiency is essential with Solid Works knowledge preferred or similar software such as AUTOCAD Inventor, Catia or ProEngineer. Experience of Configure One would be highly advantageous.
• Knowledge of sheet metal and extruded aluminium design, fabrication and assembly is useful.
• Graduate calibre qualifications in Design or Engineering including mechanical engineering essential.
• Able to understand a product brief and to design a practical and cost
• Have full lifecycle design experience.
• Ability to carry out detailed structural calculations for steel beams including fixings into concrete slab.
• Understanding of thermal and fire rating for structural steel work.
• To have a full knowledge of fits and clearances required to create a successful assembly.
• Structural knowledge would be useful.
• Happy to travel to customer sites.
Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Design, Mechanical Design Engineer, 3D CAD, AutoCAD Inventor, Solid Edge, CAD, Solid Works, Pro Engineer, Catia, Autodesk Inventor, AutoCAD, Optics, Optical, Optic Design, Assemblies, Design Engineer, Mechanical, design, project, sheet metal, 3d package, components, mechanical, structural calculations, structural stress analysis, structural steel stress analysis
To apply without delay please email your CV in word format, quoting reference LX 525625 to email@example.com Telephone 01905 381 320 www.martinveasey.com
OPERATIONS DIRECTOR – GROCERY RETAIL LOGISTICS OPERATIONS
“3PL Grocery Retail Logistics operations. A fantastic opportunity for experienced grocery logistics professional with excellent multi-site, grocery retail DC operations management expertise to take the lead on high profile retail account”
£Competitive + Car Allowance + Bonus + Benefits
Actual Job Location: Thailand Relocation Assistance Available
Our client is one of the world’s most successful third party logistics service providers with an impressive portfolio of blue chip multinational accounts across a range of industry sectors.
This role is a high profile one, taking the lead in the further development and optimisation of multi –site logistics operations for one of Thailand’s largest grocery retailers.
As an experienced Grocery Logistics Distribution Centre Operations/General Manager/Operations Director, ideally with both 3PL and in-house experience, you will work closely with the client and will take the strategic and operational lead for multiple, semi-automated DC’s in the Bangkok area. You will be responsible for strategic growth, operational development and performance covering both warehousing and transport logistics operations. You will also be responsible for delivering an operational excellence programme across the account. You will also continue to engage and develop an excellent commercial key account focused, client relationship at VP level. The focus will be on the further development and growth of the business, against a stringent SLA and challenging KPI’s. You will lead, coach and develop your team of DC General Managers to create a best in class and high performing country operation.
To succeed in this role, you will be university degree educated, and will perhaps have benefitted from an in-depth management development programme either with a large 3PL or a food/grocery retailer. This will have encompassed a series of operational leadership roles covering both warehousing and transport (including acquisition of a CPC) interspersed with project work culminating in your current or most recent senior operational role, running either one or several large scale multi temperature FMCG retail NDCs or RDCs employing at least 900-1000 + staff, as a DC GM/Regional Manager or Director.
Your 3PL experience will have included extensive contract account management and client stakeholder engagement. Either in house or within a 3PL you will have built upon your project management and continuous improvement skills to reduce costs and increase efficiencies. You may already have been involved in new site openings, through to large scale physical and systems redesigns. This will all have been achieved whilst ensuring that operations remain fully functional delivering high levels of accuracy and on time delivery within a retail DC.
You will be strategic and commercially minded, with experience of shaping strategic plans and implementing cost saving initiatives in complex, large retail FMCG operations. You will possess a track record of operational excellence focused on large multi-site manual and semi-automated warehousing and logistics operations utilising lean CI. You will be experienced in coaching and leading teams through numerous periods of change and growth, producing high performing teams. You will be ambitious, with a track record of successful performance improvement and results delivery, as you build your expertise in this exciting role, to eventually take on a senior executive leadership role at VP level in a developing international market.
The ideal applicant will be university degree educated perhaps in logistics or business or engineering. You will be a high energy, resilient person, with a warm personality and a real passion for developing people and driving a logistics business to succeed. Your talent and development reviews to date will already have earmarked you as a high potential talent.
From an operational perspective you must be adept at running a retail warehousing pick pack and despatch operation as well as a multi drop primary and secondary transport function. In terms of budgetary responsibility my client’s business is big - in the range of £60 million plus revenue so your financial management and planning skills will be excellent. Your attention to detail, self-control and drive will be of the highest levels. You will be comfortable persuading, influencing and presenting at both shop floor and director level internally and externally to the client.
Previous experience of working abroad or extended periods of travel to the Far East or other developing markets will be highly advantageous, but not a prerequisite, however you will need to be able to quickly adapt to a different cultural style and your personal people management and leadership approach will be one that respects loyalty and engenders trust whilst remaining highly results driven and focused on success. In return our client offers a competitive salary (low tax) and benefits such as car, bonus, pension, healthcare and fantastic career development. Relocation assistance will be provided including short term rental support and school fees.
To apply without delay and for a confidential discussion, please send your CV in word format, quoting reference LX 482799 for the attention of Roheela Khan to firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone 00 44 (0) 1905 381 320 www.martinveasey.com
MANUFACTURING & MAINTENANCE ENGINEER – MULTI SKILLED ELECTRICAL, MECHANICAL, PROCESS CONTROL
“Career development opportunity for experienced and ambitious Maintenance Engineer with experience of Total Productive Maintenance (TPM, repairs and modifications to plant and equipment including pneumatics, mechanical, hydraulic and electrical.”
Salary: c£30-35000 + Benefits
Location: Wolverhampton, West Midlands
Commutable from Birmingham, Kidderminster, Stafford, Stone, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Wednesbury, West Bromwich, Edgbaston. Harborne, Stourbridge, Halesowen, Bromsgrove, Lichfield, Tamworth, Stoke on Trent, Telford, Shrewsbury, Droitwich, Redditch, Worcester, Coventry, Warwick, Sutton Coldfield, Coleshill, Stockport, Crewe
Our client is a well-established and respected manufacturer of fixtures, fittings and components both mechanical and electronic in the home and building infrastructure products sector. Customers include national, regional and local DIY chains, trade counters, hardware stores, other manufacturers etc as well as B2C internet sales. Highly acquisitive and experiencing excellent growth, the company is based in brand-new offices, distribution centre and test centre complex in the West Midlands but has operational facilities and subsidiaries nationally and globally.
The Manufacturing & Maintenance Engineer is critical role on site with dual reporting to the Site Operations Manager and working very closely with the Engineering Manager. It would suit an experienced Maintenance Engineer, apprentice trained and qualified in Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) repairs and modifications to plant and equipment including pneumatics, mechanical, hydraulic and electrical. This must include the ability to undertake simple wiring and cabling to 17th edition electrical wiring standards. Someone who can operate independently, proactively, on their own initiative and who is keen to take on full site maintenance responsibility in the future.
- Preparing planned preventative maintenance schedules and coordinating equipment service with OEM’s as required.
- Ensuring that engineering tasks are carried out in a safe and controlled manner and in line with stringent health and safety guidelines.
- Assessment of contractor Risk Assessment and Method Statements (RAMS) and effective operation of contractor permits to work.
- Working closely with the Site Operations Manager and his team across the warehousing, manufacturing, testing and facilities on site to identify and implement safety and efficiency improvements.
- Utilising lean methodologies and specifically 5s to maintain high standards of safety, productivity and housekeeping.
- Maintenance of the TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) programme including undertaking responsive repairs and modifications to a wide range of plant and equipment including pneumatics, mechanical, hydraulic and electric repair work.
- Testing of key safety infrastructure equipment including fire pumps, sprinklers at prescribed intervals and completion of relevant documentation in line with OEM and legal requirements.
- Undertaking routine and basic machine maintenance and servicing liaising with suppliers and machine manufacturers as necessary for assistance.
- Creating and maintaining a critical spares list and stock to maintain operational efficiency and downtime reduction.
- Prioritising and planning work ensuring priority will be given in the event of a breakdown that results in downtime.
- Maintaining and updating all maintenance, servicing and breakdown records.
- Facilities maintenance to ensure buildings, offices and grounds are kept in a suitable condition and dealing with other specialist tradesmen and contractors.
- Project work in the areas of health and safety, continuous improvement and new product introduction.
- Reactive maintenance by finding solutions to problems on own initiative referring to the Production Manager as required.
- Oversee machine and forklift truck service contracts.
- Strong focus on health and safety.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Apprentice trained multi-skilled, mechanical or electrical maintenance engineer with factory production/manufacturing background. ONC or HNC would be useful
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical drawings.
- Experience of lean methodologies including 5S and TPM
- Strong attention to detail to ensure maintenance and repairs are carried out carefully and reliably
- Excellent clear communicator, able to coach and assist machine and equipment operators to safely develop technical and proactive troubleshooting capabilities.
- Calm, resilient, reliable, consistent and most importantly knowledgeable – able to take command of a situation and deliver resolutions swiftly.
- Knowledge of PLC’s, relays etc
- 17th edition electrical qualification useful
- 3 phase 415V electrical knowledge useful
- Computer literacy E.g. maintenance system, Excel, Word etc
To apply without delay please email your CV in word format, quoting reference LX 459220 to email@example.com Telephone 01905 381 320 www.martinveasey.com
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – DECORATIVE INTERIOR & EXTERIOR HARDWARE, FIXTURES & FITTINGS
“Perfect role for aesthetically strong, style conscious and consumer trend focused Product Development Manager. Opportunity to take the full product lifecycle lead from concept to launch, introducing new product categories, working closely with key OEM, Retail & Wholesale Key Accounts, and cross functional colleagues in Marketing, Mechanical Design, Technical, Sales & Manufacturing”
Salary: c£50000 - £60000 plus benefits
Location: West Midlands
Commutable from Birmingham, Kidderminster, Stafford, Stone, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Wednesbury, Stourbridge, Halesowen, Bromsgrove, Lichfield, Tamworth, Stoke on Trent, Telford, Shrewsbury, Droitwich, Redditch, Worcester, Coventry, Warwick, Sutton Coldfield, Coleshill, Stockport, Crewe
This fast growing and acquisitive client wish to strengthen their product offering with a Product Manager responsible for development of new decorative interior and exterior hardware, fixtures and fittings including mechanically engineered products. You will focus on developing and delivering a pipeline of new product development to time scale and product life cycle management for customers, in the OEM housebuilding/construction, building trade and DIY/hardware distribution sectors. This would be within three-year rolling launch plans.
Your experience may have been gained within a Product Management role in one of these sectors or in aligned sectors such as furnishings and other home/domestic products, fixtures and fittings. You will take full ownership and responsibility for your designated product portfolio and will deliver continued commercial success of those products by managing them according to their stage within the product lifecycle. You must have experience of NPD from ‘cradle to grave’.
- Evaluate and co-ordinate product portfolio to evaluate market trends and feedback from customer research to identify gaps in the current product portfolio with a view to superseding existing products and introducing new products and new product category strategies.
- In this respect, work closely with key account clients in OEM, Retail and Distributor Channels and internally with cross functional colleagues in marketing, design and technical, quality, procurement and sales to harness cross functional expertise.
- Be the go-to-person in the business for new product ideas, actively promote this and make yourself available to encourage idea generation across the business.
- Keep abreast of product developments within our client’s specific OEM & Distributor sector and amongst its competitors. Use this intelligence to identify new product opportunities.
- Develop project proposals to be considered for entry into the product development process, paying close attention to cost, price and margin and for projects that merit.progression work closely to the Prince2 product development and Stage Gate processes to deliver products in a timely, high quality and financially compelling manner.
- Monitor project status and communicate to the rest of the business including at Board level.
- Work closely with cross functional colleagues in Marketing, Design & Technical, Manufacturing, Quality, Sales & Commercial to ensure stringent validation approvals against the product design where necessary.
- Monitor the evolving needs of customers and the sales teams to ensure that projects are being treated with the right level of priority at any given time.
- Work with sales, procurement and supply chain to establish initial order quantities and with marketing to deliver a fully featured launch process and collateral and also prepare training material in relation to the new product and ensure it is delivered to all relevant parties.
- In partnership with the sales team and technical teams, stay close to early adopters of new products and gather feedback on experiences of the product feeding back improvements to the design team. Feedback positive comment to the sales and marketing teams to incorporate in pitches/marketing material.
- Conduct a ground up review of the product portfolio understanding the detail and intricacies of the range. Rationalise legacy and obsolete products, classify remaining products and create an action plan for each by revisiting features and benefit and re-launch to the sales force or investigate opportunities for VAVE or replacement.
- Build a category development strategy for the product portfolio and manage all products accordingly including looking for opportunities to reduce the size of the portfolio, categorise & bundle product ranges, review opportunities for VAVE, re-energise products by modernising packaging, manage changeovers and ensure terminated products are sold off profitably.
- Create excitement across the business when stock is available in order that the products are more likely to be talked about to customers by the sales team.
- Be fully involved with colleagues in Marketing to deliver fully featured product launch.
Undertake all training of sales/commercial colleagues so that they are fully au fait with product specifications, features and benefits.
- Educated to degree level with a strong track record in product management, ideally but not exclusively, gained within the mechanical hardware/components sector focussing on OEM housebuilding, construction, building trade, DIY/hardware sectors or similarly aligned sectors such as larger home furnishings, double glazing, windows, doors, security systems, kitchens, bathrooms, tiling flooring, garden furniture, architectural or other metal products.
- Aesthetically strong, style conscious and very experienced in analysing and evaluating consumer and market trends in home décor, furnishings and fittings, translating them into fantastic new products.
- Must have experience of NPD from concept to launch as well as product portfolio
- management and product lifecycle management through to termination. This is not a pure marketing or design role however you will be working closely with colleagues in Marketing and Design.
- Must include experience of undertaking VAVE/Value Analysis and Value Engineering to ensure that products can realistically be designed and developed and launched into the market at price points which meet market requirements and profit margin targets.
- May have experience of new packaging design and categorisation of products into compelling product bundles for customers.
- Prince 2 Practitioner preferred or experienced in similar project stage gate management methodology.
- Strong strategic analysis and planning skills and an impressive portfolio of new product development from concept to launch.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Comfortable working in a matrix management environment. Experienced in presenting value propositions to senior executive level both internally and externally with key account clients.
- Experience of working with design and manufacturing colleagues in both the UK and potentially the Far East/Internationally.