- Permanent (4)
4 Midlands East Jobs Found
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
PR & MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR -B2B
“Newly created opportunity for degree educated journalism and PR focused marketing communications professional to support three business units specialising in the construction/building/architectural materials, industrial flooring, access solutions and fire protection products/solutions sector.”
C£25-30000 + Benefits
Commutable from: Birmingham, Coventry, Warwick, Nuneaton, Atherstone, Bedworth, Rugby, Kenilworth, Leamington Spa Sutton Coldfield, Lichfield, Dordon, Coleshill, Stratford on Avon, Leicester, Rugby, Bromsgrove, Lichfield, Tamworth, Hinckley, Ashby de la Zouche
Our client is a market leader in access, secure entry and fire protection solutions to the industrial and retail construction projects sector working with architects, consulting engineers, specifiers and main construction contractors.
This is a newly created position to support our client's growth plans for its range of bespoke, solutions in the UK market. As a result of acquisition and merger they would like to appoint a PR & Marketing Communications Coordinator to work closely with the Divisional Marketing Manager in the delivery of the PR/Public Relations and marketing communications strategy and plan for the UK business. At least 90% of the role will be focused on PR/Public Relations and the associated content creation including writing press releases, case studies and technical sales support collateral for the three businesses and their sales teams. Therefore, this role will suit someone with a flair for writing and a track record of producing PR material and content.
- Work with the sales teams across the three businesses to develop PR & marketing communications activities, optimising synergies where possible and driving PR & marketing communications initiatives through to completion.
- Support the sales team and their lead generation activities with the production of PowerPoint and CPD presentations to support major specification sales project bids and tenders.
- Maintain and add to the content on all three company websites.
- Implement effective SEO techniques to improve organic search results.
- Maintain social media presence across the different channels (in particular Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and YouTube)
- Design and create print ready artwork for adverts, exhibition graphics, brochures and case studies and CPD presentations
- Produce/write copy for the website(s), including technical data sheets, CPDs, case studies, blogs, news, brochures and email marketing campaigns.
- Organise all aspects of exhibition attendance including stand planning, booking and creation of exhibition graphics and promotional materials.
- Manage the creation of technical articles and maintain regular contact with relevant trade press editors and trade bodies to ensure coverage.
- Write and circulate press releases.
- Set up and manage advertising campaigns including social media and industry trade bodies
- Monitor website performance.
- Organise customer events from venue booking, content planning and invitation through to follow up.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role in B2B Public Relations and Marketing Communications, and will preferably have a relevant journalism or marketing degree. This may be supplemented with a Chartered Institute of Marketing qualification or Post Graduate studies/training in journalism and/or public relations, creative writing, digital strategy and marketing communications. You will be a self-motivated team player with the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Experience of working closely with commercial sales/specification sales teams, in a PR and marketing communications role, within the B2B sector.
- Evidence/portfolio of strong copy writing skills for online and offline content including case studies, CPDs, articles, press releases, advertorials and blogs
- Experience of using Adobe InDesign and Photoshop, knowledge of Adobe Illustrator an advantage
- Knowledge of content management system (ideally WordPress) very useful
- Experience of using CRM system
- Experience of managing social media channels
- Experience of organising exhibitions and events
- A positive ‘Can-do’ attitude with a hands-on approach within a dynamic high growth business.
- Confident personality, able to influence and work in partnership with senior stakeholders such as the Sales Director, Managing Director and Sales/Commercial teams in relation to PR and marketing plans.
- Ambitious and keen to develop a career in PR and Marketing Communications.
OPERATIONS MANAGER – PRODUCTION
“Transformational change and leadership role for university degree educated Engineering professional, with lean, CI & Six Sigma experience required to manage specification sales led production and assembly operation. Experience of sheet metal CNC forming, pressing and welding processes advantageous”
Salary: £50-60000 (Dependent on Experience) + Bonus & Benefits
Commutable from Nuneaton, Tamworth, Atherstone, Dordon, Bedworth, Hinckley, Lichfield, Ashby de la Zouche, Leicester, Coventry, Rugby, Lutterworth, Sutton Coldfield, Coleshill, Cannock, Rugeley, Burton upon Trent, Birmingham, Solihull, Warwick, Leamington Spa
Our client is a market leader in the specifications sales led manufacture and supply of mechanical security and service access solutions to the industrial and commercial sector including hotels, airports, shopping centres, high rise buildings, hotels, rail/underground, hospitals/care homes, university student accommodation, commercial and residential developments, interior design and fit out sector. Our client’s sales team works closely with architects, specifiers and main contractors.
Following a recent restructure and ambitious growth plans, our client is now seeking an Engineering graduate for the role of Operations Manager – Production. The successful candidate will be responsible for transformational change and leadership within this make to order production and assembly operation. The ideal candidate will have previous experience of lean, CI and Six Sigma in order to strategically develop and enhance production capability to meet increased order numbers, improve operational output and performance.
The production facility consists of sheet metal CNC cutting and forming/press machines, CNC machine centre, welding, painting, assembly and packing. Orders are supplied nationally and internationally. Whilst experience of sheet metal operations would be advantageous it is not a prerequisite however candidates must be champions of best in class health and safety within high performing lean CI production and assembly environments.
You will undertake a strategic review and analysis, working with senior executives at group and divisional level, in order to develop the best operational model for our client for now, the medium and long term in line with anticipated forward demand and sales growth. As Operations Manager- Production you will progressively improve production capacity, introduce additional shifts, further up skill and develop the team to ensure succession planning as the operation grows. The focus will be on establishing the foundations and continuously improving to achieve best in class production and assembly. You will manage the whole production and assembly operation from end to end.
⦁ Manage and develop the production, maintenance and engineering functions.
⦁ Manage the production performance, planning and day to day running of the production and assembly operation
⦁ A “hands on” manager prepared to lead from the front with a ‘’get it done” attitude.
⦁ Drive a strong ‘’safety first’’ culture
⦁ Ensure customer orders are fulfilled in full and on time and within stringent service level agreements.
⦁ Transform performance through implementation of best practice processes and continuous improvement tools.
⦁ Uses established operational tools – lean, six sigma, and world class manufacturing techniques to deliver best in class performance on productivity, machinery utilisation, waste and OTIF.
⦁ Adherence to Quality standards
⦁ Primary safety leader of the production operation; directing all activities of the operation to ensure customer needs are met as well as efficient production, ensuring Health & Safety and Quality standards are met and maintained.
⦁ Ensures that delivery lead times are within policy to achieve OTIF targets.
⦁ Reviews weekly/ monthly/ quarterly production forecasting and scheduling and maintenance activities of the overall operation.
⦁ Responsible for income and expense related activities and performance
⦁ Responsible for all inventory, including raw material, work in progress and finished goods, and related values and Kanban replenishment of same.
The Ideal Candidate:
⦁ University degree in Engineering/Manufacturing.
⦁ Experienced in the application of lean operational excellence, CI & Six Sigma tools – green or black belt.
⦁ At least 5-7 years previous manufacturing/production and assembly operations management experience,
⦁ Track record of success as a transformational change agent and leader.
⦁ Significant experience as a people manager and good leadership, management and supervisory skills required.
⦁ Evidence of coaching and mentoring essential.
⦁ Able to drive a strong safety culture.
⦁ Proven track record in problem solving, process development, and directing engineering projects to improve the equipment and technology.
⦁ Previous financial analysis and P & L management experience.
⦁ Experience implementing Quality Management Systems.
⦁ Experience of implementing ERP and production planning systems.
⦁ Efficiency driven- monitoring output and management of raw materials.
⦁ Accomplished communicator.
⦁ Target driven – production, inventory levels/ forecasting
⦁ Excellent time management.
⦁ Strong organisation skills. A structured, systematic and logical thinker.
⦁ Must be able to prioritise and manage customer requirements, working closely with colleagues in sales, logistics and customer service.
⦁ Strong analytical and computer literacy skills especially Excel and PowerPoint
⦁ Confident and experienced in business case presentation, persuasion and influencing at senior stakeholder/executive level.
To apply, without delay, please email your CV in word format, quoting reference J13632.
PLANT GENERAL MANAGER
“Excellent transformational change management role for Chemical Engineer/Engineering professional with track record of people development, engagement and continuous improvement in an Industrial Processing Environment.”
C£Very Competitive + Car Allowance, Bonus & Benefits & Relocation Assistance
Commutable Locations: Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Staffordshire, Derbyshire, Cheshire, Yorkshire, West Midlands, Shropshire, Greater Manchester, Humberside
Our client is a global market leader within the industrial processing sector and operates a number of plants in the UK.
Due to dynamic growth our client is now seeking an Engineering degree educated Plant General Manager to take the lead at three strategic sites located. Candidates currently working within the heavy engineering/industrial processing industries would be particularly interesting.
This is a high-profile leadership role, focused on ensuring continuous improvement of health and safety and operational efficiency. You will manage a highly experienced and loyal team, further developing and instilling a zero-harm culture, and the technical competencies and behaviours required to achieve and sustain world class standards for the manufacture of our client’s product which is exported globally and utilised for a wide range of industry applications.
The successful candidate will therefore demonstrate a high profile and visible leadership style, and a track record of transformational change management and people development, engagement and motivation against a backdrop of a “best in class”, operational development programme. Ideally this experience will have been gained within a blue-chip multinational environment renowned for its world class/leading edge standards in terms of operational performance, people development, change management and leadership - an "employer of choice".
The ideal applicant will possess current and previous site leadership and manufacturing operational management experience gained within a fast-moving, lean processing, high customer service focused heavy engineering/industrial processing environment will be a prerequisite. The sites are unionised so excellent, well-honed ER skills are essential.
The primary purpose of the roles is to be responsible for optimizing labour; safety on site; material and equipment resources to maximize production capability and meet customer expectations with excellent quality and service. We are seeking people with experience of turnaround/transformation, people development, technical skills transfer, retention and management as part of a talent development and succession planning programme, continuously improving and developing such operations as the sites take on increased customer volumes both in the UK and in the export market.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Must be University degree educated in Engineering – Chemical Engineering would be particularly advantageous.
- Consistent career history in blue chip multinational environments
- High profile leadership experience in a Plant/Site Operations. Worked at Plant/Factory Manager Level.
- Track record of people development, technical skills transfer, retention and management, employee engagement, change and continuous improvement leading to best in class OEE and safety standards
- Experience in Project Management, business and systems analysis highly advantageous but people management, development and succession planning within a long established and highly skilled processing environment will be critical to success.
- Plant, Site or Factory multi functional operations leadership experience must have been gained within heavy industrial processing sector
- Experienced Lean or Continuous Improvement champion with track record of excellent team development and engagement to deliver continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated experience of cross functional and multi-level interaction and working in a matrix organization.
- Ideally experience of working within high volume / target driven manufacturing environment.
- Led & achieved results in UK or pan-European, multi-single site, managing cross functionally within blue-collar sites.
- Experience of leading and managing employee relations at a senior level through continuous improvement within best in class operations.
- Proven skills and capabilities in leadership, communication, capability, collaboration and problem solving.
- Excellent experience of the Budgeting process and CAPEX business case approval process.
- Project Management qualification highly advantageous.
- Knowledge and use of Lean/Six Sigma.
- PC Literate. Particularly strong Excel skills.
- Resilient, driven, results focused personality - a high achiever.
PROJECT PURCHASING MANAGER – LARGE CAPITAL INVESTMENT PROJECT
C£45000 + Car Allowance, Pension & Benefits
Location: East Midlands
Commutable from Leicester, Loughborough, Melton Mowbray, Coalville, Kegworth, Long Eaton, Swadlincote, Ashby de la Zouch, Hinckley, Wigston, Market Harborough, Burton on Trent, Derby, Beeston, West Bridgford, Ilkeston, Nottingham, Lutterworth, Bedworth, Oakham, Uppingham, Stamford
Our client is a national market leader, part of a global multinational. They are currently undertaking a major capital investment programme to upgrade one of its flagship sites. They are now seeking an experienced Project Purchasing Manager to work with the capital project team to support the delivery of this major investment programme. Following completion of the project there may be opportunities on other large multi-year contracts or other procurement-based career development opportunities with our client
As Project Purchasing Manager you will create, implement and deliver sourcing strategies and supplier management across all aspects of this very high-profile project. You will be responsible for managing and supporting capital procurement for the project whilst ensuring compliance and adherence with central strategic procurement guidelines.
- Deliver cost reductions to targets
- Management of multi million-pound procurement budget
- End to end control of the procurement process
- Project management and project ownership with involvement in stage gate reviews
- Monitoring and improving supplier performance
- Collaborating with other internal functions
- Interfacing between central procurement and the Project Team
- Attendance of project procurement meetings
- Administering contract terms and conditions
- Involvement in the change management process
- Supporting internal functions with supplier related issues (as the first point of contact)
- Negotiating with suppliers and key stakeholders
- Sourcing and procurement planning
The Successful Applicant
- Graduate calibre with MCIPS qualification advantageous
- Significant capital projects procurement experience gained within an engineering or manufacturing environment
- Mature and professional approach, able to operate autonomously as a procurement specialist with key project and plant stakeholders
- Strong project management experience
- Excellent budgetary management and commercial acumen
- Excellent contracting, legal and compliance knowledge
- Supplier management experience
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills