We can recruit candidates who are flexible and adaptable to assist with resource gaps, business transformation, executive mentoring and start-up situations.
From time to time companies will face a challenge that requires someone with experience in a specific area. If the relevant experience does not already exist within the organisation then an interim executive can be a cost-effective way of bringing in the right skills to meet that challenge.
Interim executives come from a diverse range of industry sectors and have the flexibility and adaptability to understand an organisation and the way it functions within a short space of time. They will work with the senior management team to ensure that all key players have a clear vision of how to meet their shared goal. In many cases, once a project has been completed under the aegis of an interim executive, that person will maintain a watching brief to ensure that any on-going issues can be dealt with efficiently and effectively.
The benefits of an interim executive can be summarised as an excellent value, low risk approach using a professional manager who offers a high level of commitment and experience for a fixed term and at a known cost. The need to urgently fill short-gaps in senior management can be created by a host of situations from unforeseen departures to business turnaround, project management or merger and acquisition.
- Key Projects
- Resource Gap
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Business Continuity
- Business Turnaround & Restructuring
- Business Transformations
- Change & Culture Management
- Crisis Management
- Executive Mentoring
- Special Expertise
- IT Systems Implementation
- Start-up Situations
We can supply interim executives to:
- Supplement and strengthen a senior leadership team
- Provide specialist expertise and experience for a specific period of time
- Define strategy, execute or accelerate and implement a project or initiative
- Replace key managers who may have left during the acquisition process
- Develop and build a new business division and its team
We have the expertise to find the right individual for your business whether it be on an interim or permanent basis. We can supply experienced senior managers and leaders for assignments from 3-12 months onward.
If you need support with an interim vacancy, find out how Martin Veasey Talent Solutions can support you here.
INTERIM QUALITY MANAGER – MECHANICAL, METAL AND ELECTRONIC PRODUCTS
“Career development opportunity for ambitious customer focused quality manager to drive operational quality for a diverse range of in house manufactured and third party sourced products.”
Salary: c£45000 (Pro Rata) + Excellent Benefits
Location: Wolverhampton, West Midlands
Commutable from Birmingham, Kidderminster, Stafford, Stone, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Wednesbury, West Bromwich, Edgbaston. Harborne, Stourbridge, Halesowen, Bromsgrove, Lichfield, Tamworth, Stoke on Trent, Telford, Shrewsbury, Droitwich, Redditch, Worcester, Coventry, Warwick, Sutton Coldfield, Coleshill, Stockport, Crewe
Our client is a well-established and respected manufacturer of fixtures, fittings and components both mechanical and electronic in the home and building infrastructure products sector. Customers include national, regional and local DIY chains, trade counters, hardware stores, other manufacturers etc as well as B2C internet sales. Highly acquisitive and experiencing excellent growth, the company is based in brand-new offices, distribution centre and test centre complex in the West Midlands but has operational facilities and subsidiaries nationally and globally.
This is an interesting Interim (to Permanent) opportunity for a Quality Manager. Reporting to the Manufacturing and Technical Director. You will drive and develop quality management capability, cultural quality behaviour and operational quality effectiveness. You will manage day to day operational quality activities focused on delivering effective resolution, preventative measures, and the exploitation of continuous improvement opportunities throughout our client’s head office, sales, manufacturing, next day logistics operations and all sourced product groups. The focus will be on resolving issues involving both products and service. You will drive and develop operational quality activities, ensuring the effective management of customer complaint investigation, preventative action implementation, effective handling of incoming and returned product inspection and quality management support to manufacturing operations.
- Promote and maintain best practice for safety, health and environmental factors throughout all Quality operations, and facilitate the development of the safety culture within the quality management team.
- Establish, maintain and develop appropriate quality management systems and procedures, commensurate with the company’s objectives, ensuring continued accreditation to BS EN ISO 9001
- Provision of management system expertise and support for safety, environmental and resilience management systems.
- Implement appropriate analytical measures for the prevention of defects, process improvement and business quality performance.
- Lead the management of product and operational performance related customer complaints, from initial receipt acknowledgement, through containment and corrective action, to resolution, including on-site support, where appropriate, using 8D methodology.
- Remotely facilitating and coordinating 8D activities with overseas sourcing operations and supply chain.
- Effective management of operational quality activities, including appropriate AQL inspection of incoming products & materials, product returns handling, including investigation, trend analysis and appropriate final resolution with relevant external parties.
- Drive the quality management of manufacturing activities, embedding quality assured processes and the provision of appropriate quality surveillance within production operations.
- Provision of support to the sourcing team for evaluation and qualification of new suppliers, and continuous improvement activities with existing suppliers.
- Support Production Engineering in process development, equipment selection, and process flow activities within manufacturing operations.
- Coordinate quality management planning for new product introductions and product modifications.
- Provide coaching to develop quality awareness and cultural improvement
- Management of a small team of Quality Engineers.
- Effective management QMS auditing.
- Producing monthly reports, including KPI’s & Trend Analysis.
- Creating Standard Operating Procedures for relevant activities.
- Producing Product Quality Plans & associated documentation and corrective and preventative action reports.
The Ideal Applicant:
- Prefer trained QMS auditor with six sigma qualifications
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a customer focused quality role, ideally within a manufacturing environment, serving retail, wholesale, trade or consumers.
- Highly customer focused with excellent customer relations skills and ability to bring issues to a satisfactory conclusion.
- High level of proficiency with MSOffice applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Proficient with FMEA process
- Familiar with a design culture and able to read CAD / technical drawings
- Experience leading problem-solving processes and use of quality tools
- Excellent team working & verbal and written communication skills