Purchasing, Procurement and Sourcing Recruitment
It’s our knowledge, network and resourcefulness that makes the difference
Get in Touch A Few Kind Words Place a Vacancy
With more and more organisations looking to streamline their processes to optimise profits, the demand for proven professionals has never been greater. That’s where our three decades of purchasing, procurement and sourcing recruitment expertise really comes into its own.
First we’ll interrogate your unique business challenges, whether that’s sourcing raw materials for manufacture or securing professional services. Then we’ll develop a recruitment strategy that will quickly put you in touch with the sharpest minds in procurement and purchasing. Before you know it you’ll be cutting costs and eliminating risk in a way that’s responsible, repeatable and reliable.
Here are just a few reasons why we’re trusted to deliver in this sector:
- Our client portfolio spans blue chip and SMEs across the globe, which is why you’ll find our candidates in over 43 countries.
- Our candidates are proven at delivering long-term sustainability in a short space of time and are equally at home sourcing from around the world as they are in the UK.
- Our proven experience in recruiting purchasing, procurement and sourcing executives runs in parallel with our experience of recruitment within the supply chain sector as a whole.
- Thanks to our proactive approach to recruitment we already have a global talent pool of purchasing professionals, with many more leading candidates also on our radar.
If you’re looking for a role in purchasing and procurement be sure to check out our latest vacancies or ping us your CV.
In their own words
“Martin Veasey Talent Solutions for me are different to many other recruitment agencies as they provide a very personable service for their prospective candidates. They very much practice what they preach! When I first my Roheela for my initial interview it felt very much like an interview with the company. She was very knowledgeable about the job role but also about the business and the team I would be working in, their culture and more specifically the management team and their personality profiles and where I could fit into the business. This really helped me prepare for the interview in the correct way but also gave me an understanding of whether I felt I could fit into the team, which from a candidate point of view is actually very important if you are looking long term. The level of detail provided about the role was also second to none and the role has lived up to the expectation set out at the start. All in all I would recommend Roheela and Martin Veasey Talent Solutions to any of my network if looking for the next step in their career."
– Category Manager, Construction Sector
Role up, role up
Here are just some of the purchasing and procurement positions we’ve filled for our UK and international clients over the years. Unable to see the role you’re looking for? Don’t worry, just get in touch and we’ll see how we can help.
- Procurement Analysts
- Supply Managers
- Purchasing Managers
- Procurement Excellence
- Category Buyers
- Category Managers
- Commodity Managers
- Sourcing Specialists
- Supplier Development Managers
- P2P Specialists
- EPC Procurement
- Head of Procurement
- Head of Purchasing
- Supply Chain Director
- Procurement Director
- Vice President Procurement
- Chief Procurement Officer
We have recruited in a range of industry sectors including:
- Chemical & Natural Resources
- Construction & Building Materials
- Consultancy & Outsourcing
- Drinks/Beverage Production
- FMCG & Food Processing
- Health & Beauty
- Health Care & Medical Devices
- Logistics & Supply Chain
- Mining & Minerals
- Pharmaceutical & Life Sciences
- Service Industries
- Utilities & Nuclear Power
Let’s get down to details
From graduate to boardroom, interim to permanent, UK to international, we’ll uncover the best active and passive talent out there. Salaries in this sector generally range from £40,000-£120,000+.
Put our Recruitment Solutions to the test:
- Executive Search and Headhunting
- Advertised Selection
- Fast-track Contingency/Database Search
- International, Multiple Role and Team Recruitment
Take advantage of our HR and Talent Management services:
- Psychometric Testing
- Career and Executive Coaching
- Talent and Strategy Planning
Intrigued? Let’s talk
To find out how our tried, tested and trusted insight and innovation can deliver you the brightest purchasing and procurement talent call 01905381320 or email email@example.com.
Get in Touch A Few Kind Words Place a Vacancy
For more information please click on the links below to read one of our blog articles or download a report or guide.
What Brexit Has in Store for Your Procurement Team
Is Your Procurement CV Still Fit For Purpose?
Purchasing & Procurement: Career Path and Salaries
Reports and Guides
How to Create a Development Plan for Your Purchasing, Procurement and Sourcing Employees
Head of Procurement
"Excellent opportunity for procurement professional with track record in stakeholder engagement and transformational change".
£65-70000 Car/Allowance Excellent Benefits Package
Cambridgeshire (Hybrid/Remote with National Remit).
Are you an experienced procurement professional looking for a challenging role?
Our client, a major supplier of agricultural products and equipment, is currently recruiting for a Head of Procurement to join their team based in, Cambridgeshire. This is a newly created role, and you will be ably supported by an experienced Buyer. The successful candidate will create a unified procurement strategy and system across the entire business, for indirect spend/GNFR, consisting of multiple sites in the UK.
In recent years, the company has purchased several other businesses around the UK, each with its own localised procurement function. As you can imagine, it isn't an efficient system with fluctuations in price, quality, and delivery at each site.
So, this role has been created to build a centralised procurement system from the ground up. As each site was previously a stand-alone business, they all have historical, ingrained systems, so your key challenge will be to transition them all to a central system with new procedures. As such, your change-management and negotiation skills will be heavily used.
A large part of your success will be in building relationships with each site manager, understanding their preferred suppliers, and delivering detailed training, coaching, and mentoring on your new system.
Our client expects you will be degree and qualified in a relevant discipline and have substantial experience in leading a procurement function in a multi-site, matrix environment. CIPS ideally to level 6 or equivalent would be advantageous. Experience with SAP will also be a huge plus.
Although this is a UK-wide role, you should live within commuting distance of Huntingdon as you will be expected to visit the head office periodically.
So, if you are up for the challenge and believe you possess the necessary skills and experience to excel in this role, we would love to hear from you!
Senior Technical Buyer
"Your Chance to Overhaul and Improve Our Client's Machined Components Supply Chain"
C£45000 Benefits including Relocation Assistance
Dorset - Relocation Assistance Available
Are you an experienced technical buyer with a drive for continuous improvement and a background in engineering? Do you have the skills and experience to navigate the challenges of purchasing machined components for highly regulated industries? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you to make a tangible difference in our client's success.
The company operates in the oil and gas sector, supplying customers worldwide. They are currently looking for a highly motivated Senior Technical Buyer to join the growing team. This is a brand-new role, and as such, you will have the unique opportunity to shape their purchasing processes and develop a supply chain to help them achieve new levels of efficiency. Their order book is bulging, and they must expand their supplier base to cope with future demand.
Key responsibilities include:
* Creating a robust RFQ system to avoid unexpected costs arising.
* Order placement ensuring all items align with specifications, quality standards, delivery requirements, and costs.
* Conducting supplier audits to provide the highest level of compliance.
* Identifying and developing new suppliers based on capability, quality, lead time, and price.
* Engaging in technical discussions with suppliers, covering various aspects such as materials, processes, dimensions, tolerances, finishes, and more.
* Evaluating supplier performance based on on-time delivery, quality, price, and other key metrics, while publishing insightful KPI data.
* Investigating NCR issues with the quality team to determine root causes and implementing corrective actions.
* Potential to investigate low-cost country sourcing and develop an international supply chain.
The ideal candidates for this role will be able to demonstrate:
* A strong engineering background, ideally in mechanical or manufacturing engineering.
* Proven experience purchasing machined components for highly regulated industries, such as oil and gas, aerospace, or automotive.
* A solid understanding of quality assurance and regulatory compliance.
* Excellent interpersonal skills to work closely with engineers and suppliers, seamlessly blending technical expertise with commercial acumen.
* A proven track record of achieving cost savings, efficiency improvements, and supplier performance enhancements.
* Experience in international supplier management and global sourcing strategies.
What's in It for You?
* A competitive salary and benefits package.
* Relocation assistance to the beautiful county of Dorset.
* The chance to grow and progress within a forward-thinking organisation.
* The opportunity to make a real difference in shaping the future of their supply chain operations.
* The satisfaction of contributing to the success of a company that values innovation and excellence.
* A collaborative and supportive company culture that inspires teamwork and promotes continuous development.
If you're excited about the prospect of joining their team and taking on the challenge of the Senior Technical Buyer role, don't hesitate - apply today!
Purchasing & Supply Chain Manager
£45-50000 + Bonus + Excellent Benefits
Worcestershire (On Site)
Are you an experienced Purchasing & Supply Chain Manager looking for a different challenge? Our client, a division of a global manufacturer of interior design products, is looking for a talented individual to lead their small purchasing team from their site in Worcestershire.
From this UK site, the company manages all the new product development and purchasing for each of the group's sites worldwide. It sits between all the business units and the manufacturers.
This is a pure purchasing role, so no logistics experience is required. So, as Purchasing & Supply Chain Manager, you will need to liaise with each global site to determine their future demand. Then you will negotiate the best commercial terms possible with the multiple contract manufacturers in the Far East. Plus, your skills in vendor appraisal will also be used to source additional suppliers from Taiwan to manage future demand.
Our client is looking for a talented purchasing and supply chain manager with prior experience in the manufacturing industry and who understands the nuances of Far East or lower cost country sourcing. With all the customers being internal, there can be a temptation to relax customer-service standards. But you will be expected to provide exceptional customer service as if dealing with external clients.
You must also have managerial experience as there is a small team to lead. Our client requires degree-qualified candidates who have achieved CIPS Level 4 minimum.
This is an office-based role from our client's base in Worcestershire, so they will only consider candidates within commuting distance.
So, if you'd like to challenge yourself with this fascinating role, please indicate your interest by emailing your CV, quoting reference LX1324649 or calling us on 01905 381 320.
CATEGORY SPECIALIST - FUEL ASSEMBLIES, PRECISION ENGINEERING & PROCESS TECHNOLOGY
"Exciting role for ambitious procurement specialist with experience of supporting £multimillion product design and development projects."
£Very Competitive (Dependent Upon Experience) Blue Chip Benefits Package
Location: North West
Our client is a global multinational. They are seeking an ambitious and creative, strategic Category Specialist/Senior Buyer with experience of Fuel Assembly Systems, Precision Engineering and Process Technology for a key innovation project. Initially this role is offered on an interim 18 months -2 years contract.
Specifically, as Category Specialist/Senior Buyer, you will provide commercial procurement support to the project, product design and development teams with a view to taking new product innovation from cradle to grave, ideation and concept development to market launch. Ideally you must have experience of procurement contract management including intellectual property within the context of product development.
You will be a university degree educated strategic category and procurement management professional with experience of precision engineering equipment including fuel assemblies and systems, precision engineering and automated process technology.
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced individual who can contribute to the development of our client's procurement capability within this key innovation project.
You will be skilled at working collaboratively cross functionally and internationally and will be able to add significant value and in a regulated environment, whilst still ensuring that the product reaches market within stringent launch deadlines.
· Delivery of new strategic procurement options for the fuel assembly systems, precision engineering and process technology categories in support of the project
· Category development and delivery, setting out the value drivers for the categories and the roadmap of actions for delivery in support of the project.
· Commercial interface with all stakeholders within the project both internally and externally ensuring technical and regulatory compliance;
· Detailed risk analysis of the supply chain and asset base to establish a demand pipeline and to drive value delivery in support of the project.
· Shaping and management of supplier relationships to ensure value is delivered, risk is mitigated, and regulatory compliance objectives are met.
· Management and development of robust business partner relationships will be critical to success in the role. You will be expected to leverage experience of procurement strategy and delivery in your field of expertise to build these relationships. The strength of your relationship will enable you to confidently challenge business partners to think and act differently, to be creative and open to new ideas and to explore new supply chain possibilities.
· Experience of influencing and shaping contracts, supplier relationships and contract management will ensure you deliver the expected business benefits from the spend you are managing.
· Contribution to the development of the Procurement function's capability bringing experience of best practice from other industries and employers.
The Ideal Person will possess the following qualifications, experience, skills and competencies:
§ A university degree and ideally CIPS (or equivalent) qualification
§ Experience of working across global operations or multi-site environments and a keen sense of cultural awareness.
§ Experience ideally gained within commercial procurement in automotive, aerospace, defence, energy storage, power generation, oil and gas or related alternative technology sectors would be highly advantageous. Candidates with pharmaceutical sector, procurement experience in the context of product innovation would also be considered.
§ Understanding of the nuances of Fuel Assembly Systems, Precision Engineering and Automated Process Technology contracts, intellectual property and knowledge and skill in the development of category specific contracts which secure value for our client and mitigate risk as much as possible.
§ A proven track record in value delivery, improvement activity and best practice development in Fuel Assembly Systems, Precision Engineering and Process Technology procurement.
§ Understanding Fuel Assembly Systems, Precision Engineering and Process Technology markets, suppliers and technologies and how to leverage them for value for our client
§ Building Fuel Assembly Systems, Precision Engineering and Process Technology sub-category and category strategies to describe how value will delivered in the short, medium and long term
§ Negotiating with Fuel Assembly Systems, Precision Engineering and Process Technology suppliers to drive the right commercial and contractual outcomes
§ Building relationships internally and externally to enable you to be successful in your role and to contribute to the development of our client as a world-class procurement organisation
Procurement Officer - Social Housing Sector
Are you a talented and experienced procurement professional who has worked in the social housing or care home sector?
We are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic and experienced Procurement Officer to join our client's social housing organisation. In this role, you will be responsible for procuring a wide range of products and services across the business, adhering to UK public sector procurement regulations. As such, you should have significant experience in public sector procurement and preferably have worked in either the social housing or care home sectors.
This is a fascinating and varied role with the opportunity for you to work across the business and play a leading part in many different projects. For example, you will conduct market research and engage with vendors to establish best-in-class procurement strategies. You will also negotiate post-tender clarifications and draft acceptance letters and contract documentation with support from the Procurement Manager.
You will also prepare project briefs/business cases for review by management, outlining the proposed strategy and rationale. Plus, you should be able to forecast demand while providing assurance around commercial and compliance risks. Therefore, it is essential that you are agile with a proactive approach and organised in your approach to work while adhering to timescales.
Additionally, our client is looking for someone who can demonstrate the following:
* Member of CIPS
* Ability to quickly build trust and influence at all levels of an organisation.
* Analytical approach to problem-solving.
* An ability to work to organisational deadlines and KPIs
* Creative and keen to try new ideas and approaches
* Able to build effective relationships with suppliers and stakeholders
* Confident using full Office 365 suite with good knowledge of Adobe suite.
* Previous experience using e-procurement, including P2P and Sourcing
Group Procurement Manager - Social Housing
Are you an experienced public sector procurement professional with a proven record of success in social housing or care home sectors? Do you have a head for innovation and a passion for driving value through effective, compliant procurement?
If so, then our client has the perfect opportunity for you. They are a well-established social housing provider with thousands of homes across multiple boroughs in West London. As part of their future plans, they are now looking to appoint a Procurement Manager to lead their procurement operations across the organisation. As part of this role, you will be responsible for:
* Setting the strategic direction of their commercial and procurement activities.
* Planning and supporting day-to-day operations.
* Identifying opportunities to reduce costs and ensure service quality improvement.
* Implementing best practice procurement techniques.
Specifically, you will lead the procurement contracts covering ongoing maintenance and repairs, kitchen/bathroom refurbishments, and general property upgrades. As such, you must understand and have experience dealing with public sector purchasing procedures such as JCT contracts.
In addition, you will also be responsible for internal procurement within the business, for example, IT and office equipment.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience in public sector procurement and a working knowledge of social housing or care home sectors. Strong leadership skills, excellent organisational capabilities and innovative thinking are essential for this role. You will also be comfortable working with stakeholders at all levels inside and outside the organisation.
This is a hybrid role split between working from home and our client's premises. They are based in West London with a tube station next to their offices and onsite parking, which should make for a relatively easy commute.
This is your chance to make a lasting impact on our client's operations while personally developing your skillset, so don't miss out and apply now.