- Permanent (5)
5 Jobs Found
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
Commercial Director - 3PL/4PL Warehousing & Transport Solutions
"3PL/4PL Commercial Strategist & Business Development Specialist required with track record within Ireland, UK & Northern European multi temperature solutions."
€Very Competitive Bonus, Car/Allowance & Benefits Relocation Assistance
Do you have a proven track record in commercial strategy, new business development and key account management within the Irish, UK and European 3PL/4PL transport and warehousing contract logistics sector?
Would you like to apply this experience within a highly successful and well-established Irish business? Then this role could be perfect for you.
We are seeking a Commercial Director who combines 3PL/4PL contract logistics experience with an entrepreneurial mindset and a strong network within the Ireland to UK and Ireland to European marketplace.
This is a newly created role to support unprecedented growth and customer demand, in part due to Brexit and due to planned expansion. This expansion includes the establishment of an additional new warehouse to support manufacturing supply chains across several industry sectors including pharmaceutical cold chain, multi temperature food, hi tech and automotive. Our client has warehousing, and transport operations already set up in Ireland close to the Northern Ireland border and the UK.
To support their future growth, they would like to bring on board a Commercial Director with experience in palletised logistics, particularly between the UK, Ireland, and Europe. As well as developing closer relationships with existing customers, you will also create and implement a sales and marketing strategy to target new customers. They see their strategy as being split between being a 3PL provider directly for the end client and a 4PL provider for other transport companies. Therefore, your knowledge of both types of service will be essential.
In addition, you will also have input in designing warehousing and transport solutions for customers, so your operational knowledge will be used extensively.
Brexit has presented many companies with challenges transporting between Ireland and the UK. Our client is ideally situated to help and advise customers on how to negotiate the new procedures. So, having detailed knowledge of the Irish and UK transport markets will be crucial to your success in the role.
You'll be based from their head office in Ireland as you will be a key member of the senior executive team, and our client is also happy to support your relocation if you're currently based elsewhere.
* Responsible for developing high-level relationships with new & existing customers, facilitating new business as a result
* Work with the commercial team to identify clients and opportunities for new business
* Develop strong working relationships with key decision-makers in target clients
* Facilitate the solutions design and business development process, supporting and guiding the commercial team with every aspect of senior client relations
* Manage senior client relationships once business is secured to ensure long-term profitability and growth
* Develop and implement commercial strategies according to company goals and objectives aiming to accelerate growth
* Conduct market analysis to create detailed strategic business plans on commercial opportunities (expansion, business development etc.)
* Understand the requirements of existing customers to ensure their needs are being met
* Act to acquire new customers and manage client relationships (new and existing)
* Collaborate with and coordinate diverse teams (marketing, sales, customer service etc.)
* Build and maintain profitable partnerships with key stakeholders
* Monitor performance of commercial activities using key metrics and prepare reports for senior management
* Assist in setting financial targets and budget development and monitoring
The Ideal Candidate
* Proven experience within a senior-level commercial role within the Irish Logistics industry with strong knowledge of the European Transport product
* Excellent network within the multi sector 3PL/4PL contract logistics across warehousing and transport sector
* Proven experience managing relationships with key clients
* In-depth understanding of market research methods and analysis
* Solid knowledge of performance reporting and financial/budgeting processes
* Commercial awareness partnered with a strategic mindset
* Excellent organizational and leadership skills
* Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
* Proficiency in MS Office and CRM software (e.g., Salesforce)
* Graduate in business administration, finance, or relevant field; MSc/MA advantageous
In return our client is offering a competitive salary and a flexible bonus and benefits package plus the potential for equity.
Interested? If so, to start the confidential process, please submit your CV quoting reference LX 1138147 Telephone 01905 381320
"Technical Lead Production & Mechanical Process Engineering role with experience of Heat Treated Metal Automotive & Aerospace Components."
North East Region
c£45-50000 + Excellent Blue Chip Benefits
Commutable from Newcastle upon Tyne, Durham, Northumberland
Our client is at the forefront of innovation, manufacturing and supplying metal components to the automotive, machine tool, manufacturing, aerospace, and other sectors.
This role is to ensure that specialist heat treatment plant, equipment and processes are available to meet SQCD requirements and to provide specialist metallurgical assessment and quality of induction hardened steel components.
You will be the technical lead for defined production equipment and for metallurgical assessment.
Continuous improvement activity is also a key responsibility as is TPM systems design and review.
Attendance at customer audits / VIP visits is an important responsibility.
* Designing and implementing moderate machine modifications to optimise safety, quality or output performance.
* Setting and managing revenue budgets, to ensure all necessary resources are available to achieve business needs.
* Identification and justification of capital expenditure projects including spend management and post implementation review.
* Managing and delivering agreed specific policy, business critical or personal development objectives.
* Leading and delivering projects such as new production lines or new product introductions.
* Day to day direction of junior engineering personnel to ensure best outcomes and utilization of resource.
* Provision of technical support to achieve production targets. Creation of process specific quality documentation to ensure conformance to control plans and creation of standard operation procedures for QCDP tasks.
* Setting of TPM schedules and tasks to enable members to carry out TPM to the necessary standards for ongoing machine stability and performance including regular performance review and revision.
* Performance of risk assessments and PUWER reviews and sign off to ensure a safe working environment. Champion the principles of 5S and H&S as appropriate.
* Challenging performance and, where appropriate, initiating and delivering improvements that contribute to the improved efficiency of the process.
* Management of ongoing heat treatment process performance through metallurgical assessment.
* A minimum of a BTEC HNC/Degree Production/Mechanical Engineering through a recognised mechanical apprenticeship.
* A base level knowledge of metallurgy and metallurgical evaluation techniques together and an understanding of heat treatment
* Minimum 3 years' experience in high volume engineering / automotive supply plant or similar
* Understanding of continuous production operations
* Fault finding / root cause analysis skills experience
* Project management skills and experience
* Good understanding of TQM systems Eg TS16949
* Strong communicator
* Capable of working to rapidly changing priorities .
* Self- starter, flexible approach and capable of managing own workload
To apply without delay please email your CV, quoting reference LX 1138129
Telephone 01905 381 320
Warehousing Process Optimisation Manager
"Very interesting opportunity for experienced change management specialist to facilitate process mapping and process improvement in the warehousing and logistics operations"
Salary: £Very Competitive + Bonus + Excellent Benefits
Location: North West - Hybrid Working
Commutable from Greater Manchester, Lancashire, Cheshire, West Yorkshire Bury, Rochdale, Bolton, Ramsbottom, Manchester, Failsworth, Salford, Oldham, Blackburn, Preston, Burnley, Wigan., Halifax, Bradford, Warrington, Keighley, Huddersfield
Our client is a well-established and respected manufacturer of renewable energy infrastructure for the commercial and domestic markets.
As a result of their rapid and sustained growth, they require a Process Optimisation Analyst to facilitate the process mapping and process improvement process in their warehousing and logistics operations.
The ideal applicant will have a consistent and recent track record of undertaking a similar process mapping and process improvement role and will demonstrate a good understanding of warehousing, pick/pack, despatch, and logistics. An understanding of the applications of lean methodology and associated problem-solving techniques would be highly advantageous. Future plans include migration to a brand-new WMS and ERP system.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate process improvements and contribute to process improvements
- Responsible for facilitation, initiation, development and creation of executable, scalable processes.
- Development of Current and Future State process maps that provide roadmap for driving business process and productivity improvements of the warehousing operations.
- Support the development of process documentation e.g. manuals, help documents, work instructions, SOPs, and forms to be approved by the business.
- Support the review, approval and implementation of any developed process.
- Identify, plan and lead process development workshops.
- Gather supporting information in consultation with the business lead, as required to facilitate workshops.
- Plans, schedules, and arranges own activities and may direct others in accomplishing objectives.
- Supporting operations nationally and in Mainland Europe
Skills and Experience:
- Solid experience in Business Process Improvement, specifically in a fast moving, omni channel warehousing and transport environment.
- Formal lean and continuous improvement training and certification including Kaizen creation of RACI Charts/Matrix and Six Sigma
- Degree-level education is preferred
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to work on several projects with tight timelines
- Project Management qualification advantageous
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills are required.
- Flexibility to travel on occasion to site in the North West and South West and also into mainland Europe
SITE PURCHASING MANAGER – CAPITAL & ENGINEERING PROJECTS
"Excellent, site purchasing opportunity for degree educated MCIPS Purchasing professional with experience of direct and indirect spend and capital/engineering projects"
£Very Competitive + Bonus + Benefits + Relocation Assistance
East Lothian, Scotland.
Commutable from Edinburgh, Berwick upon Tweed, Dunbar, North Berwick, Haddington, East Linton, Musselbergh, South Queensferry, Livingston, Dalkeith, Bonnyrigg, Bathgate, Glasgow
This is an exciting career development opportunity for a degree educated and ambitious Purchasing professional seeking the next step on the ladder within a UK national environment.
Our client has an opportunity for a Site Purchasing Manager to take the operational purchasing lead for one of its most strategically important engineering/production-based business units. Successful applicants will be part or fully qualified MCIPS qualified and must have previous experience of capital projects/CAPEX Purchasing including MRO and Engineering gained within a high safety culture, manufacturing or processing organisation.
Reporting to the Plant Manager and site management team, with strong links to the HO Purchasing team and Senior BU Purchasing Manager, you will lead and manage operational Purchasing activities including a small team across purchasing, materials and stores. Providing a professional, efficient, and effective service, you well add value through continually building and developing high performing sourcing and ordering activities. You will also deliver innovative stores processes to reduce working capital. You will manage a small team covering stores and materials control and analysis. Spend will £multi million.
• Purchasing at best value with year-on-year cost reduction
• Ensuring availability of critical spares maintaining high plant availability
• Reducing working capital in stores including consignment stock deals
• Act as the primary interface between the site executive team and shared service Purchasing, to deliver sourcing initiatives, Purchasing operational effectiveness and value delivery
• Provide negotiation, commercial and contractual expertise to the business unit on all Purchasing matters to ensure minimal risk, compliance, and cross functional best practice.
• Management of savings delivery and measurement including functional KPI’s and MI reporting to business unit executive team and HO.
• Manage vendor performance, drive compliance to negotiated agreements and deliver value through business unit specific sourcing projects in order to achieve tangible, validated cost savings in line with strategic objectives. This will include compliance to SHE & CSR standards and contractual obligations.
• Build relationships with vendors and stakeholders to drive value around the operational objectives of the business unit.
The Ideal Applicant:
• University degree educated
• Part or fully qualified CIPS
• Extensive experience in a Purchasing role covering both direct and indirect spend
• Experience gained within heavy manufacturing and processing industry such as steel, chemical, cement, glass, oil, gas, waste recycling, renewables, power, utilities or similar
• Experience ideally gained within a CAPEX, MRO and Engineering categories
• Experience in negotiating, establishing and managing contracts fully
• Effective people management experience ideally of stores, materials, and stock control personnel
• Skilled and accurate in drafting tender documents and conditions
• Excellent stakeholder and supplier management skills
• Good judgement and analytical ability
• Ability to handle multiple tasks with awareness of deadlines
• Ability to develop and implement plans to compliment national strategies
• Knowledge of health, safety and environmental requirements, COSHH, waste management.
• Advanced IT skills including Excel and Powerpoint
• Understanding and application of lean tools in a Purchasing or similar context
Our client offers excellent development and the opportunity to make a real difference in a business that really values its people. Relocation assistance is also available.
To apply without delay, please email your CV, quoting reference LX 1120253
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER/SUPERVISOR - AUTOMATION & PROCESS CONTROL
"Great Supervisory Management role for qualified Electrician/Electrical Engineer experienced with automation and process control systems and equipment"
£Very Competitive Bonus Benefits
Location: East Lothian, Scotland
Commutable from Edinburgh, Berwick upon Tweed, Dunbar, North Berwick, Haddington, East Linton, Musselburgh, South Queensferry, Livingston, Dalkeith, Bonnyrigg, Bathgate.
This is an excellent Supervisory opportunity to join the plant electrical maintenance team of this division of a multinational company and play a key part in delivering production targets within a medium/heavy factory process operation.
You will be one of three Electrical Engineering Supervisors leading a team of 15 night and day shift electricians and 3 apprentices. You will work day time hours of 08 00 - 16 00.
The focus is on maintenance, inspections, and planned maintenance of all electrical, automation and process control equipment. This includes instrumentation, PLCs, inverter drives, DCS/SCADA, LV and HV motors, switchgear and control gear, AC and DC, variable speed drives and specialised control panels. Therefore, this role would ideally suit a time served apprentice/degree educated Electrician/Electrical Engineer seeking to further develop their career in a supervisory role leading a small team of six Electrical Engineers/Electricians.
You will supervise and perform electrical inspections and maintenance, ensuring that you and your team respond in a timely manner to breakdown repairs with a keen eye to continuous improvement and to high standards in line with safety, technical, quality, operational and environmental targets. You will also represent the electrical maintenance and inspection department on site working committees.
This role would suit a well organised person who can operate effectively within both a planned and reactive electrical engineering and maintenance environment. An individual who enjoys problem solving and root cause analysis and can also cope with the unexpected within a fast-paced 24/7 environment. There will be plenty of opportunity to get involved in CI and capital projects too.
- Supervise, mentor, coach and support your team of electricians and apprentices including undertaking their performance reviews and development plans.
- Managing and maintaining the electrical network across the plant
- Manage the current plant electrical networks to optimise their efficiency including changes and modifications to reduce breakdowns, and communicate plans and changes effectively
- To assist in managing electrical maintenance and projects utilising employees and/or contractors ensuring high levels of workmanship and safety are maintained. Ensure Risk Assessments and Permits to Work are always carried out, including safe systems of work are used.
- Plan, deliver and ensure availability of critical spares for routine and planned maintenance, and ensure risk plans exist for emergent failures
- Communicate and liaise with other departments and form cross functional links.
- Improve current plant electrical networks by implementing improvements and innovations to prevent downtime in support of the plant operations
- Take the lead and actively assist the electrical department
- Manage electrical systems to minimise risk and improve plant performance
- Ensure availability of electrical plant for production and engineering to meet time targets
- Fault finding of existing systems and electrical network
- Maintain record of all network changes
- Continually challenge the current network design to ensure plant needs are optimised
- Manage emergent electrical and system failures
- Ensure hardwired interlocks are working correctly to ensure staff and plant safety
- Manage obsolescence of existing plant by regularly checking component standards
- Use of SAP Maintenance to manage and complete electrical engineering and maintenance work
- Part of Electrical department call out rota, to technically support shift electricians
- Ability to perform under pressure ensuring plant reliability is kept at world class levels.
The Ideal Candidate will possess the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Apprentice trained electrician/electrical/process control engineer educated to HNC/Degree (NVQ level 3-4) in Electrical/Process Control Engineering.
- BS-7671 IEE 18th edition wiring regulations
- HV Switching as Authorised Person
- At least 3-4 years team leadership/supervisor experience in electrical maintenance or inspection within heavy industry where process control is used.
- Experience in a continuous process industry, factory, chemical, cement, lime, steel, powders, aggregates, construction materials, energy or other heavy industrial process environment such as automated food manufacturing and processing including full competence in electrical maintenance of large plant equipment.
- Fully competence in Electrical and Mechanical Maintenance principles and techniques.
- Good knowledge of heavy engineering plant and equipment
- Knowledge of Siemens PCS7 systems
- Good knowledge of electrical networks and systems including High Voltage and Instrumentation
- PLC, inverter drives, gas analytics, explosive atmospheres and telemetry experience preferred.
- DCS experience desired.
- Experience of hydraulic and pneumatic systems useful
- Knowledge and experience of HV/LV switchgear and control gear systems
- Working knowledge of maintenance management systems eg SAP or MAXIMO
- Good working knowledge of electrical isolation
- Competence in the use of lean CI root cause analysis/problem-solving tools