4 North East Jobs Found
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
What's the view from your workplace? Bet it's not as good as this…
You know those annoying friends on social media? The ones with the jobs that take them to fantastic locations so they can post "This is the view from my workplace..." type posts.
How would you like to compete with that annoying friend?
Whatever their current view, it's unlikely to match the absolute beauty of the Isle of Skye - particularly if you're about 100m in the air working on a wind turbine.
That's where this role is based.
We're looking for Electrical Technicians to join our wind turbine team, based on Skye. It's a shift-based role working 8 days on, 6 off, 4 days on, 3 off. So, you'll also have plenty of opportunities to explore this unique part of the UK.
As a time-served electrical technician with a minimum of a level 3 qualification, you'll be maintaining, fault-finding, and repairing wind turbines. Occasionally, you may be required to assist with installing and commissioning new turbines in other parts of the UK. But you'll be based out of Skye for the main part.
Along with the electrical qualifications, you can probably imagine that a sense of adventure and a head for heights will be essential for this role. Along with a sturdy set of underwear! Some of our turbines are 125m tall, so you'll need to be physically fit and comfortable working at height.
Prior experience with wind turbines would be a great feature, but we know it's unlikely, so we will provide the training you need to work on our market-leading machinery.
On top of the basic salary of £27,966, we pay working pattern allowances, overtime, training, and travel allowances. Our standard day is 07:30 to 18:30 with a 30 min lunch break (10.5 hours total).
So, if you're already based on Skye or would relish the life-changing opportunity to live and work there, apply now.
Oh, and don't forget your camera. Those social media posts won't write themselves.
BUYER- ENGINEERING/CAPITAL & DECOMMISSIONING PROJECTS
"Graduate calibre high potential sought for accelerated career development programme as an engineering buyer/project procurement senior buyer within global energy leader."
C£30-40000 (Dependent on Experience) Excellent Benefits
Location: North West
Commutable from Ellesmere Port, Mold, Wrexham, Birkenhead, Wallasey, Chester, Warrington, Runcorn, Widnes, Liverpool, Crewe, Knutsford, Macclesfield, South Manchester, Wigan, Newton le Willows, Leigh, Heywood, Skelmersdale.
This is an exciting career development opportunity for a degree educated and ambitious procurement professional seeking the next step on the ladder within a global multinational energy environment. Our client is a multi-site manufacturing/processing and complex matrix organisation.
Our client has an opportunity for a Buyer to join its capital and decommissioning projects procurement management team.
Specifically, you will provide direct support to the Capital Projects Procurement Management team with the completion of existing contractual requirements as well as providing procurement support to the development of waste management and decommissioning capabilities.
This role will offer accelerated career development to a self-starter with lots of initiative, drive and ambition, keen to learn and to build the skills and technical procurement capabilities to progress on a fast track to Senior Buyer within the capital projects arena. Our client will support your CIPS studies as well as offering you lots of other training and development to enhance your career.
An interest in and some previous experience of capital projects procurement, as a Buyer, within civil and general building disciplines of construction would be a good foundation for this role. Some previous experience of drafting and executing model form contracts, such as the management of term and framework contractors will be very useful. Our client will provide extensive training.
- Manage the delivery of capital project buying activity for planned spend opportunities within defined contractual spend levels throughout the capital and decommissioning project lifecycles.
- Ensure products and services are purchased in the most cost- and time-efficient manner, delivering 'agile' solutions to implement and ensure purchasing best practices
- Manage transactional negotiating and buying activities and support wider strategic procurement management including raising purchase orders in line with SAP P2P.
- Prepare RFQ's, evaluate, re-tender, renegotiate or extends contracts and suppliers in order to facilitate tactical and strategic sourcing with relevant stakeholders.
- Use of eProcurement tools to assist in the development of detailed business needs analysis for use by Procurement Managers.
- Assist with the commercial management of procurement contracts working in liaison with Project Managers, Quantity Surveyors & Cost Engineers throughout capital and decommissioning project lifecycles.
- Assist in the development and execution of detailed tender documentation for engineering, decommissioning and waste management projects ranging in size and complexity.
- Assist with the development of supply chain strategies and value delivery plans for allocated categories of spend across the capital and decommissioning projects landscape.
- Identification of savings targets, baseline agreements and methodologies for reporting purposes.
- Reporting on forecasts, actuals, annualised and cumulative savings figures.
Assisting with the delivery of actual value savings in line with agreed forecasts and contractual parameters.
- Assist with risk analysis of key areas of the supply chain and asset base to establish demand pipeline and drive value delivery targets.
The Ideal Candidate:
- University degree educated
- Part or Fully Qualified MCIPS or willing to study.
- Experience gained within a multinational, corporate and regulated environment such as utilities, nuclear, energy, power generation, aerospace, construction, pharmaceutical, engineering, capital intensive industry, public sector OJEU environments if combined with private sector procurement experience.
- At least 18 months procurement experience in a buyer role within Direct or Indirect Spend area, Manufacturing, CAPEX, Civils, Minor Works, Capital Projects, Engineering, Facilities Management, General Building Projects, Construction arena.
- Some experience of assisting with the preparation and execution of model form contracts and the management of term and framework contractors highly advantageous but training will be provided.
- An understanding of category management principles and a working knowledge of SAP processes and functionality across the procurement process and integration with other functions.
- Some experience of supplier management including implementation of supplier management programmes with key suppliers would be highly advantageous.
- Confidence and capability to influence at all levels of the organisation through strong relationship management.
- Excellent analytical, research, communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent team working ability, particularly with suppliers and procurement and category managers.
- Ability to develop and manage strong relationships both internally and externally (e.g. suppliers).
- Highly motivated with a drive for results - performance focused.
Our client offers excellent development and the opportunity to make a real difference in a complex and challenging business that really values its people
NORTHERN REGION TRANSPORT MANAGER
“Experienced HGV/LGV Transport Management professional & CPC Holder to manage O Licence and Northern Transport operations.”
C£30-33000 + Excellent Benefits
Location: Stockton on Tees, Teeside
Our client is the UK division of a highly successful global digital platform connecting vehicle sellers and buyers. Our client’s unique platform facilitates the marketing and sale of total-loss, damaged and low-value vehicles. It works with a full spectrum of sellers, including insurers, dealerships, fleet lease and rental car companies, and charitable organizations.
For sellers, our client offers services aimed at maximizing vehicle value, reducing administrative costs, shortening selling cycle time, and delivering the highest economic returns. Specifically, this entails collection of cars from garages and customers to industry leading service levels for delivery to salvage and auction sites.
Our client operates a fleet of HGV 1/LGVs nationally and as Northern Region Transport Manager you will be responsible for vehicle collection, transportation, and delivery, of predominantly accident damaged cars, vans, and other vehicles to auction and other sites in the North of England including Scotland. Vehicle movements are planned centrally and locally utilising state of the art transport and load planning software and undertaken utilising our clients inhouse fleet. Our client has recently invested heavily in a new fleet. You will report directly to the UK Transport Manager.
• Oversee all aspects of the management and compliance of transport operations in the Northern region.
• This will include transport operations and driver compliance in line with relevant legislation set out by the DVSA.
• Ensure a high standard of customer service both internally and externally, ensuring driver productivity and performance in a safe manner.
• Planning of deliveries, collections and forecasts and driver availability to exceed customer expectations.
• Ensure driver compliance and operation within drivers’ hours, tachograph regulations and working time directive.
• Daily monitoring and regular audits to ensure full maintenance of the fleet in line with regulatory requirements, ensuring that all documentation is up to date in line with legal, regulatory, safety and O licence obligations.
• Analysis and preparation of transport operations performance management data/KPIs.
• Oversee, review, and deliver compliance to OCRS scoring results, compliance and reporting of drivers’ hours, tachographs, work time regulations, insurance declarations, health and safety.
• Strong effective team leadership and management of highly experienced team of sector specific HGV/LGV drivers.
• Ensure processing, analysis and sign off of driver weekly timesheets for payroll and expenses payments.
• All aspects of driver resource planning including holiday schedules, sick leave, completing associated interviews/return to work meetings and documentation.
• Weekly reporting of infringements including weekly debriefs and action plans to ensure compliance with the O licence and company standards.
• Timely reporting of accidents and incidents to include completion of Health and Safety forms, “near miss” incidents in line with legal and insurance requirements.
• Ensure that all transport office team members and drivers always observe and wear appropriate PPE.
• Manage the recruitment and induction of drivers in line with company and legal requirements.
• Manage supplier relationships including with third party maintenance providers.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Good standard of overall education including numeracy and literacy and competency with Excel and Microsoft Office Application including PowerPoint.
• Transport Manager Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) National.
• Previous experience as an O licence holder advantageous.
• Full UK Driving Licence (HGV licence would be advantageous).
• Deep and recent knowledge of safety and training legislation, drivers’ hours’ legislation, and the legalities of running a fleet are prerequisites.
• Strong assertive, confident, resilient, and influential personality; capable of operating self-sufficiently in an autonomous regional role and able to establish excellent working partnerships within the region and nationally with cross functional colleagues. A team player.
• Excellent and proactive health and safety knowledge.
• Recent/current experience of managing multi-site/regional HGV/LGV fleet in well-established and high performing transport operations environment.
• Strong technical vehicle knowledge to conduct vehicle maintenance audits competently, credibly, and confidently, including signing off defect sheets and wheel re torque documentation.
• Hands on and visible leadership style to engage, motivate and a highly experienced team of drivers.
• A challenging, realistic, and practical approach to the setting of objectives and targets.
• Strong organisational and planning skills with the ability to prioritise workload to meet conflicting and demanding deadlines.
To apply without delay, please email your CV quoting reference LX 648819 to email@example.com Telephone 01905 381 320 www.martinveasey.com
SOURCING, PROCUREMENT & SUPPLIER DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - FAR EAST & INDIA SUPPLY CHAIN
C£35000 (Dependent on Experience) + Benefits
Our client is a specialist division of a market leading group and plc, specialising in interior and exterior hardware, fixtures, and fittings. This is a newly created role reporting to the Product Development function, to take responsibility for strategic sourcing and supplier development of product sourced and manufactured in the Far East and India.
This role would suit a graduate calibre, potentially CIPS qualified, sourcing, procurement, and supplier development specialist with a track record of working with Far East/China, India and other low-cost source countries for parts and products. The Sourcing, Procurement and Supplier Development Manager will develop and implement procurement strategies, working closely with colleagues in China and India in relation to supplier capabilities and performance, quality control and supply chain into the UK. Experience of category and range planning and development and procurement analysis would be highly advantageous. A strong appreciation of metal commodity and trading price negotiation and contracts will be critical to success.
• Effective analysis of current supply chain and successful implementation of procurement strategy and policies.
• Full supplier performance management reporting into senior executives to include the set up and monitoring of performance metrics and liaising with China and India Sourcing offices and suppliers to ensure performance criteria is met.
• Build and develop credible relationships with suppliers and in some cases develop a supply partnership.
• Key contact in HQ for supplier issues including management of defective or unacceptable goods or services with NPD Team. Assist with investigation on product issues and communicate to supply chain accordingly.
• Manage trading & price negotiation for products with current and potential new suppliers.
• Manage tenders / RFQ’s with supply chain, which may include current suppliers or sourcing new suppliers in new territories.
• Organise supplier onboarding activity to include supplier set up, arrange audits, support first manufacture product checks, and manage through any issues with relevant stakeholders including Sourcing offices in China/India and Product Development colleagues.
• Commit to a productivity plan (cost savings) whilst maintaining the expected product quality levels associated with the product brand/position.
• Manager OTIF performance of suppliers working in partnership with planning and suppliers to ensure targets are met.
• Quality resolution with Suppliers and negotiation for Credits.
• Negotiations to mitigate delays working with planning.
• Negotiate MOQ levels (in partnership with planning)
• Work towards total supplier compliance supporting China and India sourcing offices in supplier improvements where identified through the audit process.
• Comprehensively develop and implement purchasing strategies in conjunction with the Head of Product & Procurement
• Work in partnership with Product Development Engineer where design input / application engineering is required focusing on Value Analysis and Value Engineering (VAVE)
• Organise and Communicate the purchasing element of Customer Special Orders
• Closely liaise with Accounts to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices, as necessary for the business with the supplier.
• Ensure the highest standards of health and safety, ethics and sustainability throughout the supply chain.
The Ideal Candidate:
• University degree educated/graduate calibre. Part or Ful CIPS qualification would be highly advantageous although not a prerequisite.
• Experience of sourcing, procurement and supplier development from the Far East/China and India.
• Specifically, sourcing metal and mechanically engineered parts and products for the consumer market within a fast-moving route to market such as retail, wholesale and distributor channels.
• Highly numerate and analytical with a track record of commodity trading and price negotiation and contract development.
• Strong awareness of category, range and brand development and positioning.
• Energetic, resilient, and flexible to undertake business travel to Far East and India to source, procure and develop supplier partnerships.
• Capable and experienced to set up our clients sourcing, procurement, and supplier development function in the UK HO, ensuring that all processes, contractual frameworks, dashboards, and systems are implemented and aligned to support total cost and supplier management.
• Experience in cross functional working within a matrix organisation including supporting new product development and launch within a value engineering environment.
• Fluent in business English. Fluency in Chinese would be highly advantageous but not a prerequisite.
In return our client offers a very competitive salary and the opportunity to play a key role in establishing the sourcing & procurement function further enhancing our client’s market leading position as a supplier of high quality products.
To apply without delay, please email your CV quoting reference LX 642943 to firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone 01905 381 320 www.martinveasey.com