We can place sales and marketing professionals in roles from entry to director level, recruiting for clients across many sectors ranging from B2B services to retail, manufacturing and engineering.
Martin Veasey Talent Solutions has a strong track record in the successful placement of sales and marketing professionals both in the UK and internationally from entry level to director level. We have recruited complete teams of sales and marketing specialists across multiple national and international territories and geographies and for clients across many sectors ranging from B2B services, construction materials, third party contract logistics, international multi modal logistics and freight forwarding, retail and FMCG, manufacturing and engineering, industrial equipment, telecoms, pharmaceutical and life sciences.
Across every industry sector, growth starts with sales and Martin Veasey Talent Solutions are highly adept at identifying the sales “hunters” and “farmers” and consultative sales specialists that our clients require for field/territory and regional sales business development, specification and technical sales, key account and strategic sales leadership roles.
When it comes to sourcing marketing professionals equipped to deal with the global challenges of increased competition, maturing markets, price pressures, demand for value added differentiators, digital media channels and demanding consumers, Martin Veasey Talent Solutions are well placed to find the game changing marketing executives. Strategic, cutting edge, multi-channel marketeers who can make a real difference to your brand and the bottom line.
Martin Veasey Talent Solutions can assist with the recruitment of the following sales roles:
- Sales Analysts
- Field & Territory Sales
- Internal Sales
- Regional Sales
- Head of Sales
- National Sales
- Sales Managers
- Business Development
- Specification Sales
- Technical Sales
- Pharmaceutical/Medical Sales
- Retail & FMCG Sales & Account Management
- Category & Product Management
- Key/Strategic Account Managers
- Sales Directors
- VP Sales
Martin Veasey Talent Solutions can assist with the recruitment of the following marketing roles:
- Marketing Analytics
- Marketing Insight & Research
- Customer & Category Marketing
- Marketing Management/Directors
- Marketing Communications - Internal & External
- Campaign & CRM Management, Retention & Loyalty Marketing
- Innovation & New Product Development
- Brand Management
- Event Management
- Content Marketing
- Trade Marketing
- Digital Marketing
- Online Marketing & Web Strategy
- Corporate Affairs
- Public Relations
- Services Marketing
- Marketing Consultancy & Strategy
If you need support filling a Sales & Marketing role, find out how Martin Veasey Talent Solutions can help you here.
In addition to recruitment solutions, we offer a range of HR & Talent Management services, including:
ASPHALT TECHNICAL PRODUCT SUPPORT MANAGER
“Experienced Asphalt technical or Asphalt operations professional to identify and drive key account specification sales led business opportunities within value added and specialist asphalt technical product sales. Must have experience of delivering CPD presentations to Architects, Main Contractors and Specifiers”
C£40-45000 + Car/Allowance, Bonus & Benefits
Newcastle Upon Tyne (Northern Field Based Remit)
Commutable Locations: Tyne & Wear, Durham, North Yorkshire, Stockton on Tees, Northumberland
Our client is a multisite division of a large and well-respected FTSE 100 international group specialising in construction materials. Due to impending retirement our client is now seeking an Asphalt Technical Product Support Manager. This is an interesting and varied role covering the Northern/North East region of the UK.
As Asphalt Technical Product Support Manager, you will work closely with commercial teams to identify opportunities for business growth and upselling of non-standard valued added and special asphalt products. Therefore, you must have at least 3-4 years asphalt technical experience gained in a design, operations or technical role. This will be very important as you will be communicating and building relationships with asphalt technical personnel both internally and externally about specifications, additives, planning, production and asphalt technicians on site.
You will also possess the confident personality and drive to build relationships and undertake CPD presentations to architects, local authorities, specifiers, main contractors. Internally you will be responsible for training commercial colleagues both within internal and external sales whilst also being responsible for coordinating production including asphalt plant capability, commercial and logistics. You will also be involved in new production innovation to meet customer requirements. So effectively you will operate as a key account manager and a technical product specialist. Experience of different types of bitumen, additives and polymers would be advantageous but training will be provided however core asphalt technical knowledge as a foundation skill set, as outlined above, will be a prerequisite.
- To maximise Asphalt Value Added Product sales through identification of opportunities and technical upselling of the key benefits which asphalt value added products can deliver.
- A key customer support role within the Northern/North East Region, focussing on developing Local Authority and Main/Key Contractor relationships leading to promotion of primarily Asphalt Solutions/Value Added Products via CPD presentations, regular meetings, contract reviews, site assessments, material selection, specification and pavement design input.
- To participate in the national technical approach / ‘technical sell’ to external specifiers, architects, contractors and local authorities to ensure Asphalt Value Added Products/Innovation become accepted for use and are ideally specified.
- To differentiate our client from its competition by providing a unique level of service/support in terms of specification writing, product selection and sustainability advice.
- Intelligent focussed Asphalt Value Added Product promotion based on national and local targets with based on projected profit / return at specific supply units.
- Increased volumes / wallet share from Local Authorities by becoming a supplier of choice.
- Attending Commercial meetings and identifying and supporting associated opportunities. Identifying slow moving Asphalt Value Added Products and contributing to creating action plans to improve sales.
- To participate in the practical development of new products and facilitation of any related trials
- To ensure successful launch of new products within the Region and thereafter support and monitor longer term sales progress.
- To support commercial in the review, support and assessment of Accredited Contractors, including advice and control of the use of our client’s Value-Added Products.
- Contribute to Marketing and Client Communication newsletters
- Promote our client’s Asphalt Value Added Products at industry conferences and events
- Leading key commercial training requirements i.e. Role to selected product range.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Currently working within construction materials sector and specifically with Asphalt/Bitumen products.
- Asphalt technical knowledge including asphalt technical operations will be a prerequisite for this role.
- Must have at least 3-4 years Asphalt technical experience gained in a design, operations or technical role.
- Examples of qualified experience may include asphalt plant management, asphalt quality control, asphalt quality approval and inspection, paving and construction operations, asphalt technical services and field support or other relevant asphalt paving design experience.
- Experience as an asphalt additive or asphalt speciality product field support or technical sales role would also be very relevant.
- Ability to perform and understand asphalt volumetric mix design and quality control processes, specifications ideal.
- Working familiarity with asphalt plant operation, controls, automation and mechanisms.
- Able to communicate effectively with asphalt production, operation and construction crews and colleagues.
- Ability to perform under pressure to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Confident personality and drive to build long term sustainable B2B relationships and undertake CPD presentations to architects, local authorities, specifiers, main contractors.
- Experience of different types of bitumen and additives and polymers would be advantageous.
- First-hand experience of operational technical duties, preferably including site operations.
- Previous experience of dealing with customer issues and preferably with existing established Local Authority contacts / relationships.
- Demonstrate strong commercial acumen and a personal hunger and drive to succeed.
- Working knowledge of Quality Assurance systems and procedures.
- Knowledge of pavement design concepts and issues.
- Planning, organising and time management skills.
- Good ability to communicate with customers and colleagues. Collaborative and consultative style.
- Computer literate especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent longer-term career development opportunities with our multinational client into broader sales roles or into research and development, pavement design or QC.
To apply without delay, please email your CV quoting reference J13627.