- Permanent (5)
5 Jobs Found
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
Head of Collections & Recoveries
"A rare opportunity to lead and build a new function in collections and recoveries for a leading asset finance company".
£Very Competitive + Car Alowance + Bonus + Benefits
East Midlands / Hybrid
Commutable from Buckinghamshire, Northamptonshire, Cambridgeshire, Warwickshire, Leicestershire, North Hertfordshire, Oxfordshire
The art of diplomacy is a rare skill. Someone once described it as "Letting others have your way". And that's a fair summary because it's a large part of this new role for our client who specialises in commercial asset finance.
As the Head of Collections and Recoveries, the big question you'll need to answer is, "What happens when a client defaults on an agreement for a physical asset?"
Up until now, it's a question our client has rarely needed to answer as they operate on a very low risk profile and default level. And it's one of the reasons why they've grown into one of the UK's most successful and well-regarded asset finance businesses.
But it is possible to be too cautious and miss out on opportunities with a slightly higher risk level. And that's the next stage of our client's business growth programme and why they want a robust collections and recoveries team.
So that's where you come in.
With your experience in commercial asset finance, you'll have a clear vision of how to implement a collections and recoveries function.
You'll know that repossessing assets is the last resort, and there are countless ways of managing a defaulting client before reaching that point. As such, your diplomacy, intelligence, and communication skills will be crucial to your success in this role.
As for your background, our client would like to see evidence of working in a commercial asset finance setting with possibly some experience in law enforcement. You'll be a confident communicator, capable of liaising with end clients to find a win-win resolution. But you'll be able to stand your ground to ensure our client recovers the maximum amount possible.
If repossession is the only answer, you'll have the right connections to secure the assets and understand the various reselling channels to dispose of them.
Our client works nationally in the UK and is based in the East Midlands. They see this role as a hybrid between working at their HQ, home working, and attending client sites as required.
As you can imagine, there are many other details to discuss, so please indicate your interest by emailing your CV, quoting reference LX 1108623 or call us on 01905 381 320.
EUROPEAN TALENT DEVELOPMENT ADVISOR
c£50-60000 Bonuses Excellent Blue-Chip Benefits
London - Hybrid Working
Our client is one of the world's largest and most well-respected investment management firms. It manages assets for individual investors, financial intermediaries, and financial institutions.
It is now looking for a European Talent Development Advisor to lead projects and provide guidance on talent management and development of teams and individuals. With minimal support you will design and facilitate learning across Europe, as well as taking a regional lead role on global talent acquisition initiatives. The ideal candidate will also have a keen interest and background in talent analytics with experience of Workday and SAP for People would be highly advantageous. Working independently and in support of local HR Business Partners, this role will build our client's European bench in talent insights and analytics by leveraging systems and making recommendations for enhancements.
- Effectively partner with HR and business colleagues to develop and implement Talent Development programmes, leading projects or components of a large initiative
- Regional lead with US Talent Development team partner on projects
- Facilitate fundamental training related to Talent Management programmes and practices
- Regularly measure results of work and suggests process improvements as necessary
- Connected externally to industry bodies and networks to inform the local HR team and business of developments in Talent management
Talent Management Data & Analytics:
- Responsible for ensuring data integrity for Talent Management
- Proactively analyse and process complex talent data to inform the talent team and wider business strategies
- Lead the testing, implementation, and support of new or modified system changes for Talent Management
- Lead or participate in cross-functional teams in process improvement initiatives and projects
- Advises internal HR teams in the planning and organization of data management elements for Common
- Review, Leadership Development and Recruitment
- Analyse user reporting needs and provides solutions to end-users
- Guide centralize processing teams in the US and Europe with the data management associates outside the US to ensure consistency of processes and timely data entry
- Assist with end user associate system training and contributes to the development of training curriculum
Regulatory Responsibilities - Full Training will be provided in relation to:
- Ownership for SMCR and MiFID K&C processes as related to Continuing Professional Development * Ownership and annual review of regulatory training in partnership with Legal & Compliance
- Supporting Talent Management Manager in GDPR training and ongoing risk mitigation Performs other duties as assigned Skills:
- Effective facilitation and presentation skills.
- A strong drive for results, including the ability to develop a response to obstacles; proactively anticipates the needs of client groups.
- Deep knowledge of HR systems and technologies and ability to apply it to work assignments (Workday preferred)
- Excellent assessment skills, including an understanding of competencies and behavioural and situational interviewing.
- Worked with FCA and EEA regulations e.g. SMCR, GDPR, MiFID would be advantageous
- Demonstrates effective written and oral communication skills with diverse group of team members, hiring managers, and individuals outside the organization
To apply without delay, please email your CV quoting reference LX 1103555 Telephone 01905 381 320 www.martinveasey.com
Account Executive- Graduate Trainee Sales/Account Management Role
“Kick-start your career with one of the UK’s leading asset finance companies and develop your skills and experience through their structured training programme.”
Salary c£24-36000 + Benefits including guaranteed bonus in first 12 months (OTE £60-80000 on completion of graduate training scheme)
Northamptonshire, East Midlands, UK
Are you a recent graduate in a business studies or humanities discipline? Having graduated with a minimum 2:1 classification, you may have fallen into your current role and are enjoying the world of work.
But is it fulfilling? Can you see a clear route through to a senior level in your current business? Is your current company supporting your career development with a highly structured training programme?
That’s what you’ll receive from our client in one of their graduate trainee positions as an Account Executive. You’ll work alongside the Commercial Director and Sales Director, who will mentor you through your initial 12–16-week training programme. Plus you will receive a guaranteed monthly bonus on top of your base salary for the first 12 months.
During that time, you’ll learn about commercial asset finance, the financial products our client offers, how to nurture sales opportunities from a lead through to a closed deal, then manage that client account for the long-term.
As such, your training will focus heavily on warm-calling existing previous or current clients to develop your confidence and ability in creating sales. However, this isn’t a telesales type of role where you have a product to push onto a prospective customer. Instead, it’s a consultative sale where you have to understand how the prospect’s business operates then select the most appropriate financial solutions.
Having developed that initial enquiry, you’ll then pass ownership of the deal to an Sales/Account Manager but work closely with them to learn the process of completing the sale.
Our client’s ambition for you is to complete your training then start creating and managing your own deals, progressing to Sales/Account Manager level, where you will then earn a generous commission on top of your base salary.
Given the nature of the role, you’ll need outstanding verbal and written communication skills along with a desire to work in a sales-based role and the ambition to succeed. You’ll also need a UK driving licence as there will be occasional travel to clients’ premises.
"Transformational change and leadership role for Lean Manufacturing Specialist"
£Very Competitive + Benefits
Commutable from: Clevedon, Nailsea, Bristol, Glastonbury, Weston super Mare, Burnham on Sea, Bridgwater, Cheddar, Portishead, Yatton, Highbridge, Long Ashton, Keynsham, Bath, Shepton Mallett, Frome, Radstock, Midsomer Norton, Paulton, Peasedown St John
Are you an experienced Manufacturing Manager looking for a new challenge to test your leadership skills?
Maybe you'd like to use your knowledge of change management and lean implementation to make a real difference to a company?
Our client is looking for someone with those skills to lead their manufacturing operation and play a crucial part in evolving their business.
They're a well-established company manufacturing large GRP fabrications globally for use in industrial and commercial settings. Bucking the trend, they thrived during the Covid pandemic and have an extensive R & D and investment programme underway.
So, they have significant plans to evolve the company and are currently in a transitional phase.
This is where you come in.
The company's growth plans rely on having the necessary labour resources on-site, so they have gained visa sponsorship status, allowing them to bring in skilled labour from other countries.
Therefore, you'll need the gravitas of a strong leader and be able to demonstrate your previous experience in managing a diverse, multicultural workforce. In addition, you will need to develop, coach, and mentor shop floor leaders to help you manage the growing team.
You'll be able to use your past experience of lean implementation to its fullest by leading lean improvement projects and applying best practices throughout the manufacturing operations. Your knowledge and skills in collecting and analysing data will be vital to your success in this role. And, to help with that data acquisition, our client is currently implementing a new ERP system which you will lead into the manufacturing part of the business.
This role is entirely site-based. So ideal commuting locations include Bristol, Somerset, West Wiltshire. However, our client will consider relocation assistance for the perfect candidate who wants to move to this beautiful part of the UK.
If you feel this is the next role for you, please submit your CV, quoting reference 1044279 or call us on 44 (0)1905 381 320.
QUANTITY SURVEYOR - HIGHWAYS CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS
"Degree educated and civil engineering experienced Quantity Surveyor for South West regional role to be engaged on highways construction projects."
Salary: £Competitive Car Bonus Blue Chip Benefits
Location: South West/South Wales - Regional/Hybrid Role
Commutable from South Wales, Cardiff, Bristol, Gloucestershire, Monmouthshire, Ross on Wye, Ledbury, Tewkesbury, Somerset, Wiltshire, South Worcestershire
Our client is market leader within the highways construction sector. This is an excellent regional career development opportunity for a degree educated Quantity Surveyor, from the civil engineering sector in the UK, to join an experienced highways construction team. You will support construction projects throughout South Wales and Gloucestershire area. You will inspire, coach, mentor and develop your team. The successful applicant will have experience gained as a Quantity Surveyor within the highways construction, upgrade and improvement sector.
As Quantity Surveyor you will be used to working cross functionally and, in the region, travelling visiting highways construction and highways improvements, upgrade schemes and projects.
As a key member of the regional team you will work cross functionally with commercial and operational colleagues and external stakeholders to ensure that targets are achieved leading to the overall delivery of commercial strategy in relation to highways construction, improvement and upgrade schemes and projects.
Reporting to the Managing Quantity Surveyor you will be responsible for the Quantity Surveying for the South Wales and South West area, engaged in the following:
- The measurement, preparation and submission of valuations with a view to maximising financial returns under the provisions of the Contract Conditions and Company procedures.
- Lend contractual expertise to QS, Commercial and Operational colleagues
- Identify and implement best practice cross the business
- Monitoring and managing the procurement of control of subcontract works
- Work with credit department and ensure timely cash collection
- Preparing and finalising month end accounts in line with management procedures
The Ideal Candidate:
- Preferably BSc degree qualified (Quantity Surveying)
- MRICS preferred
- Minimum of 5 years post graduate experience
- Currently undertaking a Quantity Surveying role within the civil engineering, highways construction, highways improvement, highways upgrade schemes and projects sector. This is a prerequisite for the successful applicant for this role.
- We are not seeking applicants from any other type of construction sector on this occasion.
- Experience of undertaking a regional multi-site role will be essential to success in this role.
- Experience in NEC3/NEC4/JCT forms of contract useful but not essential
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and influence people at all levels
- Confident when working autonomously
- Strong, inspirational, leader with a coaching and mentoring style
- Good problem-solving skills and creative flair
- Excellent organisational and resource planning skills.
Applicants need to be commercially aware, highly motivated, computer literate and profit focused with the ability to communicate at all levels, demonstrate a methodical and analytical approach to their work. You will integrate and add value to our market leading client's busy and successful team. You will be passionate about safety. You will demonstrate the drive and ambition to succeed.
To apply without delay, please email your CV, quoting reference LX 957129