1 Thames Valley (M4 Corridor) Job Found
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER – RETAIL VERTICAL – INTERNATIONAL MULTI MODAL LOGISTICS
“Fantastic career development opportunity for degree educated high potential with a track record gained pan European retail logistics solutions design or supply chain development or business development or key account management”
Salary £50-60000 (Dependent Upon Experience) + Car, Bonus & Blue-Chip Benefits
Location: Northern Home Counties
Commutable from Hertfordshire, Essex, Greater London, East London, Central London, North London, West London, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Bedfordshire, Middlesex, Surrey
(locations for advertisement Watford, Hemel Hempstead, St Albans, High Wycombe, Potters Barr, Cheshunt, Hackney, Camden, Stratford, Chigwell, Greenwich, Bromley, Ealing, Wandsworth, Chiswick, Richmond, Maidenhead, Slough, Egham, Staines, Weybridge, Walton Thames)
Our long-established, US$ multibillion client designs and operates globally integrated supply chains combining origin and destination logistics solutions with transportation services across all modes and regions of the world.
Their brand is synonymous with service quality, reliability and operational excellence. They have a strong focus on delivering high-quality services across a number of verticals. As a result of promotion, they are now seeking a Key Account Manager to join a well-established team supporting the international supply chain of one of the world’s most exciting and dynamic growth, multinational retail formats. You will spend 2-3 days per week at the retail account head office in the Home Counties and 1-2 days working from home or our client’s head office in London. Both locations are easily accessible by road or rail networks.
- Manage our client’s global supply chain solution for a flagship key account customer.
- Drive business development to increase sales of our client’s sophisticated logistics and supply chain solutions and services delivered to its key account retail customer, improving profitability.
- Facilitate excellent performance across all multi modal logistics services delivered to the key account retail client.
- This will include achieving/exceeding customer’ expectations and driving process efficiencies in delivering relevant, effective service and solutions.
- Identify, develop and evaluate new business opportunities to expand the portfolio of core and value-added services offered to the Key Account.
- Development and maintenance of a customer specific road map to support this aim.
- Drive and manage solution design and project development and implementation.
- Supporting the design of operations and systems solutions to meet the identified requirements of the Key Account Customer. This will require working with internal teams e.g. Service Integrity, Operations and IT teams when designing and specifying the tailored customer solution.
- Responsible for all rate and contract negotiations for the dedicated Key Account ensuring achievement of targets in terms of profitability, budget and growth of the nominated Key Account.
- As part of the Retail Vertical team, the incumbent will extensively communicate with a wide variety of people, such as vendors, internal departments, client management and employees, at various levels of seniority.
- Continuously develop an excellent relationship with the Key Account Customer is a vital aspect to fulfil the above requirements.
The Ideal Candidate:
- The ideal candidate will be university degree educated, (a Master’s degree would be advantageous) and will possess a demonstrable track record of success and knowledge of solutions design, supply chain and logistics development, business development or key account management within the retail vertical.
- This experience may have been gained within a 3PL, or an international freight forwarder/multi modal operator or within a major international or European retailer specialising in fast moving apparel, homewares or grocery.
- Expertise will include a strong overall understanding of the retail supply chain from order management, vendor management, consolidation, global air, sea and land freight management, multi modal transportation, international hub management, deconsolidation, regional and destination distribution centres, store order fulfilment, distribution management.
- In addition, value added services ranging from retail point of sale (POS) to customised packaging, delivery optimisation and returns management.
- Fluent in English. A second European or International Language would be highly advantageous.
- A solutions-based approach to key account development, stakeholder engagement combined with excellent and highly developed communication and presentation skills.
- Highly numerate, analytical and commercially aware with the capability to deal with complexity.
- Capability to be both reactive and proactive within an extremely fast paced, high growth international retail environment.
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
In return our client offers excellent career development within a global multinational environment and excellent blue-chip salary and benefits package.