- Channel Islands (1)
- EUROPE (EU) (1)
- East Anglia (1)
- London (1)
- Midlands East x (2)
- Midlands West (2)
- North East (1)
- North West (inc. Isle of Man) (1)
- Northern Ireland (1)
- Scotland (1)
- South (inc. Isle of Wight) (1)
- South East (inc Home Counties) (1)
- South West (1)
- Thailand (1)
- Thames Valley (M4 Corridor) (1)
- Wales (1)
- Yorkshire (inc Humberside) (1)
- Permanent (2)
2 Midlands East Jobs Found
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
TECHNICAL MANAGER – PROCESS & PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT & TESTING
“Transformational change and leadership role for graduate calibre Engineering professional, with lean, CI & Six Sigma experience required to manage specification sales led technical operation. Experience of sheet metal CNC forming, pressing and welding processes, innovation, product development and testing advantageous”
c£55-60000 + Benefits
East/West Midlands border
Commutable from Nuneaton, Tamworth, Atherstone, Dordon, Bedworth, Hinckley, Lichfield, Ashby de la Zouche, Leicester, Coventry, Rugby, Lutterworth, Sutton Coldfield, Coleshill, Cannock, Rugeley, Burton upon Trent, Birmingham, Solihull, Warwick, Leamington Spa
Our client, a division of a large UK group, is a market leader in the specification sales led manufacture and supply of mechanical security and service access solutions to the industrial and commercial sector including hotels, airports, shopping centres, high rise buildings, supermarkets, distribution centres, hotels, rail/underground, hospitals/care homes, student accommodation, commercial and residential developments, interior design and fit out sector. The technical and sales team work closely with architects, engineers, main contractors and other specifiers. The products are both standard and bespoke.
With a broad remit and working with a small team you will lead the Technical function across one major site on the East/West Midlands border and oversight of another in Hertfordshire. You will work with design, product development, sales, CNC technical engineers/programmers, IT and production personnel. Using best practice, you will identify opportunities for increased efficiency, productivity & innovation. Your ultimate responsibility is to take the division, technically, from its current state to a higher level within a few years that will drive business growth with differentiated products.
Key to success in the role is oversight of testing, fire certification and compliance both routine and developmental in the light of building regulations and recent events in high rise buildings.
- Develop and evolve appropriate processes to efficiently drive new and existing product portfolio development, creating an environment to promote innovation, engineering integrity, reliability and best value.
- Develop and evolve effective processes to manage the compliance and timely delivery of customised manufacturing design data in line with agreed service levels.
- Effectively maintain the organisation’s product certification and regulatory compliance programme, ensuring appropriate systems and controls are in place to identify changes in regulatory and certification requirements and maintaining compliance throughout the specification of standard and customised products.
- Provide a source of technical leadership and expertise to the Division focussing on the development of engineering techniques.
- Lead initiatives to support the business’s waste reduction strategy through value engineering and design for manufacture.
- Develop appropriate KPIs that drive and measure continuous improvement.
- Lead the personal development and capability of the design and manufacturing support team members.
- Set and then work within established budgets, managing full costs associated with development of existing products and new product development.
- Maintain high standards around the company’s established operating principles of Lean Operational Excellence, Data Driven Decision Making, Profitable Growth, and Employee Engagement.
- Maintain and develop robust business systems including overseeing migration and implementation of new ERP system.
- Drive safety excellence within all technical operations and contribute to daily maintenance management.
- You will be an engineering graduate or time-served probably with HND or HNC and with c7/8 years proven experience in managing a technical, mechanical design or manufacturing environment ideally working with sheet metal or similar materials.
- Previous specific responsibilities may have been for mechanical design, production or/and engineering functions. Enjoys supporting manufacturing.
- Experience in managing and maintaining fire certifications and testing for passive fire protection products is desirable.
- Commercial understanding and used to serving customers daily.
- Strong focus on innovation and driving processes
- Exceptional communication and relationship management/building skills across all functions.
- A proven motivator, mentor and highly visible leader who has successfully worked and engaged with cross-functional teams.
- Assertive and effective decision making demonstrating a senior presence whilst also a team player.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to contribute to the strategic agenda.
- Expertise in lean/continuous improvement.
- Takes personal ownership and able to manage the journey.
- Strategically minded but tactically adept. Total business understanding and focus on key priorities.
- Future potential to progress further within the organisation. Able to take the business to new levels.
SENIOR OPERATIONS DIRECTOR – RETAIL LOGISTICS OPERATIONS
“3PL Grocery Retail Logistics operations. A fantastic opportunity for experienced grocery logistics professional with excellent multi-site, grocery retail DC operations management expertise to take the lead on high profile retail account”
£Competitive + Car Allowance + Bonus + Benefits
Actual Job Location: Thailand
Our client is one of the world’s most successful third party logistics service providers with an impressive portfolio of blue chip multinational accounts across a range of industry sectors.
This role is a high profile one, taking the lead in the further development and optimisation of multi –site logistics operations for one of Thailand’s largest grocery retailers.
As an experienced Grocery Logistics Distribution Centre Operations/General Manager, ideally with both 3PL and in-house experience, you will work closely with the client and will take the strategic and operational lead for multiple, automated and semi-automated DC’s in the Bangkok area. You will be responsible for strategic growth, operational development and performance covering both warehousing and transport logistics operations. You will also to continue to engage and develop an excellent key account focused, client relationship at VP level. The focus will be on the further development and growth of the business, against a stringent SLA and challenging KPI’s. You will lead, coach and develop your team of DC General Managers to create a best in class and high performing country operation.
To succeed in this role, you will be university degree educated, and will perhaps have benefitted from an in-depth management development programme either with a large 3PL or a food/grocery retailer. This will have encompassed a series of operational leadership roles covering both warehousing and transport (including acquisition of a CPC) interspersed with project work culminating in your current or most recent senior operational role, running either one or several large scale multi temperature FMCG retail NDCs or RDCs employing at least 900-1000 + staff, as a DC GM/Regional Manager or Director.
Your 3PL experience will have included extensive contract account management and client stakeholder engagement. Either in house or within a 3PL you will have built upon your project management and continuous improvement skills to reduce costs and increase efficiencies. You may already have been involved in new site openings, through to large scale physical and systems redesigns. This will all have been achieved whilst ensuring that operations remain fully functional delivering high levels of accuracy and on time delivery within a retail DC.
You will be strategic and commercially minded, with experience of shaping strategic plans and implementing cost saving initiatives in complex, large retail FMCG operations. You will be experienced in coaching and leading teams through numerous periods of change and growth, producing high performing teams. You will be ambitious, with a track record of successful performance improvement and results delivery, as you build your expertise in this exciting role, to eventually take on a senior executive leadership role at VP level in a developing international market.
The ideal applicant will be university degree educated perhaps in logistics or business or engineering. You will be a high energy, resilient person, with a warm personality and a real passion for developing people and driving a logistics business to succeed. Your talent and development reviews to date will already have earmarked you as a high potential talent.
From an operational perspective you must be adept at running a retail warehousing pick pack and despatch operation as well as a multi drop primary and secondary transport function. In terms of budgetary responsibility my client’s business is big - in the range of £60 million plus revenue so your financial management and planning skills will be excellent. Your attention to detail, self-control and drive will be of the highest levels. You will be comfortable persuading, influencing and presenting at both shop floor and director level internally and externally to the client.
Previous experience of working abroad or extended periods of travel to the Far East or other developing markets will be highly advantageous, but not a prerequisite, however you will need to be able to quickly adapt to a different cultural style and your personal people management and leadership approach will be one that respects loyalty and engenders trust whilst remaining highly results driven and focused on success. In return our client offers a competitive salary (low tax) and benefits such as car, bonus, pension, healthcare and fantastic career development. Relocation assistance will be provided including short term rental support and school fees.