1 FMCG & Retail Job Found
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
OPERATIONS MANAGER - CUSTOMER SERVICE, DELIVERIES/INSTALLATIONS & AFTER CARE – RESIDENTIAL FURNISHINGS & FITTINGS
“Excellent career development opportunity with fast growing online, FCA regulated, home furnishings and fittings business. Multifaceted management and operational leadership and process improvement role from customer order management to delivery/installation via independent contractors through to after care. Role will entail combination of office and F2F contractor and customer interface.”
£Negotiable Dependent On Experience + Benefits
Sunderland, Tyne & Wear
Our client is a fast growing, innovative and ambitious home furnishings and fittings business offering a unique and flexible online retail consumer offer. This includes FCA regulated flexible payment options. As well as plans to diversify their product offer, they are developing technology to make the order management, logistics, installations and customer experience as seamless and as excellent as possible.
As part of their continued growth they seek to appoint an Operations Manager Customer Service, Deliveries/Installations and After Care. The ideal applicant will have experience of successful management and performance within a similar role and contractually regulated environment in line with the Consumer Credit Act.
Working closely with colleagues in Marketing, Sales & Surveying and Logistics, the role will entail management, leadership and motivation of a customer service team who process orders and schedule deliveries installations; a team of self-employed independent contractors who undertake residential fittings and installations and all aspects of the aftercare process from onsite quality inspection of installations and resolution of customer concerns.
As our client is experiencing rapid growth, the successful candidate will have experience gained in a similar role shaping and embedding new customer service processes; evaluating and engaging with independent contractors and interfacing directly with householders when installations require inspection and issues require resolution.
- in line with Consumer Credit Act contractual service level targets, To take ownership of the full customer order management and delivery/installation life cycle, driving installation team performance, from delivery to high quality completion,
- To define and implement an excellent customer experience, in line with Consumer Credit Act contractual service level agreements from start to finish ensuring “right first time, on time and in full” installations and excellent customer advocacy
- To manage and develop the customer order management team in terms of prompt and efficient customer order processing, allocation and scheduling of resource for delivery installations, monitoring progress of installations with customers both during and post installation in line with targets
- To implement a continuous improvement culture across all aspect of the customer experience journey
- To understand and match the needs and expectations of customers, business stakeholders and installation partners
- To identify, attract, partner and support a network of high calibre installation contractors
- To manage installation standards and compliance to health and safety and legal requirements
- To undertake site visits to customer homes to inspect completed installations, interfacing with customers to ensure excellent customer service and satisfaction
- To review, feedback and resolve post installation issues including strict management of cost control in the unlikely event of remedial works
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience of a FCA and Consumer Credit Act regulated environment which may offer flexible payment options to residential/domestic customers.
- Current experience of working within a similar residential installation and fittings, customer service and installations management environment.
- This experience may have been gained within residential deliveries/ installations of one of the following: furniture and home electrical appliances such as televisions, satellite dishes, white goods, kitchens, carpets, flooring, blinds and curtains, bedrooms, bathrooms, windows, double glazing, conservatories, boilers, central heating. Candidates from the financial products/loans sector would also be considered if this experience is combined with retail experience offering flexible payment plans.
- Understanding of the B2C delivery/installations sales and marketing cycle, customer order taking and payments process, surveying and fitting service
- Proven ability to influence at all levels across the business and behave as an advocate of the customer service, installation and after care function
- Technical knowledge to a level, sufficient to be able to establish a highly competent installation and to arbitrate when conflicts do occur between customers, installation contractors and the business.
- Problem solving abilities and capable of working, contributing and influencing as part of a management team within an ambitious and rapidly evolving business
- Full clean driving licence
- Flexible, resilient and adaptable.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, inspirational and ambitious.
- Computer literate with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Well-presented and able to confidently engage and influence senior management, customers and installation contractors.
In return our client offers a competitive salary and benefits package including use of a company van during business hours.