- Permanent (6)
6 Thames Valley (M4 Corridor) Jobs Found
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
“Exciting new role, ideal for ambitious Management Accountant to join international commodity trading business. Experience of Foreign Exchange (FX), cashflow forecasting & management and reporting and international trade.”
C£65-80000 + Bonus and Benefits
Location: North West London NW11 (Nearest Tube, Northern Line, Tooting Broadway)
Hendon, Hampstead, Brent Cross, Camden Town, Islington, Enfield, Wembley, Hackney, Hammersmith, Holloway, Wood Green, Tottenham, Richmond, Ealing, St Johns Wood, Kilburn, Neasden, Park Royal, Greater London
Our client is well established and successful commodity trading business, specialising in non-ferrous metals and alloys and operating from several international locations.
As part of its ongoing growth strategy, our client has created the new role of Finance Manager to report to the CEO. Career prospects to Head of Finance/Finance Director or even CFO are a realistic possibility for the successful candidate as our client has enjoyed strong and consistent year on year growth since its inception. This role would be ideal for a commercially focused ACA or CIMA (or equivalent) qualified and ambitious management /financial accountant.
This is a fast paced, time sensitive environment and the role of Finance Manager will entail close contact with the trading team as they buy and sell metals and alloys across the world. Therefore, experience of FX Foreign Exchange in multiple currencies will be essential. In addition, the specific focus will be on finance and accounting including cash flow and management reporting. Our client works in partnership with several banks to facilitate and process large financial transactions – therefore experience of confidently working closely with banks, arranging lines of credit and timely transfer of funds will be critical.
Production of management accounts will be a core part of the role, analysing, reporting, and advising senior leadership based on solid insight and analysis to drive decision-making. In short you will operate as a trusted business partner.
You will implement financial processes, controls, and frameworks to manage the full financial cycle including liaison with an outsourced partner for the production of statutory accounts. The objective will be to bring this function in house in due course.
A creative and practical problem solver you will have a continuous improvement approach and excellent time management skills. You will be adept at managing strict deadlines with minimal supervision, operating at Board level and with excellent reporting, presentation, interpersonal and relationship building skills.
Our client operates a small and close-knit team working culture, supporting, and constructively challenging each other to deliver exception results. So, if you feel that you have skills and experience and desire to play a key role in the strategic growth of an exciting international trading company, increasing turnover and EBIT then contact us straightaway.
To apply, please email your CV, quoting reference LX 950589 to email@example.com Telephone 01905 381 320 www.martinveasey.com
SALES MANAGER - PRECAST CONCRETE PRODUCTS
"Showcase your innovative and successful strategic sales and channel to market capabilities in a high-profile role targeting residential, commercial, industrial and specification sales customer segments."
c£65000 (Dependent on Experience) Car Bonus Benefits
Location: National Field Based Role - Hybrid Working available
Having well-established relationships with long-standing customers is the backbone of every successful business. However, there is a danger of relying too much on those customers and not branching out.
As an experienced Sales Manager, you'll have seen businesses fall into that trap, so what if you could create a new niche in an established business and open their products up to a new sector?
That's precisely what our client intends to do, and your employment is the start point for this new venture.
Currently, the company sells precast concrete products such as flooring and stairs to national UK housebuilders and various aligned sectors. And they've created a very well regarded and successful business off the back of these core sector.
But, as someone with extensive knowledge of the precast concrete industry, you know there are many other channels to market they could attack. Possibilities include builders' merchants, regional housebuilders, architects, major contractors, care homes, social and modular housing, schools, hospitals, universities, and student accommodation.
This isn't a traditional sales role, as you'll need an entrepreneurial flair to identify and analyse the potential opportunities for our client. Working with the commercial team, you can carry out market and competitor analysis then work out the best routes to market. Having created your plan, your role then becomes sales-focused to land the contracts.
As for your background, our client envisages you will have significant experience of working in a senior sales role in the precast concrete industry. Understanding the logistics and movement of large precast concrete products will be helpful to ensure commercial success in this role. You will be both a hunter and farmer adept at both winning new business and also strategic account management.
As you can see, there is much more detail to discuss on this role, so please indicate your interest by emailing your CV quoting reference LX 930640 or call us on 01905 381 320.
SITE ENGINEERING MANAGER - PRODUCTION & PROCESSING PLANT
"Exciting, high profile role for experienced Engineering Manager to join UK market leader at its flagship lean production & processing site"
£60-65000 Bonus & Benefits
Northern Home Counties
Commutable from Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Northamptonshire, Hertfordshire, Oxfordshire, Cambridgeshire
Our client is a market leader and operates several plants in the UK.
They are seeking an experienced Site Engineering Manager to take the lead at a strategically important site located in the Northern Home Counties.
Reporting to the Site Manager, the Engineering Manager, will operate as part of a national Engineering & Manufacturing Excellence function and will lead a team of electricians and mechanical fitters, ensuring that plant equipment and maintenance systems are maintained, developed and improved within a lean manufacturing and Continuous Improvement environment and culture. The focus is safety first and zero harm and as Site Engineering Manager you will champion and proactively promote this safe working ethos amongst your team and contractors. You will lead the daily management of a production critical maintenance department on a processing/manufacturing site which operates on a 24/7 basis. Assets include hydraulics, pneumatics, conveyors, batching plant, curing chambers, steam, boiler systems, PLC's, variable speed drives, cutting, packaging and palletising equipment, robots.
Therefore, our client is seeking an Engineering professional (mechanical or electrical) with a recent track record of engineering and maintenance team leadership gained within a "best in class", quality focused, manufacturing operation.
As a member of the senior management team, the Site Engineering Manager will manage an experienced and competent team of mechanical and electrical engineers and will work with the Production Manager and cross functional colleagues in implementing all maintenance operations both, mechanical and electrical across inspection, planning, scheduling, execution and improvement phases. The focus will be on delivering a culture of continuous improvement and proactive maintenance not only in maintenance operations but also safety and health, environmental compliance and plant reliability, establishing strong relationships both internally with central Engineering and Manufacturing Excellence and externally with OEMS and contractors.
* Develop a high-performing engineering and maintenance team with a culture of delivery and continuous improvement through effective leadership and management to deliver operational excellence.
* Ensure compliance with all relevant statutory legislation and the internal company Safety, Health and Environmental Standards.
* Drive improvements in plant availability and performance, including costs, through the implementation of company engineering maintenance best practices across the whole site.
* Own, develop and evolve the engineering maintenance strategy, implementing a common maintenance platform.
* To monitor and ensure implementation and delivery of engineering maintenance procedures, initiatives and controls across all areas of responsibility.
* Liaise between functions to ensure team work, consistency, co ordination and best practice to eliminate losses from poor practices or communication and to expedite learning.
* As part of the senior management team, develop annual maintenance budgets, highlighting operational constraints and the value adding performance that Engineering can make.
* Ensure the application of defect elimination/Pareto/root cause failure analysis to all losses and be responsible for the recommendation/implementation of solutions.
* Management of the established site maintenance, planning and cost reporting systems to maximise their potential to the organisation.
* Keep abreast of and apply where appropriate new condition monitoring technologies, maintenance improvement 'tools' and processes.
* Support the development of engineering staff by defining, and where necessary, providing training in activities that support maintenance improvement and coaching.
* Define and implement KPI's to monitor the performance of all maintenance employees and contractors.
* Apply and communicate the national engineering and maintenance improvement strategy for the site including proactively supporting cross functionally to ensure maintenance practices are adopted and implemented.
The Ideal Candidate:
* Qualified in engineering with a good understanding of mechanical engineering and electrical engineering. Qualifications in 17th or 18th edition, IOSH, NEBOSH would be highly advantageous although training will be provided
* Your engineering & maintenance team management experience will be from a very high safety culture, heavy industrial processing sector such as steel, chemicals, cement, construction materials, energy/power or similar environment.
* Experience using lean and continuous improvement techniques including root cause analysis and fault-finding techniques will be critical to success. Change and project management experience will therefore be highly advantageous.
* You will have experience of preparing and managing engineering budgets.
* An appreciation of a wide variety of engineering disciplines i.e. electrical, mechanical, chemical, process control and optimisation will be critical to success and credibility in this role.
* Excellent project management skills are essential as you will play a key site lead role, as part of the national engineering and manufacturing excellence team, on capital expenditure projects.
* A high level of IT literacy is essential i.e. Microsoft and maintenance management and process control systems.
* You will be an excellent communicator both in written and verbal format with executive presence, gravitas and technical and professional credibility.
* You will have a demonstrable track record of maintenance team leadership, motivation and development, working closely with HR to produce competency matrices, training plans, talent identification, coaching and mentoring.
* You will be an adept at engaging at all levels from the maintenance team to senior management nationally and cross functionally, with well-honed persuasion and influencing skills.
Sales Director - UK Aftermarket Solutions
Salary £80-100000 (Dependent on Experience) Car Bonus Excellent Benefits
South Manchester National Remit - Hybrid Working
If you're an experienced sales director, the words "low-hanging fruit" will be music to your ears as you know that grabbing some quick wins is always a great way to start a new role.
Usually, there are only a handful of opportunities to take advantage of, but this role is a little different.
Our client is a well-established manufacturer of equipment for the metals industry., They are a primary supplier of speciality machinery to companies worldwide. They have a vast installed customer base and operate as a leading global partner across many industry sectors.
Our client is enjoying excellent global growth and investment adding the latest digital solutions to their equipment to add value to its customers' production performance.
They now wish to further strengthen customer relationships by prioritising their aftermarket sales as a core focus. And they want someone with your skills to lead UK aftermarket solutions across spare parts, services, equipment modernisation and upgrades and digital.
So, as Sales Director, you will take an overarching role across all the group's products, creating, implementing, and leading an aftermarket sales strategy. They have an extensive back catalogue of customers and previously supplied equipment, so you and your team have an immediate prospect list to attack and gain those quick wins.
Our client supplies their equipment to companies of all sizes, from SMEs up to global multinationals, so you'll need to demonstrate experience in engaging with engineering, technical and purchasing stakeholders in relation to contractual pricing and service agreements.
As for your background, our client envisages you will have significant experience in aftermarket sales, including servicing and maintenance contracts and upselling new equipment against old. In addition, you'll have the gravitas and character to lead a 20-strong sales team across the businesses and work with the European technical centres to understand new product developments and new sales angles.
Overall, this role offers an experienced Sales Director the opportunity to take ownership of a strategically important function of the group and stamp their mark on the business.
SITE/PLANT MANAGER - MANUFACTURING/PRODUCTION PROCESSING
"High profile leadership and transformational change management role for Plant Management professional with a track record of people development, engagement and continuous improvement leading to best-in-class OEE and safety."
c.£70-75000 (salary DOE) Car/Allowance, Bonus & Benefits
Northern Home Counties
Commutable from Buckinghamshire, Northamptonshire, Hertfordshire, Oxfordshire, Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire
Our client is a market leader within the construction/building materials sector and operates several plants in the UK.
They are seeking a professional Site/Plant Manager, ideally educated to degree standard in an engineering discipline or similar, to take the lead at a strategically important site located in the Northern Home Counties
The Site/Plant Manager will provide leadership, guidance and direction for manufacturing and production operations, ensuring sustainable performance aligned with strategic corporate objectives and delivery of business commitments. As Site/Plant Manager you will be responsible for optimising labour, site safety, material and equipment resources to maximise the Plants production capability and meet customer expectations with excellent quality and service as the site takes on increased customer volumes.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong technical engineering and production background gained within the heavy processing industry and will be able to build a vision referenced to experience in "best in class" plant management. The Site/Plant Manager will be a strong leader with the ability to challenge, drive, coach, inspire and motivate a team to become "best in class". You will also be an excellent problem solver, structured, systematic and logical with a track record of project management in the context of turnaround, transformation and continuous improvement.
* Operating a safe Plant, continuously driving towards sustaining a positive safety and health culture.
* Develop a long-term vision for the plant.
* Provide exemplary leadership, setting demanding standards and driving high performance from the team.
* Build a customer focussed performance culture within the business and a climate to inspire the team to achieve world class performance and reliability.
* Ensure that the production commitments in terms of volume, deadlines, and product conformity are met.
* Ensure the plant complies with UK legislation, with specific regard to health & safety, environmental and employment laws.
* Be responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of the plant performance plan, plant team assessment and budget to achieve identified improvements.
* Ensure product quality meets agreed targets and ensure that plant capability is sustained through optimisation of the process.
* Manage the operating and capital budgets, maintaining a vigilant approach to reducing costs.
* Lead and manage change programmes with clear goals, drive and engagement; Drive for continuous improvement.
* Ensure positive working relations with employees and their representatives within the plant.
The Ideal Candidate:
* Ideally degree educated in Engineering or similar. Must understand engineering and business principles. Technical knowledge of manufacturing, and modern maintenance technology and methods will be integral to success and credibility in this role.
* Consistent multinational industry career history including existing or recent experience as a Site/Plant Manager.
* Track record of people development, engagement, change and continuous improvement leading to best-in-class OEE and safety standards.
* Experience in Project Management, business and systems analysis highly advantageous but people management and leadership is key and foremost to success in this role.
* Experienced Lean or Continuous Improvement champion, including 5S, with track record of excellent team development and engagement in this context would be an advantage.
* Demonstrable experience of cross functional and multi-level interaction and working in a matrix organisation.
* Led & achieved results in a multi or single site role, managing cross functionally.
* Experience of leading and managing employee relations at a senior level within a unionised environment.
* Proven skills and capabilities in leadership, communication, capability, collaboration, and problem solving.
* Excellent experience of £multimillion financial and budgetary management, the budgeting process and CAPEX business case approval process.
* Fluent Business English both verbal and written.
* IT literate across Microsoft
* Resilient, driven, results focused personality - a high achiever
VP Transportation – APAC
US/£/€Very Competitive Six Figure Base Salary + Bonus + Blue Chip Benefits + Relocation Assistance
South East Asia
You may think you’re a big hitter in transportation and logistics but are you ready to up your game?
Can you build on your success in your current territory and take it to an emerging market? Would you like to impart your knowledge of best practice and develop a large, complex third-party contract logistics operation in a different country?
What if there was an opportunity to head up a 3PL operation in South East Asia? And be relocated as well?
Enough of the questions. As an experienced VP/Senior Director of Transportation with an outstanding career in 3PL and in-house, you may be the person they need.
Ideally, you’ll be degree qualified in a relevant discipline, and your background will be from retail, grocery, or FMCG. Importantly, you’ll be able to demonstrate the effective management of complex 3PL or in-house operations of at least 1000 vehicles across multiple sites.
Suppose you’ve worked in Europe, the US, or the APAC region. In that case, you’ll be used to operating across multiple areas with different borders and infrastructures, and that’s important as our client needs someone who can quickly adapt to different cultures and procedures.
If you’ve previously headed up a 3PL operation and then moved to an in-house role with a large, multi-national operation, that could work as well. The nature of the cluster means a broad scope of supply, covering retail, fmcg, eCommerce, pharma, technology network, from the major cities and conurbations all the way through to the tourist hubs around the region. As such, the operations are complex, and there are significant strategic and operational challenges in coordinating all these varied activities.
As you can imagine, this certainly isn’t a generic role, and there’s plenty of detail we’ll need to discuss, so start the ball rolling by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference LX 703438