1 Wales Job Found
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
INTERIM SITE MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT – MATERNITY COVER
“Interesting Interim Maternity Cover opportunity for a part or recently qualified CIMA/ACCA Management Accountant to join a large industrial manufacturing site within a UK market leader, part of a global plc.”
C£28-32000 (Pro Rata) + Excellent Benefits
Location: Cardiff, South Wales
Commutable from Cardiff, Aberthaw, Barry, Newport, Caerphilly, Penarth, Bridgend, Chepstow, Swansea, Monmouth, Bristol, Ross on Wye.
This is an interesting interim maternity cover opportunity for a part or recently qualified CIMA/ACCA Management Accountant to undertake a minimum six months maternity cover. Our client is a UK market leader, part of a global plc and this role as Site Management Accountant is located at one of its most important manufacturing plants in South Wales.
The Interim Site Management Account role is a key role working closely with the Plant Manager and the senior management team, providing financial advice, support and challenge as part of the decision-making processes including tactical planning and decisions.
The Interim Site Management Accountant will also work closely with a Head Office based Finance Business Partner, National Finance Manager for the Division and a Shared Service Finance team
You will take full responsibility with the Plant Manager and senior team to ensure continuous improvements in Variable and Fixed Costs and production and technical KPIs. You will own the plant production book including raw materials and finished stock receipting and you will update records and challenge the numbers where required. You will produce daily, weekly and monthly production statistics, with true ownership and understanding of the numbers.
Specifically, you ensure clarification and understanding of the plant’s operational and business performance, helping to drive the consistent application of accounting policies & procedures and budget control/ accountability with individual functional and departmental teams on site.
Importantly you will also provide support to the central finance team in relation to financial reporting and analysis in accordance with Sarbanes Oxley compliance.
- Cover purchase requests, goods receipting, accounts payable queries as well as other additional duties to ensure timely and accurate reports can be run for the plant.
- Ensure the period Close timetable is adhered to.
- Provide relevant and accurate management information to the Works Managers and their teams.
- Assist FBP with the production of timely and accurate financial information meets specified deadlines and formats.
- Assist FBP in ensuring integrity of the plant accounting records and assets and liabilities.
- Assist FBP to compile robust and accurate forecasts and budgets.
- Compliance with statutory and company requirements in respect of the reporting of results, assets and liabilities.
- Develop partnership with Plant Manager to enable the delivery of works operational and financial objectives.
- Assist plant management team in delivery of all Plant Excellence initiative.
- Active involvement and contribution to the continuous improvement process within the works including the financial evaluation of forecasts and the decision-making processes and the monitoring of progress.
- Support Plant with SOX compliance for auditing and day to day activities.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Available to commence a new role within 1-4 weeks maximum.
- Educated to minimum A level or University Degree.
- Part or recently qualified CIMA or ACCA.
- Experience of SAP/BW.
- Experience as a Management Accountant at Manufacturing, large Operational or Logistics/Distribution Site.
- Previous manufacturing/process accounting experience, including detailed inventory accounting.
- Experience ideally gained within a large national or multinational environment
- Strong business acumen and track record within a private sector commercial environment.
- Confident, highly visible communication and relationship building style.
- Be a pro-active member of the plant management team, providing expert support and ad-hoc business and operational analysis.
- This role would not suit someone who wishes to be desk bound, rather it would suit someone who wishes to be an active member of the site management team, out and about on the plant working with the team
- Able to demonstrate high level of written and numerical literacy, with strong Excel skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good management, organisational and communication skills
- Ability to identify and drive process change and improvement