4 Sales & Marketing Jobs Found
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
ASPHALT TECHNICAL PRODUCT SUPPORT MANAGER
“Experienced Asphalt technical or Asphalt operations professional to identify and drive key account specification sales led business opportunities within value added and specialist asphalt technical product sales. Must have experience of delivering CPD presentations to Architects, Main Contractors and Specifiers”
C£40-45000 + Car/Allowance, Bonus & Benefits
Newcastle Upon Tyne (Northern Field Based Remit)
Commutable Locations: Tyne & Wear, Durham, North Yorkshire, Stockton on Tees, Northumberland
Our client is a multisite division of a large and well-respected FTSE 100 international group specialising in construction materials. Due to impending retirement our client is now seeking an Asphalt Technical Product Support Manager. This is an interesting and varied role covering the Northern/North East region of the UK.
As Asphalt Technical Product Support Manager, you will work closely with commercial teams to identify opportunities for business growth and upselling of non-standard valued added and special asphalt products. Therefore, you must have at least 3-4 years asphalt technical experience gained in a design, operations or technical role. This will be very important as you will be communicating and building relationships with asphalt technical personnel both internally and externally about specifications, additives, planning, production and asphalt technicians on site.
You will also possess the confident personality and drive to build relationships and undertake CPD presentations to architects, local authorities, specifiers, main contractors. Internally you will be responsible for training commercial colleagues both within internal and external sales whilst also being responsible for coordinating production including asphalt plant capability, commercial and logistics. You will also be involved in new production innovation to meet customer requirements. So effectively you will operate as a key account manager and a technical product specialist. Experience of different types of bitumen, additives and polymers would be advantageous but training will be provided however core asphalt technical knowledge as a foundation skill set, as outlined above, will be a prerequisite.
- To maximise Asphalt Value Added Product sales through identification of opportunities and technical upselling of the key benefits which asphalt value added products can deliver.
- A key customer support role within the Northern/North East Region, focussing on developing Local Authority and Main/Key Contractor relationships leading to promotion of primarily Asphalt Solutions/Value Added Products via CPD presentations, regular meetings, contract reviews, site assessments, material selection, specification and pavement design input.
- To participate in the national technical approach / ‘technical sell’ to external specifiers, architects, contractors and local authorities to ensure Asphalt Value Added Products/Innovation become accepted for use and are ideally specified.
- To differentiate our client from its competition by providing a unique level of service/support in terms of specification writing, product selection and sustainability advice.
- Intelligent focussed Asphalt Value Added Product promotion based on national and local targets with based on projected profit / return at specific supply units.
- Increased volumes / wallet share from Local Authorities by becoming a supplier of choice.
- Attending Commercial meetings and identifying and supporting associated opportunities. Identifying slow moving Asphalt Value Added Products and contributing to creating action plans to improve sales.
- To participate in the practical development of new products and facilitation of any related trials
- To ensure successful launch of new products within the Region and thereafter support and monitor longer term sales progress.
- To support commercial in the review, support and assessment of Accredited Contractors, including advice and control of the use of our client’s Value-Added Products.
- Contribute to Marketing and Client Communication newsletters
- Promote our client’s Asphalt Value Added Products at industry conferences and events
- Leading key commercial training requirements i.e. Role to selected product range.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Currently working within construction materials sector and specifically with Asphalt/Bitumen products.
- Asphalt technical knowledge including asphalt technical operations will be a prerequisite for this role.
- Must have at least 3-4 years Asphalt technical experience gained in a design, operations or technical role.
- Examples of qualified experience may include asphalt plant management, asphalt quality control, asphalt quality approval and inspection, paving and construction operations, asphalt technical services and field support or other relevant asphalt paving design experience.
- Experience as an asphalt additive or asphalt speciality product field support or technical sales role would also be very relevant.
- Ability to perform and understand asphalt volumetric mix design and quality control processes, specifications ideal.
- Working familiarity with asphalt plant operation, controls, automation and mechanisms.
- Able to communicate effectively with asphalt production, operation and construction crews and colleagues.
- Ability to perform under pressure to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Confident personality and drive to build long term sustainable B2B relationships and undertake CPD presentations to architects, local authorities, specifiers, main contractors.
- Experience of different types of bitumen and additives and polymers would be advantageous.
- First-hand experience of operational technical duties, preferably including site operations.
- Previous experience of dealing with customer issues and preferably with existing established Local Authority contacts / relationships.
- Demonstrate strong commercial acumen and a personal hunger and drive to succeed.
- Working knowledge of Quality Assurance systems and procedures.
- Knowledge of pavement design concepts and issues.
- Planning, organising and time management skills.
- Good ability to communicate with customers and colleagues. Collaborative and consultative style.
- Computer literate especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent longer-term career development opportunities with our multinational client into broader sales roles or into research and development, pavement design or QC.
To apply without delay, please email your CV quoting reference J13627.
PR & MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR -B2B
“Newly created opportunity for degree educated journalism and PR focused marketing communications professional to support three business units specialising in the construction/building/architectural materials, industrial flooring, access solutions and fire protection products/solutions sector.”
C£25-30000 + Benefits
Commutable from: Birmingham, Coventry, Warwick, Nuneaton, Atherstone, Bedworth, Rugby, Kenilworth, Leamington Spa Sutton Coldfield, Lichfield, Dordon, Coleshill, Stratford on Avon, Leicester, Rugby, Bromsgrove, Lichfield, Tamworth, Hinckley, Ashby de la Zouche
Our client is a market leader in access, secure entry and fire protection solutions to the industrial and retail construction projects sector working with architects, consulting engineers, specifiers and main construction contractors.
This is a newly created position to support our client's growth plans for its range of bespoke, solutions in the UK market. As a result of acquisition and merger they would like to appoint a PR & Marketing Communications Coordinator to work closely with the Divisional Marketing Manager in the delivery of the PR/Public Relations and marketing communications strategy and plan for the UK business. At least 90% of the role will be focused on PR/Public Relations and the associated content creation including writing press releases, case studies and technical sales support collateral for the three businesses and their sales teams. Therefore, this role will suit someone with a flair for writing and a track record of producing PR material and content.
- Work with the sales teams across the three businesses to develop PR & marketing communications activities, optimising synergies where possible and driving PR & marketing communications initiatives through to completion.
- Support the sales team and their lead generation activities with the production of PowerPoint and CPD presentations to support major specification sales project bids and tenders.
- Maintain and add to the content on all three company websites.
- Implement effective SEO techniques to improve organic search results.
- Maintain social media presence across the different channels (in particular Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and YouTube)
- Design and create print ready artwork for adverts, exhibition graphics, brochures and case studies and CPD presentations
- Produce/write copy for the website(s), including technical data sheets, CPDs, case studies, blogs, news, brochures and email marketing campaigns.
- Organise all aspects of exhibition attendance including stand planning, booking and creation of exhibition graphics and promotional materials.
- Manage the creation of technical articles and maintain regular contact with relevant trade press editors and trade bodies to ensure coverage.
- Write and circulate press releases.
- Set up and manage advertising campaigns including social media and industry trade bodies
- Monitor website performance.
- Organise customer events from venue booking, content planning and invitation through to follow up.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role in B2B Public Relations and Marketing Communications, and will preferably have a relevant journalism or marketing degree. This may be supplemented with a Chartered Institute of Marketing qualification or Post Graduate studies/training in journalism and/or public relations, creative writing, digital strategy and marketing communications. You will be a self-motivated team player with the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Experience of working closely with commercial sales/specification sales teams, in a PR and marketing communications role, within the B2B sector.
- Evidence/portfolio of strong copy writing skills for online and offline content including case studies, CPDs, articles, press releases, advertorials and blogs
- Experience of using Adobe InDesign and Photoshop, knowledge of Adobe Illustrator an advantage
- Knowledge of content management system (ideally WordPress) very useful
- Experience of using CRM system
- Experience of managing social media channels
- Experience of organising exhibitions and events
- A positive ‘Can-do’ attitude with a hands-on approach within a dynamic high growth business.
- Confident personality, able to influence and work in partnership with senior stakeholders such as the Sales Director, Managing Director and Sales/Commercial teams in relation to PR and marketing plans.
- Ambitious and keen to develop a career in PR and Marketing Communications.
TECHNICAL PRODUCT SUPPORT MANAGER – Asphalt and Pavement Design Technology
“Support Commercial, Bid and Operational Teams by promoting pavement assessment, design, rehabilitation services and materials to Local Authorities, Highways England, Contractors and major Civil Engineering Consultancies.”
North England and Scotland
c£40000/45000+Car+Bonus+blue chip company benefits
Our client is a market leader in highways contracting solutions and supply of materials for pavement construction. They work with Local Authorities, Highways England, civil engineering consultancies and main contractors.
You will work within the Technical Directors team working closely with Commercial & Bid teams and will promote both contracting services and materials including asphalt and value-added materials.
This is a fantastic role for a qualified and experienced business development person to promote asphalt and value-added products in the region. You will be experienced in presentations and support to customers. Most importantly you will be highly technical adept in relation to asphalt materials, technology and contracting operations.
- Maximise Value Added product sales through identification of opportunities and technical upselling of the key benefits they can deliver
- Key customer support within the Region, focussing on developing Local Authority and Key Contractor relationships leading to promotion of primarily Asphalt Solutions and Added Value products via presentations, regular meetings, contract review, site assessments, material selection, specification and pavement design input.
- Participate in the national technical approach and technical sell to external specifiers and local authorities to ensure Value-Added Products and Innovation become accepted for use and are ideally specified.
- Differentiate from the competition by providing a unique level of service and support in terms of specification writing, product selection and sustainability advice.
- Increased volumes and share from Local Authorities by becoming supplier of choice.
- Regular liaison and support to selected Local Authorities, targeted Key Contractors and National Contracting division within sector and geographical locations to increase Value Added Product sales.
- Intelligent focussed Value-Added Product promotion based on national and local targets based on projected profit and return at specific supply units.
- Ensuring Region and Area focus on National Value-Added Product related initiatives and establish a faster route to market for new products where possible.
- Attending Commercial meetings and identifying and supporting associated opportunities. Identifying slow moving Value-Added Products and contributing to creating action plans to improve sales.
- Identify future R&D opportunities and participate in the development and launch of new products within the Region, support and monitor longer term sales progress.
- Support commercial team in the review, support and assessment of accredited contractors, including advice and control of the use of Value-Added Products.
- Assist with securing supplies to longer term Local Authority Framework Contracts via National Contracting or material supply deals with incumbent or newly contractors.
- Contribute to Marketing and Client Communication newsletters and promote Value-Added Products at industry conferences and events. Leading key commercial training requirements in selected product ranges.
- Develop excellent relationships with Local Authorities, key customers, Technical Teams, Systems Manager, Technical Centre, Site Technicians, Regional and Concrete Value-Added Product peers, National BDM’s and Area Sales Managers, External and Internal Sales, National Contracting, Production, Logistics, External Consultants etc.
- First-hand experience of operational technical duties, including site contracting operations.
- Previous experience of dealing with customer issues and preferably with existing established Local Authority contacts and relationships.
- Good understanding of both industry and current asphalt and other product availability and keen to focus on future needs and opportunities.
- Good knowledge of local issues in the Northern England and Scotland region and ability to identify opportunities.
- Working knowledge of Quality Assurance systems and procedures would be useful.
- Knowledge of pavement design concepts and issues.
- Planning, organising and time management skills.
- Good ability to communicate effectively with customers and colleagues. Strong presentation skills.
- Computer literate.
- Full driving license as there will be extensive travel throughout the region.
AREA SALES/KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER – BUILDERS MERCHANT CHANNEL
“Graduate calibre, high potential, construction materials /building products regional sales and account manager required to drive key account growth within the builder’s merchants’ channel”.
C£35-46000 + Bonus + Car + Benefits
Location: London, South East, Home Counties (Flexible Field & Home-Based role)
Commutable locations: London, Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire, Essex, Kent, Berkshire, Wiltshire, Surrey, Sussex, Hampshire
Our client is a major group specialising in the construction materials sector. It is an iconic brand with an excellent and highly successful track record, and is undoubtedly regarded as a market leader. This is an excellent opportunity for a university degree educated and experienced construction materials/building products Sales & Key Account Management professional. The successful candidate will ideally already have experience of sales and key account management into the builders’ merchant sector. This must include experience of training branch staff in the benefits and advantages and technical applications of market leading products. A good understand of marketing, merchandising, brand and category management within the builders’ merchant sector would be ideal. The role will cover the Home Counties and London region of the UK and the successful candidate can be based anywhere along the M1, M40, M25, M4 and M3.
As an Area Sales/Key Account Manager, you will have responsibility for developing and driving the growth plans across your area, the objective for the Area Sales Manager will include the continuing development of strong and sustainable customer relationships, optimising sales activity and ensuring a high level of customer service.
You will take complete ownership of the area. This will involve managing key relationships with branches of national and independent builder’s merchants, so previous experience of selling into this sector is important, however we may also consider applicants with experience of selling building materials/products via other channels.
Day to day, you will be responsible for:
- Achievement of sales/profit targets (volume, revenue, product mix & margin) ensuring that customers adhere to agreements and forecasts
- Preparation and development of business plans for your territory.
- Increased sales value through up-selling of products and other value added/premium products, using value propositions and marketing support to encourage sales where appropriate.
- Ownership of account relationship development within your territory working closely with national key account management, internal sales and operational colleagues to ensure excellent customer service.
- Development of sales propositions, analysis and presentation of territory branch performance metrics and activity plans.
- Proactively identify new customers and opportunities with high commercial value.
- Improve monitoring of customer performance through providing accurate forecasts, reviewing progress monthly.
- Prioritise activity (eg customer visits) to commercial value (profits, volume and revenue).
- Oversee technical support for products, ensuring customer satisfaction with the quality of products sold, escalating to technical teams if appropriate.
The Ideal Person:
The successful applicant will possess the following skills, attributes and experience:
- University degree educated.
- Excellent Key Account Management track record.
- Currently working for a market leading brand within the construction materials or building products market sector.
- Must have experience of key account management/sales into the builders’ merchant channel.
- Demonstrable track record of sales success, selling construction material/building products into the builders’ merchant sector. Experience of selling construction equipment or tooling would also be considered.
- An understanding of merchandising, category and brand marketing within the builders’ merchant channel would be very advantageous.
- Strong negotiation skills and a customer-focused approach.
- Excellent commercial acumen with experience in developing new business whilst managing existing accounts.
- Excellent presentation skills. Confident, credible, knowledgeable and mature manner.
- Intelligent, articulate, professional, presentable and with a high level of integrity.
- Driven, energetic, dynamic, and committed to grow the region. Be able to develop and build on an existing client base / portfolio.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills.
- A self-starter with excellent organisational, planning, prioritisation and time management skills.
- An aspiring, target driven, self-motivated, enthusiastic "do it now" attitude towards your work is essential.
Career development prospects are excellent within this multinational group.