- Permanent (2)
2 South East (inc Home Counties) Jobs Found
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
MARINE AGGREGATES SHIP MANAGER/TECHNICAL SUPERINTENDENT
“Career development opportunity for Vessel/Technical Superintendent or similar Marine Engineering Specialist to join UK division of multinational plc within the aggregates and construction materials sector”
£50-60000 (DOE) + Excellent Benefits including Relocation Assistance
Commutable from Sussex, Surrey, Hampshire, West Kent
Our client’s marine division supplies high quality natural sand and gravel aggregates from the seabed off the UK for use in ready mixed and pre-cast concrete, general construction and coastal defence schemes. Our client is seeking a Vessel or Technical Superintendent with a strong marine engineering background for the role of Marine Aggregates Ship Manager for its UK team. The team comprises a group of specialists in marine and wharf operations, ship engineering and mineral resources, based in West Sussex. Your objective will be to monitor and deliver vessel performance and all aspects of the technical operation, driving marine and engineering standards onboard your assigned vessels.
Our client operates a fleet of four ships purpose built for aggregate dredging The ships/dredgers operate round the clock, 24 hours per day, seven days per week, extracting sand and gravel from licensed dredging areas in the North Sea, English Channel, Bristol Channel and Irish Sea.
The ships/dredgers deliver cargoes to landing points close to where the aggregates are used such as wharves with onsite processing plants along the River Thames, along the south coast between Shoreham and Southampton, in South and North Wales and in SW and NW England. Each dredger uses satellite navigation to dredge accurately and precisely locate aggregate reserves on the seabed.
- Responsible for the safe and economical day to day operation of vessels under your control, ensuring they comply with statutory and class certification.
- Leadership and management of the on vessel/ship-based team and the office-based team.
- Accountable for the performance of these vessels against budget.
- Provide a high level of technical support and supervision.
- Responsible for improvement and development of the AMOS marine planned maintenance and purchasing system, improving reliability and achieving world class vessel performance.
- Responsible for the company’s’ entire fleet spares stock holding, including increasing stock value, depreciation and stock write offs to ensure management of critical spares.
- Marine aggregates business improvement programmes such as ongoing fleet optimisation including taking accountability for a associated KPI’s
- Responsible for upgrades and modifications to vessels to overcome obsolescence and improve vessel performance. Investigate and assess innovative ways of maximising out turn and improving equipment longevity.
- Responsible for CAPEX applications for vessel technical requirements from instigation to compliance and completion sign off. CAPEX and OPEX budget performance reporting.
- Responsible for downtime strategy planning and minimisation in accordance with production demands and for budgetary planning and purchasing control.
- Preparation of dry-docking and repair specifications.
- Negotiations with shipyards, dry-docks and suppliers to obtain best value for all requirements. Adjudication of quotes and justification of costs to stake holder management.
- Supervision of repairs during alongside repair and dry-dock periods including influencing and monitoring of safety systems in shipyards during repairs to promote safe working practices in accordance with legislation, company procedures and safety culture.
The Ideal Applicant:
- Graduate calibre education level e.g. HNC/HND, Bachelors or Masters in engineering, marine, maritime or nautical or shipping studies or similar.
- Minimum of an STCW95 III/2 Class 2 Engineer Officer Certificate of Competency (or equivalent).
- A good working knowledge of the maintenance requirements of medium speed diesels and their associated electro-hydraulic systems.
- A strong engineering background relevant to the Marine Industry, having potentially spent time at sea in a shipboard Managerial Position.
- This role would be particularly suited to someone with shore-based experience, or recent Senior Position onboard a vessel looking to take that first step ashore.
- To be able to diagnose and rectify faults in a wide range of machinery and control systems.
- Clear, concise communicator with ability to liaise with personnel and outside bodies at all levels. Effective communication skills, and excellent written and verbal capability.
- Significant management/leadership skills. Strong organisational, delegation and interpersonal skills. Able to lead both an offshore/on board vessel and on shore team
- Able to take command of situations effectively, efficiently and calmly.
- A proven history managing complex docking projects and electronic planned maintenance systems would be essential together with excellent leadership and management skills.
- Experience of managing marine dredgers or similar vessels within the aggregates or similar sector would be highly advantageous.
- This experience may have been gained in the UK or EU or further afield but you will have the right to live and work in UK/EU.
- Candidates who have worked within the Merchant or Royal Navy or Commercial Port Operations would also be of interest.
Candidates with seagoing experience would be considered favourably, although this is not essential. It is important to have a strong commercial aptitude with a solid knowledge and understanding across all the variables within operations when dealing with vessels.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious Technical Superintendent to take the next step in their career.
This position offers the successful candidate excellent career progress opportunities, the opportunity to work with a leading shipping company and enjoy an attractive package based upon experience which will include an excellent salary and assistance with re-location if needed.
AREA SALES/KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER – BUILDERS MERCHANT CHANNEL
“Graduate calibre, high potential, construction materials /building products regional sales and account manager required to drive key account growth within the builder’s merchants’ channel”.
C£35-46000 + Bonus + Car + Benefits
Location: London, South East, Home Counties (Flexible Field & Home-Based role)
Commutable locations: London, Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire, Essex, Kent, Berkshire, Wiltshire, Surrey, Sussex, Hampshire
Our client is a major group specialising in the construction materials sector. It is an iconic brand with an excellent and highly successful track record, and is undoubtedly regarded as a market leader. This is an excellent opportunity for a university degree educated and experienced construction materials/building products Sales & Key Account Management professional. The successful candidate will ideally already have experience of sales and key account management into the builders’ merchant sector. This must include experience of training branch staff in the benefits and advantages and technical applications of market leading products. A good understand of marketing, merchandising, brand and category management within the builders’ merchant sector would be ideal. The role will cover the Home Counties and London region of the UK and the successful candidate can be based anywhere along the M1, M40, M25, M4 and M3.
As an Area Sales/Key Account Manager, you will have responsibility for developing and driving the growth plans across your area, the objective for the Area Sales Manager will include the continuing development of strong and sustainable customer relationships, optimising sales activity and ensuring a high level of customer service.
You will take complete ownership of the area. This will involve managing key relationships with branches of national and independent builder’s merchants, so previous experience of selling into this sector is important, however we may also consider applicants with experience of selling building materials/products via other channels.
Day to day, you will be responsible for:
- Achievement of sales/profit targets (volume, revenue, product mix & margin) ensuring that customers adhere to agreements and forecasts
- Preparation and development of business plans for your territory.
- Increased sales value through up-selling of products and other value added/premium products, using value propositions and marketing support to encourage sales where appropriate.
- Ownership of account relationship development within your territory working closely with national key account management, internal sales and operational colleagues to ensure excellent customer service.
- Development of sales propositions, analysis and presentation of territory branch performance metrics and activity plans.
- Proactively identify new customers and opportunities with high commercial value.
- Improve monitoring of customer performance through providing accurate forecasts, reviewing progress monthly.
- Prioritise activity (eg customer visits) to commercial value (profits, volume and revenue).
- Oversee technical support for products, ensuring customer satisfaction with the quality of products sold, escalating to technical teams if appropriate.
The Ideal Person:
The successful applicant will possess the following skills, attributes and experience:
- University degree educated.
- Excellent Key Account Management track record.
- Currently working for a market leading brand within the construction materials or building products market sector.
- Must have experience of key account management/sales into the builders’ merchant channel.
- Demonstrable track record of sales success, selling construction material/building products into the builders’ merchant sector. Experience of selling construction equipment or tooling would also be considered.
- An understanding of merchandising, category and brand marketing within the builders’ merchant channel would be very advantageous.
- Strong negotiation skills and a customer-focused approach.
- Excellent commercial acumen with experience in developing new business whilst managing existing accounts.
- Excellent presentation skills. Confident, credible, knowledgeable and mature manner.
- Intelligent, articulate, professional, presentable and with a high level of integrity.
- Driven, energetic, dynamic, and committed to grow the region. Be able to develop and build on an existing client base / portfolio.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills.
- A self-starter with excellent organisational, planning, prioritisation and time management skills.
- An aspiring, target driven, self-motivated, enthusiastic "do it now" attitude towards your work is essential.
Career development prospects are excellent within this multinational group.