2 Scotland Jobs Found
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
What's the view from your workplace? Bet it's not as good as this…
You know those annoying friends on social media? The ones with the jobs that take them to fantastic locations so they can post "This is the view from my workplace..." type posts.
How would you like to compete with that annoying friend?
Whatever their current view, it's unlikely to match the absolute beauty of the Isle of Skye - particularly if you're about 100m in the air working on a wind turbine.
That's where this role is based.
We're looking for Electrical Technicians to join our wind turbine team, based on Skye. It's a shift-based role working 8 days on, 6 off, 4 days on, 3 off. So, you'll also have plenty of opportunities to explore this unique part of the UK.
As a time-served electrical technician with a minimum of a level 3 qualification, you'll be maintaining, fault-finding, and repairing wind turbines. Occasionally, you may be required to assist with installing and commissioning new turbines in other parts of the UK. But you'll be based out of Skye for the main part.
Along with the electrical qualifications, you can probably imagine that a sense of adventure and a head for heights will be essential for this role. Along with a sturdy set of underwear! Some of our turbines are 125m tall, so you'll need to be physically fit and comfortable working at height.
Prior experience with wind turbines would be a great feature, but we know it's unlikely, so we will provide the training you need to work on our market-leading machinery.
On top of the basic salary of £27,966, we pay working pattern allowances, overtime, training, and travel allowances. Our standard day is 07:30 to 18:30 with a 30 min lunch break (10.5 hours total).
So, if you're already based on Skye or would relish the life-changing opportunity to live and work there, apply now.
Oh, and don't forget your camera. Those social media posts won't write themselves.
SOURCING, PROCUREMENT & SUPPLIER DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - FAR EAST & INDIA SUPPLY CHAIN
C£35000 (Dependent on Experience) + Benefits
Our client is a specialist division of a market leading group and plc, specialising in interior and exterior hardware, fixtures, and fittings. This is a newly created role reporting to the Product Development function, to take responsibility for strategic sourcing and supplier development of product sourced and manufactured in the Far East and India.
This role would suit a graduate calibre, potentially CIPS qualified, sourcing, procurement, and supplier development specialist with a track record of working with Far East/China, India and other low-cost source countries for parts and products. The Sourcing, Procurement and Supplier Development Manager will develop and implement procurement strategies, working closely with colleagues in China and India in relation to supplier capabilities and performance, quality control and supply chain into the UK. Experience of category and range planning and development and procurement analysis would be highly advantageous. A strong appreciation of metal commodity and trading price negotiation and contracts will be critical to success.
• Effective analysis of current supply chain and successful implementation of procurement strategy and policies.
• Full supplier performance management reporting into senior executives to include the set up and monitoring of performance metrics and liaising with China and India Sourcing offices and suppliers to ensure performance criteria is met.
• Build and develop credible relationships with suppliers and in some cases develop a supply partnership.
• Key contact in HQ for supplier issues including management of defective or unacceptable goods or services with NPD Team. Assist with investigation on product issues and communicate to supply chain accordingly.
• Manage trading & price negotiation for products with current and potential new suppliers.
• Manage tenders / RFQ’s with supply chain, which may include current suppliers or sourcing new suppliers in new territories.
• Organise supplier onboarding activity to include supplier set up, arrange audits, support first manufacture product checks, and manage through any issues with relevant stakeholders including Sourcing offices in China/India and Product Development colleagues.
• Commit to a productivity plan (cost savings) whilst maintaining the expected product quality levels associated with the product brand/position.
• Manager OTIF performance of suppliers working in partnership with planning and suppliers to ensure targets are met.
• Quality resolution with Suppliers and negotiation for Credits.
• Negotiations to mitigate delays working with planning.
• Negotiate MOQ levels (in partnership with planning)
• Work towards total supplier compliance supporting China and India sourcing offices in supplier improvements where identified through the audit process.
• Comprehensively develop and implement purchasing strategies in conjunction with the Head of Product & Procurement
• Work in partnership with Product Development Engineer where design input / application engineering is required focusing on Value Analysis and Value Engineering (VAVE)
• Organise and Communicate the purchasing element of Customer Special Orders
• Closely liaise with Accounts to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices, as necessary for the business with the supplier.
• Ensure the highest standards of health and safety, ethics and sustainability throughout the supply chain.
The Ideal Candidate:
• University degree educated/graduate calibre. Part or Ful CIPS qualification would be highly advantageous although not a prerequisite.
• Experience of sourcing, procurement and supplier development from the Far East/China and India.
• Specifically, sourcing metal and mechanically engineered parts and products for the consumer market within a fast-moving route to market such as retail, wholesale and distributor channels.
• Highly numerate and analytical with a track record of commodity trading and price negotiation and contract development.
• Strong awareness of category, range and brand development and positioning.
• Energetic, resilient, and flexible to undertake business travel to Far East and India to source, procure and develop supplier partnerships.
• Capable and experienced to set up our clients sourcing, procurement, and supplier development function in the UK HO, ensuring that all processes, contractual frameworks, dashboards, and systems are implemented and aligned to support total cost and supplier management.
• Experience in cross functional working within a matrix organisation including supporting new product development and launch within a value engineering environment.
• Fluent in business English. Fluency in Chinese would be highly advantageous but not a prerequisite.
In return our client offers a very competitive salary and the opportunity to play a key role in establishing the sourcing & procurement function further enhancing our client’s market leading position as a supplier of high quality products.
To apply without delay, please email your CV quoting reference LX 642943 to firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone 01905 381 320 www.martinveasey.com