3 North East Jobs Found
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
ASPHALT TECHNICAL PRODUCT SUPPORT MANAGER
“Experienced Asphalt technical or Asphalt operations professional to identify and drive key account specification sales led business opportunities within value added and specialist asphalt technical product sales. Must have experience of delivering CPD presentations to Architects, Main Contractors and Specifiers”
C£40-45000 + Car/Allowance, Bonus & Benefits
Newcastle Upon Tyne (Northern Field Based Remit)
Commutable Locations: Tyne & Wear, Durham, North Yorkshire, Stockton on Tees, Northumberland
Our client is a multisite division of a large and well-respected FTSE 100 international group specialising in construction materials. Due to impending retirement our client is now seeking an Asphalt Technical Product Support Manager. This is an interesting and varied role covering the Northern/North East region of the UK.
As Asphalt Technical Product Support Manager, you will work closely with commercial teams to identify opportunities for business growth and upselling of non-standard valued added and special asphalt products. Therefore, you must have at least 3-4 years asphalt technical experience gained in a design, operations or technical role. This will be very important as you will be communicating and building relationships with asphalt technical personnel both internally and externally about specifications, additives, planning, production and asphalt technicians on site.
You will also possess the confident personality and drive to build relationships and undertake CPD presentations to architects, local authorities, specifiers, main contractors. Internally you will be responsible for training commercial colleagues both within internal and external sales whilst also being responsible for coordinating production including asphalt plant capability, commercial and logistics. You will also be involved in new production innovation to meet customer requirements. So effectively you will operate as a key account manager and a technical product specialist. Experience of different types of bitumen, additives and polymers would be advantageous but training will be provided however core asphalt technical knowledge as a foundation skill set, as outlined above, will be a prerequisite.
- To maximise Asphalt Value Added Product sales through identification of opportunities and technical upselling of the key benefits which asphalt value added products can deliver.
- A key customer support role within the Northern/North East Region, focussing on developing Local Authority and Main/Key Contractor relationships leading to promotion of primarily Asphalt Solutions/Value Added Products via CPD presentations, regular meetings, contract reviews, site assessments, material selection, specification and pavement design input.
- To participate in the national technical approach / ‘technical sell’ to external specifiers, architects, contractors and local authorities to ensure Asphalt Value Added Products/Innovation become accepted for use and are ideally specified.
- To differentiate our client from its competition by providing a unique level of service/support in terms of specification writing, product selection and sustainability advice.
- Intelligent focussed Asphalt Value Added Product promotion based on national and local targets with based on projected profit / return at specific supply units.
- Increased volumes / wallet share from Local Authorities by becoming a supplier of choice.
- Attending Commercial meetings and identifying and supporting associated opportunities. Identifying slow moving Asphalt Value Added Products and contributing to creating action plans to improve sales.
- To participate in the practical development of new products and facilitation of any related trials
- To ensure successful launch of new products within the Region and thereafter support and monitor longer term sales progress.
- To support commercial in the review, support and assessment of Accredited Contractors, including advice and control of the use of our client’s Value-Added Products.
- Contribute to Marketing and Client Communication newsletters
- Promote our client’s Asphalt Value Added Products at industry conferences and events
- Leading key commercial training requirements i.e. Role to selected product range.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Currently working within construction materials sector and specifically with Asphalt/Bitumen products.
- Asphalt technical knowledge including asphalt technical operations will be a prerequisite for this role.
- Must have at least 3-4 years Asphalt technical experience gained in a design, operations or technical role.
- Examples of qualified experience may include asphalt plant management, asphalt quality control, asphalt quality approval and inspection, paving and construction operations, asphalt technical services and field support or other relevant asphalt paving design experience.
- Experience as an asphalt additive or asphalt speciality product field support or technical sales role would also be very relevant.
- Ability to perform and understand asphalt volumetric mix design and quality control processes, specifications ideal.
- Working familiarity with asphalt plant operation, controls, automation and mechanisms.
- Able to communicate effectively with asphalt production, operation and construction crews and colleagues.
- Ability to perform under pressure to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Confident personality and drive to build long term sustainable B2B relationships and undertake CPD presentations to architects, local authorities, specifiers, main contractors.
- Experience of different types of bitumen and additives and polymers would be advantageous.
- First-hand experience of operational technical duties, preferably including site operations.
- Previous experience of dealing with customer issues and preferably with existing established Local Authority contacts / relationships.
- Demonstrate strong commercial acumen and a personal hunger and drive to succeed.
- Working knowledge of Quality Assurance systems and procedures.
- Knowledge of pavement design concepts and issues.
- Planning, organising and time management skills.
- Good ability to communicate with customers and colleagues. Collaborative and consultative style.
- Computer literate especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent longer-term career development opportunities with our multinational client into broader sales roles or into research and development, pavement design or QC.
To apply without delay, please email your CV quoting reference J13627.
TECHNICAL PRODUCT SUPPORT MANAGER – Asphalt and Pavement Design Technology
“Support Commercial, Bid and Operational Teams by promoting pavement assessment, design, rehabilitation services and materials to Local Authorities, Highways England, Contractors and major Civil Engineering Consultancies.”
North England and Scotland
c£40000/45000+Car+Bonus+blue chip company benefits
Our client is a market leader in highways contracting solutions and supply of materials for pavement construction. They work with Local Authorities, Highways England, civil engineering consultancies and main contractors.
You will work within the Technical Directors team working closely with Commercial & Bid teams and will promote both contracting services and materials including asphalt and value-added materials.
This is a fantastic role for a qualified and experienced business development person to promote asphalt and value-added products in the region. You will be experienced in presentations and support to customers. Most importantly you will be highly technical adept in relation to asphalt materials, technology and contracting operations.
- Maximise Value Added product sales through identification of opportunities and technical upselling of the key benefits they can deliver
- Key customer support within the Region, focussing on developing Local Authority and Key Contractor relationships leading to promotion of primarily Asphalt Solutions and Added Value products via presentations, regular meetings, contract review, site assessments, material selection, specification and pavement design input.
- Participate in the national technical approach and technical sell to external specifiers and local authorities to ensure Value-Added Products and Innovation become accepted for use and are ideally specified.
- Differentiate from the competition by providing a unique level of service and support in terms of specification writing, product selection and sustainability advice.
- Increased volumes and share from Local Authorities by becoming supplier of choice.
- Regular liaison and support to selected Local Authorities, targeted Key Contractors and National Contracting division within sector and geographical locations to increase Value Added Product sales.
- Intelligent focussed Value-Added Product promotion based on national and local targets based on projected profit and return at specific supply units.
- Ensuring Region and Area focus on National Value-Added Product related initiatives and establish a faster route to market for new products where possible.
- Attending Commercial meetings and identifying and supporting associated opportunities. Identifying slow moving Value-Added Products and contributing to creating action plans to improve sales.
- Identify future R&D opportunities and participate in the development and launch of new products within the Region, support and monitor longer term sales progress.
- Support commercial team in the review, support and assessment of accredited contractors, including advice and control of the use of Value-Added Products.
- Assist with securing supplies to longer term Local Authority Framework Contracts via National Contracting or material supply deals with incumbent or newly contractors.
- Contribute to Marketing and Client Communication newsletters and promote Value-Added Products at industry conferences and events. Leading key commercial training requirements in selected product ranges.
- Develop excellent relationships with Local Authorities, key customers, Technical Teams, Systems Manager, Technical Centre, Site Technicians, Regional and Concrete Value-Added Product peers, National BDM’s and Area Sales Managers, External and Internal Sales, National Contracting, Production, Logistics, External Consultants etc.
- First-hand experience of operational technical duties, including site contracting operations.
- Previous experience of dealing with customer issues and preferably with existing established Local Authority contacts and relationships.
- Good understanding of both industry and current asphalt and other product availability and keen to focus on future needs and opportunities.
- Good knowledge of local issues in the Northern England and Scotland region and ability to identify opportunities.
- Working knowledge of Quality Assurance systems and procedures would be useful.
- Knowledge of pavement design concepts and issues.
- Planning, organising and time management skills.
- Good ability to communicate effectively with customers and colleagues. Strong presentation skills.
- Computer literate.
- Full driving license as there will be extensive travel throughout the region.
PLANT GENERAL MANAGER
“Excellent transformational change management role for Chemical Engineer/Engineering professional with track record of people development, engagement and continuous improvement in an Industrial Processing Environment.”
C£Very Competitive + Car Allowance, Bonus & Benefits & Relocation Assistance
Commutable Locations: Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Staffordshire, Derbyshire, Cheshire, Yorkshire, West Midlands, Shropshire, Greater Manchester, Humberside
Our client is a global market leader within the industrial processing sector and operates a number of plants in the UK.
Due to dynamic growth our client is now seeking an Engineering degree educated Plant General Manager to take the lead at three strategic sites located. Candidates currently working within the heavy engineering/industrial processing industries would be particularly interesting.
This is a high-profile leadership role, focused on ensuring continuous improvement of health and safety and operational efficiency. You will manage a highly experienced and loyal team, further developing and instilling a zero-harm culture, and the technical competencies and behaviours required to achieve and sustain world class standards for the manufacture of our client’s product which is exported globally and utilised for a wide range of industry applications.
The successful candidate will therefore demonstrate a high profile and visible leadership style, and a track record of transformational change management and people development, engagement and motivation against a backdrop of a “best in class”, operational development programme. Ideally this experience will have been gained within a blue-chip multinational environment renowned for its world class/leading edge standards in terms of operational performance, people development, change management and leadership - an "employer of choice".
The ideal applicant will possess current and previous site leadership and manufacturing operational management experience gained within a fast-moving, lean processing, high customer service focused heavy engineering/industrial processing environment will be a prerequisite. The sites are unionised so excellent, well-honed ER skills are essential.
The primary purpose of the roles is to be responsible for optimizing labour; safety on site; material and equipment resources to maximize production capability and meet customer expectations with excellent quality and service. We are seeking people with experience of turnaround/transformation, people development, technical skills transfer, retention and management as part of a talent development and succession planning programme, continuously improving and developing such operations as the sites take on increased customer volumes both in the UK and in the export market.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Must be University degree educated in Engineering – Chemical Engineering would be particularly advantageous.
- Consistent career history in blue chip multinational environments
- High profile leadership experience in a Plant/Site Operations. Worked at Plant/Factory Manager Level.
- Track record of people development, technical skills transfer, retention and management, employee engagement, change and continuous improvement leading to best in class OEE and safety standards
- Experience in Project Management, business and systems analysis highly advantageous but people management, development and succession planning within a long established and highly skilled processing environment will be critical to success.
- Plant, Site or Factory multi functional operations leadership experience must have been gained within heavy industrial processing sector
- Experienced Lean or Continuous Improvement champion with track record of excellent team development and engagement to deliver continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated experience of cross functional and multi-level interaction and working in a matrix organization.
- Ideally experience of working within high volume / target driven manufacturing environment.
- Led & achieved results in UK or pan-European, multi-single site, managing cross functionally within blue-collar sites.
- Experience of leading and managing employee relations at a senior level through continuous improvement within best in class operations.
- Proven skills and capabilities in leadership, communication, capability, collaboration and problem solving.
- Excellent experience of the Budgeting process and CAPEX business case approval process.
- Project Management qualification highly advantageous.
- Knowledge and use of Lean/Six Sigma.
- PC Literate. Particularly strong Excel skills.
- Resilient, driven, results focused personality - a high achiever.