- Permanent (2)
2 UK Jobs Found
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
INTERNATIONAL/EXPATRIATE ROLE – HEAD OF LOGISTICS SOLUTIONS DESIGN – THIRD PARTY CONTRACT LOGISTICS
“Very innovative Warehouse and Transport Solutions Design specialist with experience of Robotic Process Automation and similar technologies required to lead, coach and develop country solutions design team.”
£Excellent + Bonus + Benefits & Relocation Assistance
South East Asia – Full Relocation Assistance Available
Our client is a global multinational. A true market leader, they have a strong culture of safety, customer focus, quality and reliability.
Highly successful and long-established with industrial expertise across a number of verticals, our client has a global network of operations and integrated state-of-the-art information technology across warehousing and transport.
As result of dynamic growth our client is seeking a very innovative, degree educated, Head of Solutions Design with “hands on” warehouse and transport solutions design experience to lead, coach and develop its country solutions design team.
We are seeking individuals with experience of various types of warehousing and storage including robotic process automation, automatic storage and retrieval systems, transport network design including fleet design, track and trace and route optimisation.
- Managing a team of Solutions Managers and Analysts, you will support the country Business Development and Implementation teams in developing innovative, cost effective and profitable logistics and supply chain solutions for new and existing multinational and regional clients.
- Through strategic consulting assignments, you will work at both operational and Board level to identify business issues focused on process improvement and cost effectiveness; propose value adding and innovative solutions and subsequently manage the delivery of projects.
- This will entail analysis of existing inhouse and customer operations and the subsequent design of proposals, managing resource and cross functional teams during implementation, planning and solutions delivery. In addition, you will develop the supply chain solutions design strategy and manage the departmental budget.
- As Head of Solutions Design your role will be broad - data analyst, strategist, salesperson, key account manager, material handling consultant, warehousing and transport network subject matter expert, supply chain and logistics systems specialist, management accountant, facilitator, leader, mentor, coach and project manager.
- You will possess extensive warehousing and transport solutions design, planning, projects, consultancy, value chain engineering and productivity improvement expertise. You will be highly proficient in liaising, presenting and working at Board level both internally and externally with key multinational client accounts.
- You will direct and manage your team in multiple implementation and re-engineering projects enabling cost and service improvements whilst at the same time managing teams involved in new operational start-ups.
The Ideal Applicant:
- The ideal applicant will be educated to degree/post graduate level and will possess a substantial and demonstrative track record of successful project delivery gained within a third-party contract logistics solutions design/projects environment.
- We are inviting applications from either highly accomplished professionals seeking to consolidate and apply their solutions design, leadership and coaching experience in a new and challenging growth environment or alternatively someone with at least 5-8 years fast track operational and solutions design experience who wishes to further develop their managerial experience by heading up and grow a team of solutions design specialists.
- Experience of transport planning, supply chain optimisation and warehouse design tools as well as formal project management capabilities will be a prerequisite. Experience of managing multi-disciplined teams is essential.
- It is imperative that you will be possess a portfolio of successful projects completed across, for example, retail and FMCG, industrial, technology or pharmaceutical verticals.
- Most importantly you will also have a demonstrable track record of success in coaching and developing a team of Solutions Design Analysts and Managers, ensuring a consistent, best in class approach.
- Previous international solutions design and solutions design and implementation project team leadership would be extremely advantageous as would cultural experience of visiting South East Asia on business or vacation.
Please note: This is an expatriate career development role on a permanent local contract and therefore you will be required to relocate to a country in South East Asia (shortlisted candidates will be advised of the precise location at the outset of the recruitment process) to be based there full time. Our client will provide full relocation assistance. Our client offers a very competitive salary and benefits package including bonus and private healthcare. Please note however that although housing allowance may be provided, school fees are not provided as part of the package.
MARINE AGGREGATES SHIP MANAGER/TECHNICAL SUPERINTENDENT
“Career development opportunity for Vessel/Technical Superintendent or similar Marine Engineering Specialist to join UK division of multinational plc within the aggregates and construction materials sector”
£50-60000 (DOE) + Excellent Benefits including Relocation Assistance
Commutable from Sussex, Surrey, Hampshire, West Kent
Our client’s marine division supplies high quality natural sand and gravel aggregates from the seabed off the UK for use in ready mixed and pre-cast concrete, general construction and coastal defence schemes. Our client is seeking a Vessel or Technical Superintendent with a strong marine engineering background for the role of Marine Aggregates Ship Manager for its UK team. The team comprises a group of specialists in marine and wharf operations, ship engineering and mineral resources, based in West Sussex. Your objective will be to monitor and deliver vessel performance and all aspects of the technical operation, driving marine and engineering standards onboard your assigned vessels.
Our client operates a fleet of four ships purpose built for aggregate dredging The ships/dredgers operate round the clock, 24 hours per day, seven days per week, extracting sand and gravel from licensed dredging areas in the North Sea, English Channel, Bristol Channel and Irish Sea.
The ships/dredgers deliver cargoes to landing points close to where the aggregates are used such as wharves with onsite processing plants along the River Thames, along the south coast between Shoreham and Southampton, in South and North Wales and in SW and NW England. Each dredger uses satellite navigation to dredge accurately and precisely locate aggregate reserves on the seabed.
- Responsible for the safe and economical day to day operation of vessels under your control, ensuring they comply with statutory and class certification.
- Leadership and management of the on vessel/ship-based team and the office-based team.
- Accountable for the performance of these vessels against budget.
- Provide a high level of technical support and supervision.
- Responsible for improvement and development of the AMOS marine planned maintenance and purchasing system, improving reliability and achieving world class vessel performance.
- Responsible for the company’s’ entire fleet spares stock holding, including increasing stock value, depreciation and stock write offs to ensure management of critical spares.
- Marine aggregates business improvement programmes such as ongoing fleet optimisation including taking accountability for a associated KPI’s
- Responsible for upgrades and modifications to vessels to overcome obsolescence and improve vessel performance. Investigate and assess innovative ways of maximising out turn and improving equipment longevity.
- Responsible for CAPEX applications for vessel technical requirements from instigation to compliance and completion sign off. CAPEX and OPEX budget performance reporting.
- Responsible for downtime strategy planning and minimisation in accordance with production demands and for budgetary planning and purchasing control.
- Preparation of dry-docking and repair specifications.
- Negotiations with shipyards, dry-docks and suppliers to obtain best value for all requirements. Adjudication of quotes and justification of costs to stake holder management.
- Supervision of repairs during alongside repair and dry-dock periods including influencing and monitoring of safety systems in shipyards during repairs to promote safe working practices in accordance with legislation, company procedures and safety culture.
The Ideal Applicant:
- Graduate calibre education level e.g. HNC/HND, Bachelors or Masters in engineering, marine, maritime or nautical or shipping studies or similar.
- Minimum of an STCW95 III/2 Class 2 Engineer Officer Certificate of Competency (or equivalent).
- A good working knowledge of the maintenance requirements of medium speed diesels and their associated electro-hydraulic systems.
- A strong engineering background relevant to the Marine Industry, having potentially spent time at sea in a shipboard Managerial Position.
- This role would be particularly suited to someone with shore-based experience, or recent Senior Position onboard a vessel looking to take that first step ashore.
- To be able to diagnose and rectify faults in a wide range of machinery and control systems.
- Clear, concise communicator with ability to liaise with personnel and outside bodies at all levels. Effective communication skills, and excellent written and verbal capability.
- Significant management/leadership skills. Strong organisational, delegation and interpersonal skills. Able to lead both an offshore/on board vessel and on shore team
- Able to take command of situations effectively, efficiently and calmly.
- A proven history managing complex docking projects and electronic planned maintenance systems would be essential together with excellent leadership and management skills.
- Experience of managing marine dredgers or similar vessels within the aggregates or similar sector would be highly advantageous.
- This experience may have been gained in the UK or EU or further afield but you will have the right to live and work in UK/EU.
- Candidates who have worked within the Merchant or Royal Navy or Commercial Port Operations would also be of interest.
Candidates with seagoing experience would be considered favourably, although this is not essential. It is important to have a strong commercial aptitude with a solid knowledge and understanding across all the variables within operations when dealing with vessels.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious Technical Superintendent to take the next step in their career.
This position offers the successful candidate excellent career progress opportunities, the opportunity to work with a leading shipping company and enjoy an attractive package based upon experience which will include an excellent salary and assistance with re-location if needed.