3 Midlands West Jobs Found
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
ASPHALT DESIGN SUPPORT TECHNOLOGIST
“Civil Engineering/Engineering & Materials Science Graduate with Asphalt Technical Experience Required for fantastic career development role within UK market leader.”
Location: National Field Based Role (Flexible Home & Office Base)
C£30,000 Car Excellent Benefits
Our client is a market leader within the Aggregates and Asphalt sector with many innovative and sustainable products and solutions for infrastructure and the built environment.
As a result of promotion, our client is now seeking a degree educated Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Engineering or Materials Science graduate to join their national technical team as an Asphalt Design Support Technologist. You will be responsible for delivering product and pavement design support initially internally and then to external customers.
You will be confident and professional in outlook, exhibiting the potential to interface and collaborate with internal technical specialists and externally with designers and asset owners to understand how best their needs can be met through the application of our client’s outstanding product range and expertise.
This is a national field-based role and therefore your office base can be flexible, either working from one of our client regional offices or from home. It is essential that you possess a UK driving licence as you will be travelling regularly throughout the week to meet National and Regional Technical colleagues at aggregate and asphalt production facilities. To succeed in this role, you must have at least eighteen months asphalt technical experience gained in a technician, quality or similar role.
You must have a demonstrable interest in pursuing a long-term career in highways construction industry and the associated highways materials and specifications covering aggregates, asphalt, HBM, RCC and Airfields. In return our client will invest in your training and development to help you to achieve your career ambitions.
·Develop a comprehensive knowledge of asphalt technical operations for aggregate and asphalt production and supply.
·Provide specialist technical support nationally to National and Regional Technical Managers, Area Technical Managers and their teams, in relation to asphalt material specifications, standards and regulatory requirements.
·Undertake result analysis and reporting of physical and mechanical testing of asphalt materials.
·Ensuring that Construction Products Regulations (CPR) are applied.
·Management of aggregate and asphalt design databases and mix design approval and validation.
·Identify and support suitable asphalt product development activities.
·Provide briefings for National and Regional Technical Managers, Area Technical Managers and their teams on new aggregate and asphalt product developments.
·Evaluate new aggregate and asphalt materials and advise on their potential for material cost reduction and production efficiency
·Advise on the production of new products and where appropriate, more suitable, sustainable or economically beneficial alternatives
·Provide support to National and Regional Technical Managers, Area Technical Managers and their teams in respect of the introduction of new, improved or modified aggregate and asphalt products including advice on process efficiency, costs and planning.
·Support internal sales teams and external customers with asphalt related enquiries, suggesting more suitable, sustainable and economically beneficial alternatives.
·University degree educated in Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Engineering, Materials Sciences or similar.
·At least eighteen months asphalt technical experience gained in a technician, quality or similar role.
·Currently working within construction materials sector and specifically with Asphalt/Bitumen products.
·Experienced in the sampling and testing of asphalt and bituminous materials.
·Interested in further developing your knowledge and appreciation of technical operations within the aggregates and asphalt industry
·Familiarity with British and European standards such as BS-EN 12697.
·This role would suit a proactive and enthusiastic individual who has the ability to work on their own initiative but is also equally comfortable working within a team environment.
·This is a role based on ensuring that our materials are at a high quality so attention to detail is crucial as is a desire for continuous improvement.
·Ability to perform and understand asphalt volumetric mix design and quality control processes, specifications ideal.
·Working familiarity with asphalt plant operation, controls, automation and mechanisms.
·Able to communicate effectively with asphalt production, operation and construction crews and colleagues.
·Ability to perform under pressure to troubleshoot and problem solve.
·Confident personality and drive to build long term sustainable B2B relationships
·Experience of different types of bitumen and additives and polymers would be advantageous.
·Demonstrate strong commercial acumen and a personal hunger and drive to succeed.
·Planning, organising and time management skills.
·Good ability to communicate with customers and colleagues. Collaborative and consultative style.
·Computer literate especially Excel and PowerPoint.
·Excellent longer-term career development opportunities with our multinational client into broader sales roles or into research and development, pavement design or QC.
DIVISIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY MANAGER
“Excellent career development opportunity with global multinational, with manufacturing and logistics sites throughout the UK, for a graduate calibre, chartered Health & Safety professional to lead a regional best in class health and safety function within one of their rapidly expanding business units”
C £35000 Car Allowance & Benefits
Location: West Midlands
Commutable from Atherstone, Nuneaton, Tamworth, Dordon, Coventry, Bedworth, Leamington Spa, Warwick, Stratford on Avon, Walsall, Sutton Coldfield, Coleshill, Cannock, Rugeley, Burton upon Trent, Birmingham, Bromsgrove, Redditch, Solihull, Nuneaton, Lichfield, Ashby de la Zouche, Leicester, Coventry, Rugby, Lutterworth
Our client is a major diversified industrial group, part of a global multinational, specialising in the B2B sector. Safety is their first and foremost objective in all its activities. It operates a number of manufacturing and logistics sites throughout the UK and is seeking a Divisional Health and Safety Manager to take the lead within one of their specialist business units which is experiencing growth both organic and via acquisition.
Our client is seeking a graduate calibre, NEBOSH qualified, chartered IOSH Health and Safety professional with a track gained within a multinational, multi-site, matrix organisation, who will be experienced in working closely with stakeholders at senior executive, including the Group Health & Safety Manager on a regular basis within the business unit, the group and the plc.
As Divisional Health & Safety Manager, you will report to the Group Health & Safety and will take responsibility for health and safety at three manufacturing units located in Hertfordshire, Suffolk and Warwickshire. Each unit specialises in the manufacture and supply of a range of high quality architectural products produced from stainless steel sheet and extruded aluminium for use in major construction projects large and small in the UK and overseas. Therefore, experience of health and safety within a similar manufacturing environment using processes such as metal welding’s, precision CNC fabrication and forming would be useful. As a critical health and safety business partner you will specifically support, challenge, inspire and coach the leadership teams across each manufacturing site and their line management in terms of delivering the health & safety strategy across their facility. The focus will be on the development of a highly effective, best in class health and safety culture, values, behaviours, systems and processes; ensuring zero harm; ongoing legal compliance and excellent organisational and business unit health and safety standards in line with 18001 and transition to 45001 Certification.
- To guide, support and lead business unit leadership and their line management in the creation and delivery of the health and safety strategy and roadmap.
- To guide and support the business unit teams in the compliance and monitoring of all health and safety standards, policies, procedures and management systems.
- Ensure that safety improvement plans are developed within the business unit implemented and monitored across all sites in compliance with UK legal requirements and corporate health and safety strategy.
- Providing expertise, leadership and specialist advice to your health and safety advisory team and business unit management teams as required.
- Training, guidance and coaching to line managers to enable them to understand and effectively utilise the health and safety management system, in accordance with ISO 18001 certification and the transfer to ISO 45001.
- Support and enable effective critical and high potential incident investigations to be completed by line managers in order to identify the immediate and underlying causes and the appropriate corrective/preventative actions.
- To provide the appropriate level of challenge and help in developing actions to avoid repeat incidents.
- Facilitate the effective communication of health and safety issues and learning points generated by the business unit across the whole group in the UK and with industry bodies.
- To identify themes and help develop, implement and monitor health and safety strategies which will help to continually improve the business unit’s health and safety performance year on year.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Of graduate calibre i.e. HNC/HND, BA, BEng, BSc, MSc
- NEBOSH qualified
- Chartered IOSH member
- Consistent career history within health and safety management roles in large, multi-site, corporate environment within manufacturing and logistics. Clear understanding and belief in behavioural based safety and visible felt leadership.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills, experienced in persuading and influencing stakeholders at business unit leadership and operational, group and plc level.
- Up to date knowledge of current UK legislation including OSHAS 18001:2007
- Excellent analytical and strategic influencing skills and track record of continuously and proactively improving health and safety standards.
- Recent experience of managing 2-3 small to medium sized individual manufacturing or processing units.
- Good coaching and mentoring skills.
- Proven experience of health and safety systems development tailored to business operational and strategic needs including risk mitigation and incident investigation.
- Strong health and safety management system auditing experience.
- A highly responsive, supportive and inspirational critical health and safety business partner. A real committed team player.
- Professional, discrete, diplomatic and tactful at all times.
- Experienced in dealing with regulatory bodies.
- Computer literate including Excel and Powerpoint.
In return our client offers a unique opportunity to impact and shape the health and safety culture and performance of a high profile business unit.
FIELD SALES ENGINEER - FABRICATED MANUFACTURING & PROCESSING EQUIPMENT
“Fantastic career development opportunity for time served/graduate Design Engineer, seeking career development into a larger client facing and project management role whilst still retaining design engineering responsibility.”
Salary: £40-45000 (OTE £60000) Car/Allowance Benefits
Location: Telford, Shropshire (Field Based – Home & Office Based Remit)
Our client is a privately owned engineering and fabrication business specialising in the design of all types of fabricated products for manufacturing and processing equipment, predominantly for the food sector. It has enjoyed impressive growth to date with 2019 being particularly outstanding. As a result, and as part of their ambitious expansion plans, they now seek to appoint a Field Sales Engineer to join their client facing and design team.
Our client prides itself on its responsiveness and its ability to develop bespoke solutions to meet its customers’ needs, including design and on-site installation.
It achieves its high level of customer satisfaction through the direction of the Managing Director, who frequently meets with customers to identify their requirements, conceptualise solutions, communicate with the design team and prepare quotations spending time on site where relevant to ensure a smooth execution.
Customers appreciate this level of service and attention to detail and this is reflected in the firm’s profitability. Our client now wishes to leverage this high service cornerstone to further expand the business to capitalise on the increasing number of opportunities which are being presented.
As Field Sales Engineer you will act as an ambassador and force multiplier – to allow more jobs to be facilitated without a reduction in customer service, whilst at the same time fostering excellent key account relationships to create additional work for both bespoke design and value added, after care services.
As Field Sales Engineer you will be a self-motivated, results orientated sales professional with a strong technical design engineering aptitude and excellent communication skills together with a passion and drive to succeed commercially.
You will develop new sales opportunities and will optimise existing accounts ensuring that our client is providing the ultimate service to customers. This requires a Field Sales Engineer with a fabrication background. Someone who understands design and mechanical engineering and is able to work with CAD (Solidworks). Essentially someone who is able to consultatively elicit a customer’s requirements, decipher what needs to be done and can expertly and promptly develop and relay a solution to the customer and all stakeholders within the process from concept to manufacture to installation.
- Working alongside the design team, you will be responsible for the translation of customer requirements from “concept to completion” design of a range of bespoke fabricated solutions, predominantly but not exclusively, food manufacturing and processing equipment.
- This will include commercial discussions regarding pricing and scheduling of design projects.
- You will also own the customer and key account relationship working with client Engineering and Manufacturing teams whilst also supporting your internal colleagues within the Fabrication and Installation teams to provide high levels of customer service. This may include, where appropriate, attendance on site during field installations. This may require unsocial hours working, which would be shared with the MD.
- You will be confident and adept at producing 2d and 3d designs using traditional engineering design drawing methodology, measurements and calculations whilst also being proficient in the use of software such as Solidworks. Experience with the sheet metal Plug-In for Solidworks would be advantageous.
- This will include design for manufacture, developing new drawings whilst also modifying existing drawings to support customer growth and requirements as part of the ongoing after care and key account management process.
- You will carry out physical measurement and testing to prove design concepts, carrying out cost reduction exercises through redesign to reduce cost and manufacturing time whilst ensuring ultimate excellence in design to meet client requirements.
The Ideal Candidate:
- A time served Modern Apprentice/degree educated Mechanical Design Engineer.
- Proven track record in fabricated metalwork design and workshop-based Engineering.
- Experience of purpose-built food manufacturing or processing equipment would be particularly advantageous.
- Existing experience of client interface as part of the design process, visiting customer sites, undertaking a consultative process of understanding client requirements.
- Strong commercial acumen, great attention to detail and excellent presentation skills.
- Have a good understanding of manufacturing processes such as CNC & laser cutting.
- Able to understand a product brief and to design a practical and cost-effective solution.
- Ability to create a method of manufacture and internal drawings
- Ability to liaise with customers and suppliers to solve technical issues
- Experienced in liaising with Operations and the Shop Floor to solve technical/production issues.
- A strong team player, able to work cross functionally with colleagues and clients.
- Comfortable being hands on and involved in the day to day operations as well as key account management and new business sales.
- Available to travel throughout the Midlands and the wider country to oversee installations. This may require unsocial hours to fit in around manufacturing operations. This would be shared with the MD.
- This role is located in Telford so ideal applicants will live within 1 hour maximum of the office.
In return our client offers a very competitive salary and benefits package including company car/allowance, generous bonus scheme and the opportunity to play a part in the ongoing and dynamic growth of a fabulous company.