- Permanent (8)
8 United States Jobs Found
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
QUALITY MANAGER - CHEMICAL ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGIES
US $100-120,000 Excellent Blue-Chip Benefits
Massachusetts, USA - Relocation Assistance for US Citizens only. Ideal for Candidates with connections to the MA, USA area
Our client is a global multinational specialising in chemical-based materials and technologies for application within a wide range of industries and processes serving both B2B and B2C. It prides itself on leading edge, innovative and sustainable R & D when it comes to product development, world class operational excellence and the highest levels of health and safety for its employees and customers.
* Collaborate with all functions to insure adherence to quality work processes:
* Manage QC from sample preparation to QC testing to data integrity in ERP.
* Maintain ISO / AS9100 compliance
* Handle NCMR /CEI process (non-conforming product and customer complaints/concerns)
* Oversee Customer Audits
* Work with other Plants Quality Managers driving improvement and standardization on all processes.
* Support Operational excellence programs, direct activities and manage site project management process.
* Lead a safety culture by example and engagement with the quality and operations staff.
* Ensure safety requirements are understood and adhered to in the laboratory.
ISO 9001 / AS9100:
* Manage the plant Quality Management System and ensure compliance with quality standards.
* Serve as site representative for internal, external and customer audits.
* Lead and coach the Quality team in successful audit execution.
* Participate as a member of the Corporate Audit Team
* Manage QC Lab & Quality Associates
* Ensure equipment is calibrated and records documented.
* Develop and maintain strategy for QC equipment reliability and testing capabilities.
* Manage Non-Conforming material process and support inventory control, including slow moving and expired material maintenance.
* Serve as Customer Quality contact for audits, CI initiatives, etc.
* Drive for excellence in Corrective Action/Preventative Action (CAPA) responses.
* Support customer requests as needed from a QA perspective (Certificate of Analysis C of A) issues, Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) Requests, Customer Complaint resolution (CEI)
* Own Processes for Customer specific needs (AS9100, QAKE, GMP, PPAP, PFMEA, PCD)
* Coordinate with site buyer to resolve incoming raw material concerns and ensure satisfactory resolution.
Process / Continuous Improvement:
* Serve on the Plant Leadership Team as the plant's overall quality leader / Lean Leader.
* Identify, monitor, and drive improvement in KPI's associated with customer quality
* Help lead, develop, and sustain a Continuous Improvement (CI) Environment including management of the Project Management process.
* Foster and mentor use of various RCA at all levels of the site
The Ideal Person:
* BSc degree in engineering, chemistry or related field
* 5 more years of experience in a Quality leadership role in a manufacturing environment
* Solid knowledge of statistic / Six sigma (Control Charting, SPC, Cpk, Cp, St, Dev, etc.);
* Green Belt or Black Belt certified preferred.
* Knowledge and understanding of ISO9001 requirements, AS9100 and IATF 16949 preferred
* Demonstrate strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
* Computer skills in Minitab, Query, Microsoft Office - SAP experience preferred.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills. Good organizational skills
"Excellent career development opportunity for ambitious Plant Engineer/Manager seeking Engineering & Maintenance Leadership role. Experience of GMP Food, or Pharma or Chemical or Ethanol liquid processing/manufacturing environment essential".
$110-120,000 Bonus Excellent Benefits
Location: Iowa - Relocation Assistance within the USA available for US Citizens only
Our client is the US division of a global multinational with plants on several continents. It specialises in the production and supply of high-quality ingredients, chemicals and peptides to the food, pharmaceutical, health nutrition sector and for other sophisticated technical applications.
Our client is seeking an Engineering Manager for one of its plants in the mid-west.
The Engineering Manager will be responsible for plant maintenance across multiple shifts within a unionised plant. The Engineering Manager will plan, direct and coordinate all plant maintenance to ensure efficient operation, taking the lead for corrective and preventative maintenance, capital implementation, utility operation and program control of the production system. You will lead a team of Project Engineers, Electrical Controls Engineers and Electrical Controls Technicians.
· Plant Process Management: Leads the monitoring and automation of liquid manufacturing process performance to ensure critical performance indicators are under control.
· Implements OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) & Reliability principles
· Plant Project Management: Coordinate development of process improvement projects which may or may not need to be developed into capital projects.
· Manages the capital expenditure projects for profit improvement and to maintain plant, property, and equipment in a good and efficient working condition.
· Manages CAPEX projects from inception to post completion.
· Leads engineering resources to maintain and seek technological improvements to all mechanical, electrical, electronics and instrumentation systems.
· Optimize equipment performance and production process.
· Coordinates resources to ensure proper design and implementation of projects.
· Coordinate development of measures to ensure proper commissioning of project performance is realized.
· Coordinate with Production Manager and Production Engineer on plant scale trials and performs lab/pilot scale testing.
· SHEQ Compliance: Understanding and working to ensure compliance with applicable safety, health, environmental, food safety and Good Manufacturing Practice guidelines and regulations. This will include HACCP studies and activities, and overall plant compliance (PSM) Process Safety Management and (RMP) Risk Management programs in line for plant chemical refrigeration systems.
· Leads the Maintenance Department and its resources, to maintain and seek technological improvements to all mechanical, electrical, electronics and instrumentation systems.
· Manages, improves and reduces the maintenance costs including use of contractors.
· Prepares budget preparation and variance analysis for department.
· Works with HR in maintaining a working relationship with the union, which includes hiring, training, performance, and discipline.
The Ideal Candidate:
· Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, Chemical Engineering or similar technical subject.
· At least 5-8 years leadership/supervisor experience gained as Plant Engineering in GMP liquid processing environment such as food, pharmaceutical, chemical or ethanol.
· This must include exposure to the following equipment types: boilers, HVAC, process controls, wastewater treatment.
· At least 5-8 years project management and improvement experience
· Experience of chemical refrigeration processes such as anhydrous ammonia systems highly advantageous.
· Experience of leading mechanical and electrical and project engineers.
· Experience of capital engineering projects from business case development to delivery.
· Experience of GMP, ISO, HACCP, PSM, RMP essential to success.
· Excellent communication, presentation, influencing and financial management skills.
· Must have budgetary management experience.
· Must have experience of working within a unionised processing plant.
· Must have experience of managing sub-contractors especially during maintenance shutdowns ensuring strict health and safety adherence.
· This role is open to US citizens only and our client will relocate qualified candidates within the USA.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT LIVE IN THE USA AS OUR CLIENT IS UNABLE TO ASSIST WITH VISAS/VISA SPONSORSHIP FOR THE USA
PROJECT MANAGER R&D - PERFORMANCE POLYMERS
US $100-130,000 + Bonus + Benefits + Relocation Assistance
Location: Essex County, Massachusetts - Relocation within the USA for US Citizens/Permanent Residents only
Our client is a very successful manufacturer of adhesives Their R&D organization needs a Project Manager who will be responsible for leading cross-functional teams at multiple locations to bring new and innovative products from idea to deployment.
The Project Manager will apply project management best practice knowledge, tools, methodologies and techniques to meet or surpass the needs and expectations of all stakeholders.
The Project Manager will handle multiple NPD projects thru all phases of the Innovation Framework. Collaborate with functional leads to plan and execute NPD projects, defining requirements, developing schedules, resource planning, product and project cost control, business case, risk management, develop the product needs specification, risk analysis, technical feasibility and other requirements.
The Project Manager will facilitate project team meetings, track project progress identifying critical path, tasks and communicate project status regularly and as required.
· Drive enterprise strategy, continuous improvement using "80/20" tools thru Innovation Process.
· Support and drive meaningful metrics that measure progress thru the Innovation Pipeline: Vitality Index, Project Phase Cycle times, Product life Cycle Cost, Idea tracking & others.
· Develop detailed project and resource plans within the portfolio and track project progress
· Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, ensure project deliverables meet plan.
· Coordinate within project teams across all functions including Marketing, Sales, HR, Operations, Quality, EHS, Tech Services and other support functions.
· Ensure quality requirement meet the Innovation Framework for the NPD process and Deployment
· Promote, support and adhere to all safety and quality related policies and procedures.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
· BSc Chemistry, Engineering, Polymer Science advanced degree preferred
· Research and Development experience in chemical, coating, adhesive or specialty materials
· Project Management experience in a cross functional role managing R&D projects
· PMP Certification required and demonstrated project-planning and project-management skills
· Demonstrated ability to produce results within a collaborative team environment and to gain alignment and develop productive working relationships at all levels of the organization.
· Ability to support management for the Innovation Process to meet company's growth objectives.
· Ability to define problems, gather data, draw conclusions and develop plans to address.
· Strong change management, analytical, problem solving, organizational, communication skills.
· Stage Gate expertise a must to drive projects thru the product development pipeline.
· Track record of driving meaningful time-to-market improvements in Stage Gate process.
· Excellent business analytical, problem-solving, time management and prioritization abilities
· Experience in communicating and working with a remote staff.
· Willing to travel when necessary.
DEVELOPMENT CHEMIST - PERFORMANCE POLYMERS
US $ 90-110,000 Bonus Benefits Relocation Assistance
Location: Essex County, Massachusetts - Relocation within the USA for US Citizens/Permanent Residents only
Our client is a very successful manufacturer of adhesives.
Their R&D organization needs a Development Chemist who will be responsible for the design, development, and scale-up of differentiated adhesive products, raw material qualifications, and overall daily project management with appropriate laboratory personnel and other cross-functional departments.
- Develop new methacrylate, polyurethane, and epoxy adhesive compositions for specific markets.
- Innovate with polymers, catalysts, modifiers, and monomers to fulfill unmet customer/application needs. Follow established ISO procedures and documentation utilizing Stage-Gate process.
- Scale up formulations from lab scale to mid- and full-size commercial batches.
- Design product specifications to maximize ease of manufacturing and customer application.
- Provide support for current products to maintain company reputation for quality and performance.
- Manage multiple projects independently and utilize analytical laboratory equipment as a team
- Work hands-on in the laboratory, manage the daily activities of a lab technician(s).
- Assist in training /direction of new personnel.
- Promote, support, and adhere to all safety, environmental, and quality policies and procedures.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- MSc or PhD Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Science or related.
- 5 plus years' experience in adhesives development
- Hands-on scientist with excellent laboratory techniques and problem-solving ability.
- Strong computer, organizational, and destructive and mechanical testing skills
- Expertise with polymer testing equipment (DSC, TGA, Rheometer, Instron) highly preferred.
- Collaborative and excellent communication, organizational, analytical, and investigative skills.
- Must be able to travel occasionally.
DIRECTOR OF RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT - ADVANCED MATERIALS SOLUTIONS
US$ 140,000-175000 Bonus Blue Chip Benefits - Relocation Assistance for US Citizens only
Location: North Carolina or Massachusetts, USA - US Citizens only
Our client is a leading manufacturer of technologically advanced materials solutions company. Its high quality and innovative designs are specifications driven and evolutionary. It marries textile technologies with polymer science, film lamination, coatings and impregnation processes. Its product lines encompass applications for the composite and protective markets including advanced fibre reinforcement, pre preg and other materials solutions for clients across multiple industry sectors. It has several manufacturing facilities across the USA and Canada.
Reporting to Board level, the Director of R & D will the chief scientist and product development leader for the organisation. Working closely with senior cross functional leadership teams in sales, marketing, compliance, environmental, product liability and manufacturing, the Director of R & D will identify, develop and deliver products, processes and services to ensure that our client remains at the forefront of its composite and protective markets. This will entail building coherent plans for new research projects and ongoing improvements to existing products. Most importantly, you will play a key role in liaising with global customers and suppliers of raw materials and process technologies.
As Director of R & D, you will be an experienced team leader and builder, a confident and highly innovative scientist, with excellent, listening, and observational skills, relishing change and development and the intellectual challenge of clarifying ambiguity with focus and a clear strategy. This will be underpinned by excellent data and systems analysis.
Specifically, the Director of R & D will create the research and development plan, specifying the initiatives required to deliver the strategic business plan. This will provide the roadmap for your R & D team, including their skills development and also capital expenditure plans and manpower resource requirements for short- and long-term programmes.
The Ideal Candidate:
Advanced university degree education, preferably to PhD level in Applied Science - Chemistry, Chemical Engineering.
Consistent, minimum ten year career history in research culminating in current Director/Head of R & D role. Career to date will demonstrate development in manufacturing and R & D roles of increasing complexity, responsibility and scale.
At least three years in a managerial role, inspiring, developing, mentoring and coaching a high calibre R & D team.
Significant track record of research and product and process development, engineering and technical specification development.
This must include a significant strategic contribution in a R & D role, playing a vital part in the regeneration and commercial development and success of company products in a dynamic marketplace.
Experience must be within manufacturing industries including composites, polymers, protective, chemical production, plastic conversion, fibers, non wovens, coated fabrics etc
Candidates must be adept at managing R & D teams located at multiple locations. This role can be located at plants in North Carolina or Massachusetts. Our client will assist with relocation.
To apply without delay, please email your CV tquoting reference LX 755128
HEALTH, SAFETY & ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGER - CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS TRANSPORT OPERATIONS
US $100-120000 Car Benefits
Massachusetts, USA (Open to US Citizens only)
Our client is a leader in the field of specialty construction products. They need a proactive Safety Manager who can plan, direct, and manage all safety activities related to production and fleet delivery of products, performance on job sites and terminals.
The Safety Manager is a visible presence on work sites, terminals, and the plant promoting a strong safety culture with drivers, operators, staff, and management personnel.
The Safety Manager promotes core values and encourages appropriate behaviors assuring the highest possible degree of safety for employees and works closely with the Environmental Manager.
The Safety Manager interfaces with all employees at all locations and site visitors regarding plant safety matters, compliance, and concerns.
Provide Safety leadership and support for the operation, work sites, terminals, and transport.
Provide direction, accountability, and responsiveness for and from department managers.
Demonstrate strong leadership skills as a member of the management team.
Conduct compliance audits and reviews to meet company and local compliance requirements.
Implement and oversee Safety programs/processes, attain compliance with laws and regulations.
Drive Safety compliance by training, audits, process/equipment review, proactive risk elimination.
Maintain, promote good relations with all local, state and federal regulatory agencies, as needed.
Provide communication to ensure understanding and compliance for all Safety processes.
Conduct Safety Training Programs and maintain all records as needed.
Strengthen organizational safety culture thru employee engagement, ownership, accountability and behavior-based safety efforts, support process improvement initiatives.
Maintain injury prevention program: JSA, incident/accident investigations, trend analysis.
Lead, develop, implement site-specific training, programs, plans and procedures to exceed company safety performance goals.
The Ideal Candidate:
* Bachelor's in engineering or other applicable fields.
* 7-10 years of Safety experience in construction manufacturing or transportation industry
* Ability to create and execute programs that engage employees and enable a safe work
* Strong understanding of and ability to manage systems under local, state and federal
Analytical Chemist - Polymers
US $100-120000 plus benefits
Location: Massachusetts USA ( US citizens only - no international relocation available)
Our client is a contract research laboratory with 20 years' experience providing consulting, material product development, and analytical testing services focused in the area of polymeric materials
They need an Analytical Chemist with LC-QTOF expertise to perform experimental design, method development, validation, and analysis
The Analytical Chemist will have a proven track record developing and implementing robust methods for non-targeted and targeted chemical analyses in a diverse set of matrices.
The Analytical Chemist must have worked with a variety of sample preparation workflows (e.g., extractions, simulated leaching conditions, derivatizations).
The Analytical Chemist should have implemented analytical quality best practices and experimental controls ensuring the highest level of confidence in reported results. Strong understanding of the selection and use of system suitability standards, continuing calibration checks, spike recovery standards, surrogate standards, internal standards, replicate preparations, and trending/control charts.
The Analytical Chemist must be experienced in operation and data analysis for LC-QTOF instrumentation as well as method development and sample work-up for this instrument. Experience in GC-MS, LC-MS, GPC and GPC-MALLS is a plus. Experience with Agilent instruments and ChemStation is a plus.
· Quantitative analytical method development, validation for targeted and non-targeted assays, with a focus on LC-QTOF
· Focus on analytical quality incorporate verification/validation activities and experimental controls.
· Identification of analytical conditions given target analytes or problem statement,
· Sample preparation selection and execution by solvent extraction, SPE, L/L extractions, etc.
· Method optimization, characterization for LOD/LOQ, sensitivity, resolution, repeatability, etc.
· Familiarity with semi-quantitation and unknown compound identification workflows.
· Critical analysis of data generated by other personal
· Key member of the chromatography and analytical chemistry testing team.
· Provide a resource for secondary analysis/review of data with emphasis on critical thinking
· Routine chromatography on LC-QTOF instruments
· Hardware configuration, detector verification, system diagnostics
· Sample loading, sequence queuing, data analysis/interpretation including a familiarity with semi-quantitation and unknown compound identification workflows.
· Writing qualification documents (ICH or USP criteria), SOPs, training staff to new methods
· Documentation, data/method/library organization, report generation communication of results
The Ideal Candidate:
· Bachelors or Masters (or PhD) in Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry or Chemical Engineering with LC-QTOF expertise
· Work in a small, adaptable company focused on non-routine, high-quality and rapid projects
· ISO 9001:2015 certified, ISO 17025:2005 accredited, registered with FDA need similar expertise
· 5 years laboratory experience in one of the following areas is preferred: Contract R&D or CRO/CDMO lab, Extractable & leachable (E&L) or chemical characterization lab, Polymer analysis lab, Failure analysis or forensic lab, Environmental lab, Manufacturing QC lab Pharma or startup analytical lab
COUNTRY BUSINESS UNIT HEAD BOPET FLEXIBLE PACKAGING PRODUCTS - MEXICO
US $90,000-110,000 Annually + Benefits
Actual Job Location: Mexico - Visa Sponsorship & Single Status Accommodation Provided
Our client is a manufacturer of flexible packaging and film packaging solutions. It operates several state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities globally. It specialises in BOPET and PET film production supplying converters and manufacturers across a range of fast moving industry sectors, on a Just in Time basis.
Our client is now seeking a high calibre, university degree educated engineering professional for the role of Country Business Unit Head for their BOPET/PET plant in Mexico
As Country Business Unit Head, you will take full P & L responsibility for the site and its operations including production, quality, sales and marketing and Just in Time Customer Service.
The site employs a multi-cultural workforce of c400 and has production capacity of c80000 tonnes per annum.
As Country Business Unit Head, you will create a sustainable business model to ensure a long-term strategy for the business unit in Mexico. This strategy will focus on achievement of ambitious revenue and EBITDA target by ensuring that production, quality and market acquisition and customer service KPI’s are achieved. You will ensure optimum utilisation of resources, cost effective sourcing and procurement and excellent financial control. A visionary leader you will have a demonstrable track record of continuous improvement, operational excellence, high levels of health and safety and development of an engaged and high performing business unit team.
Through your senior leadership of HR, Sales, Finance and Production, you will be responsible for Production Planning and Control; Quality Control; Health and Safety and Environmental Standards; Product Development and Process Control and Optimisation; Supply Chain Management and Inventory Control; Waste Management and Predictive and Planned Maintenance.
The Ideal Candidate:
- University degree educated in Mechanical, Electrical or Electronic Engineering or similar. A Masters level qualification or Post Graduate Diploma in an Engineering, Manufacturing or Strategy would be highly advantageous.
- Fluent in English. Spanish language skills would be advantageous.
- A strategic thinker with strong operational leadership capabilities.
- Significant track record of P & L management and business unit management of a large production/manufacturing unit gained within flexible packaging, carton, paper or foil manufacturing sector.
- Experience of BOPET (Biaxially Oriented Polyethylene Terephthalate), Cast Polypropylene (CPP) films and BOPP (Biaxially Oriented Polypropylene) films is a prerequisite.
- We are unable to consider candidates who do not have recent experience of BOPET, BOPP, CPP gained within at least the last five years ideally within a state-of-the-art manufacturing environment.
- You will be a strategic, analytical and innovative thinker and excellent problem solver used to deploying lean six sigma and continuous improvement methodologies.
- You will be familiar with working to stringent production and quality targets in order to meet demanding customer expectations.
- Financially astute you will possess excellent operational and budgetary planning and cost control skills.
- You will be an inspirational and influential leader, with a track record of managing and developing a multi-cultural work force comprising employees from Latin America and US, taking an interest in their welfare and wellbeing, their health and safety, coaching, empowering and motivating them to achieve exceptional operational targets and standards.
- You will be a champion of best in class health and safety and environmental standards empowering and leading your teams to take ownership for health and safety within the operation.
- Innovative and creative you will play a critical role in relation to new product development in response to customer requirements.
- You will demonstrate a continuous improvement mindset and will be able to evidence your excellent change and project management capabilities.
- You will be ambitious with a stable, consistent and successful career history to date within the flexible packaging sector including BOPET, BOPP and CPP.
- In return our client offers an excellent career development opportunity within a flagship operation in a rapidly expanding global operation.
- Our client offers a competitive salary and benefits package dependent upon experience and single status housing/accommodation and visa sponsorship.
To apply without delay, please email your CV quoting reference LX 498717 to email@example.com Telephone 00 44 (0)1905 381320 www.martinveasey.com