- Permanent (8)
8 Jobs Found
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
INTERNATIONAL/EXPATRIATE ROLE – HEAD OF LOGISTICS SOLUTIONS DESIGN – THIRD PARTY CONTRACT LOGISTICS
“Very innovative Warehouse and Transport Solutions Design specialist with experience of Robotic Process Automation and similar technologies required to lead, coach and develop country solutions design team.”
£Excellent + Bonus + Benefits & Relocation Assistance
South East Asia – Full Relocation Assistance Available
Our client is a global multinational. A true market leader, they have a strong culture of safety, customer focus, quality and reliability.
Highly successful and long-established with industrial expertise across a number of verticals, our client has a global network of operations and integrated state-of-the-art information technology across warehousing and transport.
As result of dynamic growth our client is seeking a very innovative, degree educated, Head of Solutions Design with “hands on” warehouse and transport solutions design experience to lead, coach and develop its country solutions design team.
We are seeking individuals with experience of various types of warehousing and storage including robotic process automation, automatic storage and retrieval systems, transport network design including fleet design, track and trace and route optimisation.
- Managing a team of Solutions Managers and Analysts, you will support the country Business Development and Implementation teams in developing innovative, cost effective and profitable logistics and supply chain solutions for new and existing multinational and regional clients.
- Through strategic consulting assignments, you will work at both operational and Board level to identify business issues focused on process improvement and cost effectiveness; propose value adding and innovative solutions and subsequently manage the delivery of projects.
- This will entail analysis of existing inhouse and customer operations and the subsequent design of proposals, managing resource and cross functional teams during implementation, planning and solutions delivery. In addition, you will develop the supply chain solutions design strategy and manage the departmental budget.
- As Head of Solutions Design your role will be broad - data analyst, strategist, salesperson, key account manager, material handling consultant, warehousing and transport network subject matter expert, supply chain and logistics systems specialist, management accountant, facilitator, leader, mentor, coach and project manager.
- You will possess extensive warehousing and transport solutions design, planning, projects, consultancy, value chain engineering and productivity improvement expertise. You will be highly proficient in liaising, presenting and working at Board level both internally and externally with key multinational client accounts.
- You will direct and manage your team in multiple implementation and re-engineering projects enabling cost and service improvements whilst at the same time managing teams involved in new operational start-ups.
The Ideal Applicant:
- The ideal applicant will be educated to degree/post graduate level and will possess a substantial and demonstrative track record of successful project delivery gained within a third-party contract logistics solutions design/projects environment.
- We are inviting applications from either highly accomplished professionals seeking to consolidate and apply their solutions design, leadership and coaching experience in a new and challenging growth environment or alternatively someone with at least 5-8 years fast track operational and solutions design experience who wishes to further develop their managerial experience by heading up and grow a team of solutions design specialists.
- Experience of transport planning, supply chain optimisation and warehouse design tools as well as formal project management capabilities will be a prerequisite. Experience of managing multi-disciplined teams is essential.
- It is imperative that you will be possess a portfolio of successful projects completed across, for example, retail and FMCG, industrial, technology or pharmaceutical verticals.
- Most importantly you will also have a demonstrable track record of success in coaching and developing a team of Solutions Design Analysts and Managers, ensuring a consistent, best in class approach.
- Previous international solutions design and solutions design and implementation project team leadership would be extremely advantageous as would cultural experience of visiting South East Asia on business or vacation.
Please note: This is an expatriate career development role on a permanent local contract and therefore you will be required to relocate to a country in South East Asia (shortlisted candidates will be advised of the precise location at the outset of the recruitment process) to be based there full time. Our client will provide full relocation assistance. Our client offers a very competitive salary and benefits package including bonus and private healthcare. Please note however that although housing allowance may be provided, school fees are not provided as part of the package.
OPERATIONS MANAGER – PRODUCTION
“Transformational change and leadership role for university degree educated Engineering professional, with lean, CI & Six Sigma experience required to manage specification sales led production and assembly operation. Experience of sheet metal CNC forming, pressing and welding processes advantageous”
Salary: £50-60000 (Dependent on Experience) + Bonus & Benefits
Commutable from Nuneaton, Tamworth, Atherstone, Dordon, Bedworth, Hinckley, Lichfield, Ashby de la Zouche, Leicester, Coventry, Rugby, Lutterworth, Sutton Coldfield, Coleshill, Cannock, Rugeley, Burton upon Trent, Birmingham, Solihull, Warwick, Leamington Spa
Our client is a market leader in the specifications sales led manufacture and supply of mechanical security and service access solutions to the industrial and commercial sector including hotels, airports, shopping centres, high rise buildings, hotels, rail/underground, hospitals/care homes, university student accommodation, commercial and residential developments, interior design and fit out sector. Our client’s sales team works closely with architects, specifiers and main contractors.
Following a recent restructure and ambitious growth plans, our client is now seeking an Engineering graduate for the role of Operations Manager – Production. The successful candidate will be responsible for transformational change and leadership within this make to order production and assembly operation. The ideal candidate will have previous experience of lean, CI and Six Sigma in order to strategically develop and enhance production capability to meet increased order numbers, improve operational output and performance.
The production facility consists of sheet metal CNC cutting and forming/press machines, CNC machine centre, welding, painting, assembly and packing. Orders are supplied nationally and internationally. Whilst experience of sheet metal operations would be advantageous it is not a prerequisite however candidates must be champions of best in class health and safety within high performing lean CI production and assembly environments.
You will undertake a strategic review and analysis, working with senior executives at group and divisional level, in order to develop the best operational model for our client for now, the medium and long term in line with anticipated forward demand and sales growth. As Operations Manager- Production you will progressively improve production capacity, introduce additional shifts, further up skill and develop the team to ensure succession planning as the operation grows. The focus will be on establishing the foundations and continuously improving to achieve best in class production and assembly. You will manage the whole production and assembly operation from end to end.
⦁ Manage and develop the production, maintenance and engineering functions.
⦁ Manage the production performance, planning and day to day running of the production and assembly operation
⦁ A “hands on” manager prepared to lead from the front with a ‘’get it done” attitude.
⦁ Drive a strong ‘’safety first’’ culture
⦁ Ensure customer orders are fulfilled in full and on time and within stringent service level agreements.
⦁ Transform performance through implementation of best practice processes and continuous improvement tools.
⦁ Uses established operational tools – lean, six sigma, and world class manufacturing techniques to deliver best in class performance on productivity, machinery utilisation, waste and OTIF.
⦁ Adherence to Quality standards
⦁ Primary safety leader of the production operation; directing all activities of the operation to ensure customer needs are met as well as efficient production, ensuring Health & Safety and Quality standards are met and maintained.
⦁ Ensures that delivery lead times are within policy to achieve OTIF targets.
⦁ Reviews weekly/ monthly/ quarterly production forecasting and scheduling and maintenance activities of the overall operation.
⦁ Responsible for income and expense related activities and performance
⦁ Responsible for all inventory, including raw material, work in progress and finished goods, and related values and Kanban replenishment of same.
The Ideal Candidate:
⦁ University degree in Engineering/Manufacturing.
⦁ Experienced in the application of lean operational excellence, CI & Six Sigma tools – green or black belt.
⦁ At least 5-7 years previous manufacturing/production and assembly operations management experience,
⦁ Track record of success as a transformational change agent and leader.
⦁ Significant experience as a people manager and good leadership, management and supervisory skills required.
⦁ Evidence of coaching and mentoring essential.
⦁ Able to drive a strong safety culture.
⦁ Proven track record in problem solving, process development, and directing engineering projects to improve the equipment and technology.
⦁ Previous financial analysis and P & L management experience.
⦁ Experience implementing Quality Management Systems.
⦁ Experience of implementing ERP and production planning systems.
⦁ Efficiency driven- monitoring output and management of raw materials.
⦁ Accomplished communicator.
⦁ Target driven – production, inventory levels/ forecasting
⦁ Excellent time management.
⦁ Strong organisation skills. A structured, systematic and logical thinker.
⦁ Must be able to prioritise and manage customer requirements, working closely with colleagues in sales, logistics and customer service.
⦁ Strong analytical and computer literacy skills especially Excel and PowerPoint
⦁ Confident and experienced in business case presentation, persuasion and influencing at senior stakeholder/executive level.
To apply, without delay, please email your CV in word format, quoting reference J13632.
EUROPEAN P2P/PROCURE TO PAY PROCUREMENT OPERATIONS MANAGER
“Excellent opportunity for graduate calibre SAP eProcurement specialist to develop a high performing team to drive P2P process improvement and best practice.”
£50-55000 + Blue Chip Benefits Package
Location: North West (with UK and Mainland European travel)
Commutable from Ellesmere Port, Mold, Wrexham, Birkenhead, Wallasey, Chester, Warrington, Runcorn, Widnes, Liverpool, Crewe, Knutsford, Macclesfield, Greater Manchester, Wigan, Newton le Willows, Leigh, Heywood, Skelmersdale.
Our client is a global multinational undergoing a period of transformation and change.
As part of a strategic transformation of the procurement function moving to a shared service and category management model across its global operating units, our client seeks to strengthen its team with the appointment of an ambitious, university degree educated SAP P2P/Procure to Pay Procurement Operations Manager.
Specifically, our client would like to significantly enhance its procurement capabilities and visibility, control and management of procurement spend through greater utilisation of its SAP and SAP P2P procurement technology. The focus will be on delivering efficiencies, centralised billing, market analysis, price checking, spend analytics and reporting, transparency and control, strategic cost management ultimately delivering maximised value and improved financial performance for the organisation.
As European SAP P2P/Procure to Pay Procurement Operations Manager you will be responsible for People Management, Process Ownership and Stakeholder Engagement. Accordingly, you will be expected to travel to work with your team and stakeholders located at two sites in the UK and two sites in mainland Europe.
As SAP P2P/Procurement Operations Manager your role will be to:
- Lead a team of P2P Procurement Coordinators located in the UK and mainland Europe.
- Shape and sustain an effective and motivated team that delivers desired results (KPIs, internal customer satisfaction) by providing direction, coaching and developing team members, leveraging individual abilities and ensuring best practices are utilized.
- Coach your team to influence internal stakeholders to ensure that contracted suppliers are utilised wherever possible to ensure global efficiency.
As a Process Owner:
- Lead the initiation and delivery of transactional procurement activities within an international remit and constraints.
- You and your team will provide SAP P2P Procurement initiation across all categories of spend.
- Create and maintain SAP P2P Procurement procedures to ensure process excellence and standardisation.
- You will drive consistency and best practice across all European P2P locations.
- Through your team act provide first level support to internal operations in relation to supplier performance, working closely with Senior Buyers and Category Management to drive improvements.
- Manage and present performance indicators in internal operational reviews, analyse data & trends, implement continuous improvement.
As a Business Partner, working with key stakeholders and suppliers you will:
- Build and maintain a fluent relationship with key stakeholders such as Procurement and Category Management, IT, Plant managers, Governance and Control, to make sure that you understand their needs and work together to identify operating issues/non-efficiencies.
- Proactively assist with the ongoing roll out and management of Card Payments and other automation projects to reduce the number of SAP P2P transactions whilst also improving SAP P2P approval flows.
- Proactively contribute to the ongoing development of SAP P2P Procurement functional capabilities, ensuring sustainable value delivery and continual improvement of procurement effectiveness and efficiency.
- Interact with Senior Executives/Leadership teams to share performance updates, identified risks, issues or concerns, and helping drive best practices.
To be successful in this role you will need to possess:
- A university degree from a UK or European University. A Masters level would be highly advantageous.
- Plus CIPS qualification (minimum level 4) or equivalent.
- Previous experienced team leadership experience gained within a SAP P2P/Procure to Pay or Procurement or Finance Shared Services environment.
- A track record of mentoring, coaching, motivation and development of a SAP P2P procurement/finance shared services team.
- Experience of working across global operations or multi-site environments and a keen sense of cultural awareness.
- Excellent knowledge of SAP P2P gained from a procurement perspective.
- Extensive knowledge of procurement in a Buyer or Category or Purchasing role.
- A proven track record in value delivery, improvement activity and best practice development in SAP P2P Procurement processes.
- Outstanding capabilities in building relationships internally and externally to enable you to be successful in your role and to contribute to the development of our client as a world-class procurement organisation
- A thirst for knowledge, an inquisitive mind-set and drive for results.
- Resilience, energy and willingness to travel nationally and into Europe in order to engage with your team and key stakeholders in your quest to drive and deliver SAP P2P Procurement Process Excellence.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
MARINE AGGREGATES SHIP MANAGER/TECHNICAL SUPERINTENDENT
“Career development opportunity for Vessel/Technical Superintendent or similar Marine Engineering Specialist to join UK division of multinational plc within the aggregates and construction materials sector”
£50-60000 (DOE) + Excellent Benefits including Relocation Assistance
Commutable from Sussex, Surrey, Hampshire, West Kent
Our client’s marine division supplies high quality natural sand and gravel aggregates from the seabed off the UK for use in ready mixed and pre-cast concrete, general construction and coastal defence schemes. Our client is seeking a Vessel or Technical Superintendent with a strong marine engineering background for the role of Marine Aggregates Ship Manager for its UK team. The team comprises a group of specialists in marine and wharf operations, ship engineering and mineral resources, based in West Sussex. Your objective will be to monitor and deliver vessel performance and all aspects of the technical operation, driving marine and engineering standards onboard your assigned vessels.
Our client operates a fleet of four ships purpose built for aggregate dredging The ships/dredgers operate round the clock, 24 hours per day, seven days per week, extracting sand and gravel from licensed dredging areas in the North Sea, English Channel, Bristol Channel and Irish Sea.
The ships/dredgers deliver cargoes to landing points close to where the aggregates are used such as wharves with onsite processing plants along the River Thames, along the south coast between Shoreham and Southampton, in South and North Wales and in SW and NW England. Each dredger uses satellite navigation to dredge accurately and precisely locate aggregate reserves on the seabed.
- Responsible for the safe and economical day to day operation of vessels under your control, ensuring they comply with statutory and class certification.
- Leadership and management of the on vessel/ship-based team and the office-based team.
- Accountable for the performance of these vessels against budget.
- Provide a high level of technical support and supervision.
- Responsible for improvement and development of the AMOS marine planned maintenance and purchasing system, improving reliability and achieving world class vessel performance.
- Responsible for the company’s’ entire fleet spares stock holding, including increasing stock value, depreciation and stock write offs to ensure management of critical spares.
- Marine aggregates business improvement programmes such as ongoing fleet optimisation including taking accountability for a associated KPI’s
- Responsible for upgrades and modifications to vessels to overcome obsolescence and improve vessel performance. Investigate and assess innovative ways of maximising out turn and improving equipment longevity.
- Responsible for CAPEX applications for vessel technical requirements from instigation to compliance and completion sign off. CAPEX and OPEX budget performance reporting.
- Responsible for downtime strategy planning and minimisation in accordance with production demands and for budgetary planning and purchasing control.
- Preparation of dry-docking and repair specifications.
- Negotiations with shipyards, dry-docks and suppliers to obtain best value for all requirements. Adjudication of quotes and justification of costs to stake holder management.
- Supervision of repairs during alongside repair and dry-dock periods including influencing and monitoring of safety systems in shipyards during repairs to promote safe working practices in accordance with legislation, company procedures and safety culture.
The Ideal Applicant:
- Graduate calibre education level e.g. HNC/HND, Bachelors or Masters in engineering, marine, maritime or nautical or shipping studies or similar.
- Minimum of an STCW95 III/2 Class 2 Engineer Officer Certificate of Competency (or equivalent).
- A good working knowledge of the maintenance requirements of medium speed diesels and their associated electro-hydraulic systems.
- A strong engineering background relevant to the Marine Industry, having potentially spent time at sea in a shipboard Managerial Position.
- This role would be particularly suited to someone with shore-based experience, or recent Senior Position onboard a vessel looking to take that first step ashore.
- To be able to diagnose and rectify faults in a wide range of machinery and control systems.
- Clear, concise communicator with ability to liaise with personnel and outside bodies at all levels. Effective communication skills, and excellent written and verbal capability.
- Significant management/leadership skills. Strong organisational, delegation and interpersonal skills. Able to lead both an offshore/on board vessel and on shore team
- Able to take command of situations effectively, efficiently and calmly.
- A proven history managing complex docking projects and electronic planned maintenance systems would be essential together with excellent leadership and management skills.
- Experience of managing marine dredgers or similar vessels within the aggregates or similar sector would be highly advantageous.
- This experience may have been gained in the UK or EU or further afield but you will have the right to live and work in UK/EU.
- Candidates who have worked within the Merchant or Royal Navy or Commercial Port Operations would also be of interest.
Candidates with seagoing experience would be considered favourably, although this is not essential. It is important to have a strong commercial aptitude with a solid knowledge and understanding across all the variables within operations when dealing with vessels.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious Technical Superintendent to take the next step in their career.
This position offers the successful candidate excellent career progress opportunities, the opportunity to work with a leading shipping company and enjoy an attractive package based upon experience which will include an excellent salary and assistance with re-location if needed.
PLANT GENERAL MANAGER
“Excellent transformational change management role for Chemical Engineer/Engineering professional with track record of people development, engagement and continuous improvement in an Industrial Processing Environment.”
C£Very Competitive + Car Allowance, Bonus & Benefits & Relocation Assistance
Commutable Locations: Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Staffordshire, Derbyshire, Cheshire, Yorkshire, West Midlands, Shropshire, Greater Manchester, Humberside
Our client is a global market leader within the industrial processing sector and operates a number of plants in the UK.
Due to dynamic growth our client is now seeking an Engineering degree educated Plant General Manager to take the lead at three strategic sites located. Candidates currently working within the heavy engineering/industrial processing industries would be particularly interesting.
This is a high-profile leadership role, focused on ensuring continuous improvement of health and safety and operational efficiency. You will manage a highly experienced and loyal team, further developing and instilling a zero-harm culture, and the technical competencies and behaviours required to achieve and sustain world class standards for the manufacture of our client’s product which is exported globally and utilised for a wide range of industry applications.
The successful candidate will therefore demonstrate a high profile and visible leadership style, and a track record of transformational change management and people development, engagement and motivation against a backdrop of a “best in class”, operational development programme. Ideally this experience will have been gained within a blue-chip multinational environment renowned for its world class/leading edge standards in terms of operational performance, people development, change management and leadership - an "employer of choice".
The ideal applicant will possess current and previous site leadership and manufacturing operational management experience gained within a fast-moving, lean processing, high customer service focused heavy engineering/industrial processing environment will be a prerequisite. The sites are unionised so excellent, well-honed ER skills are essential.
The primary purpose of the roles is to be responsible for optimizing labour; safety on site; material and equipment resources to maximize production capability and meet customer expectations with excellent quality and service. We are seeking people with experience of turnaround/transformation, people development, technical skills transfer, retention and management as part of a talent development and succession planning programme, continuously improving and developing such operations as the sites take on increased customer volumes both in the UK and in the export market.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Must be University degree educated in Engineering – Chemical Engineering would be particularly advantageous.
- Consistent career history in blue chip multinational environments
- High profile leadership experience in a Plant/Site Operations. Worked at Plant/Factory Manager Level.
- Track record of people development, technical skills transfer, retention and management, employee engagement, change and continuous improvement leading to best in class OEE and safety standards
- Experience in Project Management, business and systems analysis highly advantageous but people management, development and succession planning within a long established and highly skilled processing environment will be critical to success.
- Plant, Site or Factory multi functional operations leadership experience must have been gained within heavy industrial processing sector
- Experienced Lean or Continuous Improvement champion with track record of excellent team development and engagement to deliver continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated experience of cross functional and multi-level interaction and working in a matrix organization.
- Ideally experience of working within high volume / target driven manufacturing environment.
- Led & achieved results in UK or pan-European, multi-single site, managing cross functionally within blue-collar sites.
- Experience of leading and managing employee relations at a senior level through continuous improvement within best in class operations.
- Proven skills and capabilities in leadership, communication, capability, collaboration and problem solving.
- Excellent experience of the Budgeting process and CAPEX business case approval process.
- Project Management qualification highly advantageous.
- Knowledge and use of Lean/Six Sigma.
- PC Literate. Particularly strong Excel skills.
- Resilient, driven, results focused personality - a high achiever.
HEAD OF CLIENT SERVICES & PROJECT MANAGEMENT– CLINICAL TRIALS
"Experienced Clinical Trials Project Manager/Client Services Manager required to lead both clinical trials project teams and key account growth through excellent relationship management"
Salary: Very Competitive + Blue Chip Benefits
Suzhou, Jiangsu China
Our client is a global leader in outsourced pharmaceutical clinical trials project management working with major international drug manufacturers to provide exceptionally high on-time service levels to stringent regulatory and QA standards.
As Head of Client Services & Project Management you will manage the clinical trials logistics operations and clinical trials project management team. You will also play a critical role in assisting our client’s Chinese operation to achieve customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives. Specifically, you will work closely with Business Development colleagues to generate additional growth and interest by leveraging opportunities from existing pharmaceutical clinical trials clients, generating local opportunities in China, qualifying prospects and opportunities.
As Head of Client Services & Project Management you will supervise and coordinate the Chinese facility’s clinical trails logistics operations and clinical trials project management ensuring the timely delivery of client clinical trials projects; control of all processes related to logistics operations in line with Good Manufacturing, Storage and Distribution Practices at internal and external level as well as implementation of processes to support productivity enhancements. You will also generate metrics, control and optimization of processes, evaluation of service capacities and response time to reduce operating process deviations. You will lead a team of clinical trials project managers. Therefore, you will be a strong leader of people familiar with managing change in a dynamic environment. A key part of the role will be to instill a proactive rather than reactive approach to clinical trials project management. You will be highly engaging, motivational, visionary and supportive as the team and the Chinese operation goes through a major change in approach.
You will also proactively manage client relationships ensuring appropriate communication, business engagement, implementation and service delivery to enable retention, growth and long term mutual business partnerships. To succeed in this role, you must have a clinical trials project, process and quality management background combined with a strong network of contacts and clients within the pharmaceutical clinical trials sector in China/Latin America.
You will be highly consultative, with excellent listening and client services/key account management experience within the clinical trials project management arena. You will have a track record of nurturing clients and a high focus on face to face relationship management. The focus will be on an excellent customer experience. You will work closely with local and global colleagues in client services, business development and logistics/supply chain operations to optimize and synergise opportunities emanating from the Chinese marketplace.
The Ideal Person
- You must currently reside in China. However, you must be fluent in both English and Chinese.
- You must be educated to degree level in a science, biomedical, pharmaceutical, medical, health related or similar subject.
- You will have an in depth understanding of the pharmaceutical clinical trials market sector. We are not seeking candidates from any other sectors as you will need to present evidence of your clinical trials network of client contacts.
- Experience in clinical trials project and client services delivery management. A formal qualification or certification in Project Management, combined with clinical trials sector experience would be highly desirable.
- Strong people management and leadership experience. Ideally at least 5-7 years of supporting and then at least 2 years leading a clinical trials project management team. Proven experience working with direct management of teams.
- A change manager familiar with developing a highly responsive and proactive rather than reactive clinical trials project management team focused on excellent customer service and customer experience.
- Knowledge of rules related to pharmaceutical GMP, GDP, biosafety, local regulation and SOP.
- A confident personality, familiar and very comfortable working face to face with large pharmaceutical clients in relation to clinical trials projects.
- A significant network of pharmaceutical clients within the clinical trials project management arena.
- Highly motivated to achieve key account growth through leveraging existing relationships, identifying and qualifying opportunities, working closely with business development and marketing colleagues to achieve country revenue and growth targets.
- Requires demonstration of good professional judgment when working with clients, excellent organizational, planning, verbal, written and numerical skills with the ability to analyze and define solutions and manage multiple tasks to meet strict deadlines.
- Requires strong and effective communication with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of pharmaceutical client managers and directors in relation to clinical trials projects.
- Requires strong customer management skills; proactively anticipates, understands, and responds to the needs of clients to meet or exceed their expectations.
- Requires experience with detail execution, managing multiple tasks and meeting strict deadlines.
- Experience in pharmaceutical clinical trials quality, logistic and storage activities.
- Strong capability in preparing reports using Excel; knowledge of Windows, and Microsoft Word as well as the understanding and competent use of SOPs required by pharmaceutical clinical trials quality standards.
- Requires strong interpersonal and communication skills to include excellent relationship building.
KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER – RETAIL VERTICAL – INTERNATIONAL MULTI MODAL LOGISTICS
“Fantastic career development opportunity for degree educated high potential with a track record gained pan European retail logistics solutions design or supply chain development or business development or key account management”
Salary £50-60000 (Dependent Upon Experience) + Car, Bonus & Blue-Chip Benefits
Location: Northern Home Counties
Commutable from Hertfordshire, Essex, Greater London, East London, Central London, North London, West London, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Bedfordshire, Middlesex, Surrey
(locations for advertisement Watford, Hemel Hempstead, St Albans, High Wycombe, Potters Barr, Cheshunt, Hackney, Camden, Stratford, Chigwell, Greenwich, Bromley, Ealing, Wandsworth, Chiswick, Richmond, Maidenhead, Slough, Egham, Staines, Weybridge, Walton Thames)
Our long-established, US$ multibillion client designs and operates globally integrated supply chains combining origin and destination logistics solutions with transportation services across all modes and regions of the world.
Their brand is synonymous with service quality, reliability and operational excellence. They have a strong focus on delivering high-quality services across a number of verticals. As a result of promotion, they are now seeking a Key Account Manager to join a well-established team supporting the international supply chain of one of the world’s most exciting and dynamic growth, multinational retail formats. You will spend 2-3 days per week at the retail account head office in the Home Counties and 1-2 days working from home or our client’s head office in London. Both locations are easily accessible by road or rail networks.
- Manage our client’s global supply chain solution for a flagship key account customer.
- Drive business development to increase sales of our client’s sophisticated logistics and supply chain solutions and services delivered to its key account retail customer, improving profitability.
- Facilitate excellent performance across all multi modal logistics services delivered to the key account retail client.
- This will include achieving/exceeding customer’ expectations and driving process efficiencies in delivering relevant, effective service and solutions.
- Identify, develop and evaluate new business opportunities to expand the portfolio of core and value-added services offered to the Key Account.
- Development and maintenance of a customer specific road map to support this aim.
- Drive and manage solution design and project development and implementation.
- Supporting the design of operations and systems solutions to meet the identified requirements of the Key Account Customer. This will require working with internal teams e.g. Service Integrity, Operations and IT teams when designing and specifying the tailored customer solution.
- Responsible for all rate and contract negotiations for the dedicated Key Account ensuring achievement of targets in terms of profitability, budget and growth of the nominated Key Account.
- As part of the Retail Vertical team, the incumbent will extensively communicate with a wide variety of people, such as vendors, internal departments, client management and employees, at various levels of seniority.
- Continuously develop an excellent relationship with the Key Account Customer is a vital aspect to fulfil the above requirements.
The Ideal Candidate:
- The ideal candidate will be university degree educated, (a Master’s degree would be advantageous) and will possess a demonstrable track record of success and knowledge of solutions design, supply chain and logistics development, business development or key account management within the retail vertical.
- This experience may have been gained within a 3PL, or an international freight forwarder/multi modal operator or within a major international or European retailer specialising in fast moving apparel, homewares or grocery.
- Expertise will include a strong overall understanding of the retail supply chain from order management, vendor management, consolidation, global air, sea and land freight management, multi modal transportation, international hub management, deconsolidation, regional and destination distribution centres, store order fulfilment, distribution management.
- In addition, value added services ranging from retail point of sale (POS) to customised packaging, delivery optimisation and returns management.
- Fluent in English. A second European or International Language would be highly advantageous.
- A solutions-based approach to key account development, stakeholder engagement combined with excellent and highly developed communication and presentation skills.
- Highly numerate, analytical and commercially aware with the capability to deal with complexity.
- Capability to be both reactive and proactive within an extremely fast paced, high growth international retail environment.
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
In return our client offers excellent career development within a global multinational environment and excellent blue-chip salary and benefits package.
CONTRACT MANAGERS – THIRD PARTY LOGISTICS RETAIL/FMCG OPERATIONS
“Accelerated career development opportunities for degree educated warehousing professionals to drive operational growth on existing FMCG retail and grocery retail logistics accounts.”
£Competitive + Car/Car Allowance + Bonus + Benefits
Actual Job Location: Vietnam
Our client is one the world’s most successful third party logistics service providers with an impressive portfolio of blue chip multinational accounts across a range of industries. In order to bolster growth on existing FMCG retail consumer goods, fashion and grocery accounts they are now seeking two university degree educated warehousing/distribution centre management professionals as Contract Managers for a variety of dedicated and shared user third party logistics and warehousing contracts. Experience of transport operations would be advantageous but the key focus will be on warehousing, case and pick and pack operations. Experience of retail logistics operations is a pre-requisite for these roles.
As an experienced grocery/retail/FMCG distribution centre operations manager, either from a third party/contract logistics service provider or from inhouse retail logistics, you will work closely with clients and will take the operational lead for automated and semi-automated DC’s. You will be responsible for operational development and performance optimisation against stringent service level agreements and challenging KPI’s covering both warehousing and transport logistics operations. You will engage and develop key account focused, client relationships. You will already be adept at leading, coaching and developing your DC leadership teams to create a best in class and high performing operation. Therefore, to date you will already have recent/current experience of leading a at least 100 operational colleagues through a first line management team.
Skills, Experience, Qualifications:
As these roles are part of our client’s talent and succession plan for the region, they are specifically seeking university degree educated candidates. Candidates who have benefitted from an in-depth management development programme with extensive operational management exposure, either within a 3PL or a large food/non-food retailer would be of particular interest.
Your experience to date, minimum 4-8 years post-graduation, will have included either extensive 3PL contract account management directly interfacing with clients or in house cross functional stakeholder engagement across corporate and store operations. Also, either in house or within a 3PL you have built upon your operational project management and continuous improvement skills to reduce cost and increase efficiencies. This could include operational turnaround, employee engagement and development, new site openings, through to large scale physical and systems redesigns. However, the bulk of your experience must be operations management and leadership of a DC as opposed to pure projects and planning.
You will highly numerate and analytical with a strong commercial acumen, already used to budgetary management responsibility or even full P & L. Exposure to implementing cost saving initiatives and leading teams through numerous periods of change and growth, to become high performing will be essential to success in this role. You will be developing a reputation for your highly visible “walk the floor” leadership style.
You will be very ambitious, with a track record of successful performance improvement and results delivery, as you will further build your expertise in these exciting Contract General Management roles, to eventually take on senior executive roles in a rapidly developing international market.
The ideal applicants will be university degree educated perhaps in logistics or business or engineering, sciences. You will be a high energy, resilient person, with a warm personality and a real passion for developing people and driving a logistics business to succeed. Your talent and development reviews to date will already have earmarked you as a high potential talent.
From an operational perspective, you must be adept at running a retail warehousing case and pick pack and despatch operations. Experience of a multi drop primary and secondary transport function would be very advantageous. Your financial management and planning skills will be excellent. Your attention to detail, self-control and drive will be of the highest levels. You will be comfortable persuading, influencing and presenting at both shop floor and director level internally and externally to the client.
Previous experience of working abroad or extended periods of travel or of living and working in South East Asia or other developing markets will be highly advantageous as you will need to be able to quickly adapt to a different cultural style and your personal people management and leadership approach will be one that respects loyalty and engenders trust whilst remaining highly results driven and focused on success. In return our client offers a competitive salary (low tax) and very low cost of living and benefits such as car, bonus, pension, healthcare and fantastic career development. These are permanent opportunities requiring relocation to Vietnam. Relocation assistance will be provided including initial short-term rental support.