- Permanent (5)
5 Jobs Found
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
PRODUCT MANAGER - Mechanical Hardware into the OEM & Distribution Sector
Salary: c£50000 - £60000 plus benefits
Location: West Midlands
Commutable from Birmingham, Kidderminster, Stafford, Stone, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Wednesbury, Stourbridge, Halesowen, Bromsgrove, Lichfield, Tamworth, Stoke on Trent, Telford, Shrewsbury, Droitwich, Redditch, Worcester, Coventry, Warwick, Sutton Coldfield, Coleshill, Stockport, Crewe
This fast growing and acquisitive client wish to strengthen their product offering with a Product Manager responsible for mechanical hardware. You will focus on developing a pipeline of new product development to time scale and product life cycle management for customers in the OEM housebuilding/construction, building trade and DIY/hardware distribution sectors. You will take full ownership and responsibility for your designated product portfolio and deliver continued commercial success of those products by managing them according to their stage within the product lifecycle. You must have experience of NPD from ‘cradle to grave’.
- Co-ordinate market and customer research into new product and new product category ideas working with the sales, marketing, design and technical teams to harness cross functional expertise
- Be the go-to-person in the business for new product ideas, actively promote this and make yourself available to encourage idea generation across the business
- Keep abreast of product developments within the OEM & Distribution sector and competitors. Use this intelligence to identify new product opportunities
- Develop project proposals to be considered for entry into the product development process, paying close attention to cost, price and margin and for projects that merit progression work closely to the Prince2 product development and Stage Gate processes to deliver products in a timely, high quality and financially compelling manner
- Monitor project status and communicate to the rest of the business
- Work closely with Design & Technical to ensure stringent validation approvals against the product design where necessary
- Monitor the evolving needs of customers and the sales teams to ensure that projects are being treated with the right level of priority at any given time
- Work with sales and supply chain to establish initial order quantities and with marketing to deliver a fully featured launch process and collateral and also prepare training material in relation to the new product and ensure it is delivered to all relevant parties
- Create excitement across the business when stock is available in order that the products are more likely to be talked about to customers by the sales team
- In partnership with the sales team and technical teams, stay close to early adopters of new products and gather feedback on experiences of the product feeding back improvements to the design team. Feedback positive comment to the sales and marketing teams to incorporate in pitches/marketing material
- Conduct a ground up review of the product portfolio understanding the detail and intricacies of the range. Rationalise legacy and obsolete products, classify remaining products and create an action plan for each by revisiting features and benefit and re-launch to the sales force or investigate opportunities for VAVE or replacement
- Build a category development strategy for the product portfolio and manage all products accordingly including looking for opportunities to reduce the size of the portfolio, categorise & bundle product ranges, review opportunities for VAVE, re-energise products by modernising packaging, manage changeovers and ensure terminated products are sold off profitably
- Educated to degree level with a background in product management gained within the mechanical hardware/components sector focussing on OEM housebuilding, construction, building trade, DIY/hardware sectors or similar, for example automotive
- Must have experience of NPD from concept to launch as well as product portfolio management and product lifecycle management through to termination
- Prince 2 Practitioner preferred or similar methodology
- Strong strategic analysis skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Comfortable working in a matrix management environment
- Highly flexible
INTERNATIONAL/EXPATRIATE ROLE – HEAD OF LOGISTICS SOLUTIONS DESIGN – THIRD PARTY CONTRACT LOGISTICS
“Very innovative Warehouse and Transport Solutions Design specialist with experience of Robotic Process Automation and similar technologies required to lead, coach and develop country solutions design team.”
£Excellent + Bonus + Benefits & Relocation Assistance
South East Asia – Full Relocation Assistance Available
Our client is a global multinational. A true market leader, they have a strong culture of safety, customer focus, quality and reliability.
Highly successful and long-established with industrial expertise across a number of verticals, our client has a global network of operations and integrated state-of-the-art information technology across warehousing and transport.
As result of dynamic growth our client is seeking a very innovative, degree educated, Head of Solutions Design with “hands on” warehouse and transport solutions design experience to lead, coach and develop its country solutions design team.
We are seeking individuals with experience of various types of warehousing and storage including robotic process automation, automatic storage and retrieval systems, transport network design including fleet design, track and trace and route optimisation.
- Managing a team of Solutions Managers and Analysts, you will support the country Business Development and Implementation teams in developing innovative, cost effective and profitable logistics and supply chain solutions for new and existing multinational and regional clients.
- Through strategic consulting assignments, you will work at both operational and Board level to identify business issues focused on process improvement and cost effectiveness; propose value adding and innovative solutions and subsequently manage the delivery of projects.
- This will entail analysis of existing inhouse and customer operations and the subsequent design of proposals, managing resource and cross functional teams during implementation, planning and solutions delivery. In addition, you will develop the supply chain solutions design strategy and manage the departmental budget.
- As Head of Solutions Design your role will be broad - data analyst, strategist, salesperson, key account manager, material handling consultant, warehousing and transport network subject matter expert, supply chain and logistics systems specialist, management accountant, facilitator, leader, mentor, coach and project manager.
- You will possess extensive warehousing and transport solutions design, planning, projects, consultancy, value chain engineering and productivity improvement expertise. You will be highly proficient in liaising, presenting and working at Board level both internally and externally with key multinational client accounts.
- You will direct and manage your team in multiple implementation and re-engineering projects enabling cost and service improvements whilst at the same time managing teams involved in new operational start-ups.
The Ideal Applicant:
- The ideal applicant will be educated to degree/post graduate level and will possess a substantial and demonstrative track record of successful project delivery gained within a third-party contract logistics solutions design/projects environment.
- We are inviting applications from either highly accomplished professionals seeking to consolidate and apply their solutions design, leadership and coaching experience in a new and challenging growth environment or alternatively someone with at least 5-8 years fast track operational and solutions design experience who wishes to further develop their managerial experience by heading up and grow a team of solutions design specialists.
- Experience of transport planning, supply chain optimisation and warehouse design tools as well as formal project management capabilities will be a prerequisite. Experience of managing multi-disciplined teams is essential.
- It is imperative that you will be possess a portfolio of successful projects completed across, for example, retail and FMCG, industrial, technology or pharmaceutical verticals.
- Most importantly you will also have a demonstrable track record of success in coaching and developing a team of Solutions Design Analysts and Managers, ensuring a consistent, best in class approach.
- Previous international solutions design and solutions design and implementation project team leadership would be extremely advantageous as would cultural experience of visiting South East Asia on business or vacation.
Please note: This is an expatriate career development role on a permanent local contract and therefore you will be required to relocate to a country in South East Asia (shortlisted candidates will be advised of the precise location at the outset of the recruitment process) to be based there full time. Our client will provide full relocation assistance. Our client offers a very competitive salary and benefits package including bonus and private healthcare. Please note however that although housing allowance may be provided, school fees are not provided as part of the package.
EUROPEAN P2P/PROCURE TO PAY PROCUREMENT OPERATIONS MANAGER
“Excellent opportunity for graduate calibre SAP eProcurement specialist to develop a high performing team to drive P2P process improvement and best practice.”
£50-55000 + Blue Chip Benefits Package
Location: North West (with UK and Mainland European travel)
Commutable from Ellesmere Port, Mold, Wrexham, Birkenhead, Wallasey, Chester, Warrington, Runcorn, Widnes, Liverpool, Crewe, Knutsford, Macclesfield, Greater Manchester, Wigan, Newton le Willows, Leigh, Heywood, Skelmersdale.
Our client is a global multinational undergoing a period of transformation and change.
As part of a strategic transformation of the procurement function moving to a shared service and category management model across its global operating units, our client seeks to strengthen its team with the appointment of an ambitious, university degree educated SAP P2P/Procure to Pay Procurement Operations Manager.
Specifically, our client would like to significantly enhance its procurement capabilities and visibility, control and management of procurement spend through greater utilisation of its SAP and SAP P2P procurement technology. The focus will be on delivering efficiencies, centralised billing, market analysis, price checking, spend analytics and reporting, transparency and control, strategic cost management ultimately delivering maximised value and improved financial performance for the organisation.
As European SAP P2P/Procure to Pay Procurement Operations Manager you will be responsible for People Management, Process Ownership and Stakeholder Engagement. Accordingly, you will be expected to travel to work with your team and stakeholders located at two sites in the UK and two sites in mainland Europe.
As SAP P2P/Procurement Operations Manager your role will be to:
- Lead a team of P2P Procurement Coordinators located in the UK and mainland Europe.
- Shape and sustain an effective and motivated team that delivers desired results (KPIs, internal customer satisfaction) by providing direction, coaching and developing team members, leveraging individual abilities and ensuring best practices are utilized.
- Coach your team to influence internal stakeholders to ensure that contracted suppliers are utilised wherever possible to ensure global efficiency.
As a Process Owner:
- Lead the initiation and delivery of transactional procurement activities within an international remit and constraints.
- You and your team will provide SAP P2P Procurement initiation across all categories of spend.
- Create and maintain SAP P2P Procurement procedures to ensure process excellence and standardisation.
- You will drive consistency and best practice across all European P2P locations.
- Through your team act provide first level support to internal operations in relation to supplier performance, working closely with Senior Buyers and Category Management to drive improvements.
- Manage and present performance indicators in internal operational reviews, analyse data & trends, implement continuous improvement.
As a Business Partner, working with key stakeholders and suppliers you will:
- Build and maintain a fluent relationship with key stakeholders such as Procurement and Category Management, IT, Plant managers, Governance and Control, to make sure that you understand their needs and work together to identify operating issues/non-efficiencies.
- Proactively assist with the ongoing roll out and management of Card Payments and other automation projects to reduce the number of SAP P2P transactions whilst also improving SAP P2P approval flows.
- Proactively contribute to the ongoing development of SAP P2P Procurement functional capabilities, ensuring sustainable value delivery and continual improvement of procurement effectiveness and efficiency.
- Interact with Senior Executives/Leadership teams to share performance updates, identified risks, issues or concerns, and helping drive best practices.
To be successful in this role you will need to possess:
- A university degree from a UK or European University. A Masters level would be highly advantageous.
- Plus CIPS qualification (minimum level 4) or equivalent.
- Previous experienced team leadership experience gained within a SAP P2P/Procure to Pay or Procurement or Finance Shared Services environment.
- A track record of mentoring, coaching, motivation and development of a SAP P2P procurement/finance shared services team.
- Experience of working across global operations or multi-site environments and a keen sense of cultural awareness.
- Excellent knowledge of SAP P2P gained from a procurement perspective.
- Extensive knowledge of procurement in a Buyer or Category or Purchasing role.
- A proven track record in value delivery, improvement activity and best practice development in SAP P2P Procurement processes.
- Outstanding capabilities in building relationships internally and externally to enable you to be successful in your role and to contribute to the development of our client as a world-class procurement organisation
- A thirst for knowledge, an inquisitive mind-set and drive for results.
- Resilience, energy and willingness to travel nationally and into Europe in order to engage with your team and key stakeholders in your quest to drive and deliver SAP P2P Procurement Process Excellence.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
HEAD OF CLIENT SERVICES & PROJECT MANAGEMENT– CLINICAL TRIALS
"Experienced Clinical Trials Project Manager/Client Services Manager required to lead both clinical trials project teams and key account growth through excellent relationship management"
Salary: Very Competitive + Blue Chip Benefits
Suzhou, Jiangsu China
Our client is a global leader in outsourced pharmaceutical clinical trials project management working with major international drug manufacturers to provide exceptionally high on-time service levels to stringent regulatory and QA standards.
As Head of Client Services & Project Management you will manage the clinical trials logistics operations and clinical trials project management team. You will also play a critical role in assisting our client’s Chinese operation to achieve customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives. Specifically, you will work closely with Business Development colleagues to generate additional growth and interest by leveraging opportunities from existing pharmaceutical clinical trials clients, generating local opportunities in China, qualifying prospects and opportunities.
As Head of Client Services & Project Management you will supervise and coordinate the Chinese facility’s clinical trails logistics operations and clinical trials project management ensuring the timely delivery of client clinical trials projects; control of all processes related to logistics operations in line with Good Manufacturing, Storage and Distribution Practices at internal and external level as well as implementation of processes to support productivity enhancements. You will also generate metrics, control and optimization of processes, evaluation of service capacities and response time to reduce operating process deviations. You will lead a team of clinical trials project managers. Therefore, you will be a strong leader of people familiar with managing change in a dynamic environment. A key part of the role will be to instill a proactive rather than reactive approach to clinical trials project management. You will be highly engaging, motivational, visionary and supportive as the team and the Chinese operation goes through a major change in approach.
You will also proactively manage client relationships ensuring appropriate communication, business engagement, implementation and service delivery to enable retention, growth and long term mutual business partnerships. To succeed in this role, you must have a clinical trials project, process and quality management background combined with a strong network of contacts and clients within the pharmaceutical clinical trials sector in China/Latin America.
You will be highly consultative, with excellent listening and client services/key account management experience within the clinical trials project management arena. You will have a track record of nurturing clients and a high focus on face to face relationship management. The focus will be on an excellent customer experience. You will work closely with local and global colleagues in client services, business development and logistics/supply chain operations to optimize and synergise opportunities emanating from the Chinese marketplace.
The Ideal Person
- You must currently reside in China. However, you must be fluent in both English and Chinese.
- You must be educated to degree level in a science, biomedical, pharmaceutical, medical, health related or similar subject.
- You will have an in depth understanding of the pharmaceutical clinical trials market sector. We are not seeking candidates from any other sectors as you will need to present evidence of your clinical trials network of client contacts.
- Experience in clinical trials project and client services delivery management. A formal qualification or certification in Project Management, combined with clinical trials sector experience would be highly desirable.
- Strong people management and leadership experience. Ideally at least 5-7 years of supporting and then at least 2 years leading a clinical trials project management team. Proven experience working with direct management of teams.
- A change manager familiar with developing a highly responsive and proactive rather than reactive clinical trials project management team focused on excellent customer service and customer experience.
- Knowledge of rules related to pharmaceutical GMP, GDP, biosafety, local regulation and SOP.
- A confident personality, familiar and very comfortable working face to face with large pharmaceutical clients in relation to clinical trials projects.
- A significant network of pharmaceutical clients within the clinical trials project management arena.
- Highly motivated to achieve key account growth through leveraging existing relationships, identifying and qualifying opportunities, working closely with business development and marketing colleagues to achieve country revenue and growth targets.
- Requires demonstration of good professional judgment when working with clients, excellent organizational, planning, verbal, written and numerical skills with the ability to analyze and define solutions and manage multiple tasks to meet strict deadlines.
- Requires strong and effective communication with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of pharmaceutical client managers and directors in relation to clinical trials projects.
- Requires strong customer management skills; proactively anticipates, understands, and responds to the needs of clients to meet or exceed their expectations.
- Requires experience with detail execution, managing multiple tasks and meeting strict deadlines.
- Experience in pharmaceutical clinical trials quality, logistic and storage activities.
- Strong capability in preparing reports using Excel; knowledge of Windows, and Microsoft Word as well as the understanding and competent use of SOPs required by pharmaceutical clinical trials quality standards.
- Requires strong interpersonal and communication skills to include excellent relationship building.
CONTRACT MANAGERS – THIRD PARTY LOGISTICS RETAIL/FMCG OPERATIONS
“Accelerated career development opportunities for degree educated warehousing professionals to drive operational growth on existing FMCG retail and grocery retail logistics accounts.”
£Competitive + Car/Car Allowance + Bonus + Benefits
Actual Job Location: Vietnam
Our client is one the world’s most successful third party logistics service providers with an impressive portfolio of blue chip multinational accounts across a range of industries. In order to bolster growth on existing FMCG retail consumer goods, fashion and grocery accounts they are now seeking two university degree educated warehousing/distribution centre management professionals as Contract Managers for a variety of dedicated and shared user third party logistics and warehousing contracts. Experience of transport operations would be advantageous but the key focus will be on warehousing, case and pick and pack operations. Experience of retail logistics operations is a pre-requisite for these roles.
As an experienced grocery/retail/FMCG distribution centre operations manager, either from a third party/contract logistics service provider or from inhouse retail logistics, you will work closely with clients and will take the operational lead for automated and semi-automated DC’s. You will be responsible for operational development and performance optimisation against stringent service level agreements and challenging KPI’s covering both warehousing and transport logistics operations. You will engage and develop key account focused, client relationships. You will already be adept at leading, coaching and developing your DC leadership teams to create a best in class and high performing operation. Therefore, to date you will already have recent/current experience of leading a at least 100 operational colleagues through a first line management team.
Skills, Experience, Qualifications:
As these roles are part of our client’s talent and succession plan for the region, they are specifically seeking university degree educated candidates. Candidates who have benefitted from an in-depth management development programme with extensive operational management exposure, either within a 3PL or a large food/non-food retailer would be of particular interest.
Your experience to date, minimum 4-8 years post-graduation, will have included either extensive 3PL contract account management directly interfacing with clients or in house cross functional stakeholder engagement across corporate and store operations. Also, either in house or within a 3PL you have built upon your operational project management and continuous improvement skills to reduce cost and increase efficiencies. This could include operational turnaround, employee engagement and development, new site openings, through to large scale physical and systems redesigns. However, the bulk of your experience must be operations management and leadership of a DC as opposed to pure projects and planning.
You will highly numerate and analytical with a strong commercial acumen, already used to budgetary management responsibility or even full P & L. Exposure to implementing cost saving initiatives and leading teams through numerous periods of change and growth, to become high performing will be essential to success in this role. You will be developing a reputation for your highly visible “walk the floor” leadership style.
You will be very ambitious, with a track record of successful performance improvement and results delivery, as you will further build your expertise in these exciting Contract General Management roles, to eventually take on senior executive roles in a rapidly developing international market.
The ideal applicants will be university degree educated perhaps in logistics or business or engineering, sciences. You will be a high energy, resilient person, with a warm personality and a real passion for developing people and driving a logistics business to succeed. Your talent and development reviews to date will already have earmarked you as a high potential talent.
From an operational perspective, you must be adept at running a retail warehousing case and pick pack and despatch operations. Experience of a multi drop primary and secondary transport function would be very advantageous. Your financial management and planning skills will be excellent. Your attention to detail, self-control and drive will be of the highest levels. You will be comfortable persuading, influencing and presenting at both shop floor and director level internally and externally to the client.
Previous experience of working abroad or extended periods of travel or of living and working in South East Asia or other developing markets will be highly advantageous as you will need to be able to quickly adapt to a different cultural style and your personal people management and leadership approach will be one that respects loyalty and engenders trust whilst remaining highly results driven and focused on success. In return our client offers a competitive salary (low tax) and very low cost of living and benefits such as car, bonus, pension, healthcare and fantastic career development. These are permanent opportunities requiring relocation to Vietnam. Relocation assistance will be provided including initial short-term rental support.