- Asia & Pacific (1)
- Channel Islands (1)
- EUROPE (EU) (1)
- East Anglia (1)
- London (1)
- Midlands East (1)
- Midlands West (1)
- North East (1)
- North West (inc. Isle of Man) (1)
- Northern Ireland (1)
- Scotland (1)
- South (inc. Isle of Wight) (1)
- South East (inc Home Counties) (1)
- South West (1)
- Thailand (1)
- Thames Valley (M4 Corridor) (1)
- Wales (1)
- Yorkshire (inc Humberside) (1)
- Permanent (2)
2 Supply Chain & Logistics Jobs Found
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
SENIOR OPERATIONS DIRECTOR – RETAIL LOGISTICS OPERATIONS
“3PL Grocery Retail Logistics operations. A fantastic opportunity for experienced grocery logistics professional with excellent multi-site, grocery retail DC operations management expertise to take the lead on high profile retail account”
£Competitive + Car Allowance + Bonus + Benefits
Actual Job Location: Thailand
Our client is one of the world’s most successful third party logistics service providers with an impressive portfolio of blue chip multinational accounts across a range of industry sectors.
This role is a high profile one, taking the lead in the further development and optimisation of multi –site logistics operations for one of Thailand’s largest grocery retailers.
As an experienced Grocery Logistics Distribution Centre Operations/General Manager, ideally with both 3PL and in-house experience, you will work closely with the client and will take the strategic and operational lead for multiple, automated and semi-automated DC’s in the Bangkok area. You will be responsible for strategic growth, operational development and performance covering both warehousing and transport logistics operations. You will also to continue to engage and develop an excellent key account focused, client relationship at VP level. The focus will be on the further development and growth of the business, against a stringent SLA and challenging KPI’s. You will lead, coach and develop your team of DC General Managers to create a best in class and high performing country operation.
To succeed in this role, you will be university degree educated, and will perhaps have benefitted from an in-depth management development programme either with a large 3PL or a food/grocery retailer. This will have encompassed a series of operational leadership roles covering both warehousing and transport (including acquisition of a CPC) interspersed with project work culminating in your current or most recent senior operational role, running either one or several large scale multi temperature FMCG retail NDCs or RDCs employing at least 900-1000 + staff, as a DC GM/Regional Manager or Director.
Your 3PL experience will have included extensive contract account management and client stakeholder engagement. Either in house or within a 3PL you will have built upon your project management and continuous improvement skills to reduce costs and increase efficiencies. You may already have been involved in new site openings, through to large scale physical and systems redesigns. This will all have been achieved whilst ensuring that operations remain fully functional delivering high levels of accuracy and on time delivery within a retail DC.
You will be strategic and commercially minded, with experience of shaping strategic plans and implementing cost saving initiatives in complex, large retail FMCG operations. You will be experienced in coaching and leading teams through numerous periods of change and growth, producing high performing teams. You will be ambitious, with a track record of successful performance improvement and results delivery, as you build your expertise in this exciting role, to eventually take on a senior executive leadership role at VP level in a developing international market.
The ideal applicant will be university degree educated perhaps in logistics or business or engineering. You will be a high energy, resilient person, with a warm personality and a real passion for developing people and driving a logistics business to succeed. Your talent and development reviews to date will already have earmarked you as a high potential talent.
From an operational perspective you must be adept at running a retail warehousing pick pack and despatch operation as well as a multi drop primary and secondary transport function. In terms of budgetary responsibility my client’s business is big - in the range of £60 million plus revenue so your financial management and planning skills will be excellent. Your attention to detail, self-control and drive will be of the highest levels. You will be comfortable persuading, influencing and presenting at both shop floor and director level internally and externally to the client.
Previous experience of working abroad or extended periods of travel to the Far East or other developing markets will be highly advantageous, but not a prerequisite, however you will need to be able to quickly adapt to a different cultural style and your personal people management and leadership approach will be one that respects loyalty and engenders trust whilst remaining highly results driven and focused on success. In return our client offers a competitive salary (low tax) and benefits such as car, bonus, pension, healthcare and fantastic career development. Relocation assistance will be provided including short term rental support and school fees.
HEAD OF TRANSPORT PLANNING – PARAGON SPECIALIST
“Excellent opportunity for experienced and graduate calibre transport network planning & Paragon transport systems specialist to lead brand new transport management centre”
£Excellent + Blue Chip Benefits
South East Asia
Our client is global market leader. As part of an Asia Pac transformation programme to improve and drive transport network synergies, centralised planning, visibility and control, our client is seeking a Head of Transport Planning who is also a very experienced Paragon transport planning systems specialist.
As Head of Transport Planning you will lead and manage a new centralised Transport Planning Management Centre, planning our client’s very large-scale, 1500 vehicle + fleet. This will include planning inhouse full load networks, LCL networks and scheduling of a large pool of national sub-contractor transport partners. This is expected to grow further as part of an ambitious strategic plan. You and your team will support multiple sites and operations serving customers nationally. You will lead a team of Planning Managers and Planners.
The ideal applicant will be of graduate calibre, in logistics, engineering or business and a strategic thinker with excellent change programme management experience. Your career history will be characterised by fast track career progression and demonstrable achievements in transport planning excellence. Most importantly, you will possess in-depth and consistent experience of large-scale in house and sub contract fleet planning and management across multiple locations, gained within a multinational high velocity Retail or FMCG or third-party logistics environment.
This is high profile and senior customer facing role and you will play a key role in understanding and fulfilling customer transport network requirements. You will be diplomatic and confident with the experience and credibility to successfully question and extract information and constructively challenge your internal and external stakeholders and your operational colleagues.
You will be logical and data driven in understanding problems and developing practical solutions. This will include setting KPI’s, targets and goals for monitoring and evaluating operations and cost effectiveness. You will also drive and control the effective use of resources in order to stay within budget.
You will ensure statutory and legal compliance developing a culture focused on safety, quality, service excellence, integrity and cost consciousness.
- Leading the Planning Team at a new Transport Management Center.
- Using Paragon Software, you will plan and design optimised schedules creating the greatest value for our client and its customers.
- Interpret data, understand complex demand planning and create optimal transport solutions across multiple customers, business divisions and operational locations.
- Create meaningful business intelligence reports for Transport Directors and create continual improvement solutions.
- Developing strategies and use state of the art systems to optimize fleet and create innovative transport solutions for multiple business sector.
- Manage planning, solutions, costs and reporting. Create planning schedules that achieve contractual service and performance levels and continue to improve transport models to beat the budgets and develop innovation.
- Deliver operational strategies using Paragon transport planning software.
- Reviews and updates KPIs, targets, and goals within Paragon for monitoring and evaluating operations and cost effectiveness.
- Develop Paragon transport software Super Users and upskilling the planning team.
- Understand and drive optimal solutions within transport national planning execution.
- Deliver continuous and unrelenting drive for improvement within our client’s transport and distribution operations. Including logical roll out strategies to achieve ambitious targets.
- Communicate effectively and constructively and diplomatically challenges and addresses site operational issues or people orientated issues in an open and collaborative manner.
- Lead from the front with an open and approachable “hands on” coaching and mentoring management style, which encourages empowerment and accountability and engenders enthusiasm and respect.
- Accountable to Board level for the delivery of operational and financial results
The Ideal Candidate:
- University degree educated in logistics or business or engineering or science. A Master’s Degree in logistics and supply chain or transport planning would be highly advantageous.
- An experienced transport management professional experienced in running large primary and secondary road transport fleets both in house and via third party 3PL and 4PL partnerships.
- A Paragon transport software specialist. This is a prerequisite.
- At least 7-10 years transport operations management and transport network planning experience.
- Experience of transport network planning, transport control tower concepts, transport operations management and project management.
- A track record of network development including implementation of centralised planning, transport management systems, network consolidation and integration.
- Transport operations leadership, customer relationship management, and project management expertise.
- This experience may predominantly have been gained within 3PL contract logistics focused on both primary and secondary road transport or large retail or other large FMCG or Industrial multinational, multi-site, complex and high velocity transport operations.
- Highly analytical and data driven with experience of transport management, routing and planning software packages. An advanced user of Excel. A project management qualification would be highly advantageous.
- Fast track career progression to date with the ambitious and desire to progress to Director level within this dynamic growth environment.