- Permanent (3)
3 Asia & Pacific Jobs Found
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
HEAD OF TRANSPORT PLANNING – PARAGON SPECIALIST
“Excellent opportunity for experienced and graduate calibre transport network planning & Paragon transport systems specialist to lead brand new transport management centre”
£Excellent + Blue Chip Benefits
South East Asia
Our client is global market leader. As part of an Asia Pac transformation programme to improve and drive transport network synergies, centralised planning, visibility and control, our client is seeking a Head of Transport Planning who is also a very experienced Paragon transport planning systems specialist.
As Head of Transport Planning you will lead and manage a new centralised Transport Planning Management Centre, planning our client’s very large-scale, 1500 vehicle + fleet. This will include planning inhouse full load networks, LCL networks and scheduling of a large pool of national sub-contractor transport partners. This is expected to grow further as part of an ambitious strategic plan. You and your team will support multiple sites and operations serving customers nationally. You will lead a team of Planning Managers and Planners.
The ideal applicant will be of graduate calibre, in logistics, engineering or business and a strategic thinker with excellent change programme management experience. Your career history will be characterised by fast track career progression and demonstrable achievements in transport planning excellence. Most importantly, you will possess in-depth and consistent experience of large-scale in house and sub contract fleet planning and management across multiple locations, gained within a multinational high velocity Retail or FMCG or third-party logistics environment.
This is high profile and senior customer facing role and you will play a key role in understanding and fulfilling customer transport network requirements. You will be diplomatic and confident with the experience and credibility to successfully question and extract information and constructively challenge your internal and external stakeholders and your operational colleagues.
You will be logical and data driven in understanding problems and developing practical solutions. This will include setting KPI’s, targets and goals for monitoring and evaluating operations and cost effectiveness. You will also drive and control the effective use of resources in order to stay within budget.
You will ensure statutory and legal compliance developing a culture focused on safety, quality, service excellence, integrity and cost consciousness.
- Leading the Planning Team at a new Transport Management Center.
- Using Paragon Software, you will plan and design optimised schedules creating the greatest value for our client and its customers.
- Interpret data, understand complex demand planning and create optimal transport solutions across multiple customers, business divisions and operational locations.
- Create meaningful business intelligence reports for Transport Directors and create continual improvement solutions.
- Developing strategies and use state of the art systems to optimize fleet and create innovative transport solutions for multiple business sector.
- Manage planning, solutions, costs and reporting. Create planning schedules that achieve contractual service and performance levels and continue to improve transport models to beat the budgets and develop innovation.
- Deliver operational strategies using Paragon transport planning software.
- Reviews and updates KPIs, targets, and goals within Paragon for monitoring and evaluating operations and cost effectiveness.
- Develop Paragon transport software Super Users and upskilling the planning team.
- Understand and drive optimal solutions within transport national planning execution.
- Deliver continuous and unrelenting drive for improvement within our client’s transport and distribution operations. Including logical roll out strategies to achieve ambitious targets.
- Communicate effectively and constructively and diplomatically challenges and addresses site operational issues or people orientated issues in an open and collaborative manner.
- Lead from the front with an open and approachable “hands on” coaching and mentoring management style, which encourages empowerment and accountability and engenders enthusiasm and respect.
- Accountable to Board level for the delivery of operational and financial results
The Ideal Candidate:
- University degree educated in logistics or business or engineering or science. A Master’s Degree in logistics and supply chain or transport planning would be highly advantageous.
- An experienced transport management professional experienced in running large primary and secondary road transport fleets both in house and via third party 3PL and 4PL partnerships.
- A Paragon transport software specialist. This is a prerequisite.
- At least 7-10 years transport operations management and transport network planning experience.
- Experience of transport network planning, transport control tower concepts, transport operations management and project management.
- A track record of network development including implementation of centralised planning, transport management systems, network consolidation and integration.
- Transport operations leadership, customer relationship management, and project management expertise.
- This experience may predominantly have been gained within 3PL contract logistics focused on both primary and secondary road transport or large retail or other large FMCG or Industrial multinational, multi-site, complex and high velocity transport operations.
- Highly analytical and data driven with experience of transport management, routing and planning software packages. An advanced user of Excel. A project management qualification would be highly advantageous.
- Fast track career progression to date with the ambitious and desire to progress to Director level within this dynamic growth environment.
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE – WAREHOUSING & LOGISTICS
“Career development opportunity for Degree/Masters educated Operational Excellence specialist with a track record of lean CI and programme management within multinational warehousing and supply chain operations.”
£Excellent + Blue Chip Benefits
South East Asia
Our client is a global multinational. A true market leader, they have a strong culture of safety, customer focus, quality and reliability.
Highly successful and long-established with industrial expertise across a number of verticals, our client has a global network of operations and integrated state-of-the-art information technology across warehousing and transport.
As a result of internal promotion, they are seeking a Director of Operational Excellence. As the Director of Operational Excellence, you will combine strategic insight and execution excellence. You will be responsible for the overall delivery, implementation and maintenance of the operational excellence programme across multiple countries and supply chain (predominantly warehousing) operations. This will include facilitating the lean, continuous improvement process, training local teams, ensuring the sustainability of local compliance, coaching local Operational Excellence Programme Managers in managing improvement projects and training the local operations and management teams, continuous identification and development of best practice.
Specifically, this will include strategies for lead time reduction, faster time to market, process excellence and product lifecycle management. Our client’s objective is enhanced service levels and efficiency throughout its supply chains, through best practice sharing and a culture of continuous improvement. This includes increased transport, warehousing, management and supplier-related efficiency via enhanced traceability systems, optimised costs and inventory levels. Our client’s aim is to mitigate supply chain risks through high flexibility and adaptability to change and a reduced negative impact on the environment via its sustainability initiatives.
Our client is seeking a university degree/Master’s degree educated Engineering or Logistics professional with a track record of Operational Excellence focused on large, multi-site manual, automated and semi-automated warehousing and logistics operations. This may include end-to-end fulfilment solutions, including order management, inventory planning, order picking and packaging, value-added logistics services such as repair services and spare parts or production or retail or ecommerce logistics. This experience may have been gained either inhouse within a multinational retailer, manufacturer or third-party contract logistics environment. Candidates must have specifically worked within a lean, continuous improvement and operational excellence function. Earlier operational leadership and change programme management experience must also be highly evident in your experience. Multi country, multi-site and multinational experience are prerequisites.
You will work in partnership with highly experienced and skilled warehousing and logistics leadership colleagues to develop just-in-time and scalable solutions that optimise operations and boost productivity. You will apply best practices and management skills to improve business processes – enabling our client’s supply chains to gain a genuine competitive edge in the marketplace. Through optimising organisational structures, improving critical material and information flows you and your Operational Excellence team will create sustainable value for the future, keeping business processes agile, smart and able to respond quickly to the pace of change. Accordingly, your track record will include experience of end-to-end supply chain management and lean operational excellence which have driven efficiency and achieved optimum performance.
- Lead the Operations Excellence function across a cluster of countries.
- Responsible and accountable for delivery of the agreed global agenda and value of Operational Excellence initiatives within the cluster.
- Ensure that the Operational Excellence agenda is aligned to support the business needs in each country within the cluster.
- Responsible for the Operational Excellence input to new business tenders and proposals
- Supports effective start-ups and implementations by providing resources, advice and guidance.
- Seeks commercial opportunities from promoting Operational Excellence initiatives with customers.
- Communication responsibility - to business, to customers, to employees.
- Represent the Operational Excellence agenda as a key member of the cluster senior leadership team.
- Working closely with senior colleagues in Safety, Quality, Compliance, Sustainability and HR you will be responsible for Operational Excellence across all elements of our client’s operations.
- Lead the Operational Excellence function by example, supporting the cluster senior leadership and management teams on their journey towards Lean thinking
- Fosters a lean thinking, continuous improvement culture and relentlessly seeks opportunities for improvements on all levels within the organisation.
- Maintains close relationship with customers from the business development phase through the customer life cycle.
- Ensures accurate management reporting from operational sites, utilising this management information to make recommendations for continuous improvement and take mitigating action.
The Ideal Candidate:
- University degree/Master’s degree educated in Engineering, Logistics, Business or similar
- Track record gained within a global multinational, best in class, matrix corporate environment.
- Current or very recent experience within an Operational Excellence role in APAC or Europe would be particularly advantageous.
- Previous experience of operational line management in a supply chain and logistics environment, with a strong emphasis on warehousing, will be essential to success.
- Industry sector experience could be industrial, automotive, retail, FMCG manufacturing or third-party contract logistics.
- Must demonstrate excellent and successful change and programme management experience in a culturally diverse and dynamic growth/transformational corporate environment.
- Solid understanding of the operational excellence function
- Excellent project and programme management skills ideally with a project management qualification.
- Strong leadership capability with gravitas. Capability to deliver a compelling vision and to inspire, motivate, empower and facilitate change through direct and indirect teams.
- Strong commercial acumen and financial capability familiar with partnering with commercial/sales teams and working closely with clients from tender to implementation and beyond.
- Excellent experience and track record of implementing Lean methodologies and a continuous improvement.
- Strong influencing skills and credibility with senior stakeholders, confident strategists, highly adept at presenting compelling business cases for change and improvement to board level.
- Diplomatic and mature with excellent listening skills, able to quickly assimilate a situation, analyse the data and facts and prepare a compelling plan of action taking account of all opportunities and risks.
- A fantastic team leader with the ability to work effectively and deliver successfully via direct and indirect teams within the Operational Excellence network within the organisation.
CONTRACT MANAGERS – THIRD PARTY LOGISTICS RETAIL/FMCG OPERATIONS
“Accelerated career development opportunities for degree educated warehousing professionals to drive operational growth on existing FMCG retail and grocery retail logistics accounts.”
£Competitive + Car/Car Allowance + Bonus + Benefits
Actual Job Location: Vietnam
Our client is one the world’s most successful third party logistics service providers with an impressive portfolio of blue chip multinational accounts across a range of industries. In order to bolster growth on existing FMCG retail consumer goods, fashion and grocery accounts they are now seeking two university degree educated warehousing/distribution centre management professionals as Contract Managers for a variety of dedicated and shared user third party logistics and warehousing contracts. Experience of transport operations would be advantageous but the key focus will be on warehousing, case and pick and pack operations. Experience of retail logistics operations is a pre-requisite for these roles.
As an experienced grocery/retail/FMCG distribution centre operations manager, either from a third party/contract logistics service provider or from inhouse retail logistics, you will work closely with clients and will take the operational lead for automated and semi-automated DC’s. You will be responsible for operational development and performance optimisation against stringent service level agreements and challenging KPI’s covering both warehousing and transport logistics operations. You will engage and develop key account focused, client relationships. You will already be adept at leading, coaching and developing your DC leadership teams to create a best in class and high performing operation. Therefore, to date you will already have recent/current experience of leading a at least 100 operational colleagues through a first line management team.
Skills, Experience, Qualifications:
As these roles are part of our client’s talent and succession plan for the region, they are specifically seeking university degree educated candidates. Candidates who have benefitted from an in-depth management development programme with extensive operational management exposure, either within a 3PL or a large food/non-food retailer would be of particular interest.
Your experience to date, minimum 4-8 years post-graduation, will have included either extensive 3PL contract account management directly interfacing with clients or in house cross functional stakeholder engagement across corporate and store operations. Also, either in house or within a 3PL you have built upon your operational project management and continuous improvement skills to reduce cost and increase efficiencies. This could include operational turnaround, employee engagement and development, new site openings, through to large scale physical and systems redesigns. However, the bulk of your experience must be operations management and leadership of a DC as opposed to pure projects and planning.
You will highly numerate and analytical with a strong commercial acumen, already used to budgetary management responsibility or even full P & L. Exposure to implementing cost saving initiatives and leading teams through numerous periods of change and growth, to become high performing will be essential to success in this role. You will be developing a reputation for your highly visible “walk the floor” leadership style.
You will be very ambitious, with a track record of successful performance improvement and results delivery, as you will further build your expertise in these exciting Contract General Management roles, to eventually take on senior executive roles in a rapidly developing international market.
The ideal applicants will be university degree educated perhaps in logistics or business or engineering, sciences. You will be a high energy, resilient person, with a warm personality and a real passion for developing people and driving a logistics business to succeed. Your talent and development reviews to date will already have earmarked you as a high potential talent.
From an operational perspective, you must be adept at running a retail warehousing case and pick pack and despatch operations. Experience of a multi drop primary and secondary transport function would be very advantageous. Your financial management and planning skills will be excellent. Your attention to detail, self-control and drive will be of the highest levels. You will be comfortable persuading, influencing and presenting at both shop floor and director level internally and externally to the client.
Previous experience of working abroad or extended periods of travel or of living and working in South East Asia or other developing markets will be highly advantageous as you will need to be able to quickly adapt to a different cultural style and your personal people management and leadership approach will be one that respects loyalty and engenders trust whilst remaining highly results driven and focused on success. In return our client offers a competitive salary (low tax) and very low cost of living and benefits such as car, bonus, pension, healthcare and fantastic career development. These are permanent opportunities requiring relocation to Vietnam. Relocation assistance will be provided including initial short-term rental support.