- Permanent (3)
3 Jobs Found
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
ASPHALT TECHNICAL PRODUCT SUPPORT MANAGER
“Experienced Asphalt technical or Asphalt operations professional to identify and drive key account specification sales led business opportunities within value added and specialist asphalt technical product sales. Must have experience of delivering CPD presentations to Architects, Main Contractors and Specifiers”
C£40-45000 + Car/Allowance, Bonus & Benefits
Newcastle Upon Tyne (Northern Field Based Remit)
Commutable Locations: Tyne & Wear, Durham, North Yorkshire, Stockton on Tees, Northumberland
Our client is a multisite division of a large and well-respected FTSE 100 international group specialising in construction materials. Due to impending retirement our client is now seeking an Asphalt Technical Product Support Manager. This is an interesting and varied role covering the Northern/North East region of the UK.
As Asphalt Technical Product Support Manager, you will work closely with commercial teams to identify opportunities for business growth and upselling of non-standard valued added and special asphalt products. Therefore, you must have at least 3-4 years asphalt technical experience gained in a design, operations or technical role. This will be very important as you will be communicating and building relationships with asphalt technical personnel both internally and externally about specifications, additives, planning, production and asphalt technicians on site.
You will also possess the confident personality and drive to build relationships and undertake CPD presentations to architects, local authorities, specifiers, main contractors. Internally you will be responsible for training commercial colleagues both within internal and external sales whilst also being responsible for coordinating production including asphalt plant capability, commercial and logistics. You will also be involved in new production innovation to meet customer requirements. So effectively you will operate as a key account manager and a technical product specialist. Experience of different types of bitumen, additives and polymers would be advantageous but training will be provided however core asphalt technical knowledge as a foundation skill set, as outlined above, will be a prerequisite.
- To maximise Asphalt Value Added Product sales through identification of opportunities and technical upselling of the key benefits which asphalt value added products can deliver.
- A key customer support role within the Northern/North East Region, focussing on developing Local Authority and Main/Key Contractor relationships leading to promotion of primarily Asphalt Solutions/Value Added Products via CPD presentations, regular meetings, contract reviews, site assessments, material selection, specification and pavement design input.
- To participate in the national technical approach / ‘technical sell’ to external specifiers, architects, contractors and local authorities to ensure Asphalt Value Added Products/Innovation become accepted for use and are ideally specified.
- To differentiate our client from its competition by providing a unique level of service/support in terms of specification writing, product selection and sustainability advice.
- Intelligent focussed Asphalt Value Added Product promotion based on national and local targets with based on projected profit / return at specific supply units.
- Increased volumes / wallet share from Local Authorities by becoming a supplier of choice.
- Attending Commercial meetings and identifying and supporting associated opportunities. Identifying slow moving Asphalt Value Added Products and contributing to creating action plans to improve sales.
- To participate in the practical development of new products and facilitation of any related trials
- To ensure successful launch of new products within the Region and thereafter support and monitor longer term sales progress.
- To support commercial in the review, support and assessment of Accredited Contractors, including advice and control of the use of our client’s Value-Added Products.
- Contribute to Marketing and Client Communication newsletters
- Promote our client’s Asphalt Value Added Products at industry conferences and events
- Leading key commercial training requirements i.e. Role to selected product range.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Currently working within construction materials sector and specifically with Asphalt/Bitumen products.
- Asphalt technical knowledge including asphalt technical operations will be a prerequisite for this role.
- Must have at least 3-4 years Asphalt technical experience gained in a design, operations or technical role.
- Examples of qualified experience may include asphalt plant management, asphalt quality control, asphalt quality approval and inspection, paving and construction operations, asphalt technical services and field support or other relevant asphalt paving design experience.
- Experience as an asphalt additive or asphalt speciality product field support or technical sales role would also be very relevant.
- Ability to perform and understand asphalt volumetric mix design and quality control processes, specifications ideal.
- Working familiarity with asphalt plant operation, controls, automation and mechanisms.
- Able to communicate effectively with asphalt production, operation and construction crews and colleagues.
- Ability to perform under pressure to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Confident personality and drive to build long term sustainable B2B relationships and undertake CPD presentations to architects, local authorities, specifiers, main contractors.
- Experience of different types of bitumen and additives and polymers would be advantageous.
- First-hand experience of operational technical duties, preferably including site operations.
- Previous experience of dealing with customer issues and preferably with existing established Local Authority contacts / relationships.
- Demonstrate strong commercial acumen and a personal hunger and drive to succeed.
- Working knowledge of Quality Assurance systems and procedures.
- Knowledge of pavement design concepts and issues.
- Planning, organising and time management skills.
- Good ability to communicate with customers and colleagues. Collaborative and consultative style.
- Computer literate especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent longer-term career development opportunities with our multinational client into broader sales roles or into research and development, pavement design or QC.
To apply without delay, please email your CV quoting reference J13627.
HEAD OF CLIENT SERVICES & PROJECT MANAGEMENT– CLINICAL TRIALS
"Experienced Clinical Trials Project Manager/Client Services Manager required to lead both clinical trials project teams and key account growth through excellent relationship management"
Salary: Very Competitive + Blue Chip Benefits
Suzhou, Jiangsu China
Our client is a global leader in outsourced pharmaceutical clinical trials project management working with major international drug manufacturers to provide exceptionally high on-time service levels to stringent regulatory and QA standards.
As Head of Client Services & Project Management you will manage the clinical trials logistics operations and clinical trials project management team. You will also play a critical role in assisting our client’s Chinese operation to achieve customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives. Specifically, you will work closely with Business Development colleagues to generate additional growth and interest by leveraging opportunities from existing pharmaceutical clinical trials clients, generating local opportunities in China, qualifying prospects and opportunities.
As Head of Client Services & Project Management you will supervise and coordinate the Chinese facility’s clinical trails logistics operations and clinical trials project management ensuring the timely delivery of client clinical trials projects; control of all processes related to logistics operations in line with Good Manufacturing, Storage and Distribution Practices at internal and external level as well as implementation of processes to support productivity enhancements. You will also generate metrics, control and optimization of processes, evaluation of service capacities and response time to reduce operating process deviations. You will lead a team of clinical trials project managers. Therefore, you will be a strong leader of people familiar with managing change in a dynamic environment. A key part of the role will be to instill a proactive rather than reactive approach to clinical trials project management. You will be highly engaging, motivational, visionary and supportive as the team and the Chinese operation goes through a major change in approach.
You will also proactively manage client relationships ensuring appropriate communication, business engagement, implementation and service delivery to enable retention, growth and long term mutual business partnerships. To succeed in this role, you must have a clinical trials project, process and quality management background combined with a strong network of contacts and clients within the pharmaceutical clinical trials sector in China/Latin America.
You will be highly consultative, with excellent listening and client services/key account management experience within the clinical trials project management arena. You will have a track record of nurturing clients and a high focus on face to face relationship management. The focus will be on an excellent customer experience. You will work closely with local and global colleagues in client services, business development and logistics/supply chain operations to optimize and synergise opportunities emanating from the Chinese marketplace.
The Ideal Person
- You must currently reside in China. However, you must be fluent in both English and Chinese.
- You must be educated to degree level in a science, biomedical, pharmaceutical, medical, health related or similar subject.
- You will have an in depth understanding of the pharmaceutical clinical trials market sector. We are not seeking candidates from any other sectors as you will need to present evidence of your clinical trials network of client contacts.
- Experience in clinical trials project and client services delivery management. A formal qualification or certification in Project Management, combined with clinical trials sector experience would be highly desirable.
- Strong people management and leadership experience. Ideally at least 5-7 years of supporting and then at least 2 years leading a clinical trials project management team. Proven experience working with direct management of teams.
- A change manager familiar with developing a highly responsive and proactive rather than reactive clinical trials project management team focused on excellent customer service and customer experience.
- Knowledge of rules related to pharmaceutical GMP, GDP, biosafety, local regulation and SOP.
- A confident personality, familiar and very comfortable working face to face with large pharmaceutical clients in relation to clinical trials projects.
- A significant network of pharmaceutical clients within the clinical trials project management arena.
- Highly motivated to achieve key account growth through leveraging existing relationships, identifying and qualifying opportunities, working closely with business development and marketing colleagues to achieve country revenue and growth targets.
- Requires demonstration of good professional judgment when working with clients, excellent organizational, planning, verbal, written and numerical skills with the ability to analyze and define solutions and manage multiple tasks to meet strict deadlines.
- Requires strong and effective communication with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of pharmaceutical client managers and directors in relation to clinical trials projects.
- Requires strong customer management skills; proactively anticipates, understands, and responds to the needs of clients to meet or exceed their expectations.
- Requires experience with detail execution, managing multiple tasks and meeting strict deadlines.
- Experience in pharmaceutical clinical trials quality, logistic and storage activities.
- Strong capability in preparing reports using Excel; knowledge of Windows, and Microsoft Word as well as the understanding and competent use of SOPs required by pharmaceutical clinical trials quality standards.
- Requires strong interpersonal and communication skills to include excellent relationship building.
CONTRACT MANAGERS – THIRD PARTY LOGISTICS RETAIL/FMCG OPERATIONS
“Accelerated career development opportunities for degree educated warehousing professionals to drive operational growth on existing FMCG retail and grocery retail logistics accounts.”
£Competitive + Car/Car Allowance + Bonus + Benefits
Actual Job Location: Vietnam
Our client is one the world’s most successful third party logistics service providers with an impressive portfolio of blue chip multinational accounts across a range of industries. In order to bolster growth on existing FMCG retail consumer goods, fashion and grocery accounts they are now seeking two university degree educated warehousing/distribution centre management professionals as Contract Managers for a variety of dedicated and shared user third party logistics and warehousing contracts. Experience of transport operations would be advantageous but the key focus will be on warehousing, case and pick and pack operations. Experience of retail logistics operations is a pre-requisite for these roles.
As an experienced grocery/retail/FMCG distribution centre operations manager, either from a third party/contract logistics service provider or from inhouse retail logistics, you will work closely with clients and will take the operational lead for automated and semi-automated DC’s. You will be responsible for operational development and performance optimisation against stringent service level agreements and challenging KPI’s covering both warehousing and transport logistics operations. You will engage and develop key account focused, client relationships. You will already be adept at leading, coaching and developing your DC leadership teams to create a best in class and high performing operation. Therefore, to date you will already have recent/current experience of leading a at least 100 operational colleagues through a first line management team.
Skills, Experience, Qualifications:
As these roles are part of our client’s talent and succession plan for the region, they are specifically seeking university degree educated candidates. Candidates who have benefitted from an in-depth management development programme with extensive operational management exposure, either within a 3PL or a large food/non-food retailer would be of particular interest.
Your experience to date, minimum 4-8 years post-graduation, will have included either extensive 3PL contract account management directly interfacing with clients or in house cross functional stakeholder engagement across corporate and store operations. Also, either in house or within a 3PL you have built upon your operational project management and continuous improvement skills to reduce cost and increase efficiencies. This could include operational turnaround, employee engagement and development, new site openings, through to large scale physical and systems redesigns. However, the bulk of your experience must be operations management and leadership of a DC as opposed to pure projects and planning.
You will highly numerate and analytical with a strong commercial acumen, already used to budgetary management responsibility or even full P & L. Exposure to implementing cost saving initiatives and leading teams through numerous periods of change and growth, to become high performing will be essential to success in this role. You will be developing a reputation for your highly visible “walk the floor” leadership style.
You will be very ambitious, with a track record of successful performance improvement and results delivery, as you will further build your expertise in these exciting Contract General Management roles, to eventually take on senior executive roles in a rapidly developing international market.
The ideal applicants will be university degree educated perhaps in logistics or business or engineering, sciences. You will be a high energy, resilient person, with a warm personality and a real passion for developing people and driving a logistics business to succeed. Your talent and development reviews to date will already have earmarked you as a high potential talent.
From an operational perspective, you must be adept at running a retail warehousing case and pick pack and despatch operations. Experience of a multi drop primary and secondary transport function would be very advantageous. Your financial management and planning skills will be excellent. Your attention to detail, self-control and drive will be of the highest levels. You will be comfortable persuading, influencing and presenting at both shop floor and director level internally and externally to the client.
Previous experience of working abroad or extended periods of travel or of living and working in South East Asia or other developing markets will be highly advantageous as you will need to be able to quickly adapt to a different cultural style and your personal people management and leadership approach will be one that respects loyalty and engenders trust whilst remaining highly results driven and focused on success. In return our client offers a competitive salary (low tax) and very low cost of living and benefits such as car, bonus, pension, healthcare and fantastic career development. These are permanent opportunities requiring relocation to Vietnam. Relocation assistance will be provided including initial short-term rental support.