TECHNICAL PRODUCT SUPPORT MANAGER – Asphalt and Pavement Design Technology
“Support Commercial, Bid and Operational Teams by promoting pavement assessment, design, rehabilitation services and materials to Local Authorities, Highways England, Contractors and major Civil Engineering Consultancies.”
North England and Scotland
c£40000/45000+Car+Bonus+blue chip company benefits
Our client is a market leader in highways contracting solutions and supply of materials for pavement construction. They work with Local Authorities, Highways England, civil engineering consultancies and main contractors.
You will work within the Technical Directors team working closely with Commercial & Bid teams and will promote both contracting services and materials including asphalt and value-added materials.
This is a fantastic role for a qualified and experienced business development person to promote asphalt and value-added products in the region. You will be experienced in presentations and support to customers. Most importantly you will be highly technical adept in relation to asphalt materials, technology and contracting operations.
- Maximise Value Added product sales through identification of opportunities and technical upselling of the key benefits they can deliver
- Key customer support within the Region, focussing on developing Local Authority and Key Contractor relationships leading to promotion of primarily Asphalt Solutions and Added Value products via presentations, regular meetings, contract review, site assessments, material selection, specification and pavement design input.
- Participate in the national technical approach and technical sell to external specifiers and local authorities to ensure Value-Added Products and Innovation become accepted for use and are ideally specified.
- Differentiate from the competition by providing a unique level of service and support in terms of specification writing, product selection and sustainability advice.
- Increased volumes and share from Local Authorities by becoming supplier of choice.
- Regular liaison and support to selected Local Authorities, targeted Key Contractors and National Contracting division within sector and geographical locations to increase Value Added Product sales.
- Intelligent focussed Value-Added Product promotion based on national and local targets based on projected profit and return at specific supply units.
- Ensuring Region and Area focus on National Value-Added Product related initiatives and establish a faster route to market for new products where possible.
- Attending Commercial meetings and identifying and supporting associated opportunities. Identifying slow moving Value-Added Products and contributing to creating action plans to improve sales.
- Identify future R&D opportunities and participate in the development and launch of new products within the Region, support and monitor longer term sales progress.
- Support commercial team in the review, support and assessment of accredited contractors, including advice and control of the use of Value-Added Products.
- Assist with securing supplies to longer term Local Authority Framework Contracts via National Contracting or material supply deals with incumbent or newly contractors.
- Contribute to Marketing and Client Communication newsletters and promote Value-Added Products at industry conferences and events. Leading key commercial training requirements in selected product ranges.
- Develop excellent relationships with Local Authorities, key customers, Technical Teams, Systems Manager, Technical Centre, Site Technicians, Regional and Concrete Value-Added Product peers, National BDM’s and Area Sales Managers, External and Internal Sales, National Contracting, Production, Logistics, External Consultants etc.
- First-hand experience of operational technical duties, including site contracting operations.
- Previous experience of dealing with customer issues and preferably with existing established Local Authority contacts and relationships.
- Good understanding of both industry and current asphalt and other product availability and keen to focus on future needs and opportunities.
- Good knowledge of local issues in the Northern England and Scotland region and ability to identify opportunities.
- Working knowledge of Quality Assurance systems and procedures would be useful.
- Knowledge of pavement design concepts and issues.
- Planning, organising and time management skills.
- Good ability to communicate effectively with customers and colleagues. Strong presentation skills.
- Computer literate.
- Full driving license as there will be extensive travel throughout the region.