2 Interim Jobs Found
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
INTERIM QUALITY MANAGER – MECHANICAL, METAL AND ELECTRONIC PRODUCTS
“Career development opportunity for ambitious customer focused quality manager to drive operational quality for a diverse range of in house manufactured and third party sourced products.”
Salary: c£45000 (Pro Rata) + Excellent Benefits
Location: Wolverhampton, West Midlands
Commutable from Birmingham, Kidderminster, Stafford, Stone, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Wednesbury, West Bromwich, Edgbaston. Harborne, Stourbridge, Halesowen, Bromsgrove, Lichfield, Tamworth, Stoke on Trent, Telford, Shrewsbury, Droitwich, Redditch, Worcester, Coventry, Warwick, Sutton Coldfield, Coleshill, Stockport, Crewe
Our client is a well-established and respected manufacturer of fixtures, fittings and components both mechanical and electronic in the home and building infrastructure products sector. Customers include national, regional and local DIY chains, trade counters, hardware stores, other manufacturers etc as well as B2C internet sales. Highly acquisitive and experiencing excellent growth, the company is based in brand-new offices, distribution centre and test centre complex in the West Midlands but has operational facilities and subsidiaries nationally and globally.
This is an interesting Interim (to Permanent) opportunity for a Quality Manager. Reporting to the Manufacturing and Technical Director. You will drive and develop quality management capability, cultural quality behaviour and operational quality effectiveness. You will manage day to day operational quality activities focused on delivering effective resolution, preventative measures, and the exploitation of continuous improvement opportunities throughout our client’s head office, sales, manufacturing, next day logistics operations and all sourced product groups. The focus will be on resolving issues involving both products and service. You will drive and develop operational quality activities, ensuring the effective management of customer complaint investigation, preventative action implementation, effective handling of incoming and returned product inspection and quality management support to manufacturing operations.
- Promote and maintain best practice for safety, health and environmental factors throughout all Quality operations, and facilitate the development of the safety culture within the quality management team.
- Establish, maintain and develop appropriate quality management systems and procedures, commensurate with the company’s objectives, ensuring continued accreditation to BS EN ISO 9001
- Provision of management system expertise and support for safety, environmental and resilience management systems.
- Implement appropriate analytical measures for the prevention of defects, process improvement and business quality performance.
- Lead the management of product and operational performance related customer complaints, from initial receipt acknowledgement, through containment and corrective action, to resolution, including on-site support, where appropriate, using 8D methodology.
- Remotely facilitating and coordinating 8D activities with overseas sourcing operations and supply chain.
- Effective management of operational quality activities, including appropriate AQL inspection of incoming products & materials, product returns handling, including investigation, trend analysis and appropriate final resolution with relevant external parties.
- Drive the quality management of manufacturing activities, embedding quality assured processes and the provision of appropriate quality surveillance within production operations.
- Provision of support to the sourcing team for evaluation and qualification of new suppliers, and continuous improvement activities with existing suppliers.
- Support Production Engineering in process development, equipment selection, and process flow activities within manufacturing operations.
- Coordinate quality management planning for new product introductions and product modifications.
- Provide coaching to develop quality awareness and cultural improvement
- Management of a small team of Quality Engineers.
- Effective management QMS auditing.
- Producing monthly reports, including KPI’s & Trend Analysis.
- Creating Standard Operating Procedures for relevant activities.
- Producing Product Quality Plans & associated documentation and corrective and preventative action reports.
The Ideal Applicant:
- Prefer trained QMS auditor with six sigma qualifications
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a customer focused quality role, ideally within a manufacturing environment, serving retail, wholesale, trade or consumers.
- Highly customer focused with excellent customer relations skills and ability to bring issues to a satisfactory conclusion.
- High level of proficiency with MSOffice applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Proficient with FMEA process
- Familiar with a design culture and able to read CAD / technical drawings
- Experience leading problem-solving processes and use of quality tools
- Excellent team working & verbal and written communication skills
INTERIM SITE MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT – MATERNITY COVER
“Interesting Interim Maternity Cover opportunity for a part or recently qualified CIMA/ACCA Management Accountant to join a large industrial manufacturing site within a UK market leader, part of a global plc.”
C£28-32000 (Pro Rata) + Excellent Benefits
Location: Cardiff, South Wales
Commutable from Cardiff, Aberthaw, Barry, Newport, Caerphilly, Penarth, Bridgend, Chepstow, Swansea, Monmouth, Bristol, Ross on Wye.
This is an interesting interim maternity cover opportunity for a part or recently qualified CIMA/ACCA Management Accountant to undertake a minimum six months maternity cover. Our client is a UK market leader, part of a global plc and this role as Site Management Accountant is located at one of its most important manufacturing plants in South Wales.
The Interim Site Management Account role is a key role working closely with the Plant Manager and the senior management team, providing financial advice, support and challenge as part of the decision-making processes including tactical planning and decisions.
The Interim Site Management Accountant will also work closely with a Head Office based Finance Business Partner, National Finance Manager for the Division and a Shared Service Finance team
You will take full responsibility with the Plant Manager and senior team to ensure continuous improvements in Variable and Fixed Costs and production and technical KPIs. You will own the plant production book including raw materials and finished stock receipting and you will update records and challenge the numbers where required. You will produce daily, weekly and monthly production statistics, with true ownership and understanding of the numbers.
Specifically, you ensure clarification and understanding of the plant’s operational and business performance, helping to drive the consistent application of accounting policies & procedures and budget control/ accountability with individual functional and departmental teams on site.
Importantly you will also provide support to the central finance team in relation to financial reporting and analysis in accordance with Sarbanes Oxley compliance.
- Cover purchase requests, goods receipting, accounts payable queries as well as other additional duties to ensure timely and accurate reports can be run for the plant.
- Ensure the period Close timetable is adhered to.
- Provide relevant and accurate management information to the Works Managers and their teams.
- Assist FBP with the production of timely and accurate financial information meets specified deadlines and formats.
- Assist FBP in ensuring integrity of the plant accounting records and assets and liabilities.
- Assist FBP to compile robust and accurate forecasts and budgets.
- Compliance with statutory and company requirements in respect of the reporting of results, assets and liabilities.
- Develop partnership with Plant Manager to enable the delivery of works operational and financial objectives.
- Assist plant management team in delivery of all Plant Excellence initiative.
- Active involvement and contribution to the continuous improvement process within the works including the financial evaluation of forecasts and the decision-making processes and the monitoring of progress.
- Support Plant with SOX compliance for auditing and day to day activities.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Available to commence a new role within 1-4 weeks maximum.
- Educated to minimum A level or University Degree.
- Part or recently qualified CIMA or ACCA.
- Experience of SAP/BW.
- Experience as a Management Accountant at Manufacturing, large Operational or Logistics/Distribution Site.
- Previous manufacturing/process accounting experience, including detailed inventory accounting.
- Experience ideally gained within a large national or multinational environment
- Strong business acumen and track record within a private sector commercial environment.
- Confident, highly visible communication and relationship building style.
- Be a pro-active member of the plant management team, providing expert support and ad-hoc business and operational analysis.
- This role would not suit someone who wishes to be desk bound, rather it would suit someone who wishes to be an active member of the site management team, out and about on the plant working with the team
- Able to demonstrate high level of written and numerical literacy, with strong Excel skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good management, organisational and communication skills
- Ability to identify and drive process change and improvement