Senior Human Resources Assistant
"CIPD level 5 Senior HR Assistant sought by innovative manufacturer to join its growing HR team at its state-of-the-art factories in Yorkshire."
£30-35,000 (Dependent on Experience) Benefits
Location: Sheffield, Yorkshire
Our client is an innovative market leader. Thye operate one of the UK's most state-of-the-art factories within its specialist dynamic growth sector. They are building a reputation for imaginative design and build quality, with a growing portfolio of prestigious clients. Their main goal is to deliver sustainable, high-quality, products in a cost-efficient way. It has ambitious plans and is set to double in size in the next 12-18 months.
This is a fantastic career development opportunity for a confident, self-motivated and ambitious HR generalist within a growing business. The role of Senior Human Resources Assistant has been newly created to provide HR support to the growing Sheffield site. This is a standalone role, reporting to a Senior HR Manager located at Head Office in Cheshire.
* Providing guidance/information to employees and escalating when appropriate
* Areas of administration including on boarding, off boarding, and data management
* Maintaining staff/HR databases and making sure all is kept up to date
* Assist with HR projects led by the team
* Completing regular updates for the broader HR team, and other departments as needed
* Producing regular reports from internal systems
* Raising central Contracts of Employment and welcome packs for new colleagues
* Raising the necessary contractual paperwork for existing colleagues
* Ensure all new starters have the correct right to work documentation
* Ensure letters issued for all employees in connection with HR related matters
* Maintain an efficient and effective filing system including updating databases
* Update them of all starters/leavers
* Ensure accuracy and timely manner of all leaver's paperwork and documentation
* Ensure paperwork is complete for payroll in a timely and efficient manner in time for the payroll cut off deadlines
* Maintain employee information such as changes of addresses and changes to Ts & Cs by controlling and monitoring the process as first point of contact
* Conducting exit interviews with all leavers, and providing appropriate feedback
* Provide references for ex-employees
* Maintain and administer all maternity leave paperwork and advise payroll
* Maintenance and update, recruitment candidate/job database
* Produce each period, the Absence and Turnover report including breakdown of all associated, departmental turnover
The Ideal Candidate:
* A level/HND/University degree educated in a relevant business or HR related subject (ideally but candidates with degrees in other subjects and relevant HR experience will also be considered)
* Qualified to/currently working towards CIPD level 5 as a minimum.
* HR Generalist experience gained as an HR Assistant or HR Advisor or HR Officer or Manager within an industrial manufacturing unit or FMCG or engineering or possibly logistics environment.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships
* Able to engage and collaborate with relevant stakeholders at all levels.
* Computer Literate in MS Office packages and use of Databases
* Excellent interpersonal skills. Accuracy and attention to detail
* Excellent Written & Verbal communication skills, including Report writing.
* Sociable and Approachable
* Perceptive and detail-oriented
* Creative and curious
* Drive for helping people and for challenges
* First Aid experience
* Mental Health experience
In return our client offers a salary of £30,000-35,000 (dependent on experience), holiday entitlement of 23 days per year plus 8 bank holidays - and an additional one day for your birthday (subject to the needs of the business) - a nest company pension (3 month waiting period), the ability to shape the future of a company making exciting advancements in the residential property sector and a great working environment.