NORTHERN REGION SPECIFICATION SALES MANAGER
c£40 - 45000 upto 30% bonus Car/Allowance Benefits
Location: North West
Commutable from Manchester, Stockport, Cheshire, Lancashire, Liverpool, Cumbria
Our client is a market leader in the supply of access and physical security solutions to the industrial and commercial sector including hotels, hospitals/care homes, university student accommodation, commercial and residential developments, factories, distribution centres, high rise buildings, swimming pools, airports, shopping centres, interior design and fit out sector working with architects, specifiers and main contractors.
This is a newly created position to support our client's growth plans for its range of products and solutions in the UK industrial and commercial specification sales market. They wish to increase their coverage and brand recognition in the North West, North England and Scottish Borders with the appointment of a regionally located Specification Sales Manager including a Northern Region Specification Sales Manager to cover the Northern England and Scottish Borders region.
The role will be focused on new business development, key account and project management promoting our client’s full range of security and access solutions to architects and specifiers concerned with long term strategic projects in relation to multiyear design and construction development projects. Your background therefore will be in specification sales, building relationships with architects, main and sub-contractors, including technical discussions concerning the product, its design and installation. You will have a strong established network of contacts in the construction sector in physical security, access solutions, dry lining, roofing or similar construction components.
- Based from a home office, and reporting to the Sales Director, you will foster and promote sales throughout the North West and Northern Regions.
- Call on current and prospective customers, architects or engineers to explain the advantages of our client’s products and capabilities. Assist in defining project requirements, influencing the preparation of specifications or matching products with existing specifications. Communicate our client’s value proposition in comparison with other similar competitor products in the marketplace.
- Analyse major construction job requirements for special or unique applications and provide technical input to arrive at an engineered solution. Use sketches, drawings and calculations to focus on requirements, and provide best options. Work as liaison between the customer and our client’s Head Office to expedite or resolve final design requirements.
- Maintain tracking system and follow up all calls and enquiries to ensure orders are closed. Analyse any problems presented by the customer, develop solutions and assist in resolving concerns.
- Work closely with design and technical teams to develop strategic pricing for major contracts and partnering agreements when required.
- Maintain effective, ongoing relationship with repeat and key account customers whether concerned with short term or long term strategic projects.
- Monitor competitor activity and market trends within the territory for both short term wins as well as long term strategic projects.
- Participate in identifying new markets or new needs for existing products, and new market needs for new products. Participate in the development of specific sales strategies to increase sales of individual products / product lines.
- Prepare and present PowerPoint or other presentations at CPD roadshow events, seminars, or conferences to communicate the advantages of our client’s products.
The Ideal Candidate:
- University degree/graduate calibre education or similar required, e.g. BSc, HND, HNC.
- Currently undertaking a similar field based Specification Sales, hunting and consultative selling role within construction products e.g. roofing, doors, physical security, access solutions, dry lining or similar in the North West region. Experience of other architectural products will be considered.
- Will have extensive knowledge of the construction sector and will possess an established network of contacts within the North West and Northern regions for both long term and short term projects.
- Experience must include drafting of specifications and building relationships with architects, main contractors and engineers including CPD presentations and technical discussions.
- Confident and articulate, with good written and verbal communication skills at both architect, engineer and site levels.
- Ability to manage all projects through from enquiry to installation, maintaining contact at all stages.
- Detail oriented and familiar with CRM systems.
- Familiar with construction site visits to undertake inspections and develop relationships and knowledge within the territory.
- Computer literate including Excel, Powerpoint and CRM systems.