You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
PLANT GENERAL MANAGER
PLANT GENERAL MANAGER
“Excellent transformational change management role for Chemical Engineer/Engineering professional with track record of people development, engagement and continuous improvement in an Industrial Processing Environment.”
C£Very Competitive + Car Allowance, Bonus & Benefits & Relocation Assistance
Commutable Locations: Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Staffordshire, Derbyshire, Cheshire, Yorkshire, West Midlands, Shropshire, Greater Manchester, Humberside
Our client is a global market leader within the industrial processing sector and operates a number of plants in the UK.
Due to dynamic growth our client is now seeking an Engineering degree educated Plant General Manager to take the lead at three strategic sites located. Candidates currently working within the heavy engineering/industrial processing industries would be particularly interesting.
This is a high-profile leadership role, focused on ensuring continuous improvement of health and safety and operational efficiency. You will manage a highly experienced and loyal team, further developing and instilling a zero-harm culture, and the technical competencies and behaviours required to achieve and sustain world class standards for the manufacture of our client’s product which is exported globally and utilised for a wide range of industry applications.
The successful candidate will therefore demonstrate a high profile and visible leadership style, and a track record of transformational change management and people development, engagement and motivation against a backdrop of a “best in class”, operational development programme. Ideally this experience will have been gained within a blue-chip multinational environment renowned for its world class/leading edge standards in terms of operational performance, people development, change management and leadership - an "employer of choice".
The ideal applicant will possess current and previous site leadership and manufacturing operational management experience gained within a fast-moving, lean processing, high customer service focused heavy engineering/industrial processing environment will be a prerequisite. The sites are unionised so excellent, well-honed ER skills are essential.
The primary purpose of the roles is to be responsible for optimizing labour; safety on site; material and equipment resources to maximize production capability and meet customer expectations with excellent quality and service. We are seeking people with experience of turnaround/transformation, people development, technical skills transfer, retention and management as part of a talent development and succession planning programme, continuously improving and developing such operations as the sites take on increased customer volumes both in the UK and in the export market.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Must be University degree educated in Engineering – Chemical Engineering would be particularly advantageous.
- Consistent career history in blue chip multinational environments
- High profile leadership experience in a Plant/Site Operations. Worked at Plant/Factory Manager Level.
- Track record of people development, technical skills transfer, retention and management, employee engagement, change and continuous improvement leading to best in class OEE and safety standards
- Experience in Project Management, business and systems analysis highly advantageous but people management, development and succession planning within a long established and highly skilled processing environment will be critical to success.
- Plant, Site or Factory multi functional operations leadership experience must have been gained within heavy industrial processing sector
- Experienced Lean or Continuous Improvement champion with track record of excellent team development and engagement to deliver continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated experience of cross functional and multi-level interaction and working in a matrix organization.
- Ideally experience of working within high volume / target driven manufacturing environment.
- Led & achieved results in UK or pan-European, multi-single site, managing cross functionally within blue-collar sites.
- Experience of leading and managing employee relations at a senior level through continuous improvement within best in class operations.
- Proven skills and capabilities in leadership, communication, capability, collaboration and problem solving.
- Excellent experience of the Budgeting process and CAPEX business case approval process.
- Project Management qualification highly advantageous.
- Knowledge and use of Lean/Six Sigma.
- PC Literate. Particularly strong Excel skills.
- Resilient, driven, results focused personality - a high achiever.