You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Project Engineer -EPC Engineering & Projects
PROJECT ENGINEER - (EPC) ENGINEERING & PROJECTS - HIGH HAZARD/HIGH INTEGRITY ENVIRONMENT
C£40-50000/€47-58500 (DOE) Bonus Excellent Benefits
North West UK or Netherlands or North West Germany
Our client is a global player with the high hazard and high integrity energy and power generation sector. Its portfolio of projects ranges from £50 million to in excess of £500 million. Its Engineering and Projects division supports Group project services across sites in the UK and mainland Europe.
The Project Engineer (EPC) will ensure that project requirements are completed accurately, on time, within budget and to the required quality standard, whilst building and maintaining strong client and stakeholder relationships. As Project Engineer your remit will span supplier selection and evaluation, to direct delivery of engineering/design scope for selected projects from conception to completion.
Therefore, this role will be ideal for a Project Engineer with a solid generalist understanding of a wide range of engineering disciplines, enabling the role to deliver integrated design solutions and to oversee engineering at project level with varying degrees of complexity.
The role would report to a Project Engineering Manager, and you would be responsible for indirect management of contractors at multiple locations and for budgetary responsibility for engineering contracts up to c€5 million.
The role of Project Engineer (EPC) has multiple stakeholders, internal and external customers, interfacing across the whole group and this on occasion may require travel to mainland Europe to assist with projects.
As Project Engineer you may be assigned to one project or several packages of work that form part of a large project of strategic importance.
The Ideal Candidate:
* University degree (or equivalent) in Engineering, Project Management, Construction or similar.
* At least three years' experience in a fully accountable technical project engineering role within EPC projects.
* Full design project lifecycle project engineering experience from concept development, initiation through to closeout/handover.
* Skilled in implementing engineering/design strategy against project objectives with minimal supervision.
* Proven leadership experience and the ability to work with minimum supervision.
* Demonstrable experience in developing and implementing cost predictability aligning multicultural team members around clear common goals to successfully achieve project objectives ranging from oversight to management by influencing to deliver.
* Demonstrable project engineering experience supporting complex, multi contract, multi discipline EPC project(s).
* Experience of successfully managing contractual relationships with suppliers including provision of free issue materials, technology, or IP.
* Proven track record of contract delivery protecting our client's contractual position whilst preventing the likelihood of claims.
* Strong competence and capability working with teams of high performing professionals accountable for the delivery of projects.
* Additional professional qualifications such as CEng or EUR ING. CDM Principal Designer Representative experience very useful.
* A project management qualification such as APM or PMI or Chartered Project Professional (ChPP) would be highly advantageous.
* Awareness of contracting methodologies such as NEC3, NEC4 etc
* On site construction experience.
Please note that this role is subject to security clearance so if you have security clearance for the UK, Netherlands or Germany please state this clearly on your application.