Senior Process Optimisation Engineer
SENIOR PROCESS OPTIMISATION ENGINEER
"Excellent opportunity for experienced chemical process engineer to join a flagship heavy industrial processing & manufacturing plant."
Salary: Competitive + Bonus +Blue Chip Benefits
Commutable from: Derbyshire, Cheshire, Manchester, Staffordshire, Macclesfield, Chapel en le Frith, Leek, Stoke on Trent, Stockport, Buxton, Sheffield, Chesterfield, Matlock, Burton on Trent, Ashbourne, Belper, Rotherham, Dronfield, Worksop.
This is an exciting career development opportunity for a degree educated and ambitious Chemical Engineer to join the plant optimisation team of a UK market leader.
Reporting to a Site Optimisation Manager and working closely with production, maintenance, project and environmental management colleagues, you will play a key role in developing and leading the optimisation of technical, HSE and quality, environmental and economic performance of the cement operation, whilst ensuring legal compliance.
The main elements of the role are to:
- Leading safety in the Optimisation team, demonstrating a clear commitment to achieving zero harm on the Plant. Ensuring that high safety standards are met, coaching and challenging others to work safely.
- Manage and develop team members; coach and support to develop individual's technical skills and develop their understanding of the wider business issues relevant to their job.
- Analyse plant technical information on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to advise production, quality, environment, systems and maintenance departments on improvement opportunities.
- Advise production and quality departments on plant running parameters / targets.
- Organise and contribute to the implementation of process inspections (both running and stopped) on main plant as per IPEA guidelines and Plant needs. Report the findings and liaise with relevant departments so that findings and recommendations are followed-up and actions progressed.
- In partnership with production department, develop and update the Standard Operating Procedures for Control Room Operators so that the plant is running at optimum level at all times.
- Contribute to root cause analysis process for stoppages related to process/production issues.
- Contribute to scope definition and then integration on site of capital projects impacting process. Depending on projects, he/she may be in charge of the Operational preparation.
- The role would be expected to cover the Optimisation Manager and any other reasonable duty in relation to the role.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Chemical Engineering / related Degree is ideal or equivalent
- IChemE associated - working towards or willing to attain chartered engineer status.
- NEBOSH qualification or equivalent would be desirable
- 5 years proven experience in the chemical process engineering industry is required for this role. This could be steel, cement, chemicals, minerals, glass or similar heavy processing industries.
- Candidates with a chemical engineering degree and recent or current in-depth experience as a process engineer or process optimisation engineer role gained within a minerals processing/manufacturing plant may also be considered.
- In-depth knowledge and direct hands on experience of the cement manufacturing process (or minerals processing).
- Strong foundation skills in physics, chemistry, thermodynamics and IT. Strong knowledge of physico-chemical products.
- Waste-derived fuel knowledge and experience such as alternative fuels implementation projects.
- Excellent analytical skills, and ability to deal with complex matters involving a lot of data.
- Strong IT skills, in particular proficient in the use of Pi and MS office packages
- Environmental awareness in relation to developing a positive impact on the business.
- Good knowledge of process control methods and statistical methods for troubleshooting.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Competent to assist the development of production operators to enhance the effectiveness of the process.
- High safety standards and a wide knowledge of Health and Safety management techniques (e.g. Risk Assessments).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Persuasion and influencing skills
Our client offers excellent development and the opportunity to make a real difference in a business that really values its people.
To apply without delay, please email your CV, quoting reference LX 1025976 01905 381 320 www.martinveasey.com