HEAD OF SUPPLY CHAIN PLANNING, DISTRIBUTION & PROCUREMENT
"SI &OP specialist with excellent leadership and people development experience required to take on high profile supply chain and distribution transformation role for FMCG market leader."
Our client is a market leading designer and distributor of internationally sourced and manufactured FMCG household products.
It is now seeking a dynamic, inspirational leader and supply chain expert to head up the transformation of its supply chain planning, distribution, and procurement functions. The successful candidate will be a degree educated Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning specialist with an in depth understanding of warehousing and distribution complemented with experience of international sourcing, procurement, and supplier development.
To succeed in this transformational leadership role, you must already possess a demonstrable track record of successfully establishing and implementing integrated supply chain business and demand planning processes. This will include specifying functionality for and implementing ERP and forecasting systems.
As Head of Supply Chain Planning, Distribution and Procurement you will be a proactive and strategic thinker, very proficient at reporting and presenting business and capital investment cases at plc board level.
You will be an excellent cross functional team player, engaging and collaborating with key stakeholders within commercial, product development and finance to ensure accurate forecasts and plans and an agile, responsive supply chain function.
Operationally you will be happy to lead your team to get into the detail to drive supply chain optimisation and improvement. You will define and implement KPI's and controls to monitor analyse, report, and continuously improve supply chain performance.
You will also possess a detailed understanding of KPIs and cost to serve models critical to high levels of productivity within warehousing and distribution to ensure cost effective and efficient next day OTIF customer service to UK national customers across a variety of channels.
As Head of Supply Chain Planning, Distribution & Procurement you will be a visionary manager, leader, mentor, and coach. Your experience to date will demonstrate your strong capability in motivating, inspiring, developing and upskilling individuals, and teams, setting stretch targets, succession planning and creating a best-in-class supply chain function.
You will manage teams across inbound freight, supply chain analysis, supply chain planning and forecasting, warehousing, distribution development and procurement.
Accordingly, you will oversee the outbound logistics operation including third party carrier, haulier and sea freight partner selection and negotiation.
You will also define and create a procurement function which aligns to the wider organisation including supply chain and product development.
The focus will be on ensuring optimum supply performance. In this respect you will work closely with international procurement/sourcing colleagues, engineering and manufacturing on collaborative supplier development, innovation, and cost reduction projects.
The Successful Candidate:
* The ideal candidate will be university degree educated with professional supply chain qualifications such as APICS or equivalent.
* First and foremost a supply chain expert experienced in S & OP, demand and supply planning, warehousing and third-party logistics and freight management within a FMCG environment.
* Your procurement experience will complement your core strategic and operational supply chain expertise.
* Solid experience of defining and implementing supply chain strategy.
* Already operating at Senior Supply Chain, Head of Supply Chain, Supply Chain Controller level within a market leading FMCG organisation.
* Experience of demand planning within volatile, uncertain, and ambiguous contexts where initially all the data may not be available and efficient, connected processes may not exist.
* Experience of delivering supply chain customer service excellence and OTIF within a fast-moving next day service environment to retail, online and wholesale channels.
* Resilience and energy to lead a team through challenging situations, maintaining morale and motivation whilst driving improvements and operational performance.
* Able to demonstrate real examples of taking ownership of change and improvement projects from concept to delivery. Ability to reflect and continuously improve.
* Excellent commercial awareness of the total supply chain including order management and key account customer relationships.
* Data driven and critical thinker.
* Ability to multitask. Very organised and excellent time manager.
* Pragmatic, comfortable in the detail, results focused to get the job done.
* Strong communication and presentation skills to positively influence outcomes.
* Experience of working with lean methodologies highly advantage.
* Experience of SAP very beneficial.