MECHANICAL DESIGN/PROJECT CO-ORDINATOR
“Career development role in design and manufacture of bespoke construction products”
Up to £25,000 + Excellent benefits
East/West Midlands border
Commutable from Nuneaton, Tamworth, Atherstone, Dordon, Bedworth, Hinckley, Lichfield, Ashby de la Zouche, Leicester, Coventry, Rugby, Lutterworth, Sutton Coldfield, Coleshill, Cannock, Rugeley, Burton upon Trent, Birmingham, Solihull, Warwick, Leamington Spa.
Our client is a manufacturer of custom fabricated metal construction products to architect and engineer specifications. Each product is unique and manufactured to order. This is a new key role interfacing between the sales and design teams and customers throughout the UK so travel to customer, architect or consultant engineer sites will be essential. Our client is involved in major high-profile long-term UK construction products.
You will be the primary contact during early stage discussions with potential customers and will co-ordinate and facilitate good communication both internally and externally to ensure the initial designs and calculations that support the supply of technically engineered solutions are delivered in a timely manner.
You will ensure that the designs, calculations and quotations that support both engineered sales opportunities and secured contracts for production are accurately tracked, coordinated and progress reported. This includes proactive engagement and chasing of both internal and external resources and stakeholders to ensure compliance. You will also use a new 3D CPQ design package, Configure One, to produce schematic drawings and details for non-engineered projects and opportunities including presentation and discussion with customers at all levels.
The role holder will proactively manage and facilitate the various activities to successfully deliver designs from customer concept through to product on site acting as the point of contact between the team and client, in line with customer and business expectations. You will generate and manage the creation and approval of design concepts and solutions including involvement with new product development.
Main responsibilities are:
• Direct liaison with customers face to face, video or phone to ensure design, calculation and concept needs are met effectively and accurately
• Professionally represent the company during design/site meetings and communicate in a technical manner
• Produce compliant and effective drawings for approval and production using Solidworks and initial proposals using Configure One
• Coordinate design submittals on projects ensuring timely resolutions
• Work from plans and specifications and decipher the correct solution
• Review, negotiate and recommend design changes where appropriate
• Oversee progress of designs and calculations from sales to delivery
• Support the commercial team in creating basic layout information and interpretation of customer designs where appropriate
• This is a development role so you could move up to Designer level in time
The Ideal Candidate:
• Confident with strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Educated to college level in a technical, engineering or mechanical design subject – possibly still studying
• Comfortable with proactive and structured customer interactions
• Organised and comfortable in holding others to task based on quantitative data
• Technical capability and understanding with the ability to use design and project management software
• Knowledge and ability to use 3D CAD design software such as Solidworks and Configure One useful but training provided
• Understanding of stress calculations
• Commercial awareness and creative thinking
• Organised, structured and pro-active
• Problem solving, attention to detail and able to identify mistakes
• Team player with relationship building and influencing skills
• Experience within construction/metal fabrication useful eg, doors, pallet racking, mezzanine floors, access solutions, sheet metal products, etc
• Microsoft skills ie utilize spreadsheets etc to track projects and enquiries
• Driving licence essential. Comfortable with occasional nights away from home
To apply without delay please email your CV quoting reference LX 525459 to firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone 00 44 (0) 1905 381 320 www.martinveasey.com