You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
MAINTENANCE MANAGER - HEAVY ENGINEERING & PROCESSING ENVIRONMENT
“Exceptional career development opportunity for an Engineering Graduate, with track record of excellence in maintenance management to join market leader at strategically important production & processing facility.”
C£45-50000 + Car/Allowance and Excellent Benefits
Stratford upon Avon, Warwickshire
Our client is a world leader, with a £multibillion turnover and plants on virtually every continent. Its investment in the latest heavy engineering and processing technology ensures its reputation as one of the world’s most sustainable corporations.
As part of its policy of continuous improvement and development they are seeking an ambitious Engineering Graduate who is very keen to take the next step into a Maintenance Management role at a strategically important site.
Reporting to a recently appointed and highly experienced Plant Manager, the Maintenance Manager will lead a small team of electricians and mechanical fitters, ensuring that plant equipment and maintenance systems are maintained, developed and improved within a manufacturing and Continuous Improvement environment and culture.
The focus is safety first and zero harm and as Maintenance Manager you will champion and proactively promote this safe working ethos amongst your team and contractors. You will lead the daily management of a production critical maintenance department including spares inventory and warehouse management on a processing/production site which operates on a 24/5 basis. Assets include: shredding and crushing equipment, motors and sensors, mobile/materials handling equipment for transportation of material across the site, packaging and palletising equipment.
Therefore, our client is seeking an Engineering professional (mechanical and/or electrical) with a recent track record of engineering and maintenance team leadership gained within a “best in class”, quality focused, processing and production operation.
The Maintenance Manager will lead an experienced and competent team of mechanical and electrical engineers and will work with the Production Manager and cross functional colleagues in implementing all maintenance operations, mechanical, electrical and process control across inspection, planning, scheduling, execution and improvement phases. The objective will be to deliver a culture of continuous improvement and proactiveness not only within maintenance operations but also safety and health, environmental compliance and plant reliability.
Our client is seeking a high potential who is already adept at working to stringent KPI’s and performance indicators. Successful candidates will be able to evidence excellent people development, managing engineering maintenance team performance via regular reviews, training, coaching and mentoring whilst also recognising potential with a view to succession planning.
Maintenance and budgetary planning experience will be essential as you will be a key member of the site leadership team. You will also be an excellent problem solver, structured, systematic and logical.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong technical engineering and maintenance background gained within heavy processing sectors such as cement, aggregates, minerals or steel.
- Develop a high-performing engineering and maintenance team with a culture of delivery and continuous improvement through effective leadership and management to deliver operational excellence.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant statutory legislation and the internal company Safety, Health and Environmental Standards.
- Drive improvements in plant equipment availability and performance, including costs, through the implementation of engineering maintenance best practices across the whole site.
- Own, develop and evolve the site’s engineering maintenance strategy, implementing a common maintenance platform.
- To monitor and ensure implementation and delivery of engineering maintenance procedures, initiatives and controls across all areas of responsibility.
- Liaise between functions to ensure team work, consistency, co ordination and best practice to eliminate losses from poor practices or communication and to expedite learning.
- Develop annual maintenance budgets for the site, highlighting operational constraints and the value adding performance that Maintenance can make.
- Ensure the application of defect elimination/Pareto/root cause failure analysis to all losses and be responsible for the recommendation/implementation of solutions.
- Management of the established site maintenance, planning and cost reporting systems to maximise their potential to the organisation.
- Keep abreast of and apply where appropriate new condition monitoring technologies, maintenance improvement 'tools' and processes.
- Support the development of engineering staff by defining, and where necessary, providing training in activities that support maintenance improvement and coaching.
- Define and implement KPI’s to monitor the performance of all maintenance employees and contractors.
- Apply and communicate the engineering and maintenance improvement strategy for the site including proactively supporting cross functionally to ensure maintenance practices are adopted and implemented.
The Ideal Candidate:
- University degree educated in Engineering. Must understand both engineering and business management principles.
- An appreciation of a wide variety of engineering disciplines i.e. electrical, mechanical, process control and optimisation will be critical to success and credibility in this role.
- Master’s degree/other post graduate CPD highly advantageous.
- Your engineering & maintenance team management experience will be from very high safety culture, heavy engineering processing environments. Cement, aggregates, mining and minerals or steel/metals industry would be particularly interesting sectors.
- Consistent industry career history including existing or recent experience as a Maintenance Engineer or Coordinator, Maintenance Shift Team Leader or Supervisor/Manager, Maintenance Planner, Reliability and Asset Supervisor or Manager or other similar Maintenance Engineering leadership role.
- You will possess a demonstrable track record of engineering maintenance team leadership, motivation and development, working closely with HR to produce competency matrices, training plans, talent identification, coaching and mentoring.
- Experience using continuous improvement techniques will be critical to success. Change and project management experience will therefore be highly advantageous.
- You will have experience of preparing and managing maintenance engineering budgets.
- Excellent project management skills are essential as you will play a key site lead role in terms of capital expenditure projects.
- A high level of IT literacy is essential i.e. Microsoft Excel and maintenance management and process control systems.
- You will be an excellent communicator both in written and verbal format with executive presence, gravitas and technical and professional credibility.
- You will be an adept at engaging at all levels from the maintenance team to senior management and cross functionally, with well-honed persuasion and influencing skills.
- Resilient, driven, results focused personality - a high achiever.
In return our global multinational client offers a very competitive salary and benefits package, plus the opportunity to make a real difference to a market leading operation at an exciting stage of its continued growth and development.