INTERIM SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCES BUSINESS PARTNER - CORPORATE SERVICES & MANUFACTURING & LOGISTICS DIVISION
C£65000 (Pro Rata Fixed Term Contract)
Location: West Midlands (Site Based 4 days per week)
Our client, a division of a global plc, is a market leader in the specifications sales led manufacture and supply of mechanical and electrical equipment and service solutions to the industrial and commercial sector. They are a dynamic, innovative, successful and high growth business with ambitious plans for the future including further acquisitions.
They are seeking to appoint an Interim Senior Human Resources Business Partner who will be based its head office in the West Midlands. Our client also has a new greenfield manufacturing and logistics operation based within walking distance of HO and the successful incumbent will support corporate functions and manufacturing and logistics operations. You will report to the Group HR Director.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a confident, self-motivated, and ambitious and experienced Senior HR generalist keen to make an impact within a growing business.
The Interim Senior HR Business Partner is required to deliver a comprehensive, high quality, proactive and value adding HR service to the business and its manufacturing, production, and logistics facilities. The Interim Senior HR Business Partner will provide professional HR support to the management and executive teams, advising on a range of HR issues including employee relations, statutory/mandatory training plans, talent management, succession planning, supporting employee development, diversity, and inclusion, driving, and supporting effective communications, employee engagement, performance management, dealing with disciplinary and grievance cases, managing sickness absence.
The Interim Senior HR Business Partner will also be part of a national HR team, working on a range of cross functional organisational design and development projects, and will be responsible for implementing and operationalising Group HR policies and initiatives throughout the business.
- Deliver a comprehensive HR service to the business at HO and within its manufacturing/production and logistics facilities, ensuring the effective application and full compliance with people policies, practices and procedures.
- Directly support operational and senior leadership with HR advice and coaching, being seen as a "trusted advisor", able to objectively assess, influence and constructively challenge when necessary.
- Successful management of employee relations e.g. managing absence, disciplinary matters - conduct and capability, compliance, grievances.
- Drive effective performance management through the coaching of line managers on dealing with performance management issues.
- Responsible for providing the business with regular management information reports to support improvement of measures e.g. sickness, overtime.
- Delivery of appropriate contractual documents relating to terminations, appointments and employment variations through liaison with the HO HR function.
- Advising and supporting line managers on selection and recruitment decisions including the completion of the necessary recruitment requests, creation of job descriptions/person specification, management of vacancy advertising, selection process, and interview panel participation.
- Ensure that there is fairness and consistency in reward and benefits across the site in recruitment and promotions.
- Participating in training activities, encouraging, and supporting staff in their training and development needs
- Undertaking safety and healthy duties commensurate with the job and working with Safety, Health, and Environmental function to ensure site compliance.
- Support succession and talent planning in line with Group strategy.
- Responsibility for the administration of employee surveys and feedback processes
- Support the collation, analysis, and implementation of the annual training plan to ensure delivery against statutory and business requirements.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Immediately or imminently available to commence a new contract.
- University degree educated in a relevant business or HR related subject (ideally but candidates with degrees in other subjects and relevant HR experience will also be considered)
- Qualified to CIPD level 5 as a minimum. CIPD level 7/MSc/MA in HR advantageous
- HR Generalist experience gained within an industrial manufacturing unit or FMCG or engineering or possibly logistics environment
- Able to create a positive site team culture and demonstrate leadership and influence within the business.
- Able to think ahead and take action to ensure team skills and capabilities meet future business needs; understand the aspiration and potential of the teams and identify and develop potential.
- Strong capability to influence others, sell your own ideas by linking them to other people's values, goals or ideas; willingly and confidently communicate issues and ideas to gain senior management support; sell the benefits behind decisions and changes.
- Able to build a positive team culture; build relationships with other teams across the business to share ideas, break down silos and maximise performance; must put the 'company good' before any individual 'local gain'; must implement ideas to improve team dynamics and team spirit.
- Able to demonstrate confidence with a wide range of colleagues, stakeholders and shareholders; maintain confidence and stay calm during difficult situations; make decisions that will be unpopular whilst explaining the rationale for these.