You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
HEALTH AND SAFETY OFFICER
HEALTH AND SAFETY OFFICER
“Excellent career development opportunity with global multinational, with manufacturing and logistics sites throughout the UK, for a graduate calibre, chartered Health & Safety professional to lead a regional best in class health and safety function within one of their rapidly expanding business units”
C £27-35000 (Dependent On Experience) Car Allowance & Benefits
Location: West Midlands
Commutable from Atherstone, Nuneaton, Tamworth, Dordon, Coventry, Bedworth, Leamington Spa, Warwick, Stratford on Avon, Walsall, Sutton Coldfield, Coleshill, Cannock, Rugeley, Burton upon Trent, Birmingham, Bromsgrove, Redditch, Solihull, Nuneaton, Lichfield, Ashby de la Zouche, Leicester, Coventry, Rugby, Lutterworth
Our client is a major diversified industrial group, part of a global multinational, specialising in the B2B sector. Safety is their first and foremost objective in all its activities. It operates a number of manufacturing and logistics sites throughout the UK and is seeking a Divisional Health and Safety Officer to take the lead within one of their smaller specialist business units which is experiencing growth both organic and via acquisition.
Our client is seeking a graduate calibre, NEBOSH qualified, chartered IOSH Health and Safety professional with a track gained within a multinational, multi-site, matrix organisation, who will be experienced in working closely with stakeholders at senior executive, including the Group Health & Safety Manager on a regular basis within the business unit, the group and the plc.
As Divisional Health & Safety Officer, you will report to the Group Health & Safety Manager and will take responsibility for health and safety at three manufacturing units located in Warwickshire, Hertfordshire and Suffolk. Each unit specialises in the manufacture and supply of a range of high-quality architectural products produced from stainless steel sheet and extruded aluminium for use in major construction projects large and small in the UK and overseas. Therefore, experience of health and safety within a similar manufacturing environment using processes such as metal welding’s, precision CNC fabrication and forming would be useful. As a critical health and safety business partner you will specifically support, challenge, inspire and coach the leadership teams across each manufacturing site and their line management in terms of delivering the health & safety strategy across their facility. The focus will be on the development of a highly effective, best in class health and safety culture, values, behaviours, systems and processes; ensuring zero harm; ongoing legal compliance and excellent organisational and business unit health and safety standards in line with 18001 and transition to 45001 Certification.
- To guide, support and lead business unit leadership and their line management in the creation and delivery of the health and safety strategy and roadmap.
- To guide and support the business unit teams in the compliance and monitoring of all health and safety standards, policies, procedures and management systems.
- Ensure that safety improvement plans are developed within the business unit implemented and monitored across all sites in compliance with UK legal requirements and corporate health and safety strategy.
- Providing expertise, leadership and specialist advice to your health and safety advisory team and business unit management teams as required.
- Training, guidance and coaching to line managers to enable them to understand and effectively utilise the health and safety management system, in accordance with ISO 18001 certification and the transfer to ISO 45001.
- Support and enable effective critical and high potential incident investigations to be completed by line managers in order to identify the immediate and underlying causes and the appropriate corrective/preventative actions.
- To provide the appropriate level of challenge and help in developing actions to avoid repeat incidents.
- Facilitate the effective communication of health and safety issues and learning points generated by the business unit across the whole group in the UK and with industry bodies.
- To identify themes and help develop, implement and monitor health and safety strategies which will help to continually improve the business unit’s health and safety performance year on year.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Of graduate calibre i.e. HNC/HND, BA, BEng, BSc, MSc
- NEBOSH qualified
- Chartered IOSH member
- Consistent career history within health and safety management roles in large, multi-site, corporate environment within manufacturing and logistics. This could be at Health & Safety Coordinator or Health & Safety Advisor or Health & Safety Officer or even Health & Safety Manager. Clear understanding and belief in behavioural based safety and visible felt leadership.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills, experienced in persuading and influencing stakeholders at business unit leadership and operational, group and plc level.
- Up to date knowledge of current UK legislation including OSHAS 18001:2007
- Excellent analytical and strategic influencing skills and track record of continuously and proactively improving health and safety standards.
- Recent experience of managing 2-3 small to medium sized individual manufacturing or processing units.
- Good coaching and mentoring skills.
- Proven experience of health and safety systems development tailored to business operational and strategic needs including risk mitigation and incident investigation.
- Strong health and safety management system auditing experience.
- A highly responsive, supportive and inspirational critical health and safety business partner. A real committed team player.
- Professional, discrete, diplomatic and tactful at all times.
- Experienced in dealing with regulatory bodies.
- Computer literate including Excel and Powerpoint.
In return our client offers a unique opportunity to impact and shape the health and safety culture and performance of a high profile business unit.