"Distribution of fast-moving components UK and Worldwide"
c£35000 - £45000 Bonus, Healthcare
East Birmingham area
Commutable from Birmingham, Coventry, Coleshill, Solihull, Tamworth, Nuneaton, Bedworth, Atherstone, Hinckley, Kenilworth, Warwick, Leamington, Redditch, Sutton Coldfield.
This is an opportunity for a motivated individual to join our clients' organisation as Warehouse Manager. This role would suit an experienced Warehouse Manager looking for a new challenge or an Assistant Warehouse Manager looking for career advancement.
Our client is a well-established and respected international organisation who operate World-wide manufacturing, procurement and distribution of specialised components and accessories.
This is a hands-on position in a growing business. You will lead a team of 10 and manage an inventory of about 20000 lines and providing same day to 48-hour despatch services. You will be fully supported and resourced to improve existing systems and already high levels of service. You will have overall responsibility for service delivery in a fast-paced distribution centre servicing both UK and export customers.
* Lead and empower your team in a growing business.
* Responsibility and accountability for the performance of the warehouse and distribution activity on site.
* Actively pursue cost savings and efficiency programmes.
* Support the business to improve profitability via the distribution channel.
* Design, improve and review processes and systems.
* Fully utilize and enhance the ERP system to optimise procedures.
* Responsibility for overall shift performance, compliance, customer service levels.
* Ensure all KPI targets are achieved per shift allocation.
* Fully responsible for H&S and quality system audits.
The Ideal Applicant:
* Good standard of education GCSE's, A level/Equivalent as a minimum plus evidence of continuous professional development such as in house supervisory/managerial training
* Great communication skills. Must be able to engage with colleagues at all levels.
* Experience and involvement in helping to grow a fast-paced distribution operation.
* International Logistics experience including UK, European and Deep Sea.
* Good standard of PC skills.
* Problem solving and organisational skills.
* Willingness to lead and implement major improvements to systems, procedures and methods of working.
* A hands-on, lead from the front style.
On offer to the successful candidate is a competitive salary, quarterly bonus scheme based on achievement of KPI's, company pension and health insurance.