Quantity Surveyor - Civil Engineering/Highways Projects
QUANTITY SURVEYOR - HIGHWAYS CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS
"Degree educated and civil engineering experienced Quantity Surveyor for South West regional role to be engaged on highways construction projects."
Salary: £Competitive Car Bonus Blue Chip Benefits
Location: South West/South Wales - Regional/Hybrid Role
Commutable from South Wales, Cardiff, Bristol, Gloucestershire, Monmouthshire, Ross on Wye, Ledbury, Tewkesbury, Somerset, Wiltshire, South Worcestershire
Our client is market leader within the highways construction sector. This is an excellent regional career development opportunity for a degree educated Quantity Surveyor, from the civil engineering sector in the UK, to join an experienced highways construction team. You will support construction projects throughout South Wales and Gloucestershire area. You will inspire, coach, mentor and develop your team. The successful applicant will have experience gained as a Quantity Surveyor within the highways construction, upgrade and improvement sector.
As Quantity Surveyor you will be used to working cross functionally and, in the region, travelling visiting highways construction and highways improvements, upgrade schemes and projects.
As a key member of the regional team you will work cross functionally with commercial and operational colleagues and external stakeholders to ensure that targets are achieved leading to the overall delivery of commercial strategy in relation to highways construction, improvement and upgrade schemes and projects.
Reporting to the Managing Quantity Surveyor you will be responsible for the Quantity Surveying for the South Wales and South West area, engaged in the following:
- The measurement, preparation and submission of valuations with a view to maximising financial returns under the provisions of the Contract Conditions and Company procedures.
- Lend contractual expertise to QS, Commercial and Operational colleagues
- Identify and implement best practice cross the business
- Monitoring and managing the procurement of control of subcontract works
- Work with credit department and ensure timely cash collection
- Preparing and finalising month end accounts in line with management procedures
The Ideal Candidate:
- Preferably BSc degree qualified (Quantity Surveying)
- MRICS preferred
- Minimum of 5 years post graduate experience
- Currently undertaking a Quantity Surveying role within the civil engineering, highways construction, highways improvement, highways upgrade schemes and projects sector. This is a prerequisite for the successful applicant for this role.
- We are not seeking applicants from any other type of construction sector on this occasion.
- Experience of undertaking a regional multi-site role will be essential to success in this role.
- Experience in NEC3/NEC4/JCT forms of contract useful but not essential
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and influence people at all levels
- Confident when working autonomously
- Strong, inspirational, leader with a coaching and mentoring style
- Good problem-solving skills and creative flair
- Excellent organisational and resource planning skills.
Applicants need to be commercially aware, highly motivated, computer literate and profit focused with the ability to communicate at all levels, demonstrate a methodical and analytical approach to their work. You will integrate and add value to our market leading client's busy and successful team. You will be passionate about safety. You will demonstrate the drive and ambition to succeed.
To apply without delay, please email your CV, quoting reference LX 957129