2 Contract Jobs Found
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
INTERIM BUYER - INDIRECT SPEND - CORPORATE/SITE SERVICES (MATERNITY COVER)
"Graduate calibre, CIPS qualified Buyer/Assistant Category Manager sought for maternity cover contract until June 2022 by global energy leader."
C£30-40000 (Interim rate Dependent on Experience)
Location: North West
Commutable from Ellesmere Port, Mold, Wrexham, Birkenhead, Wallasey, Chester, Warrington, Runcorn, Widnes, Liverpool, Crewe, Knutsford, Macclesfield, South Manchester, Wigan, Newton le Willows, Leigh, Heywood, Skelmersdale.
This is a great interim opportunity for a degree educated, CIPS qualified procurement professional to join a global multinational energy environment within its indirect spend area covering corporate and site services. Our client is a multi-site manufacturing/processing and complex matrix organisation.
Our client has an opportunity for an Interim Buyer for its Indirect Services Category Management team. Specifically, you will support categories such as Corporate & Professional Services, Site Services, Facilities Management, Engineering, MRO, Operational Support and Consumables with tactical and operational buying activities. This role will offer a great opportunity for a self-starter with lots of initiative, drive and ambition, keen to learn and progress on a fast track to Senior Buyer and Category Manager.
Operating as part of a large procurement category management team, and working closely with national, European and global divisions and business units you will support a Senior Category Manager to develop and deploy category strategies; negotiating and deal making; undertake external scanning of key market developments to ensure any new opportunities for value delivery are exploited; identify future commercial opportunities and enable the delivery of associated value through contribution to the sourcing process. You will develop strategies for value delivery focusing on supplier savings to agreed reporting methodologies.
You will be a high energy person who enjoys lots of variety when it comes to tactical and transactional buying but also enjoys being highly efficient and process driven when it comes to the administration relating to raising and actioning purchase orders in line with SAP procurement to pay/P2P systems.
Lead the delivery of tactical buying activity for operational planned spend opportunities within defined operational spend levels.
Manage transactional buying activities and support wider strategic category management including raising purchase orders in line with SAP P2P.
Ensures products and services are purchased in the most cost- and time-efficient manner, delivering 'agile' solutions to implement and ensure purchasing best practices
Prepare RFQ's, evaluate, re-tender, renegotiate or extends contracts and suppliers in order to facilitate tactical and strategic sourcing with relevant stakeholders.
Engagement with operational teams to review pipeline and track regional and national opportunities.
Use of eProcurement tools to assist in the development of detailed business needs analysis for use by Senior Category Managers.
Assessing external information provision and undertaking studies to develop external supply market analysis to aid with the development of category strategies. Establish supply market tracking to inform risk management and strategy development.
Data gathering and analysis to support and inform negotiations and support the development of contract documentation.
Development of communication materials to support business unit engagement and sourcing strategy implementation.
Reporting and compliance monitoring to inform supplier relationship and performance management.
Development of materials to support Category Strategy Team Meetings and team meeting management.
Management of defined commodities developing short- and medium-term strategies to deliver value.
The Ideal Candidate:
* Will be university degree educated, part or fully qualified CIPS, with previous multinational strategic commercial procurement, buying and sourcing experience ideally within indirect categories, although experience in direct categories would still be of interest.
* Commercial procurement/buying experience gained within a multinational matrix organisation.
* Self-starter, with lots of initiative, drive and ambition to succeed.
* Confidence and capability Must be able to influence at all levels of the organisation through strong relationship management.
* Excellent analytical, research, communication and presentation skills.
* Excellent team working ability, particularly with suppliers and sourcing managers.
* Ability to develop and manage strong relationships both internally and externally (e.g. suppliers).
* Highly motivated with a drive for results - performance focussed.
* Strong integrity ensuring procurement operates to high standards and is fully trusted by its internal and external stakeholders.
* Naturally analytical and inquisitive.
* Experience of SAP/SAP Ariba procurement systems essential.
* Demonstrate attention to detail to derive accurate and insightful recommendations.
CATEGORY SPECIALIST - FUEL ASSEMBLIES, PRECISION ENGINEERING & PROCESS TECHNOLOGY
"Exciting role for ambitious procurement specialist with experience of supporting £multimillion product design and development projects."
£Very Competitive (Dependent Upon Experience) Blue Chip Benefits Package
Location: North West
Our client is a global multinational. They are seeking an ambitious and creative, strategic Category Specialist/Senior Buyer with experience of Fuel Assembly Systems, Precision Engineering and Process Technology for a key innovation project. Initially this role is offered on an interim 18 months -2 years contract.
Specifically, as Category Specialist/Senior Buyer, you will provide commercial procurement support to the project, product design and development teams with a view to taking new product innovation from cradle to grave, ideation and concept development to market launch. Ideally you must have experience of procurement contract management including intellectual property within the context of product development.
You will be a university degree educated strategic category and procurement management professional with experience of precision engineering equipment including fuel assemblies and systems, precision engineering and automated process technology.
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced individual who can contribute to the development of our client's procurement capability within this key innovation project.
You will be skilled at working collaboratively cross functionally and internationally and will be able to add significant value and in a regulated environment, whilst still ensuring that the product reaches market within stringent launch deadlines.
· Delivery of new strategic procurement options for the fuel assembly systems, precision engineering and process technology categories in support of the project
· Category development and delivery, setting out the value drivers for the categories and the roadmap of actions for delivery in support of the project.
· Commercial interface with all stakeholders within the project both internally and externally ensuring technical and regulatory compliance;
· Detailed risk analysis of the supply chain and asset base to establish a demand pipeline and to drive value delivery in support of the project.
· Shaping and management of supplier relationships to ensure value is delivered, risk is mitigated, and regulatory compliance objectives are met.
· Management and development of robust business partner relationships will be critical to success in the role. You will be expected to leverage experience of procurement strategy and delivery in your field of expertise to build these relationships. The strength of your relationship will enable you to confidently challenge business partners to think and act differently, to be creative and open to new ideas and to explore new supply chain possibilities.
· Experience of influencing and shaping contracts, supplier relationships and contract management will ensure you deliver the expected business benefits from the spend you are managing.
· Contribution to the development of the Procurement function's capability bringing experience of best practice from other industries and employers.
The Ideal Person will possess the following qualifications, experience, skills and competencies:
§ A university degree and ideally CIPS (or equivalent) qualification
§ Experience of working across global operations or multi-site environments and a keen sense of cultural awareness.
§ Experience ideally gained within commercial procurement in automotive, aerospace, defence, energy storage, power generation, oil and gas or related alternative technology sectors would be highly advantageous. Candidates with pharmaceutical sector, procurement experience in the context of product innovation would also be considered.
§ Understanding of the nuances of Fuel Assembly Systems, Precision Engineering and Automated Process Technology contracts, intellectual property and knowledge and skill in the development of category specific contracts which secure value for our client and mitigate risk as much as possible.
§ A proven track record in value delivery, improvement activity and best practice development in Fuel Assembly Systems, Precision Engineering and Process Technology procurement.
§ Understanding Fuel Assembly Systems, Precision Engineering and Process Technology markets, suppliers and technologies and how to leverage them for value for our client
§ Building Fuel Assembly Systems, Precision Engineering and Process Technology sub-category and category strategies to describe how value will delivered in the short, medium and long term
§ Negotiating with Fuel Assembly Systems, Precision Engineering and Process Technology suppliers to drive the right commercial and contractual outcomes
§ Building relationships internally and externally to enable you to be successful in your role and to contribute to the development of our client as a world-class procurement organisation