SENIOR ESTIMATORS - CIVIL ENGINEERING - INFRASTRUCTURE CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS
"Degree educated & experienced Senior Estimator for regional civil engineering sector role covering rail & highways construction projects."
Salary: £Very Competitive Car Benefits
Location: Wales /South West/ Central Regions - Flexible Field/Hybrid Working
We are currently looking for two experienced Senior Estimators with experience in roads, highways, and infrastructure to join a civil engineering contractor in the South West/Wales region. Our client is a specialist division of a UK market leading group and plc.
The main duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Producing estimates and costs plans for multiple complex civil engineering projects
- Assess tender documentation requirements and present tender launch proposals
- Identify resources to complete the bid
- Identify potential risks and opportunities
- Compile comprehensive analytical net cost estimates for works including preliminary items in line with the Company's standards to win work
- Regular liaison with construction planners, design managers, bid managers, consultants and supply chain to deliver innovative solutions and tender proposals
- Present net cost tenders for internal adjudication
- Conversion of estimates to tender submission
- Handover of successful tender information such that operational teams are suitably briefed
- Participate in post tender negotiations with Clients to secure individual projects
- Produce quantities from drawn information (an advantage)
The Ideal Candidate:
- Previous experience in Estimating with a main/regional civil engineering contractor specialising in highways and rail construction, upgrades, improvement and development.
- Experience of tendering for civil engineering projects from small to large value.
- Experience gained within a self delivery contractor environment would be extremely advantageous.
- Possess a strong understanding of construction technology and innovative techniques as well as understanding the commercial aspects of tendering
- Hold a relevant construction qualification at HND level or equivalent eg degree, CIOB, RICS
- Experience of Causeway Estimating Software
- Ability to estimate from first principles
- Ability to work independently yet be part of an integrated team
- Ability to pro-actively and constructively challenge colleagues
- Motivated, flexible with a will to succeed
These are excellent opportunities for experienced Senior Estimator to join an already established and highly successful regional civil engineering business and with the opportunity to grow into a more senior role within a specified time span.