INTERIM WAREHOUSING CAPACITY PLANNING ANALYST - 6 MONTHS
"Great career development opportunity for highly analytical, graduate calibre, warehousing, stock planning analyst to join market leading distributor".
£250-350 Per Day (Outside IR35)
North West - Hybrid Working
Commutable from Greater Manchester, Lancashire, Cheshire, West Yorkshire Bury, Rochdale, Bolton, Ramsbottom, Manchester, Failsworth, Salford, Oldham, Blackburn, Preston, Burnley, Wigan., Halifax, Bradford, Warrington, Keighley, Huddersfield
Our client, a wholesale distributor, is at the cutting edge of the renewable and alternative energy sector and has significant and growing market share through its unrivalled product quality and service value proposition. Its customer base includes B2C and B2B. There has never been a better time to join them and to play a key role in the expansion of its warehousing and distribution capacity, initially across the UK and then Europe.
The first stage of this is an overhaul of the facility in North West, followed by an investment in a new facility in the Bristol area. Tentative further plans exist for additional capacity in the UK. Additionally, the business is expanding its operation in Europe, namely Germany.
It now wishes to strengthen its logistics team with the appointment of a highly numerate and analytical Interim Warehousing Capacity Planning Analyst for 6 months to analyse and plan warehousing capacity across multiple sites prior to merger in to two sites North West and South West.
The Interim Warehousing Capacity Planning Analyst, through advanced analysis techniques, will review warehousing stock and capacity and flows between the overspill and main site in the North West to assist with daily planning. The focus will be on identifying fast moving and slow moving sku's, analysing volumetrics to ensure optimal product and pallet storage and warehouse layout. This will entail the extraction of data from various systems creating data sets and scenario models to inform decision making and stock planning.
- Analysis and interpretation of data, providing warehousing capacity and stock flow information- this information will ultimately be used in the design of new DC and specification of functionality of WMS and supply chain and logistics system
- Collect, present, and analyse data as required to support operational & strategic projects
- Ensure reliability, integrity and accuracy of data
- Create statistical and financial models using appropriate software to review opportunities for costs savings and efficiencies
- Identify opportunities for improvement covering inventory, supply, and delivery points; build models for trade-off analysis, and project completion, and to provide ongoing analysis of MIS information as needed for senior management team and logistics and supply chain planning
- The Warehousing Capacity Planning & Design Analyst will work alongside senior logistics and business leaders to identify improvement and change projects
- Make recommendations based on findings and analysis
- Produce forecasts and estimates to aid financially sound decisions and planning
- Ensure warehousing and logistics costs are monitored, managed and under control
- Participate in regular planning and project reviews and change processses and prepare data in line with changes
- Set up and provide regular reports and data relating to specific areas of the warehousing and logistics process
- Track logistics trends and use the information to recommend changes
- Utilise warehousing and logistics knowledge and research methods to benchmark logistics activities and to drive best practice
- Work closely with and support operational and IT colleagues to support specification of functionality/design of new WMS and ERP systems
The Ideal Candidate:
- Degree level qualification is desirable in numerate/problem solving area
- Current/recent experience in a warehousing capacity and stock planning, logistics solutions design, warehouse/logistics planning, logistics development role
- Highly experienced in analysing large complex data sets, utilising them to improve warehousing and logistics operational and business performance
- Advanced user of Excel, Access and other database tools such as Cognos/SQL. Statistical process control experience highly advantageous
- Experience of data extraction tools essential
- Strong problemsolving and numeracy skills
- Able to prioritise and manage a varied workload and deadlines and used to dealing with large volumes of data; adept at techniques to manage and interpret large data sets
- Experienced in translating analysis and trends into logistics business projects, modelling the cost and process efficiency benefits, collaborating with key operational and business stakeholders to present a business case and ROI models for the projects; managing the project pipeline and supporting operational and IT colleagues to ensure operational deploym
- Functional/operational experience/exposure in Warehousing, Supply Chain and Logistics from within the Third Party Contract Logistics or FMCG, eCommerce or Distributor sector
- A confident personality. Credible and knowledgeable with experience of managing in a matrix management environment
- Experience of warehousing and logistics cost and operational modelling will be critical to success
- A confident personality, comfortable with liaising at both operational and senior executive level within a multinational matrix environment
- Highly developed analysis, planning and project skills
- Strong commercial acumen and excellent attention to detail
- Experience of WMS and ERP systems
- Knowledge of lean techniques very advantageous