SENIOR BUYER/CATEGORY SPECIALIST - INDIRECTS
"Graduate calibre, CIPS qualified Senior Buyer/ Category Specialist or Category Manager sought by global energy leader."
C£50-60000 (Dependent on Experience) Bonus Excellent Blue Chip Benefits Package
Location: North West (Hybrid Working)
Commutable from Ellesmere Port, Mold, Wrexham, Birkenhead, Wallasey, Chester, Warrington, Runcorn, Widnes, Liverpool, Crewe, Knutsford, Macclesfield, South Manchester, Wigan, Newton le Willows, Leigh, Heywood, Skelmersdale.
This is a permanent career development opportunity for a graduate calibre, CIPS qualified procurement professional to join a global multinational energy environment within its indirect spend area covering corporate and site services. Our client is a multi-site manufacturing/processing and complex matrix organisation.
Our client has an opportunity for a Senior Buyer/Category Specialist for its Indirect Services Category Management team. Specifically, you will support categories such as Corporate & Professional Services, Site Services, Facilities Management, Engineering, MRO, Operational Support and Consumables with tactical and operational buying activities.
The Senior Buyer/Category Specialist will operate as part of a large procurement category management team, and will work closely with national, European and global divisions and business units.
* The delivery of agreed category plans through the execution of strategic sourcing projects to meet business partner requirements, maximizing value for our client.
* Contributing to the development of category plans by creating and owning sub-category plans
* Support the development of medium to long range category plans and be able to influence the development of value delivery plans through knowledge of local needs and local supply markets.
* The implementation of strategic sourcing and supplier management activities to deliver in year value as well as using knowledge of local needs and supplier capabilities to contribute to the development of long-range category plans developed using standard company tools and communicated through the appropriate governance models.
* Savings delivery is a critical component of the role and Senior Buyer will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of reporting and management of value outlooks in standard company reporting tools.
* Collaborate with project specific stakeholders to ensure change management is efficient and effective to guarantee sustainable value delivery.
* Change management is a key challenge in the role and Senior Buyers must have expert influencing and negotiation skills alongside key technical competencies relating to procurement transactional planning, commercial contract management and supplier relationship management.
* Senior Buyers will provide the first line of supplier performance management activities to ensure sustainable and secure supply of goods and services to support ongoing safe and effective operation of facilities.
The Ideal Candidate:
* Will be university degree educated, part or fully qualified CIPS, with previous multinational strategic commercial procurement, buying and sourcing experience ideally within indirect categories, although experience in direct categories would still be of interest.
* Commercial procurement/tactical and strategic buying experience gained within a multinational matrix organisation.
* Currently working as a Buyer, Senior Buyer, Category Specialist or Category Manager for a large matrix organisation.
* Experienced in sourcing, negotiation, and management of £multi million spend categories.
* Experienced in developing strategic category plans.
* A proven track record of working with senior stakeholders across multiple sites.
* Self-starter, with lots of initiative, drive, and ambition to succeed.
* Confidence and capability Must be able to influence at all levels of the organisation through strong relationship management.
* Excellent analytical, research, communication, and presentation skills.
* Excellent team working ability, particularly with suppliers and sourcing managers.
* Ability to develop and manage strong relationships both internally and externally (e.g. suppliers).
* Highly motivated with a drive for results - performance focused.
* Strong integrity ensuring procurement operates to high standards and is fully trusted by its internal and external stakeholders.
* Naturally analytical and inquisitive.
* Experience of SAP/SAP Ariba procurement systems essential.
* Demonstrate attention to detail to derive accurate and insightful recommendations.
Our client offers excellent development and the opportunity to make a real difference in a business that really values its people.
To apply without delay, please email your CV quoting reference LX 967278