- Permanent (2)
2 Mexico Jobs Found
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
HEAD OF PRODUCTION – FMCG FOOD & DRINKS BOTTLING & CANNING OPERATIONS
“Amazing career development opportunity for Master’s degree educated, ambitious, high potential Engineering professional with a track record of leading high performing, blue chip global brand multinational FMCG Food or Drinks Production & Packaging operations.”
CAN $ 130-140,000 + Excellent Blue-Chip Benefits
Location: Ontario, Canada – Relocation Assistance offered to Canadian Citizens Only
Our client is a global FMCG brand multinational with a heritage spanning two centuries. As a result of promotion, it is now seeking to appoint a Head of Production for its flagship production facility in Canada.
Our client is seeking a Master’s degree educated Engineering professional for the role of Head of Production at this long established and successful plant. The facility produces, bottles and cans, market leading FMCG brand products, sold throughout the world.
This is a key senior leadership appointment and you will be joining a high calibre, cross functional executive team including logistics. You will be stepping into big shoes; therefore, this is not a role for the faint hearted. You will set the strategic direction and delivery plan for production to continue to achieve competitive advantage and to retain the site’s benchmark flagship status. You will be picking up the reins of an already high performing plant so your role will be to continuously improve and enhance the operation ensuring best in class customer service, quality, delivery, product, safety and environmental health and safety.
A diplomat and strategic thinker you will challenge existing norms, confidently lead change initiatives and successfully deliver projects relating to production, processes and workforce initiatives, on time and within budget.
Our client is regarded as an Employer of Choice, so you will bring a track record of visionary, inspirational and strategic leadership and demonstrable experience of engaging, motivating, coaching and developing both experienced and new colleagues, taking them with you on the next stage of our client’s already impressive journey as market leaders. This will entail further development of organisational and people capabilities in order to maximise business results and ensure future succession planning.
Your career history to date will be characterised by consistent and progressive career development from a solid engineering foundation, through to operational and strategic leadership positions within FMCG production and manufacturing and packaging operations. Deploying lean, Six Sigma, SMED, TPM and CI within world class operations will be second nature to you.
The site employs up to 400 people and you will be an experienced employee relations manager, familiar with working collaboratively with unions to achieve strategic business objectives.
Most importantly you will be proud of your outstanding records of achievement when it comes to regulatory compliance, sustainability, environmental, health and safety and diversity. It goes without saying that you will be financially astute and commercially aware, experienced in P & L management in a FMCG environment where stringent cost control and margin protection is paramount.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Must be University degree educated in Engineering or Science or Business. Must understand engineering and business principles. Masters/ MBA highly advantageous.
• Technical and regulatory knowledge of FMCG production and packaging processes for food, liquids, drinks and associated raw materials.
• This experience must have been gained with a FMCG multinational market leading food or drinks brand environment.
• In-depth knowledge of modern maintenance technology and methods within automated FMCG Food, Drinks and related packaging operations will be integral to success and credibility in this role.
• Consistent global FMCG Food or Drinks multinational industry career history including existing or recent experience as a Production or Plant or Site Manager/Head. Experience in multiple countries or different locations in country as Manager would be highly advantageous.
• Track record of people development, engagement, change and continuous improvement leading to best in class OEE and safety standards.
• Experience in Project Management, business and systems analysis highly advantageous but people management is key.
• Experienced Lean or Continuous Improvement champion including SMED, TPM, Six Sigma with track record of excellent team development and engagement.
• Demonstrable experience of cross functional and multi-level interaction and working in a matrix organization.
• Led & achieved results in multi or single site/production operational roles, managing cross functionally.
• Experience of leading and managing employee relations at a senior level in a unionised environment
• Proven skills and capabilities in leadership, communication, capability, collaboration and problem solving.
• Excellent experience of $multimillion financial and budgetary management, the budgeting process and CAPEX business case approval process.
• PC Literate. Particularly strong Excel skills.
• Resilient, driven, results focused personality - a high achiever.
To apply, without delay, please email your CV quoting reference LX498629 to email@example.com Telephone 01905 381 320 www.martinveasey.com
COUNTRY BUSINESS UNIT HEAD BOPET FLEXIBLE PACKAGING PRODUCTS - MEXICO
US $90,000-110,000 Annually + Benefits
Actual Job Location: Mexico - Visa Sponsorship & Single Status Accommodation Provided
Our client is a manufacturer of flexible packaging and film packaging solutions. It operates several state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities globally. It specialises in BOPET and PET film production supplying converters and manufacturers across a range of fast moving industry sectors, on a Just in Time basis.
Our client is now seeking a high calibre, university degree educated engineering professional for the role of Country Business Unit Head for their BOPET/PET plant in Mexico
As Country Business Unit Head, you will take full P & L responsibility for the site and its operations including production, quality, sales and marketing and Just in Time Customer Service.
The site employs a multi-cultural workforce of c400 and has production capacity of c80000 tonnes per annum.
As Country Business Unit Head, you will create a sustainable business model to ensure a long-term strategy for the business unit in Mexico. This strategy will focus on achievement of ambitious revenue and EBITDA target by ensuring that production, quality and market acquisition and customer service KPI’s are achieved. You will ensure optimum utilisation of resources, cost effective sourcing and procurement and excellent financial control. A visionary leader you will have a demonstrable track record of continuous improvement, operational excellence, high levels of health and safety and development of an engaged and high performing business unit team.
Through your senior leadership of HR, Sales, Finance and Production, you will be responsible for Production Planning and Control; Quality Control; Health and Safety and Environmental Standards; Product Development and Process Control and Optimisation; Supply Chain Management and Inventory Control; Waste Management and Predictive and Planned Maintenance.
The Ideal Candidate:
- University degree educated in Mechanical, Electrical or Electronic Engineering or similar. A Masters level qualification or Post Graduate Diploma in an Engineering, Manufacturing or Strategy would be highly advantageous.
- Fluent in English. Spanish language skills would be advantageous.
- A strategic thinker with strong operational leadership capabilities.
- Significant track record of P & L management and business unit management of a large production/manufacturing unit gained within flexible packaging, carton, paper or foil manufacturing sector.
- Experience of BOPET (Biaxially Oriented Polyethylene Terephthalate), Cast Polypropylene (CPP) films and BOPP (Biaxially Oriented Polypropylene) films is a prerequisite.
- We are unable to consider candidates who do not have recent experience of BOPET, BOPP, CPP gained within at least the last five years ideally within a state-of-the-art manufacturing environment.
- You will be a strategic, analytical and innovative thinker and excellent problem solver used to deploying lean six sigma and continuous improvement methodologies.
- You will be familiar with working to stringent production and quality targets in order to meet demanding customer expectations.
- Financially astute you will possess excellent operational and budgetary planning and cost control skills.
- You will be an inspirational and influential leader, with a track record of managing and developing a multi-cultural work force comprising employees from Latin America and US, taking an interest in their welfare and wellbeing, their health and safety, coaching, empowering and motivating them to achieve exceptional operational targets and standards.
- You will be a champion of best in class health and safety and environmental standards empowering and leading your teams to take ownership for health and safety within the operation.
- Innovative and creative you will play a critical role in relation to new product development in response to customer requirements.
- You will demonstrate a continuous improvement mindset and will be able to evidence your excellent change and project management capabilities.
- You will be ambitious with a stable, consistent and successful career history to date within the flexible packaging sector including BOPET, BOPP and CPP.
- In return our client offers an excellent career development opportunity within a flagship operation in a rapidly expanding global operation.
- Our client offers a competitive salary and benefits package dependent upon experience and single status housing/accommodation and visa sponsorship.
To apply without delay, please email your CV quoting reference LX 498717 to firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone 00 44 (0)1905 381320 www.martinveasey.com