- Austria x (2)
- Belgium (1)
- Czech Republic (2)
- EUROPE (EU) (1)
- East Anglia (1)
- France (1)
- Germany (2)
- Hungary (2)
- Ireland (1)
- Italy (1)
- Midlands East (1)
- Midlands West (1)
- Netherlands (2)
- North East (1)
- North West (inc. Isle of Man) (1)
- Northern Ireland (1)
- Poland (1)
- Scotland (1)
- Slovakia (1)
- South (inc. Isle of Wight) (1)
- South East (inc Home Counties) (1)
- South West (1)
- Spain (1)
- Switzerland (1)
- Thailand (1)
- Thames Valley (M4 Corridor) (1)
- Wales (1)
- Yorkshire (inc Humberside) (1)
- Permanent (2)
2 Austria Jobs Found
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
OPERATIONS DIRECTOR – GROCERY RETAIL LOGISTICS OPERATIONS
“3PL Grocery Retail Logistics operations. A fantastic opportunity for experienced grocery logistics professional with excellent multi-site, grocery retail DC operations management expertise to take the lead on high profile retail account”
£Competitive + Car Allowance + Bonus + Benefits
Actual Job Location: Thailand Relocation Assistance Available
Our client is one of the world’s most successful third party logistics service providers with an impressive portfolio of blue chip multinational accounts across a range of industry sectors.
This role is a high profile one, taking the lead in the further development and optimisation of multi –site logistics operations for one of Thailand’s largest grocery retailers.
As an experienced Grocery Logistics Distribution Centre Operations/General Manager/Operations Director, ideally with both 3PL and in-house experience, you will work closely with the client and will take the strategic and operational lead for multiple, semi-automated DC’s in the Bangkok area. You will be responsible for strategic growth, operational development and performance covering both warehousing and transport logistics operations. You will also be responsible for delivering an operational excellence programme across the account. You will also continue to engage and develop an excellent commercial key account focused, client relationship at VP level. The focus will be on the further development and growth of the business, against a stringent SLA and challenging KPI’s. You will lead, coach and develop your team of DC General Managers to create a best in class and high performing country operation.
To succeed in this role, you will be university degree educated, and will perhaps have benefitted from an in-depth management development programme either with a large 3PL or a food/grocery retailer. This will have encompassed a series of operational leadership roles covering both warehousing and transport (including acquisition of a CPC) interspersed with project work culminating in your current or most recent senior operational role, running either one or several large scale multi temperature FMCG retail NDCs or RDCs employing at least 900-1000 + staff, as a DC GM/Regional Manager or Director.
Your 3PL experience will have included extensive contract account management and client stakeholder engagement. Either in house or within a 3PL you will have built upon your project management and continuous improvement skills to reduce costs and increase efficiencies. You may already have been involved in new site openings, through to large scale physical and systems redesigns. This will all have been achieved whilst ensuring that operations remain fully functional delivering high levels of accuracy and on time delivery within a retail DC.
You will be strategic and commercially minded, with experience of shaping strategic plans and implementing cost saving initiatives in complex, large retail FMCG operations. You will possess a track record of operational excellence focused on large multi-site manual and semi-automated warehousing and logistics operations utilising lean CI. You will be experienced in coaching and leading teams through numerous periods of change and growth, producing high performing teams. You will be ambitious, with a track record of successful performance improvement and results delivery, as you build your expertise in this exciting role, to eventually take on a senior executive leadership role at VP level in a developing international market.
The ideal applicant will be university degree educated perhaps in logistics or business or engineering. You will be a high energy, resilient person, with a warm personality and a real passion for developing people and driving a logistics business to succeed. Your talent and development reviews to date will already have earmarked you as a high potential talent.
From an operational perspective you must be adept at running a retail warehousing pick pack and despatch operation as well as a multi drop primary and secondary transport function. In terms of budgetary responsibility my client’s business is big - in the range of £60 million plus revenue so your financial management and planning skills will be excellent. Your attention to detail, self-control and drive will be of the highest levels. You will be comfortable persuading, influencing and presenting at both shop floor and director level internally and externally to the client.
Previous experience of working abroad or extended periods of travel to the Far East or other developing markets will be highly advantageous, but not a prerequisite, however you will need to be able to quickly adapt to a different cultural style and your personal people management and leadership approach will be one that respects loyalty and engenders trust whilst remaining highly results driven and focused on success. In return our client offers a competitive salary (low tax) and benefits such as car, bonus, pension, healthcare and fantastic career development. Relocation assistance will be provided including short term rental support and school fees.
To apply without delay and for a confidential discussion, please send your CV in word format, quoting reference LX 482799 for the attention of Roheela Khan to firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone 00 44 (0) 1905 381 320 www.martinveasey.com
FLUENT GERMAN SPEAKER - SENIOR BUYER/PURCHASING TEAM LEADER- ENGINEERING & CAPITAL PROJECTS BUYING TEAM
“Exciting continuous improvement role for fluent German Speaking, Degree educated, experienced Senior Buyer to lead Engineering & Capital Projects Buying Team for Global Energy Company”
C€90000 + Excellent Blue-Chip Benefits
Location: North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany – Relocation Assistance available
Our client is a global player within the specialist energy, electricity and power generation sector. This is a fantastic career development opportunity for a fluent German speaker/German national. As part of a strategic transformation of the procurement function across its global operating units, our client seeks to strengthen its German team with the appointment of an innovative and creative Senior Buyer and Purchasing Team Leader for its indirect, engineering and capital projects buying team.
This is a key appointment at Country level and you will be based at a large processing plant working closely with senior cross functional stakeholders at executive leader level including Plant Manager and Finance Manager.
In addition, you will also work closely with centralised global category management, project procurement and P2P functions across Europe. The ideal candidate will possess a track record as a Senior Buyer, Category Manager or Purchasing Manager specialising in indirect and engineering categories. Experience of managing a team of Buyers will be essential for success in this role.
Experience will ideally have been gained within a best in class global multinational, matrix organisation. Experience of SAP would be advantageous.
• Lead, manage, motivate, coach, develop and empower a team of three Buyers specialising in indirect and engineering based categories.
• Plan, organise, lead and control the work of the German purchasing team to ensure that objectives are achieved and services are delivered to the customers/stakeholders.
• Contribute to purchasing strategy for engineering and capital projects
• Work closely with business leaders to position the business for future growth
• Leverage expertise and know how to improve purchasing’s critical processes
• Define and implement procurement and supply chain procedures and policies in line with group and category strategies
• Shape and manage supplier relationships to ensure value is delivered including value definition, value creation including opportunity development and supply chain execution process; value capture including governance and compliance management and value protection to mitigate risk.
• Management of purchasing, tactical buying, sourcing and supplier management activities to achieve cost efficient, accurate and on time purchases, including compliance to corporate purchasing policies
• Improve value adding capabilities of the indirect and engineering procurement function through best practice, cost savings, cost avoidance and spend control
• Identify, drive, implement and sustain indirect and engineering procurement focused process improvements and cost efficiency
• Actively seek improvements in supply chain activities and performance, primarily through coordination and collaboration with Supply Chain and Category Management team
• Develop reports enabling tracking of Supply Chain performance against KPI's
• Negotiate and implement supplier SLA's to meet business requirements
• Establish, implement and manage system to evaluate, monitor and report supplier scorecard performance
• Manage supplier audits from an operational capability standpoint
• Lead the purchasing team to deliver business reviews with key suppliers
• Lead the purchasing team to manage supplier accreditation activities, customer supplier support and issue resolution related to requisitions, purchase orders and goods receipts
The Ideal Candidate:
• Fluent in German and happy to relocate (with assistance) to North West Germany.
• University Degree educated in Engineering or Science or similar plus Post Graduate level qualification in Procurement and/or Master’s Degree.
• At least 5-7 years consistent, fast track career development within a Senior Buyer, Category Manager or Procurement Management roles focused on indirect and engineering categories.
• At least 18 months leadership experience within procurement in order to manage an experienced team of buyers.
• Experience of working cross functionally within a global multinational matrix environment. This could include oil and gas, energy, utilities, mining and minerals exploration, or capital-intensive industrial manufacturing sectors such as steel or construction materials. FMCG or pharmaceutical sector experience will also be considered if the focus is on indirect, engineering or capital projects focused procurement.
• You be highly motivated to deliver change and transformation and your career to date will be characterised by your ability to engage cross functional teams and global/pan European procurement, engineering and project management colleagues to achieve this.
• You will be confident and experienced in preparing, presenting and justifying business cases to senior executive level.
• Track record of building successful relationships internally and externally to contribute to the development of our client as a world-class procurement organisation
• A knowledge of Procurement systems and technologies and the ability to put operational measures in place to ensure contracts deliver brilliantly.
• Strong purchasing background with proven experience in the areas of project management, supplier readiness and day to day supply base management and demonstrated negotiations capability
• Demonstrated ability to lead in a multinational matrix organisation, work collaboratively with colleagues, and get results through others
• Excellent skills and experience in purchasing operations and strategic sourcing with ability to demonstrate strong project management and negotiation skills in a manufacturing environment
• Must welcome responsibility, challenge and decision making
• Self starter and a team player who will thrive in a regulated environment
• Creates a positive working environment by demonstrating and sharing functional/technical expertise/knowledge
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, emphasising interpersonal, group presentation and team facilitation skills
• Fluent in spoken and written Business English and (native) German language
In return our client offers a very competitive salary and blue-chip benefits package and the opportunity to develop your career within a market leader. Interviews will be held in the UK and Germany as applicable.
To apply without delay, please email your CV, quoting reference LX 498614 to email@example.com Telephone 00 44 (0)1905 381 320 www.martinveasey.com