You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Senior Project Managers - (EPC) Engineering & Projects
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGERS - (EPC) ENGINEERING & PROJECTS - HIGH HAZARD/HIGH INTEGRITY ENVIRONMENT
C£80-90000/€93-105,000 (DOE) Bonus Excellent Benefits
North West UK or Netherlands or Germany
Our client is a global player with the high hazard and high integrity energy and power generation sector. Its portfolio of projects ranges from €50 million to in excess of €500 million. Its Engineering and Projects division supports Group project services across sites in the UK and mainland Europe.
Reporting to the Group Projects Director, the Senior Project Managers will provide and enhance our client's project delivery capabilities across a global footprint stretching over four operational sites and several business activities. Senior Project Managers will be embedded within Group Projects and will provide excellence in the delivery of capital projects.
These roles will cover the full project lifecycle from project set up, initiation through to project delivery stages and closure. Senior Project Managers (EPC) will be fully accountable to deliver assigned projects on time and within €multi million budgets. Small/medium projects could be €50-100 million rising to €500 million plus for major capex projects.
The Senior EPC Project Managers will provide subject matter consulting expertise and advice across the engineering and capital projects portfolio. These are direct delivery senior project management roles, and you may be assigned to one major or a number of small-medium projects, all of strategic significance.
Senior Project Managers will be assigned a portfolio of projects varying in size and complexity, each of strategic significance. Direct reports will range from 5-20 at varying levels from blue collar to MSc and PhD level educated. In addition, you will be responsible for c20-60 indirect reports from contractors based at multiple UK and pan European locations.
Senior Project Managers will have multiple stakeholders, internal and external customers, and will interface across the whole group and this on occasion may require travel to mainland Europe to assist with the delivery of multiple projects.
Specifically, the Senior Project Managers - Engineering & Projects will:
* Actively promote a proactive safety culture, be role models throughout the project lifecycle across the Group.
* Advise, consult, lead and provide feedback in the development and evolvement of the Group's Project Delivery Strategy, aligned to delivery of objectives and strategy across the capital expenditure portfolio.
* Overall responsibility for the delivery of projects to meet safety, scope, cost, schedule and business benefit targets.
* Communicate strategy, objectives and benefits to business unit and Group whilst implementing organisational strategy to achieve maximum business benefit.
* Develop a high-performance team, ensuring flawless integration of sub disciplines and functions throughout the project lifecycle.
* Foster and enhance owner relationships with subcontractors and vendors.
* Ensure our client's commercial position is robustly protected through the application of industry best practice in contracting strategies, supplier selection, procurement, contract negotiation and contract management.
The Ideal Candidates:
* University degree in Engineering, Project Management, Construction or similar.
* Post graduate qualification such as MSc, MBA highly advantageous.
* At least five years' experience in a fully accountable technical project management role actively leading EPC projects (or as a project owner).
* Full project lifecycle management experience from concept development, initiation through to closeout/handover.
* Demonstrable experience of accountability for a complex, multi contract, multi discipline project(s) in a lead EPC role or owner role.
* A project management qualification such as APM or PMI or Chartered Project Project Professional (ChPP).
* Awareness of contracting methodologies such as NEC3, NEC4 etc
* On site construction experience.
* Experience of managing multi-cultural teams within a matrix pan European environment.
* Demonstrable success in project delivery in multiple industries would be highly advantageous.
* Please note that this role is subject to security clearance so if you have security clearance for the UK, Netherlands or Germany please state this clearly on your application.
In return our client offers a very competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to develop your career within a market leader. Please note that this role will require Security Clearance.