You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Warehouse Manager - 3PL Shared User Operations
WAREHOUSE MANAGER - 3PL SHARED USER
"Amazing career development opportunity for experienced Warehouse Operations Professional to join a greenfield contract logistics distribution centre specialising in shared user palletised operations."
C£35000 (Dependent On Experience) Excellent Blue Chip Benefits
Stoke on Trent
Commutable from Stoke on Trent, Stafford, Stone, Barlaston, Silverdale, Keele, Crewe, Kidsgrove, Draycott, Congleton, Bramshall, Holmes Chappel, Rugeley, Cannock, Winsford, Buxton, Northwich, Burntwood, Wilmslow, Macclesfield
Our client is a well-established, rapidly expanding third party contract logistics, offering a range of shared user warehousing and transport solutions to an impressive and growing portfolio of clients across several sectors.
They have recently invested in a brand-new distribution centre in Stoke on Trent and now wish to appoint an experienced Warehouse Operations professional from the 3PL shared/multiuser palletised logistics sector. Experience of operating as part of a pallet network will be very beneficial.
This is an ideal opportunity to take a lead role in defining operational processes and layouts from goods in to put away to picking and outbound despatch ensuring that productivity, health and safety, commercial and customer service targets are met and continuously improved as new clients are introduced to the operation. This will include recruitment of the operations team, training and development. You will be experienced in budgetary management and resource planning. This role will be client facing with your multiuser customer base. You will be familiar with leading edge WMS and inventory systems. Candidates should have a good understanding of transport operations including vehicle loading. A CPC would be useful.
· Effective leadership, management, motivation, and development of the warehouse team to ensure that the service provided meets the high levels of performance required by customers.
· Ensure a 'Positive Customer Experience' is embraced by the entire team and is delivered for each customer.
· Manage all aspects of the warehouse operation to include goods in, replenishment, putaway, order picking, palletisation and order despatch in line with agreed SLA's.
· Lead, motivate, train, and develop the Warehouse team creating and maintaining a high-performance culture focused on working together, openness and continuous improvement.
· You will lead a large team by setting direction, monitoring, and motivating individuals to exceed objectives whilst ensuring that security, inventory management and safety standards are maintained.
· Ensure all health and safety, and operating procedures are adhered to and that colleagues are fully trained and competent.
· Effectively manage resources to maximise productivity and improve cost performance (including recruitment, core and agency resource, equipment uses and pick times
· Delivery against HSSE metrics. Ensure safety standards are always of high priority.
· To be accountable for all commercial/internal KPI's and SLA's, setting stretching goals, driving continuous improvement, and maximising performance
· Effectively communicate operational plans and priorities to colleagues
· Work in partnership with the Transport and Administration teams to maximise productivity, accuracy, efficiency, and the customer experience.
· Manage stock control and inventory checks and be responsible for entire stock flow within the operation.
· Utilise the WMS and Excel ensuring accurate and useful data collection and reports for warehouse activity /productivity.
· Develop warehouse operation systems by determining product handling and storage requirements.
· Developing, implementing, and enforcing policies and procedures such as receiving products, equipment, utilisation, inventory management and shipping.
· Accuracy of stock holding, excellent cost control and budgetary management will be critical to success so you must already be very familiar with compiling and managing budgets and forecasts.
The Ideal Candidate:
* To succeed in this role, you will have a good standard of education with previous experience of managing a third-party contract logistics distribution centre/warehouse operations team including significant experience of managing first line managers/supervisors/team leaders.
* This must include proven people management skills including recruitment of core and agency staff, training, team development, maximising performance, improving motivation and productivity.
* Your leadership and planning skills will ensure that you are able to coach and develop your distribution centre/warehouse operations team to deliver results - ensuring all stock is managed and moved efficiently.
* We are looking for strategic individuals who can drive continuous improvement in productivity, operating costs, and customer satisfaction.
* The ideal candidates will be experienced leaders and people managers with the ability to motivate and drive performance.
* Proven experience of forecasting and capacity planning in line with budgetary constraints and within a growing shared/multiuser warehousing and distribution environment.
* You will be mature, credible, and comfortable interacting with senior internal and external stakeholders.
* Excellent analytical skills, able to resolve complex problems through the identification of long-term solutions covering IT/process change.
* An influential change agent with the capability to facilitate and drive warehouse operations continuous improvement initiatives.
To apply without delay, please send your CV, quoting reference LX 950584