MAINTENANCE ENGINEER - MULTI SKILLED ELECTRICAL, MECHANICAL, PROCESS CONTROL
"Career development opportunity for experienced and ambitious Maintenance Engineer with experience of Total Productive Maintenance (TPM, repairs and modifications to plant and equipment including pneumatics, mechanical, hydraulic and electrical."
Salary: c£30-37000 + Shift Allowance + Benefits + Benefits
Location: Ashby de la Zouche, Derbyshire
Commutable from Ashby de la Zouce, Swadlincote, Burton on Trent, Coalville, Measham, Barton under Needwood, Melbourne, Castle Donington, Kegwortj, Tamworth, Tutbury, Rolleston on Dove, Hilton, Shepshed, Whitwick, Ibstock, Markfield, Groby
Our client is a successful producer of construction products, and this is an exciting and key leadership role for an experienced site operations manager to make a difference at a specialist products packing plant operation serving customers and large infrastructure projects nationally.
Specifically, you will take operational process for all packed product directly managing the packing plant and palletising operation
The Manufacturing & Maintenance Engineer is critical role within a fast-moving processing and packaging and palletising operation. You will report to the Site Manager and will join a small maintenance and engineering team. This role would suit an experienced Maintenance Engineer, apprentice trained and qualified in Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) repairs and modifications to plant and equipment including pneumatics, mechanical, hydraulic and electrical, mixers, packing and bagging machines.
This must include the ability to undertake simple wiring and cabling to 17th or 18th edition electrical wiring standards. Someone who can operate independently, proactively, on their own initiative and who is keen to take on full site maintenance responsibility in the future.
* Preparing planned preventative maintenance schedules and coordinating equipment service with OEM's as required.
* Ensuring that engineering tasks are carried out in a safe and controlled manner and in line with stringent health and safety guidelines.
* Assessment of contractor Risk Assessment and Method Statements (RAMS) and effective operation of contractor permits to work.
* Working closely with the Site Manager and the plant processing team to identify and implement safety and efficiency improvements.
* Utilising lean methodologies and specifically 5s to maintain high standards of safety, productivity and housekeeping.
* Maintenance of the TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) programme including undertaking responsive repairs including electric and mechanical repair and modifications to a wide range of plant, packaging, palletising and processing equipment including pneumatics, mechanical, hydraulics, mixers, bagging, palletisers.
* Testing of key safety infrastructure equipment including fire pumps, sprinklers at prescribed intervals and completion of relevant documentation in line with OEM and legal requirements.
* Undertaking routine and basic machine maintenance and servicing liaising with suppliers and machine manufacturers as necessary for assistance.
* Creating and maintaining a critical spares list and stock to maintain operational efficiency and downtime reduction.
* Prioritising and planning work ensuring priority will be given in the event of a breakdown that results in downtime.
* Maintaining and updating all maintenance, servicing and breakdown records.
* Project work in the areas of health and safety, continuous improvement and new product introduction.
* Reactive maintenance by finding solutions to problems on own initiative referring to the Site Manager as required.
* Oversee machine and forklift truck service contracts.
* Strong focus on health and safety.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
* Apprentice trained multi-skilled, mechanical or electrical maintenance engineer with factory production/manufacturing background. NVQ/BTEC/City & Guilds Level III or ONC or HNC would be useful
* Ability to read and interpret mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical drawings.
* Experience of lean methodologies including 5S and TPM
* Strong attention to detail to ensure maintenance and repairs are carried out carefully and reliably
* Excellent clear communicator, able to coach and assist machine and equipment operators to safely develop technical and proactive troubleshooting capabilities.
* Calm, resilient, reliable, consistent and most importantly knowledgeable - able to take command of a situation and deliver resolutions swiftly.
* Knowledge of PLC's, relays etc
* 17th or 18th edition electrical qualification useful
* Experience of working at height regulations.
* Computer literacy E.g. maintenance system eg Siemens S5/S7 control systems, SAP, Excel, Word etc
To apply without delay please email your CV in word format, quoting reference LX 1097077 Telephone 01905 381 320 www.martinveasey.com